Mika's Instagram Q&A about the new French single & album, 7 September 2023

mellody

I asked about inspiration. What's the one main thing that inspired him to start writing songs in French?

I know there's bound to be more than one piece of inspiration, but I'm just curious to know if there was one thing in particular. Mika has already talked about his Mother and family but inspiration can come from anything and anywhere, I'd love to know if something really random inspired a song. Maybe seeing someone slip on a banana skin inspired Sweet Banana? :teehee:

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, mellody said:

Mika is asking in his Instagram stories to send him questions, some of which he will answer tomorrow!

https://instagram.com/stories/mikainstagram/3185979780438814577?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Screenshot_20230906_185803_Instagram.jpg

Feel free to discuss your questions and his answers in this thread. :)

Thank you Karin  :flowers2::huglove:

I asked him if it is harder for him to sing in French as in English, cause I mentioned an interview in which he was saying that he is dreaming in English and so I was wondering if the lyrics had come into his mind in English and he started trying to write them down in French 🤷‍♂️✌️

• Like 4

I felt bold and asked another question!

I wanted to know if he ever writes down simple song notes, forgets about them, finds them again and then turns it into something more meaningful for a song. 

• Like 5

Oh gosh, what did I ask him? Don't think I can remember all of them now! Err... 

- What was his inspiration and intention behind his new logo and colour scheme? 

- Did he enjoy the experience of writing an album in French? Would he like to do it again? 

- How did he choose which songs would be on the album? What was his artistic direction?

- How did writing the French album differ to writing in English or Italian? Does performing in French offer him a different perspective? 

- Where will he tour for this album? Will he return to the UK? 

- Does "Sweetie Banana" mean what we think it means? :teehee:

Can't wait for tomorrow! Hope everyone gets something answered. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh gosh, what did I ask him? Don't think I can remember all of them now! Err... 

- What was his inspiration and intention behind his new logo and colour scheme? 

- Did he enjoy the experience of writing an album in French? Would he like to do it again? 

- How did he choose which songs would be on the album? What was his artistic direction?

- How did writing the French album differ to writing in English or Italian? Does performing in French offer him a different perspective? 

- Where will he tour for this album? Will he return to the UK? 

Can't wait for tomorrow! Hope everyone gets something answered. 

My question was similar to one of yours  :original: :

How does the process of writing a song in French differ from how he writes in English?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hero said:

:lmfao:

I've also asked him about the new logo, about whether he can already tell us anything about the album artwork, and which song on the album he found the hardest to write and why. And I asked whether he'll sing C'est la Vie in Madrid. Don't think he'll reply to that, but I'd love to know, as I have an idea for a fanaction. :lol3: :dunno_grin:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

I asked what his favourite song on the new album is :)

I think he answered in a recent interview that his favourite one it's Passager... but he could change his mind every day, as usual :original:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hero said:

Is it a live? Or is he posting a reel? 

Live, reel, or individual stories? We'll see...

40 minutes ago, krysady said:

I think he answered in a recent interview that his favourite one it's Passager... but he could change his mind every day, as usual :original:

Yes, that was in the Q&A for the French fans. So even if he hasn't changed his mind, he can answer this time in English why it's his fave - and maybe have a bit more time to reply. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Before I went to bed I popped in another question!

Will he ever release or perform an acoustic version of C'est la Vie?

I hope he answers and I hope he answers YES! 😁

I asked him the same question 😉

I hope i'll release a full video of him on c'est la vie with Just a piano and his voice ❤️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I sent 2 more questions - which song of the album was the most fun for him to write & why, and what question he'd like to be asked about the album & his reply to that. :naughty:

I like your second question, it's cleaver ☺️

I asked him also which song of the album was the most difficult to write or sing & why. 

😂

• Like 2