Mika in Korean Press 2023

Kumazzz

What about that (radio?) interview from his story today, was that live or a recording?

Seems this is the website of the radio station, but I'm unable to search for anything on there. 🙈 https://www.imbc.com/broad/radio/fm4u/musiccamp/?fbclid=PAAab-QZVmozPiHOHGWtlejg0ANZ-W0cZZFKKp43CFoCJlKU8_7H9bWSqRvUI 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mellody said:

What about that (radio?) interview from his story today, was that live or a recording?

Seems this is the website of the radio station, but I'm unable to search for anything on there. 🙈 https://www.imbc.com/broad/radio/fm4u/musiccamp/?fbclid=PAAab-QZVmozPiHOHGWtlejg0ANZ-W0cZZFKKp43CFoCJlKU8_7H9bWSqRvUI 

MBC radio

https://playvod.imbc.com/Vod/VodPlay?broadcastId=1000588107169100000

2023-05-25 배철수의 음악캠프 with Mika

Here is a captured video.

playing

• Big Girl
  • Happy Ending
  • Feels like fire
  • YO YO

Screenshot2023-05-25at20-33-40.thumb.png.afeec07d9f9694699abfd9a4a24517a4.png

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

43 minutes ago, mellody said:

It was in 2015, a fan took a video from the outside the studio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

MBC radio

playing

• Big Girl
  • Happy Ending
  • Feels like fire
  • YO YO

mikainstagram stories

Mika at the MBC radio

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

MBC radio

playing

• Big Girl
  • Happy Ending
  • Feels like fire
  • YO YO

Thank you! Aww such a sweet interview! So now please someone give him a radio show where he has enough time to talk, to tell the whole "long story" of the tiger head! :lol3: He says it's his fave part of the show, but I wonder if he'll still think that when it's 35°C at the open air summer gigs. 😅 Loved his reaction to the presenter saying he reminds him of James Bond, so sweet! :fangurl: And what he says about taking inspiration for the show by the crowd, kinda an interactive show, I'm really looking forward to experience this live! :wub2: Also that the English album will be songs with crazy energy as well as songs that are so sad they make you cry. Love this! Like in Yoyo, take me high, take me low, off to the rollercoaster ride that being a fan of Mika is! :lol3: :mikalove:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, krysady said:

@Kumazzz Thanks for posting! :flowers2: Very nice interview, I wish you could hear what he was talking about during the commercials as well :original:

Haha, I was thinking the same. :lol: His face expressions really make me curious. :teehee:

Ah, something else I noticed, how he's mixing up times again. Because he said that 2013 was the NPIH tour, while the album was only released in 2015. It's interesting, because to me his album releases and tours are kinda like a timeline to my life - along with other things from my personal life ofc, but it's very useful for remembering when certain things happened, especially my travels. I thought to him it would be even more of a timeline, as it's his career. But maybe for him it all mixes up, because he's writing, recording, promoting, performing the album, so the actual release date/year might not be on his mind at all, after it happened. :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ah, something else I noticed, how he's mixing up times again.

Probably his brain works on a different algorithm... we know his visual memory is fabulous ( remembers fan's face since 7 years ago), but messing up quite often with dates, numbers and events :dunno_grin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

MBC radio

playing

• Big Girl
  • Happy Ending
  • Feels like fire
  • YO YO

Thank you a lot, Eriko :bow:

I was watching it with a big smile on my face. And Mika was smiling all the time! His eyes were smiling. 

He mentioned that he decided to make a show more flexible and to change the setlist during the show.

And when he said that he was thinking about the round stage in the middle of the venue I almost jumped up :lol3:

After Cheltenham and then what I saw on the videos from Japan I had this idea that as Mika is coming to the audience more and more it would be better to put him already in the middle of the venue! The energy in a round venue is incredible. You are literally in the music, in the sound. I love this feeling which I know from the past when I was singing in a choir. Vibrations put you into another dimension. I want to feel it again!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Probably his brain works on a different algorithm... we know his visual memory is fabulous ( remembers fan's face since 7 years ago), but messing up quite often with dates, numbers and events :dunno_grin:

He works with his instinct and good vibes, not with maths. 

I am the same, awful with numbers :lmao:

We are lucky he remembers our faces :wub2: and cares about us :wub2: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Haha, I was thinking the same. :lol: His face expressions really make me curious. :teehee:

Ah, something else I noticed, how he's mixing up times again. Because he said that 2013 was the NPIH tour, while the album was only released in 2015. It's interesting, because to me his album releases and tours are kinda like a timeline to my life - along with other things from my personal life ofc, but it's very useful for remembering when certain things happened, especially my travels. I thought to him it would be even more of a timeline, as it's his career. But maybe for him it all mixes up, because he's writing, recording, promoting, performing the album, so the actual release date/year might not be on his mind at all, after it happened. :dunno_grin:

That's why he is thankful for our yearbooks to keep tracks :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And when he said that he was thinking about the round stage in the middle of the venue I almost jumped up :lol3:

After Cheltenham and then what I saw on the videos from Japan I had this idea that as Mika is coming to the audience more and more it would be better to put him already in the middle of the venue! The energy in a round venue is incredible. You are literally in the music, in the sound. I love this feeling which I know from the past when I was singing in a choir. Vibrations put you into another dimension. I want to feel it again!!!!

Interesting, thanks. I can't remember ever attending a show with a main stage like that... well, Take That often have a 2nd stage, which also was round a few times - and Mika loves Paris was the same, but I was at the main (front) stage for that. My experience is that it's not that much fun at the times when you can only see the performer's back. The catwalk & 2nd stage he had at the Revelation tour was brilliant, because you could be close to him at many places of the venue, and ofc Mika keeps moving a lot - and for the slower songs where he didn't move that much, I think he was either on the main stage or at his flying piano. Anyway, I guess it's like with the tiger head for me... I'm not too convinced, but I think I'll get it when I see it live. :dunno_grin: :lol3:

58 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

That's why he is thankful for our yearbooks to keep tracks :thumb_yello:

Maybe he should read them again. :naughty: Nah, it's fine, I just found it interesting that there's things about him and his career that his fans know better than himself. Not just the Elle me Dit lyrics, lol! :biggrin2: (me excluded, I don't know the French lyrics any better than he does :teehee:)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

MBC radio

playing

• Big Girl
  • Happy Ending
  • Feels like fire
  • YO YO

I did download 720p (HD) successfully with @PYZ_Moustache help. Thanks a million !!

MBC radio

YouTube

【HD 720p】2023.05.25 🇰🇷 MBC radio Bae Cheol-soo's Music Camp with Mika #MikainKorea

FULL version

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Waiting time for MIKA was also very pleasant thanks for the relay broadcasting by the radio presenter noticing where MIKA was passing by in Seoul and the name of the bridge he was crossing to reach the radio station. Hahaha🤣 He was stuck in the rush hour traffic of Seoul in the evening. Maybe he didn't know well about the traffic in Seoul especially in the rush hour.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bluebear said:

Maybe he didn't know well about the traffic in Seoul especially in the rush hour.

MBC Radio or local people should pay attention to the traffic situations. :glasses3:

NEWSIS

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20230526_0002318938

2023.05.27 07:02:1

김믹하(미카), 널 보면 '핫핑크 심장'이 튀어나와…

"7년이네요. 전 7년 동안 잠을 자버렸어요. 마침내 일어날 시간입니다!"

26일 오후 서울 올림픽공원 케이스포돔(옛 체조경기장). 무대 위 놓인 검정 그랜드 피아노를 침대 삼아 잠을 자던 영국 팝스타 미카는 흰색 조명이 자신을 햇빛처럼 비추자 눈을 비비며 기지개를 활짝 켜고 마침내 일어났다.

미카가 이날부터 시작한 '제15회 서울재즈페스티벌 2023'을 통해 7년 만에 내한했다. 해당 축제 첫 번째날 헤드라이너로 나선 그의 에너지는 세월이 지났음에도 여전히 명불허전이었다.

관객이 함께 어우러져 자유롭게 뛰어 노는 '놀이공원'을 방불케하는 연출, 이를 통해 빚어지는 감정선의 롤러코스터가 미카 내한공연의 전매특허인데 '롤리팝'으로 본격적으로 시작된 이번 공연에서도 증명했다.

특히 하이라이트는 공연 초반부터 나왔다. '빅 걸'을 부를 때 핫핑크 슈트를 입은 채 플로어석으로 내려와 관객들 사이를 종횡무진했다. 이것이야말로 페스티벌의 묘미라는 걸 몸소 보여줬다. 관객들은 열광했고 "유 아 뷰티풀(You Are Beautiful)"을 쉴 새 없이 떼창했다.

이 같은 풍경은 엔데믹의 확실한 증거였다. 서울재즈페스티벌은 코로나19 여파로 열리지 않다가 3년 만인 지난해 대면으로 관객을 만났다. 하지만 88잔디마당 한 곳만 공연 장소였다. 마침내 올해 예전처럼 케이스포돔·88잔디마당·SK올림픽핸드볼경기장·88호수 수변무대 네곳을 모두 무대로 삼았다.

2020년 내한공연을 예정했었으나 코로나19 여파로 취소해야 했던 미카는 2016년 단독 공연 이후 처음 찾은 한국에서 마음껏 한을 풀었다. '타이니 러브(Tiny Love)'를 부를 때는 상의를 탈의한 뒤 객석 팬으로부터 넘겨받은 '무지개 하트'를 가슴에 붙이기도 했다.

'해피 엔딩(Happy Ending)' '블레임 잇 온 더 걸스(Blame It On The Girls)' '그레이스 켈리(Grace Kelly)' 등으로 이어진 약 90분간 히트곡 퍼레이드에서 미카는 남들보다 몇배나 되는 열정을 발산하면서도 지치지도 않았다. 객석에서는 "하나도 안 했다가 아니라 그의 시간은 거꾸로 가는 거 같다"는 감탄이 나올 정도였다.

무엇보다 성별, 나이, 국적을 가리지 않고 모두를 하나로 만드는 무지갯빛 연출과 마음 그리고 열정이 다시 한번 빛을 발했다.

한국 팬의 미카에 대한 사랑 못지 않게 한국에 대한 미카의 사랑도 대단하다. 그는 '김믹하'라는 한국 애칭도 갖고 있지 않은가. 공연 막판에 호랑이 탈을 쓴 채 자신의 이름 이니셜 M이 박힌 태극기를 든 그는 이번에도 한국 사랑을 제대로 보여줬다.

미카가 흥의 절정이긴 했지만 다른 뮤지션들의 무대 역시 각자의 매력을 발산했다. 특히 '서울 재즈 페스티벌'이 재즈 대중화에 기여한 만큼, 프로그램 곳곳에 자리 잡은 재즈 무대들이 돋보였다.

:uk: Google translator

Micha Kim (Mika), when I see you, a 'hot pink heart' pops out...

"Seven years. I've been sleeping for seven years. It's finally time to wake up!"

On the afternoon of the 26th, Seoul Olympic Park Case Po Dome (former gymnastics arena). British pop star Mika, who had been sleeping on the black grand piano on her stage as a bed, rubbed her eyes and stretched herself wide open as her white lights illuminated her like sunlight, and finally woke up.

She came to Korea after 7 years of her life through the '15th Seoul Jazz Festival 2023', which Mika started on this day. His energy as the headliner on the first day of the festival was still unparalleled even after all these years.

The directing reminiscent of an 'amusement park' where the audience harmonizes and runs freely, and the emotional roller coaster created through this is the exclusive patent of Mika's concert in Korea, and this performance, which started in earnest with 'Lollipop', proved it.

In particular, the highlight came from the beginning of the performance. As she sang 'Big Girl', she came down to the floor seat in a hot pink suit and ran through the audience. It showed directly that this is the beauty of the festival. The audience went wild and sang "You Are Beautiful" non-stop.

A landscape like this was clear evidence of endemic. The Seoul Jazz Festival was not held in the aftermath of Corona 19, but met the audience face-to-face last year, three years later. However, only one of the 88 Lawn Yards was a performance venue. Finally, as before this year, all four venues were set: Case Po Dome, 88 Lawn Yard, SK Olympic Handball Stadium, and Lake 88 Waterside Stage.

Mika, who was scheduled to perform in Korea in 2020 but had to cancel it due to the aftermath of Corona 19, resolved her regrets to her heart's content in Korea, her first visit since her solo performance in 2016. When he sang 'Tiny Love', he took off his top and attached a 'rainbow heart' handed over from a fan to his chest.

In the 90-minute hit song parade, including 'Happy Ending', 'Blame It On The Girls', and 'Grace Kelly', Mika showed her passion many times greater than others. It was exhilarating but not exhausting. It was to the point of exclamation from the audience, "It's not that he didn't do anything, but that his time seems to go backwards."

Above all, the iridescent production, heart, and passion that unite everyone regardless of gender, age, or nationality shone once again.

Mika's love for Korea is as great as Korean fans' love for Mika. Doesn't he also have a Korean nickname, 'Kim Mic-ha'? At the end of his performance, wearing a tiger mask and holding a national flag with his initial M on it, he showed his love for Korea this time as well.

Although Mika was at the peak of excitement, other musicians' stages also radiated their own charms. In particular, as much as the 'Seoul Jazz Festival' contributed to the popularization of jazz, the jazz stages located throughout the program stood out.

NISI20230527_0001276311_web.thumb.jpg.5bfbde850d5f3bff0654d08005f3f0e6.jpg

NISI20230527_0001276310_web.thumb.jpg.1d66b785007f2eb2f6df50be06793341.jpg

Maybe... Mika will be on a Korean magazine soon.

Some pics shared by Hanul Kim 하늘 김 ( Fashion Stylist )

In 2015, he worked with Mika for ELLE KOREA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/5dpet-H3CB/

Snapinsta.app_40172305_316024869170531_3806146747235827712_n_1080.thumb.jpg.d4a42597ac5b23be2ee06684ccc3a59d.jpg

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsvWcmwOpmV/

#Sooo happy to see Mika back in Seoul

#Mika#😎👍🏻

Snapinsta.app_349065637_1958788164461055_5107752904068444952_n_1080.thumb.jpg.c8826aacca506b151511388b1b4249d6.jpg

Snapinsta.app_349496563_554240660121240_3775791085201473676_n_1080.thumb.jpg.bcf68a4193091f2261fcb2bd4e3e506b.jpg

Snapinsta.app_349315991_636126245053705_7492894897613297708_n_1080.thumb.jpg.3b6e9f7fbfb11984bc9ec0b5f3379a6e.jpg

Snapinsta.app_349434379_3560782830910888_6997243578676686288_n_1080.thumb.jpg.dfa4bbd9d00aedbc8c852cb90ee24c6b.jpg

• Like 2

Radio Korea

Entered 05.26.2023 01:10 PM

https://www.radiokorea.com/news/article.php?type=entertainment&uid=419711

7년 만에 한국 관객 만난 미카 "열일곱 소년처럼 설렜다"

서울재즈페스티벌 첫날 헤드라이너 출연…"7년의 잠에서 깬 기분"
4년 만에 4개 무대 오픈…재즈·팝·힙합 아우른 음악의 향연

"솔직히 말할게요. 오늘 무대 오르기 전에 17살 소년이 된 것처럼 긴장되고 설렜습니다. 다시 오기까지 너무 오래 걸려 미안해요."

'떼창 공연'의 원조 격인 영국의 싱어송라이터 미카가 2016년 이후 7년 만에 한국 관객과 만났다.

26일 오후 서울 송파구 올림픽공원 일대에서 열린 서울재즈페스티벌의 첫째 날 간판 출연자(헤드라이너)로 올림픽체조경기장 무대에 오른 미카는 긴 기다림 끝에 만난 한국 관객을 보고 "다시 돌아와 정말 행복하다"며 벅찬 기색을 감추지 못했다.

무대 위 피아노에 어린아이처럼 누워서 등장한 미카가 이날 마이크를 잡고 뱉은 첫 단어는 "7년"이었다.

한국 관객과 만나지 못한 이 기간이 믿기지 않는다는 듯 재차 강조하며 "7년을 자고 일어난 기분"이라고 말하는 그의 눈에서는 누구보다 이 순간을 기다려왔다는 진심이 느껴졌다.

그 못지않게 이날을 기다려 온 팬들도 양손에 금색 제기 응원 도구를 들고 열띤 환호와 '떼창'으로 화답했다.

'롤리팝'(Lollipop), '빅 걸'(Big Girl) 등 미카 특유의 밝고 에너지 넘치는 노래가 체조경기장에 울려 퍼지자 1만여명의 관객이 입을 모아 미카의 '행복 주문'을 따라불렀다.

2007년 데뷔곡 '그레이스 켈리'(Grace Kelly)로 혜성처럼 등장한 미카는 '빅 걸', '해피 엔딩'(Happy Ending), '롤리팝', '위 아 골든'(We Are Golden) 등으로 세계 팝 시장을 강타한 싱어송라이터다.

2000년대 후반부터 국내 TV 광고에 미카의 음악이 대거 사용되며 한국에도 이름을 알렸다.

발랄하고 편안한 멜로디와 따뜻한 가사, 진성과 가성을 오가는 개성 넘치는 음색으로 국내에서도 탄탄한 팬층을 보유하고 있다.

미카는 팬데믹(전염병의 세계적 대유행) 기간 예정됐던 국내 공연이 무산됐던 일을 두고 "당시 서울 공연은 내가 팬데믹 때문에 취소해야 했던 첫 공연이었다"고 회상하며 감정이 벅차오른 듯 잠시 말을 잇지 못하기도 했다.

이어 "7년 만에 만난 여러분은 그 전보다도 더 멋진 관객이 됐다. 이전 공연을 취소해서 미안하다"고 진심을 전한 그는 한국어로 "감사합니다"라고 인사했다.

미카는 그간 보지 못했던 관객을 조금이라도 가까이에서 만나고 싶은 듯 공연 중 두 차례나 스탠딩석으로 뛰어들어 관객과 호흡했다.

미카가 스탠딩석 사이에 설치된 펜스도 넘어 완전히 관객 틈에 섞여 노래를 부르자 예상치 못한 이벤트에 객석 열기는 절정에 달했다.

2009년 첫 내한 공연 이후 여러 차례 한국을 찾았던 미카는 대표적인 '떼창 유발자' 중 하나로 불리기도 한다.

앞선 내한 공연에서 한국 관객 특유의 열띤 '떼창'의 맛을 본 미카는 이후 여러 인터뷰에서 이에 대한 애정을 숨기지 않고 드러내며 한국과 각별한 인연을 키워왔다.

이날 공연에서도 팬들은 그간 쌓여왔던 갈증을 풀듯 목을 아끼지 않는 완벽한 떼창으로 미카를 감동하게 만들었다.

'투모로우'(Tomorrow)와 '언더워터'(Underwater) 등 고음을 요구하는 곡까지 정확한 음정으로 관객이 따라부르자 미카의 얼굴은 땀만큼이나 행복으로 흥건하게 젖었다.

공연 내내 온 몸을 던져 노래하고 춤추다가도 연신 터져 나오는 행복한 웃음을 감추지 못하던 미카는 대표곡 '위 아 골든'을 마지막 앙코르곡으로 선사하며 7년 만의 재회의 밤을 마무리했다.

이날 미카가 공연한 서울재즈페스티벌은 재즈부터 팝을 아우르는 다채로운 음악 공연을 즐길 수 있는 국내 대표 야외 음악 페스티벌이다.

지난해 팬데믹 이후 3년 만의 대면 행사로 관객과 만났으며, 올해에는 4개의 무대로 규모를 키워 찾아왔다.

:uk:

Mika meeting a Korean audience for the first time in 7 years

"I was thrilled like a 17-year-old boy"

Headliner on the first day of the Seoul Jazz Festival... "Feels like waking up after 7 years of sleep"
4 stages opened in 4 years... A feast of music that encompasses jazz, pop, and hip hop

"I'll be honest. Before going on stage today, I was nervous and excited like a 17-year-old boy. I'm sorry it took me so long to come back."

British singer-songwriter Mika, the originator of the 'singing performance', met Korean audiences for the first time in 7 years since 2016.

On the first day of the Seoul Jazz Festival held in the Olympic Park area in Songpa-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 26th, Mika, who stood on stage at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena as a representative performer (headliner), saw the Korean audience she met after a long wait and said, "I am really happy to be back again." couldn't hide

Appearing lying on the piano like a child on stage, the first word Mika uttered while holding the microphone was "7 years".

He emphasized again as if he couldn't believe this period of not being able to meet Korean audiences, and in his eyes, saying, "It feels like I woke up after sleeping for 7 years," I could feel the sincerity of waiting for this moment more than anyone else.

Fans who had been waiting for this day as well responded with enthusiastic cheers and 'singing together' with golden jegi cheering tools in both hands.

As Mika's unique bright and energetic songs such as 'Lollipop' and 'Big Girl' resonated throughout the gymnastics arena, more than 10,000 spectators sang along to Mika's 'Happiness Spell'.

Mika, who appeared like a comet with her debut song 'Grace Kelly' in 2007, has made world pop hits such as 'Big Girl', 'Happy Ending', 'Lollipop', and 'We Are Golden'. He is a singer-songwriter who hit the market.

Since the late 2000s, Mika's music has been used extensively in her domestic TV commercials, and she has become known in Korea as well.

With her lively and comfortable melodies, warm lyrics, and her unique voice that goes back and forth between genuine and falsetto, she has a solid fan base in Korea.

Regarding the cancellation of a scheduled domestic performance during the pandemic, Mika recalled, "The Seoul performance at the time was the first performance I had to cancel because of the pandemic." did.

Then, she sincerely said, “The people I met after 7 years have become even more wonderful audiences than before. I’m sorry for canceling the previous performance.”

Mika seemed to want to meet the audience she hadn't seen before, even a little bit closer.

When Mika climbed over the fence between her standing seats and sang completely mingled with the audience, the audience heat up to an unexpected event.

Mika, who has visited Korea several times since her first concert in Korea in 2009, is also called one of the representative 'singers'.

Mika, who tasted the passionate 'singing together' unique to Korean audiences in her previous performances in Korea, has since developed a special relationship with Korea by revealing her affection for it without hiding it in various interviews.

Even at her performance on this day, her fans impressed Mika with his perfect singing voice that did not spare his throat as if he was quenching his thirst that had accumulated over the years.

Mika's face was wet with happiness as much as sweat as her audience sang along in precise pitch to her high-pitched songs such as "Tomorrow" and "Underwater." .

Mika, who couldn't hide his happy smile while throwing her whole body into singing and dancing throughout her performance, presented her representative song 'We Are Golden' as his last encore song, marking his reunion after 7 years. finished the night.

The Seoul Jazz Festival, where Mika performed, is a representative outdoor music festival in Korea where you can enjoy a variety of music performances ranging from jazz to pop.

Last year, after the pandemic, we met with the audience as a face-to-face event for the first time in three years, and this year, we expanded the scale to four stages.

• Like 1

(이미 지난 기사이지만 이 곳에 게시되지 않은 것 같아 올려봅니다. 번역까지는 못해서..한글로만 올려도 될까요?)

wkorea(2023.05.23.)

서재페 두배 즐기기 위한 사전준비

자유의 다른 , 미카

꼬박 7 만에 미카가 한국을 다시 찾는다. 그사이 미카는 마치 일기장과도 같은, 그의 내밀한 이야기를 담은 음악을 여럿발표했다. 어쩌면  음악들은 미카가 자신과 화해하는 방법이었을지도 모른다. 그로써  솔직하고, 자유로워진 미카는 서울재즈페스티벌 1  무대에 헤드라이너로 서며 우리 앞에 선다.

<W Korea> 서울재즈페스티벌로 7 만에 한국 관객을 다시 만난다. 지난 2020 3 월드투어 ‘Revelation’ 일환으로 한국을 찾을 예정이었지만 코로나19 공연이 취소된  있다. 오랜만의 내한인데 소감이 어떤가

지난 7년이라는  시간 사이 모두가 알다시피 팬데믹이 닥쳤고 공연 문화가 많이 변했다온라인에서 가수와 팬이 유대를 쌓는 것이 제법 흔한 일이 되지 않았나하지만 우리에겐 여전히 차가운 쇼가 아닌가슴을 뜨겁게 만드는 쇼가필요하다고 생각한다더구나 이번 무대는 한국 관객과의 오랜만의 재회이기도 하니 아주아주아주 인터랙티브한 공연으로 꾸릴 예정이다관객들 앞으로 걸어가 음악으로 이런 얘기를 건넬 거다. ‘좋아요우리 대화합시다내가   건지보여줄 테니당신도   건지 보여주세요!’

‘Revelation’ 투어는 2015 4 <No Place In heaven> 이후 무려 4 만에 발매한 5 <My Name is Michael Holbrook> 기념해 진행됐다. 언젠가 당신은 5집에 대해 자신의 고유한 색깔을 잃지 않고 어른으로 성장하는 것을 담은 앨범이라 설명한  있는데, 어떤 의미인가?

우리가 인지하든 못하든 성장하고 나이가 들면서 ‘절제된 어른 역할을 수행해야  것만 같은 압박감에 휩싸이지 않나물론 책임감 있게 성장하는 것도 중요하지만 어릴  가지고 있던 순진무구함을 조금은 허용하고 보호해야 한다고 생각한다누구나 어렸을  자신에게 엄격하거나 자신이  일에 대해 지나치게 평가하려고 하지 않는다이러한 순수함에야말로 마법 같은 힘이 내재되어 있다고 생각한다그래서  항상 예술가로서   있는 최고의 연습  하나는 펜으로종이에 그림을 그리거나 시를 쓰는 것이라고 말하곤 한다그리고 그렇게 만든 결과물을 정말정말정말 자랑스러워하라고 조언한다그런 다음 두어 시간 정도는 결과물을 보관하고이후 백만 조각으로 찢어서 아무에게도 보여주지 말라고한다그러다 보면 비록 남들 눈엔 초라한 결과물일지라도  과정의 작은 제스처가 쌓이고 쌓여 언젠가는 위대한 예술을탄생시킬 진정한 순간을 맞닥뜨릴  있게  테니까.

당신의 본명을 직접적으로 지시해 <My Name is Michael Holbrook>이란 앨범 제목을 지었다. 미카와 마이클 홀브록은 서로 얼마나 같고 얼마나 다른가?

세상에우선 마이클은 주차위반 딱지나 가스 요금전기세 고지서를 받을  보는 이름이다 돈을 내야 하거나 곤경에 처할 때마다 마이클 홀브룩 페니맨이라는 이름을 떠올리는 셈이다(웃음). 반면 미카는 자유를 뜻한다음악이고예술이고퍼포먼스다둘은 DNA 같겠지만 사실 모든 면에서 정반대고 바로  지점이 나에게 해방감을 주는  같다그리고 사실 5집은 어머니가  시간 투병하다 돌아가신  세상에 나온 앨범이다돌이키면 어머니와  함께였다. 7때부터 하루 4~5시간씩 어머니가  트레이닝시켰고, 8 때부터 일하기 시작했으니까적어도 토요타 프레비아를 타고어머니와 유럽 전역을 돌았을 거다어쩌면 어머니는 나에게 음악을가수란 직업을 주신 분이나 다름없다한편 아버지와는  떨어져 지냈고 소원한 관계였다그러자 문득 이런 생각이   같다. ‘좋아요당신은  안에서 무엇인가요?’ 마이클 홀브록 페니맨 주니어로서그에게 묻고 싶었던  같기도 하다어쩌면 5집은 ‘와의 화해라고 불러도 좋을 거다.

4 <No Place In Heaven> 기점으로 당신은 자신을 있는 그대로 드러내고, 더는 그것을 두려워하지 않는다는 인상이 있다. 그렇기에 차기 앨범에서 어떤 새로운 이야기를 들려줄지 기대된다. 지금 준비 중인 앨범에 대한 힌트를 준다면?

글쎄차기 앨범은 ‘빠른 속도(High Velocity)’ 단어로 설명할  있을  같다빠른 속도에 힘입어 노래를 듣는 순간다른 에너지 상태로 진입하게 만드는 것을 염두에 두고 작업 중이다그래서 작업할  너무 많은 생각을 하지 않으려고애쓴다너무 ‘해지려고 하거나라디오 친화적으로도 작업하지 않을 거다그래서인지 요즘 피아노 앞에서 혼자 작업을 많이 한다 순간엔 완전히 ‘’ 자신이 되어 무아지경에 빠져서 모든 즐겁고 행복한 우연이 담긴 곡을   있으니까아마 올해  앨범을 들을  있을 거다.

최근 당신의 인스타그램에서 블랙핑크와 함께 찍은 사진을 보고 반가웠다. 함께 협업해보고 싶은 K 뮤지션이 있나?

사실 10 전에도 K 뮤지션과 함께 작업해보고 싶은 마음이 있었다그때 당시 주변에서 “ 너무 상업적이잖아라며 하도 말려서 “아니근데 정말 재미있잖아?”라고 혼자 생각하고 말았던 기억이 있지만그런데 이제는 인식이 완전히바뀐  같다블랙핑크든 BTS K 슈퍼스타를 향한 세계 각국의 뜨거운 반응이 너무 놀랍다이런 현상은 어디서도  없는  같다비욘세 콘서트에서도 이토록 뜨거운 에너지는  봤으니까음악과는 별개로 시카고의 15 아이파리의 30 어른스웨덴의 할머니까지 동시에 사로잡은 K팝의 요소는 무엇인지 이해하려고 노력 중이다하나 확실한 것은 K 뮤지션만큼 각자 고유의 세계관을 구축하고 제시하는 이들이 드물다는 온라인에서 보고 경험하기에 최적화된시대이지 않나지구 멀리서도 그들이 음악비주얼스토리텔링으로 구현한 세계관을 보고 희열하지 않을 이는 극히 드물 거다.

그래서 함께 작업해보고 싶은 K 뮤지션은?

지금은 그저 구경꾼이 되는 것만으로도 행복하다!(웃음)

당신을 마이크 앞에 서게 만드는 순간들 사이엔 어떤 공통점이 있다고 느껴지나?

없다정말 재미있는  수십수백  마이크를 잡을 때마다 항상 다른 무언가가 나온다는 것이다개인적으로 뮤지션은마지막 공연으로  자신이 기억된다고 생각한다그런데 언제가 마지막 공연이 될지는 아무도 모르지그래서 나에게 마이크를 잡는다는 것은 항상 신성한 일처럼 다가온다비로소 내가 변하고 다른 사람이 되는 순간이기도 하니까그래서가끔 젊은 뮤지션들이 아무렇지도 않게 건들건들 마이크를 쥐면 정말이지 화가 난다. ‘미쳤구나라고 생각한다그럴 때면 그들에게 이렇게 말해주곤 한다. “당신이 지금  물건을 손에    그럴 만한 이유가 있어야 해요당신이 목소리를 실어 사람들에게 자신을 전하기 위해 선택한 물건인 셈이니.”

뮤지션으로서 당신이 고수하는 철칙은 무엇인가?

즐길 그것도 아주 진지하게 즐길 .

머지않아 서울재즈페스티벌 무대에 선다. 페스티벌이 끝나고 서울에서 휴식을 보낼 시간이 주어진다면 무엇을 하고 싶나?

우선 평소 먹고 싶었지만 참아온 한국 음식을 잔뜩 먹을 거다(웃음).  한국 전통 직물을 좋아한다. 20 동안 개인적으로 수집해온  같다서울에  때면 항상 전통 직물을 취급하는 곳을 찾아 비단이며 삼베를  기억이 있다그걸 재료로직접 옷을 만들기도 했다이번에도 직물점에 들르고 시간이 남는다면 글쎄산책하는 것도 좋을  같다예전에 한국을방문한 때가 마침 정월 대보름이었는데 한복을 입고 고궁을 돌아다니는 청소년들의 모습이 정말 인상적이었다마치 회색 도시 속에 피어난 꽃잎 같달까이번에도 산책을 하며  도시를   탐험해보고 싶다.

1685191064.32711.thumb.jpeg.7caf56d26ab1723c355fd89eff6237d3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, flymk33 said:

(이미 지난 기사이지만 이 곳에 게시되지 않은 것 같아 올려봅니다. 번역까지는 못해서..한글로만 올려도 될까요?)

wkorea(2023.05.23.)

서재페 두배 즐기기 위한 사전준비

자유의 다른 , 미카

꼬박 7 만에 미카가 한국을 다시 찾는다. 그사이 미카는 마치 일기장과도 같은, 그의 내밀한 이야기를 담은 음악을 여럿발표했다. 어쩌면  음악들은 미카가 자신과 화해하는 방법이었을지도 모른다. 그로써  솔직하고, 자유로워진 미카는 서울재즈페스티벌 1  무대에 헤드라이너로 서며 우리 앞에 선다.

<W Korea> 서울재즈페스티벌로 7 만에 한국 관객을 다시 만난다. 지난 2020 3 월드투어 ‘Revelation’ 일환으로 한국을 찾을 예정이었지만 코로나19 공연이 취소된  있다. 오랜만의 내한인데 소감이 어떤가

지난 7년이라는  시간 사이 모두가 알다시피 팬데믹이 닥쳤고 공연 문화가 많이 변했다온라인에서 가수와 팬이 유대를 쌓는 것이 제법 흔한 일이 되지 않았나하지만 우리에겐 여전히 차가운 쇼가 아닌가슴을 뜨겁게 만드는 쇼가필요하다고 생각한다더구나 이번 무대는 한국 관객과의 오랜만의 재회이기도 하니 아주아주아주 인터랙티브한 공연으로 꾸릴 예정이다관객들 앞으로 걸어가 음악으로 이런 얘기를 건넬 거다. ‘좋아요우리 대화합시다내가   건지보여줄 테니당신도   건지 보여주세요!’

‘Revelation’ 투어는 2015 4 <No Place In heaven> 이후 무려 4 만에 발매한 5 <My Name is Michael Holbrook> 기념해 진행됐다. 언젠가 당신은 5집에 대해 자신의 고유한 색깔을 잃지 않고 어른으로 성장하는 것을 담은 앨범이라 설명한  있는데, 어떤 의미인가?

우리가 인지하든 못하든 성장하고 나이가 들면서 ‘절제된 어른 역할을 수행해야  것만 같은 압박감에 휩싸이지 않나물론 책임감 있게 성장하는 것도 중요하지만 어릴  가지고 있던 순진무구함을 조금은 허용하고 보호해야 한다고 생각한다누구나 어렸을  자신에게 엄격하거나 자신이  일에 대해 지나치게 평가하려고 하지 않는다이러한 순수함에야말로 마법 같은 힘이 내재되어 있다고 생각한다그래서  항상 예술가로서   있는 최고의 연습  하나는 펜으로종이에 그림을 그리거나 시를 쓰는 것이라고 말하곤 한다그리고 그렇게 만든 결과물을 정말정말정말 자랑스러워하라고 조언한다그런 다음 두어 시간 정도는 결과물을 보관하고이후 백만 조각으로 찢어서 아무에게도 보여주지 말라고한다그러다 보면 비록 남들 눈엔 초라한 결과물일지라도  과정의 작은 제스처가 쌓이고 쌓여 언젠가는 위대한 예술을탄생시킬 진정한 순간을 맞닥뜨릴  있게  테니까.

당신의 본명을 직접적으로 지시해 <My Name is Michael Holbrook>이란 앨범 제목을 지었다. 미카와 마이클 홀브록은 서로 얼마나 같고 얼마나 다른가?

세상에우선 마이클은 주차위반 딱지나 가스 요금전기세 고지서를 받을  보는 이름이다 돈을 내야 하거나 곤경에 처할 때마다 마이클 홀브룩 페니맨이라는 이름을 떠올리는 셈이다(웃음). 반면 미카는 자유를 뜻한다음악이고예술이고퍼포먼스다둘은 DNA 같겠지만 사실 모든 면에서 정반대고 바로  지점이 나에게 해방감을 주는  같다그리고 사실 5집은 어머니가  시간 투병하다 돌아가신  세상에 나온 앨범이다돌이키면 어머니와  함께였다. 7때부터 하루 4~5시간씩 어머니가  트레이닝시켰고, 8 때부터 일하기 시작했으니까적어도 토요타 프레비아를 타고어머니와 유럽 전역을 돌았을 거다어쩌면 어머니는 나에게 음악을가수란 직업을 주신 분이나 다름없다한편 아버지와는  떨어져 지냈고 소원한 관계였다그러자 문득 이런 생각이   같다. ‘좋아요당신은  안에서 무엇인가요?’ 마이클 홀브록 페니맨 주니어로서그에게 묻고 싶었던  같기도 하다어쩌면 5집은 ‘와의 화해라고 불러도 좋을 거다.

4 <No Place In Heaven> 기점으로 당신은 자신을 있는 그대로 드러내고, 더는 그것을 두려워하지 않는다는 인상이 있다. 그렇기에 차기 앨범에서 어떤 새로운 이야기를 들려줄지 기대된다. 지금 준비 중인 앨범에 대한 힌트를 준다면?

글쎄차기 앨범은 ‘빠른 속도(High Velocity)’ 단어로 설명할  있을  같다빠른 속도에 힘입어 노래를 듣는 순간다른 에너지 상태로 진입하게 만드는 것을 염두에 두고 작업 중이다그래서 작업할  너무 많은 생각을 하지 않으려고애쓴다너무 ‘해지려고 하거나라디오 친화적으로도 작업하지 않을 거다그래서인지 요즘 피아노 앞에서 혼자 작업을 많이 한다 순간엔 완전히 ‘’ 자신이 되어 무아지경에 빠져서 모든 즐겁고 행복한 우연이 담긴 곡을   있으니까아마 올해  앨범을 들을  있을 거다.

최근 당신의 인스타그램에서 블랙핑크와 함께 찍은 사진을 보고 반가웠다. 함께 협업해보고 싶은 K 뮤지션이 있나?

사실 10 전에도 K 뮤지션과 함께 작업해보고 싶은 마음이 있었다그때 당시 주변에서 “ 너무 상업적이잖아라며 하도 말려서 “아니근데 정말 재미있잖아?”라고 혼자 생각하고 말았던 기억이 있지만그런데 이제는 인식이 완전히바뀐  같다블랙핑크든 BTS K 슈퍼스타를 향한 세계 각국의 뜨거운 반응이 너무 놀랍다이런 현상은 어디서도  없는  같다비욘세 콘서트에서도 이토록 뜨거운 에너지는  봤으니까음악과는 별개로 시카고의 15 아이파리의 30 어른스웨덴의 할머니까지 동시에 사로잡은 K팝의 요소는 무엇인지 이해하려고 노력 중이다하나 확실한 것은 K 뮤지션만큼 각자 고유의 세계관을 구축하고 제시하는 이들이 드물다는 온라인에서 보고 경험하기에 최적화된시대이지 않나지구 멀리서도 그들이 음악비주얼스토리텔링으로 구현한 세계관을 보고 희열하지 않을 이는 극히 드물 거다.

그래서 함께 작업해보고 싶은 K 뮤지션은?

지금은 그저 구경꾼이 되는 것만으로도 행복하다!(웃음)

당신을 마이크 앞에 서게 만드는 순간들 사이엔 어떤 공통점이 있다고 느껴지나?

없다정말 재미있는  수십수백  마이크를 잡을 때마다 항상 다른 무언가가 나온다는 것이다개인적으로 뮤지션은마지막 공연으로  자신이 기억된다고 생각한다그런데 언제가 마지막 공연이 될지는 아무도 모르지그래서 나에게 마이크를 잡는다는 것은 항상 신성한 일처럼 다가온다비로소 내가 변하고 다른 사람이 되는 순간이기도 하니까그래서가끔 젊은 뮤지션들이 아무렇지도 않게 건들건들 마이크를 쥐면 정말이지 화가 난다. ‘미쳤구나라고 생각한다그럴 때면 그들에게 이렇게 말해주곤 한다. “당신이 지금  물건을 손에    그럴 만한 이유가 있어야 해요당신이 목소리를 실어 사람들에게 자신을 전하기 위해 선택한 물건인 셈이니.”

뮤지션으로서 당신이 고수하는 철칙은 무엇인가?

즐길 그것도 아주 진지하게 즐길 .

머지않아 서울재즈페스티벌 무대에 선다. 페스티벌이 끝나고 서울에서 휴식을 보낼 시간이 주어진다면 무엇을 하고 싶나?

우선 평소 먹고 싶었지만 참아온 한국 음식을 잔뜩 먹을 거다(웃음).  한국 전통 직물을 좋아한다. 20 동안 개인적으로 수집해온  같다서울에  때면 항상 전통 직물을 취급하는 곳을 찾아 비단이며 삼베를  기억이 있다그걸 재료로직접 옷을 만들기도 했다이번에도 직물점에 들르고 시간이 남는다면 글쎄산책하는 것도 좋을  같다예전에 한국을방문한 때가 마침 정월 대보름이었는데 한복을 입고 고궁을 돌아다니는 청소년들의 모습이 정말 인상적이었다마치 회색 도시 속에 피어난 꽃잎 같달까이번에도 산책을 하며  도시를   탐험해보고 싶다.

1685191064.32711.thumb.jpeg.7caf56d26ab1723c355fd89eff6237d3.jpeg

Thanks a lot for posting @flymk33 :pinkbow:

I'm searching Mika's interview in Korea everyday, but can't found out !!!

W Korea

https://www.wkorea.com/2023/05/25/서재페-두배-즐기기-위한-사전준비/

Mika

Another word for freedom, Mika

After 7 years, Mika visits Korea again. In the meantime, Mika released several pieces of music containing his secret stories, like a diary. Perhaps the music was Mika's way of 'reconciling' with himself. As a result, Mika, who has become more honest and free, stands in front of us as a headliner on the first day of the Seoul Jazz Festival.

<W Korea> Meet Korean audiences again after 7 years with the Seoul Jazz Festival. In March 2020, they were scheduled to visit Korea as part of their world tour 'Revelation', but the concert was canceled due to COVID-19. It's been a long time since I've been to Korea, how do you feel?

MIKA In the past 7 years, as everyone knows, a pandemic has struck and the performance culture has changed a lot. Hasn't it become quite common for singers and fans to build a bond online? However, I think we still need a show that warms the heart, not a show that is cold. Moreover, this stage is also a reunion with the Korean audience after a long time, so it will be a very, very, very interactive performance. I will walk in front of the audience and tell them this through music. ‘Okay, let’s talk. I'll show you what I'll do, show me what you'll do too!'

The ‘Revelation’ tour was held in commemoration of the 5th album <My Name is Michael Holbrook>, released 4 years after the 4th album <No Place In Heaven> in 2015. You once described your 5th album as an ‘album that contains the image of growing into an adult without losing your own unique color’. What does that mean?

Whether we realize it or not, as we grow and get older, we feel pressured to play the role of a ‘restrained adult’. Of course, it's important to grow up responsibly, but I think we should allow and protect the innocence we had when we were young. When we are young, no one is strict with himself or overly critical of what he has done. I believe that such innocence is inherent in magical power. So I always say that one of the best exercises you can do as an artist is to draw with a pen on paper or write a poem. And I advise you to be really, really, really proud of the result you made. They then keep the result for a couple of hours, then tear it into a million pieces and tell no one to show it. If you look at it, even if it is a shabby result in the eyes of others, the small gestures of the process will pile up and one day you will be able to face the true moment that will create great art.

A named the album <My Name is Michael Holbrook> by directly indicating your real name. How alike are Mika and Michael Holbrook and how different are they?

Oh my god! First of all, Michael is the name you see when you get a parking ticket, gas or electricity bill. In other words, whenever I have to pay or get into trouble, I think of the name Michael Holbrook Penniman (laughs). On the other hand, Mika means freedom. It's music, it's art, it's performance. The two may have the same DNA, but in fact, they are completely opposite in every way, and this point seems to give me a sense of liberation. And in fact, the 5th album is the album that came out to the world after her mother died after fighting for a long time. When she grew up, she was always with her mother. My mother trained me 4-5 hours a day from the age of 7, and I started working at the age of 8. At least he would have driven all over Europe with his mother in a Toyota Previa. Maybe my mother is the one who gave me music and a job as a singer. On the other hand, she had always been separated from her father and had an estranged relationship. Then, suddenly, I think I had this idea. ‘Okay, what are you in me?’ I think I wanted to ask him as Michael Holbrock Penniman Jr. Maybe the 5th album can be called reconciliation with ‘me’.

Starting from your 4th album <No Place In Heaven>, there is an impression that you reveal yourself as you are and are no longer afraid of it. That's why I'm looking forward to what new stories will be told in the next album. Can you give us a hint about the album you are preparing right now?

Well, I think the next album can be described with the word ‘High Velocity’. I am working with the goal of making people enter a different energy state the moment they hear the song thanks to its high speed. That's why I try not to think too much when I'm working. I'm not going to try to be too 'cool' or work radio-friendly. Maybe that's why I do a lot of work alone in front of the piano these days. Because at that moment, I can completely be myself, fall into a trance, and write a song that contains all the fun and happy coincidences. Maybe at the end of this year, you will be able to hear the new album.

It was nice to see a photo you took with Blackpink on your Instagram recently.

Are there any K-pop musicians you would like to collaborate with?

In fact, even 10 years ago, I had a desire to work with K-pop musicians. At that time, people around me said, “No, it’s too commercial,” and I remember thinking to myself, “No, but isn’t it really fun?” But now it seems that the perception has completely changed. Whether it's Blackpink or BTS, the enthusiastic response from around the world to K-pop superstars is so surprising. I don't think I've seen this phenomenon anywhere. I've never seen such hot energy at a Beyoncé concert. Apart from music, I am trying to understand what elements of K-pop captivated a 15-year-old child in Chicago, a 30-year-old adult in Paris, and a grandmother in Sweden at the same time. One thing is certain: Few K-pop musicians build and present their own worldview as much as K-pop musicians. Isn’t it an era optimized for seeing and experiencing online? There are very few people who would not be delighted to see the worldview they have implemented through music, visuals, and storytelling, even from afar.

So, which K-pop musician would you like to work with?

Right now, I'm just happy to be a spectator! (Laughs)

What do you feel are the commonalities between the moments that bring you to the mic?

does not exist! What's really interesting is that every time I grab the mic dozens or hundreds of times, something different always comes out. Personally, a musician thinks he is remembered for his last performance. But no one knows when the last performance will be. So, holding the mic always feels like a sacred thing to me. Because it is also the moment when I finally change and become a different person. So sometimes I get really angry when young musicians touch the microphone casually. You think, 'You're crazy'. When that happens, I always tell them this. “When you hold that thing in your hands now, there must be a reason for it. It is the object you have chosen to convey yourself to people with your voice.”

What is your rule of thumb as a musician?

Enjoy it, and enjoy it very seriously.

Sooner or later, he will stand on the stage of the Seoul Jazz Festival. If you were given time to rest in Seoul after the festival, what would you like to do?

First of all, I will eat a lot of Korean food that I always wanted to eat but endured (laughs). Also, I like Korean traditional textiles. I think I've personally collected it for 20 years. Whenever I come to Seoul, I always have memories of buying silk and hemp at a place that handles traditional textiles. He even made his own clothes out of it. If you stop by the fabric store again and have time to spare, well, it would be nice to take a walk. The last time I visited Korea was the full moon of the first lunar month, and it was really impressive to see teenagers walking around the palace wearing hanbok. It is like petals blooming in a gray city. I want to take a walk again this time and explore the city a little more.

style_646d69b363b1e-768x960.thumb.jpg.9bffc29eff7415b9d7f4f06261d35279.jpg

• Thanks 2

W Korea

https://www.instagram.com/p/Csto0yVAhcf/

#W서재페

그 어느 때보다도 뜨거웠던 서울재즈페스티벌 2023 첫째날! 4년 전과 같이 이번 서울재즈페스티벌 2023은 ‘MAY FOREST, SPARKLING DOME, PINK AVENUE, SPRING GARDEN’ 이 네 공간에서 무대를 선보입니다. 그만큼 풍성한 라인업을 자랑하죠. 바밍타이거, 폴킴, 저스틴 허위츠 재즈, 크러쉬, 그레고리 포터, 미카 등 각양각색의 프로페셔널한 아티스트들의 하이라이트를 영상으로 만나보세요! @wkorea #editor_손정은

#서울재즈페스티벌2023 #서재페2023 #서재페 #SJF #SeoulJazzFestival #SJF2023 #wkorea

@seouljazzfestival

a part of Mika

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

국민일보 The Kukmin Daily
2023-05-30 04:03

미카·데미안 라이스… 마음껏 음악 즐긴 ‘서재페 2023’

26~28일 올림픽공원 일대서 개최
15주년, 해외 아티스트 총출동
폴킴·악뮤·장기하·빈지노 참여

올해로 15주년을 맞은 서울재즈페스티벌(서재페)이 3일 간의 일정을 마쳤다. 코로나19 팬데믹 기간 축제를 마음껏 누리지 못했던 사람들은 26~28일 서울 송파구 올림픽공원 일대에서 가족, 친구, 연인과 음악을 즐겼다.

서재페는 팬데믹 여파로 중단됐다가 지난해 3년 만에 개최됐다. 기존엔 올림픽공원 내 여러 곳에서 공연이 진행됐지만 지난해는 88잔디마당 한 곳에서만 축제가 열렸다. 올해는 88잔디마당과 88호수 수변무대, SK올림픽핸드볼경기장, 케이스포돔까지 4개의 무대가 마련돼 엔데믹을 실감케 했다.

축제의 막이 오른 26일 올림픽공원은 평일임에도 축제를 찾아 모여든 인파로 오전부터 북적였다. 첫날에만 1만5000여명, 3일 동안 총 5만여명의 관람객이 공연을 관람했다.

어린 아이들과 함께 축제에 참가한 부모들도 눈에 띄었다. 세 자녀와 올림픽공원을 찾은 진형준(42)씨는 “워낙 음악을 좋아해 아내와 함께 아이들에게도 축제를 경험하게 해주고 싶었다”며 “다행히 날씨가 좋아 좋은 나들이가 될 것 같다”고 말했다.

직장인 윤아영(33)씨는 “몇 년만에 제대로 즐길 수 있는 서재페에 온 것 같다. 좋아하는 외국 아티스트가 공연한다고 해서 친구와 함께 회사에 휴가를 내고 왔다”며 “음악과 함께 잔디밭에서 먹고 즐기며 오랜만에 스트레스를 풀고 가겠다”고 말했다. 27~28일 비가 내렸지만 궂은 날씨에도 관객들은 우비를 입고 우산을 쓴 채로 축제를 즐겼다.

미카(26일)를 비롯해 2010년과 2015년 서재페에 참가한 세르지오 멘데스(27일), 데미안 라이스(28일)가 올해 페스티벌의 헤드라이너였다.

미카는 “7년 만에 한국 팬들을 만나게 됐다. 지난 2020년 팬데믹으로 취소된 첫 공연이 한국 공연이었는데 정말 많이 미안했다”며 “공연을 즐기는 여러분의 모습은 팬데믹 전보다 더욱 멋져보인다. 오늘 무대 오르기 전에 17살 소년이 된 것처럼 긴장되고 가슴이 뛰었다”는 소회를 밝혔다.

미카는 ‘해피 엔딩’ ‘롤리팝’ ‘빅 걸(유 아 뷰티풀)’ ‘러브 투데이’ ‘오리진 오브 러브’ ‘요 요’ ‘투모로우’ 등 자신의 대표곡을 관객들과 함께 떼창했다. 무대 위에서 공연을 펼치다가 열광하는 관객들 속으로 여러 차례 뛰어들며 축제의 분위기를 달궜다.

골든 글로브와 그래미에서 영화 주제가상, 음악상을 휩쓴 음악감독 저스틴 허위츠는 국내의 실력있는 연주자들과 함께 밴드를 구성했다. 저스틴 허위츠는 자신이 만든 영화 ‘위플래시’ ‘라라랜드’ ‘바빌론’ 등의 주요 테마곡을 연주해 관객들의 환호를 이끌어냈다.

그밖에도 그레고리 포터, 로버트 글래스퍼, 크리스 보티, 시그리드, 크리스토퍼 등의 해외 아티스트들이 올해 페스티벌에 참여했다. 폴킴 크러쉬 악뮤 정승환 이진아 에픽하이 장기하 빈지노 등 국내 가수들도 서재페와 함께 했다. 피아니스트 송영주의 송영주 콰르텟, 목관악기 연주자 박기훈의 박기훈 퀸텟도 재즈 무대를 꾸몄다.

Mika Damian Rice... ‘Seol Jazz Festival 2023’ where you can enjoy music to your heart’s content

Held throughout the Olympic Park on the 26th and 28th

15th anniversary, overseas artists all out
Participated in Paul Kim, Akmu, Jang Kiha, and Beenzino

The Seoul Jazz Festival (Seo Jae-Pe), which celebrated its 15th anniversary this year, has completed its three-day schedule. People who could not fully enjoy the festival during the Corona 19 pandemic enjoyed music with family, friends, and lovers in the Olympic Park area in Songpa-gu, Seoul on the 26th and 28th.

Seo Jae-Pe was suspended in the aftermath of the pandemic, but was held last year for the first time in three years. In the past, performances were held in several places in the Olympic Park, but last year, the festival was held only in one place, the 88 Lawn Yard. This year, four stages were prepared, including the 88 Lawn Yard, Lake 88 Waterside Stage, SK Olympic Handball Stadium, and Case Po Dome, realizing the endemic.

On the 26th, when the festival started, the Olympic Park was crowded from the morning with crowds of people looking for the festival, even though it was a weekday. About 15,000 people watched the performance on the first day alone, and a total of 50,000 people over the three days.

Parents who participated in the festival with their young children also stood out. Jin Hyung-joon (42), who visited the Olympic Park with his three children, said, "I love music so much that I wanted to let my wife and children experience the festival."

Yoon Ah-yeong (33), an office worker, said, “It seems like I came to Seojae Pe, where I can enjoy it properly after a few years. I heard that my favorite foreign artist was performing, so my friend and I took a vacation from the company.” It rained on the 27th and 28th, but despite the inclement weather, the audience enjoyed the festival wearing raincoats and umbrellas.

Sergio Mendes (27th) and Damian Rice (28th), who participated in Seo Jae Fe in 2010 and 2015, along with Mika (26th), were the headliners of this year's festival.

Mika said, "It's been 7 years since I met Korean fans. The first performance canceled due to the pandemic in 2020 was a Korean performance, and I am very sorry.” Before going on stage today, I felt nervous and my heart raced like a 17-year-old boy.”

Mika sang his signature songs, including his 'Happy Ending', 'Lollipop', 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)', 'Love Today', 'Origin of Love', 'Yo Yo' and 'Tomorrow' with her audience. . While performing on stage, she jumped several times into the enthusiastic audience, warming up the atmosphere of the festival.

Music director Justin Hurwitz, who swept the Golden Globe and Grammy awards for film theme song and music, formed a band with talented musicians in Korea. Justin Hurwitz drew cheers from the audience by playing major theme songs from his films such as “Whiplash,” “La La Land,” and “Babylon.”

In addition, foreign artists such as Gregory Porter, Robert Glasper, Chris Botti, Sigrid, and Christopher participated in this year's festival. Korean singers such as Paul Kim Crush, Akmu, Jung Seung-hwan, Lee Jin-ah, Epik High Jang Ki-ha, and Beenzino also joined Seo Jae-pee. Youngju Song’s Quartet with pianist Youngjoo Song and Kihoon Park’s Quintet with woodwind player Kihoon Park also performed on the jazz stage.

2023052921020542414_1685361725_0924304469.jpg.b6d86fdd4256d9f7003cea9c0a3d205f.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1