New (French) song teasers May 2023

I love the song snippet Mika posted today. :wub2: Not sure how to define it, it sounds exotic, like holiday and sunshine and a cliffy coast with a few paradise-like hidden beaches in between... it could be Portuguese, Greek, Arabic, Irish, Spanish, French, or a mix of all that. Dreamy, calming, empowering, adventurous, melancholic. :cloud: And definitely makes me hungry for more! :wub2: :excite:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mellody said:

I love the song snippet Mika posted today. :wub2: Not sure how to define it, it sounds exotic, like holiday and sunshine and a cliffy coast with a few paradise-like hidden beaches in between... it could be Portuguese, Greek, Arabic, Irish, Spanish, French, or a mix of all that. Dreamy, calming, empowering, adventurous, melancholic. :cloud: And definitely makes me hungry for more! :wub2: :excite:

For me it sounds like a French waltz.

Maybe it's for the French album?

11 hours ago, mellody said:

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ahhh, I just can’t wait to hear more soon!! 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 11:25 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I assumed it's for the French album, as the studio is in Paris... but who knows. :dunno_grin: Definitely a waltz rhythm, but I hear all the influences that I listed in it... I had been wondering if it might be the same song as the one he posted a snippet of in February, but that one sounded rather electronic... would be interesting tho to hear a song evolve like that! :wub2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

Can anyone hear the lyrics clearly?

I hear: 

(Inaudible)….resist

on se rend immortel devant l’apocalypse

on va seulement resist

regardes-moi pr…….(inaudible)

Note: I am not a French speaker, my level is hardly A2, so I can be completely off! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

we will only resist

This makes me think of his Resist cape from last year's tour! 👀 

Maybe 'Resist' is the song or album title and he was giving us a clue all along!

• Like 3

Came across this version of the lyrics on Instagram:

On résiste

On se rend immortel devant l'apocalypse

En faisant l'amour on résiste

Regarde moi 

Prends moi la main

• Like 5

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

On résiste

Regarde moi 

Prends moi la main

Ah, thank you!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

On résiste

Regarde moi 

Prends moi la main

I'm not hearing résiste there. Later yes, but the first one sounds different to me. I hear éxiste. 

Might be the echo in the recording. :teehee:

All of which throws me back to to XFactor 2021 when he and Emma did a little skit on resistere, esistere. 🤔

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

On résiste

Regarde moi 

Prends moi la main

As french, it's exactly what I hear. 

Anyway we're finally able to hear french snippets, and that's great. :excite:

• Like 5

I'm in awe as always when we get a snipet :swoon: 

He made my  week end and week and more :wub2:

I had this crazy idea he might sing both Keep it simple and a new song in French tomorrow at The Voice :boing: but this is probably not going to happen :lmfao:

I love this snipet and I think both snipets could belong to the same song and I hear 

On se rend immortels devant l'apocalypse
On se rend immortels devant l'apocalypse
Regardes moi, prends moi la main en dansant
But maybe I imagine bits.....the sound on my phone is really bad I can hear better when I play it in my car with loudspeakers on.

Anyway I'm so happy with the snipet :wootjump:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 5

Hmm, I'm not too thrilled about Mika singing about apocalypse - it reminds me too much of the Beautiful Disaster video, which I watched once and not planning to watch it again. But well, that was with Fedez - usually Mika manages to make even such dark topics beautiful, like for example with Last Party - I didn't like the lyrics when I first heard it in Montreal, but the story behind it and the video gave it a different twist. So let's see how it is with this song... I think it's only his voice, with some effects added, so it's hard to say what it'll sound like when it's finished.

Love that he's posting all those little teasers now! :wub2:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

Hmm, I'm not too thrilled about Mika singing about apocalypse - it reminds me too much of the Beautiful Disaster video, which I watched once and not planning to watch it again. But well, that was with Fedez - usually Mika manages to make even such dark topics beautiful, like for example with Last Party - I didn't like the lyrics when I first heard it in Montreal, but the story behind it and the video gave it a different twist. So let's see how it is with this song... I think it's only his voice, with some effects added, so it's hard to say what it'll sound like when it's finished.

Love that he's posting all those little teasers now! :wub2:

I wondered if this song was influenced by his experiences and reflections on lockdown and the pandemic. His songs since then have been for specific purposes - the soundtrack, the partnership with Vianney, etc - so its the first time he's really had the freedom to musically process and express his experiences from that period. 

Which sounds depressing, but listening to the words and message it's a refocus on how to be human and use love and empathy to survive - which was certainly the saving grace of that period. (Thanks to him specifically, for me, that's when/why I found him).  💕

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Hmm, I'm not too thrilled about Mika singing about apocalypse

It’s a fairly happy tune and he sings about the apocalypse. A typical Mika song, he succeeded again! :biggrin2:

5 hours ago, Hero said:

Which sounds depressing, but listening to the words and message it's a refocus on how to be human and use love and empathy to survive - which was certainly the saving grace of that period. (Thanks to him specifically, for me, that's when/why I found him).  💕

I wonder if he will ever tell us. But the beauty about him leaving that open for interpretation is that all of us can have our own truth - and I believe that is also what he loves about it, so he doesn’t want to get in the way of that by telling us necessarily. But I would like to know as well!

En faisant l’amour on resiste - make love not war, right? :wink2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hero said:

I wondered if this song was influenced by his experiences and reflections on lockdown and the pandemic.

Good point. Maybe I wouldn't call it apocalypse, but yeah, I guess especially in the first lockdown it did feel like the end of the world the way we knew it. That's also why I wanted to hear Last Party at the symphonic gigs, and indeed he played it. In that song he also called it "the end of the world", although he was singing about the end of Freddie's world. Maybe in the context of the rest of the lyrics it'll become clearer (or more confusing, you'll never know with Mika, lol! :teehee:).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yes, as usual we're over-analysing everything based on a few seconds! :lol3:

Imagine if he hadn't written the lyrics in his story - I bet he knew we would interpret even more if we don't understand the text. :lmfao:  It'd brie... um... be possible that might happen. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It’s a fairly happy tune and he sings about the apocalypse. A typical Mika song, he succeeded again! :biggrin2:

I wonder if he will ever tell us. But the beauty about him leaving that open for interpretation is that all of us can have our own truth - and I believe that is also what he loves about it, so he doesn’t want to get in the way of that by telling us necessarily. But I would like to know as well!

En faisant l’amour on resiste - make love not war, right? :wink2:

Yes :wub2: