Mika's new single C'est La Vie, Sept 1st, 2023! / French promo & album news

mellody

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Le Parisien

https://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/jai-fait-une-chanson-sur-jane-birkin-mika-prepare-un-album-en-francais-02-09-2023

Le 2 septembre 2023 à 07h45

« J’ai fait une chanson sur Jane Birkin » : Mika prépare un album en français

Mika a sorti ce 1er septembre « C’est la vie », un single pop, quelques semaines avant la sortie d’un 6e album 100 % en français. L’un de ses titres rend hommage à la chanteuse britannico-française disparue le 16 juillet.

Mika sort ce vendredi le premier single de son nouvel album, attendu avant Noël. « C’est la vie » effleure la mort sur un rythme pop. Nous avons rencontré l’artiste à l’hôtel Crillon, en pleine promotion, et avons pu écouter en exclusivité quelques extraits de son 6e opus, le premier chanté intégralement en Français.

74EZWMOTZJDALA4I556KYHSPM4.thumb.jpg.237ee858a67909052b162e3df00eb91e.jpg

Mika, ici ce jeudi 31 août à Paris, et qui vit entre Londres, les Pouilles et Miami, dévoile à travers un premier single un peu de son nouvel album, entièrement en français. LP/Frédéric Dugit

20230902_135120.jpg

20230902_135123.jpg

20230902_135127.jpg

20230902_135131.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

About the tour he sais that it will be extremely "strong" and interesting. It will be a ball.

I wonder if he will make big venues, since he talked about a "ball", I see that in more intimate, little venues, maybe with a center stage or something... I would love that, but I'm probably totally wrong. :lol3:Answer in a few days, anyway... 

That said, all those interviews makes me questionning more than something else. :lol3: There's songs I'm really curious to hear, like Passager. 

I really love what he says about his concerts : "all outsiders feels at home", because that's exactly how I feel it : a safe-place where I can be myself without worrying about others, free to have fun, feeling strangely connected with all the other people... 

And I find that really cool the tour will not be only in France, I hope there will be dates everywhere in the world for all the fans, and it would be great to see people enjoying themselves on french songs everywhere !

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

I wonder if he will make big venues, since he talked about a "ball", I see that in more intimate, little venues, maybe with a center stage or something... I would love that, but I'm probably totally wrong. :lol3:Answer in a few days, anyway... 

That said, all those interviews makes me questionning more than something else. :lol3: There's songs I'm really curious to hear, like Passager. 

I really love what he says about his concerts : "all outsiders feels at home", because that's exactly how I feel it : a safe-place where I can be myself without worrying about others, free to have fun, feeling strangely connected with all the other people... 

And I find that really cool the tour will not be only in France, I hope there will be dates everywhere in the world for all the fans, and it would be great to see people enjoying themselves on french songs everywhere !

I am more and more convinced about the stage in the center of the audience. Seems like Mika was testing it during this summer. Almost everywhere - or rather - everywhere he was leaving the stage to sing in the crowd. Especially in the mountain in Tarvisio. But even in Cattolica, Perugia, Spa - he spent a lot of time with people.

So yes, the question is if he will choose smaller venues (that I love) or big ones - as he mentioned Zenith venues in France - but it was some time ago (in the spring this year? ) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Another interview for Hot West.

Short and including the song.

About the tour he sais that it will be extremely "strong" and interesting. It will be a ball.

Be ready for the pre-sale.

https://hitwest.ouest-france.fr/mika-presente-son-nouveau-single-c-est-la-vie-sur-hit-west-01-09-23

Thanks a lot @Anna Ko Kolkowska

HIT WEST

https://hitwest.ouest-france.fr/musique-mika-presente-son-nouveau-single-ce-soir-dans-backstage

MIKA PRÉSENTE SON NOUVEAU SINGLE "C'EST LA VIE" SUR HIT WEST (01/09/23)

Mika est en interview avec Lucas dans "Backstage" sur Hit West. L'artiste franco-libanais revient ce vendredi 1er septembre avec un nouveau single intitulé "C’est la vie", "une chanson libératrice, une chanson de résistance.

Un hymne à l’amour, aux révolutions intimes qui font toujours de nous malgré le temps qui passe des êtres en devenir."

Le single est issu du prochain album de Mika, qui sera un album 100% en français ou "francophone", et que vous trouverez dans les bacs à l'automne. Un opus "à travers lequel il explore une part inédite de son intimité et honore ses identités multiples."

Le titre "C’est la vie" est un écho à son titre "Elle me dit",

"le manifeste d’un homme qui se réveille un matin et dit enfin JE, enfin MOI, plus riche de son passé, prêt à embrasser le futur."

Mika, s'est notamment fait connaître avec l'album "Life in Cartoon Motion", certifié disque de diamant en France avec plus de 1 400 000 exemplaires écoulés.

(diffusion le vendredi 1er septembre à 19h30 dans "Backstage" sur Hit West)

:uk: Google translator

MIKA PRESENTS HER NEW SINGLE “C’EST LA VIE” ON HIT WEST (01/09/23)

Mika is in an interview with Lucas in “Backstage” on Hit West. The Franco-Lebanese artist returns this Friday, September 1 with a new single entitled “C’est la vie”, “a liberating song, a song of resistance.

A hymn to love, to the intimate revolutions which still make us, despite the passage of time, beings in the making."

The single is from Mika's next album, which will be a 100% French or "francophone" album, and which you will find in stores in the fall. An opus “through which he explores a new part of his intimacy and honors his multiple identities.”

The title “C’est la vie” is an echo of his title “She tells me”,

"the manifesto of a man who wakes up one morning and finally says I, finally ME, richer in his past, ready to embrace the future."

Mika, became known in particular with the album "Life in Cartoon Motion", certified diamond disc in France with more than 1,400,000 copies sold.

(broadcast on Friday September 1 at 7:30 p.m. in “Backstage” on Hit West)

AUDIO VIDEO

Snapinsta.app_373087399_859211322670669_1636725078982014479_n_1080.thumb.jpg.4b6aef78ddb435e6d2bf9876c33fbacf.jpg

Mika_jpg1693573157168.thumb.webp.705e3bae6f0dd4351a93d0b20c16b7a5.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thanks for that. This makes it better….because there is actually no sadness in what he is expressing, but, rather, a freedom, a celebration of himself and his ownership of his life. Once a long time ago I got a vanity license plate that said ma turn ( my turn was taken)….yeah, his turn. Finally! Yay!!

In the US there is a young football player named Damar Hamlin who almost died after having a heart attack on the field. He was recently on a tv show wearing a hoodie with a lot of slogans on it, one of which was “you turned me down and now I'm a superstar”! Oh how I wish I could get one of those to Mika!

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 3:27 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika on 16/20 radio RFM

Look at his shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horses?

And Mika is quoting first lines of the song "Me, Andy et Paris"

https://www.facebook.com/RFMradio/videos/6890468797671194/

part 2

https://www.facebook.com/RFMradio/videos/2217102701820275

Mika wore the shirt at ODP in June, 2023.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

20230902_135120.jpg

20230902_135123.jpg

20230902_135127.jpg

20230902_135131.jpg

Thanks a lot @Anna Ko Kolkowska

Le Parisien

https://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/jai-fait-une-chanson-sur-jane-birkin-mika-prepare-un-album-en-francais-02-09-2023

Le 2 septembre 2023 à 07h45

« J’ai fait une chanson sur Jane Birkin » : Mika prépare un album en français

Mika a sorti ce 1er septembre « C’est la vie », un single pop, quelques semaines avant la sortie d’un 6e album 100 % en français. L’un de ses titres rend hommage à la chanteuse britannico-française disparue le 16 juillet.

Mika sort ce vendredi le premier single de son nouvel album, attendu avant Noël. « C’est la vie » effleure la mort sur un rythme pop. Nous avons rencontré l’artiste à l’hôtel Crillon, en pleine promotion, et avons pu écouter en exclusivité quelques extraits de son 6e opus, le premier chanté intégralement en Français.

Pourquoi un album 100 % en Français ?

MIKA. La France représente une partie importante de ma carrière. J'ai construit un lien avec mon public au fil de mes concerts. C'est un pays où je me suis toujours senti moi-même, j'y ai passé les huit premières années de ma vie. L'écriture de cet album m'a libéré. Je me suis fait plaisir sans craindre les conséquences de mes chansons. En me disant, on verra bien comment il sera accueilli. J'ai travaillé pendant deux ans et demi avec trois musiciens et deux auteurs, tous Français. Je me suis isolé pour écrire. Je prépare en parallèle un autre album, en anglais, qui sortira plus tard. Je voulais que celui en français soit le premier.

Quelle tonalité allez vous lui donner?

Je veux qu'on entre dans une « safe place » colorée. Un endroit où l'on se sent en sécurité, dans une musique pop, une ambiance à la fois sexe et pleine de candeur. J'ai voulu un album sans honte, assumé, joyeux et romantique. Ce sera très mélodique. Je me suis senti libéré après l'avoir écrit. Décomplexé. Même si certaines paroles vous semblent tristes, c'est une tristesse délicieuse. Comme « C'est la vie », qui parle de mort, de couronne de fleurs, dans une candeur joyeuse et décalée. Ma mère (disparue en 2021) m'avait dessiné avec des fleurs sur la tête. Je lui rends aussi hommage à travers ce titre.

Vous consacrez aussi un titre à Jane Birkin. « Je rêve d'un amour à la Birkin, j'ose pas sortir de la piscine, tous ces regards qui m'assassinent. » Vous lui portiez une si grande admiration ?

Birkin était une icône de la sensualité, elle incarnait l'élégance sans effort, la candeur sans aucune vulgarité. Elle avait en plus le même accent que ma mère (rires). Son décès m'a attristé. C'est comme une bougie qui s'éteint. Dans ce titre, je me confronte à la nudité, je défends un amour libéré, sans honte. Un amour à la Birkin est un amour sensuel, poétique, sans honte. Ce sont aussi les ingrédients de cet album.

Dans << Passager », vous écrivez « J'ai pas ma place, partout où je vais je passe sans rester, je suis un vagabond ». Comme si vous étiez toujours en quête de légitimité.

Oui, bien sûr ! J'écris tout le temps pour creuser ma légitimité. J'ai vécu partout, je ne sais pas d'où je viens vraiment, mon identité change constamment, selon mes projets. J'ai eu une vie de cirque, comme dans une caravane en voyage. Je dois transformer cette faiblesse en force. Dans mes concerts, tous les outsiders se sentent comme à la maison. Aujourd'hui, je suis le plus souvent à Miami, je vis aussi à Londres et en Italie. J'ai ouvert juste avant l'été un atelier dans les Pouilles, où je crée avec des plasticiens, des couturiers, un sculpteur et des artisans. Nous fabriquons les costumes de mes shows, les décors. Je dessine tout. J'ai créé une énorme installation, mais je n'en dis pas plus, ce sera une surprise. J'avais besoin d'un lieu comme ça, qui conforte mon idée que les choses ne doivent pas être parfaites, lisses et standardisées.

Vous avez été harcelé à 8 ans à Londres par une enseignante française, puis par des élèves qui vous jetaient des cailloux. Le succès a-t-il réparé cette blessure?

Oui, c'était en primaire au lycée Charles-de-Gaulle. Elle me punissait sur une chaise, je n'avais pas le droit d'aller aux toilettes, je faisais pipi sur ma chaise. J'avais 7 ans et demi. Le harcèlement a été une perte de temps dans ma vie. J'en parle, mais bon... (il baisse les yeux et éteint une seconde son sourire). Ma mère m'a retiré de l'école parce que je ne parlais plus. Sur scène, je suis un autre personnage, libéré. Si vous me demandez de chanter dans une soirée, je ne le fais pas ! Je suis discret, je fais papier peint ! (rires) Le succès donne la possibilité d'aller mieux, mais c'est aussi un piège. Ce moteur poussé sans cesse en avant peut nous brûler.

:uk: Google translator

“I made a song about Jane Birkin”: Mika is preparing an album in French

Mika released “C’est la vie”, a pop single, on September 1, a few weeks before the release of a 6th album 100% in French. One of its titles pays tribute to the British-French singer who died on July 16.

Mika is releasing the first single from his new album this Friday, expected before Christmas. “C’est la vie” touches on death on a pop rhythm. We met the artist at the Crillon hotel, in the midst of promotion, and were able to listen exclusively to some extracts from his 6th opus, the first sung entirely in French.

𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐛𝐮𝐦 𝟏𝟎𝟎% 𝐢𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡?

MIKA. France represents an important part of my career. I built a bond with my audience throughout my concerts. It's a country where I've always felt like myself, I spent the first eight years of my life there. Writing this album freed me. I had fun without fearing the consequences of my songs. By telling me, we will see how it will be received. I worked for two and a half years with three musicians and two authors, all French. I isolated myself to write. At the same time, I am preparing another album, in English, which will be released later. I wanted the French one to be first.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭?

I want us to enter a colorful “safe place”. A place where you feel safe, with pop music, an atmosphere that is both sexual and full of candor. I wanted an album without shame, assumed, joyful and romantic. It will be very melodic. I felt liberated after writing it. Uninhibited. Even if some of the words seem sad to you, it's a delicious sadness. Like “C’est la vie”, which speaks of death, of crowns of flowers, in a joyful and offbeat candor. My mother (who died in 2021) drew me with flowers on my head. I also pay tribute to her through this title.

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧. “𝐈 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧, 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞. » 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫?

Birkin was an icon of sensuality, she embodied effortless elegance, candor without any vulgarity. She also had the same accent as my mother (laughs). Her death saddened me.

It's like a candle going out. In this title, I confront nudity, I defend a liberated love, without shame. A love à la Birkin is a sensual, poetic, shameless love. These are also the ingredients of this album.

𝐈𝐧 "𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫", 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 "𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐠𝐨 𝐈 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝". 𝐀𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐲.

Yes of course ! I write all the time to increase my legitimacy. I've lived everywhere, I don't know where I really come from, my identity is constantly changing, depending on my plans. I had a circus life, like in a traveling caravan. I must turn this weakness into strength. In my concerts, all the outsiders feel at home. Today, I am most often in Miami, I also live in London and Italy. Just before the summer, I opened a workshop in Puglia, where I create with visual artists, couturiers, a sculptor and craftsmen. We make the costumes for my shows, the sets. I draw everything. I created a huge installation, but I won't say more, it will be a surprise. I needed a place like that, which reinforces my idea that things don't have to be perfect, smooth and standardized.

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝟖 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝?

Yes, it was in primary school at Charles-de-Gaulle high school. She punished me on a chair, I wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom, I peed on my chair. I was 7 and a half years old. Bullying has been a waste of time in my life. I'm talking about it, but hey... (he looks down and extinguishes his smile for a second). My mother took me out of school because I no longer spoke. On stage, I am another character, liberated. If you ask me to sing at a party, I don't do it! I'm discreet, I make wallpaper! (laughs) Success gives the possibility of getting better, but it is also a trap. This engine constantly pushed forward can burn us.

74EZWMOTZJDALA4I556KYHSPM4.thumb.jpg.237

• Like 2

Le Parisien - 3 Septembre 2023

page - 30

« J’ai fait une chanson sur Jane Birkin »

Mika a sorti vendredi « C’est la vie », un single pop, quelques semaines avant un 6e album tout en français. L’un de ses titres rend hommage à la chanteuse britannico-française disparue le 16 juillet.

MIKA SORT CE VENDREDI

le premier single de son nouvel album, attendu avant Noël. « C’est la vie » effleure la mort sur un rythme pop. Nous avons rencontré l’artiste à l’hôtel Crillon (Paris, VIIIe ), en pleine promotion, et avons pu écouter en exclusivité des extraits de son 6e opus, le premier chanté tout en français.

Pourquoi un album 100 % en Français ?

MIKA. La France représente une partie importante de ma carrière. J’ai construit un lien avec mon public au fil de mes concerts. C’est un pays où je me suis toujours senti moimême, j’y ai passé les huit premières années de ma vie. L’écriture de cet album m’a libéré. Je me suis fait plaisir sans craindre les conséquences de mes chansons. En me disant, on verra bien comment il sera accueilli. J’ai travaillé pendant deux ans et demi avec trois musiciens et deux auteurs, tous français. Je me suis isolé pour écrire. Je prépare en parallèle un autre album, en anglais cette fois, qui sortira plus tard. Je voulais que celui en français soit le premier.

Quelle tonalité allez-vous lui donner ?

Je veux qu’on entre dans une « safe place » colorée. Un endroit où l’on se sent en sécurité, dans une musique pop, une ambiance à la fois sexe et pleine de candeur. J’ai voulu un album sans honte, assumé, joyeux et romantique. Je me suis senti libéré après l’avoir écrit. Décomplexé. Même si certaines paroles vous semblent tristes, c’est une tristesse délicieuse. Comme « C’est la vie », qui parle de mort, de couronne de fleurs, dans une candeur joyeuse et décalée. Ma mère (disparue en 2021) m’avait dessiné avec des fleurs sur la tête. Je lui rends aussi hommage à travers ce titre.

Vous consacrez un titre à Jane Birkin, écrit avant son décès. Vous lui portiez une si grande admiration ?

Birkin était une icône de la sensualité, elle incarnait l’élégance sans effort, la candeur sans vulgarité. Elle avait en plus le même accent que ma mère (rires). Son décès m’a attristé. Dans ce titre, je me confronte à la nudité, je défends un amour libéré, sans honte. Un amour à la Birkin est un amour sensuel, poétique, sans honte. Ce sont aussi les ingrédients de cet album.

Dans « Passager », vous écrivez : « J’ai pas ma place, partout où je vais je passe sans rester, je suis un vagabond ». Comme si vous étiez toujours en quête de légitimité.

Oui, bien sûr ! J’écris tout le temps pour creuser ma légitimité. J’ai vécu partout, je ne sais pas d’où je viens, mon identité change constamment, selon mes projets. J’ai eu une vie de cirque. Je dois transformer cela en force. Dans mes concerts, les outsiders se sentent à la maison. Aujourd’hui, je suis le plus souvent à Miami, je vis aussi à Londres et en Italie. J’ai ouvert un atelier dans les Pouilles, où je crée les costumes de mes shows, les décors, avec des plasticiens, des couturiers, un sculpteur et des artisans. Je dessine tout. J’ai créé une énorme installation, mais ce sera une surprise. J’avais besoin d’un lieu comme ça, qui conforte mon idée que les choses ne doivent pas être parfaites, lisses et standardisées.

Vous avez été harcelé à 8 ans à Londres (Royaume-Uni) par une enseignante française, puis par des élèves qui vous jetaient des cailloux. Le succès a-t-il réparé cette blessure ?

Oui, c’était en primaire au lycée Charles-de-Gaulle. Elle me punissait sur une chaise, je n’avais pas le droit d’aller aux toilettes, je faisais pipi sur ma chaise. J’avais 7 ans et demi. Le harcèlement a été une perte de temps dans ma vie. J’en parle, mais bon… (il baisse les yeux et éteint une seconde son sourire). Ma mère m’a retiré de l’école parce que je ne parlais plus. Sur scène, je suis un autre personnage, libéré. Si vous me demandez de chanter dans une soirée, je ne le fais pas ! Je suis discret, je fais papier peint ! (rires) Le succès donne la possibilité d’aller mieux, mais c’est aussi un piège. Ce moteur poussé sans cesse en avant peut nous brûler.

Le_Parisien_-_3_Septembre_2023-1_page-0001.thumb.jpg.8020c65eacd95356fa0cea7873e1f44d.jpg

LP/FRÉDÉRIC DUGIT

Paris (VIIIe ), jeudi. Pour réaliser cet album 100 % francophone, Mika a travaillé pendant deux ans et demi avec trois musiciens et deux auteurs, tous français.

2023_09.03_Le_Parisien_3_Septembre_2023_p_30.thumb.jpg.835a1e850c04765ec40fe61b51712421.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Link to  download 

17 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Another interview for Hot West.

Short and including the song.

Be ready for the pre-sale.

https://hitwest.ouest-france.fr/mika-presente-son-nouveau-single-c-est-la-vie-sur-hit-west-01-09-23

Link to download the audio  https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_1db17c9a9c714ce39f508d240f11d920/octopus-bucket/d0012712-6038-448c-8df1-3fff0e50e335/c288371e-3ffc-46d0-b326-d1204084a111.mp3

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Ohh could you type them out please? :)

Ca commence la dispute

les mots durs les mots bruts

bouchez-vous les oreilles

cars le monstre se reveille

je m'en vais

je reviendrai plus tard

je reviendrai vous voir

mais vous, il vous aime pas

donc il est jaloux

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ca commence la dispute

les mots durs les mots bruts

bouchez-vous les oreilles

cars le monstre se reveille

je m'en vais

je reviendrai plus tard

je reviendrai vous voir

mais vous, il vous aime pas

donc il est jaloux

It starts the fight

harsh words rough words

cover your ears

because the monster wakes up

I am leaving

I will come back later

I will come back to see you

but you, he doesn't like you

so he is jealous

Oh my goodness that's harsh. I can see why Andy wasn't too happy!

I wonder if "il vous aime pas" refers to his fans?? Because if it's supposed to personify France wouldn't it be "toi"? Or would you use the polite form if you personified a country in a song? :D

42 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

It starts the fight

harsh words rough words

cover your ears

because the monster wakes up

I am leaving

I will come back later

I will come back to see you

but you, he doesn't like you

so he is jealous

Oh my goodness that's harsh. I can see why Andy wasn't too happy!

I wonder if "il vous aime pas" refers to his fans?? Because if it's supposed to personify France wouldn't it be "toi"? Or would you use the polite form if you personified a country in a song? :D

How could you even think about it???

Mika mentioned before that Andy doesn't like Paris, because his French is very poor and he doesn't understand everything when Mika meets his friends and they speak French. So becomes jealous

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

How could you even think about it???

Mika mentioned before that Andy doesn't like Paris, because his French is very poor and he doesn't understand everything when Mika meets his friends and they speak French. So becomes jealous

Sorry I didn't mean this in a mean-spirited way but I can see how it came across that way!!

Anyway, that's probably a discussion to have on the song thread when the song is out.

40 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Sorry I didn't mean this in a mean-spirited way but I can see how it came across that way!!

Anyway, that's probably a discussion to have on the song thread when the song is out.

I am sure it is a funny song and Andy approved it. Mika wouldn't release anything to hurt him.

Maybe at the end he sings "but I love you more than Paris" 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe languages is not Andy's forté, everyone has their strengths. Given the length of time they've been together and how prevalent it is in Mika's life, I imagine he would have tried to learn it, but if he found it difficult, the anger would be borne out of his personal frustration. 

• Like 3

On 9/2/2023 at 12:30 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Germany? :das:

I guess it's more likely that hell freezes over. But I'd be happy with a few dates in Italy & UK. :dunno_grin:

4 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Because if it's supposed to personify France wouldn't it be "toi"? Or would you use the polite form if you personified a country in a song? :D

I think it might refer to Paris, because of the song title. 

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am sure it is a funny song and Andy approved it. Mika wouldn't release anything to hurt him.

Maybe at the end he sings "but I love you more than Paris" 😜

I hope you're right, because those few lines do sound quite mean. However, it's a song in French, from the French album, so I doubt he'd say "I love you more than Paris". But I guess he might in some way make it a complinsulto, it's his specialty! :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Forse le lingue non sono il punto di forza di Andy, ognuno ha i suoi punti di forza. Dato il tempo che stanno insieme e quanto sia prevalente nella vita di Mika, immagino che avrebbe cercato di impararlo, ma se lo avesse trovato difficile, la rabbia sarebbe nata dalla sua frustrazione personale. 

Someone told me that he knows Italian quite well, perhaps because he lives in Tuscany and needs to speak it.

• Like 3