2024 - Mika @ The Piano Final Concert - recording at Aviva Studios, Manchester, 21st April.

TinyLove_CJ

The final concert of the hit Channel 4 TV series The Piano is coming to Aviva Studios in Manchester. A unique one night only celebration of the nation’s favourite instrument, hosted by Claudia Winkleman and curated by the greatest living classical pianist, Lang Lang, and pop global superstar Mika. 

Mika and Lang Lang will perform alongside an extraordinary group of amateur pianists, taking them from street pianos in train stations around the UK to the biggest performance of their lives on the Aviva Studios stage.  

Some tickets are still available here but they are going fast!

https://factoryinternational.org/whats-on/the-piano/29291/

You can RSVP here:

• Like 4

Details:

4pm - Pre-show entertainment from 'Legacy Street Pianos', this is NOT on the studio stage and will be in and around the venue, likely the 'Social' area.

5pm - Studio doors open

6pm - Recording starts! 

Recording will take place in The Hall with a capacity of 1,500 people. You are not allowed to take photos or videos during this event and by attending the concert you agree NOT to share any information about it until after the TV air date!

Bags will be checked on arrival and should be no larger than an A4 sheet of paper.

I couldn't find any information regarding bringing your own food and drink but I doubt it would be allowed, especially when the venue has it's own bars. However you can bring a bottle of water if you need to take medication.

I also couldn't find anything about the duration but I would imagine the concert will be anywhere between 1hr - 1hr 30 mins.

I didn't go to the first Piano concert, what was it like for all of you that did? 

Did anyone come on stage first to explain things? And how do they do the ad breaks? I'm guessing Claudia would say "Time for a quick break" but they actually carry on filming?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Did anyone come on stage first to explain things? And how do they do the ad breaks? I'm guessing Claudia would say "Time for a quick break" but they actually carry on filming?

I'm not sure if there was a break. I stayed on my seat in any case.

32 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I also couldn't find anything about the duration but I would imagine the concert will be anywhere between 1hr - 1hr 30 mins.

I didn't go to the first Piano concert, what was it like for all of you that did? 

Yes, I guess it was about that, I don't think it was much longer than on TV.

34 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I couldn't find any information regarding bringing your own food and drink but I doubt it would be allowed, especially when the venue has it's own bars. However you can bring a bottle of water if you need to take medication.

In London there was a small café in the building, and as far as I know nothing was allowed to be brought into the hall itself to drink or eat.

35 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You are not allowed to take photos or videos during this event and buy attending the concert you agree NOT to share any information about it until after the TV air date!

You didn't have to hand in your mobile phone in London. However, security checked that you didn't take any photos or videos (fortunately, most people didn't try to do it).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Details:

4pm - Pre-show entertainment from 'Legacy Street Pianos', this is NOT on the studio stage and will be in and around the venue, likely the 'Social' area.

5pm - Studio doors open

6pm - Recording starts! 

Recording will take place in The Hall with a capacity of 1,500 people. You are not allowed to take photos or videos during this event and buy attending the concert you agree NOT to share any information about it until after the TV air date!

Bags will be checked on arrival and should be no larger than an A4 sheet of paper.

Running time is 90 minutes so we can consider that it will end around 8pm.

There was a short intro before the recording started.

If I recall there was a "quick break".

But of course this time it can be different.

In general the atmosphere was very cool - no rush.

We could keep our mobiles but we were not allowed to film or to take photo during the recording.

image.png.2ab629058f8c2e0e3bd8f11484c00df1.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info, look forward to seeing you guys there! 

I'm really excited about this, I've never been part of a sit down audience for a TV show before, I'll admit it's not actually sunk in yet that I'm actually going! 😅 

I keep checking my ticket email just to be sure!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've never been part of a sit down audience for a TV show before,

That was the last The Piano final for me. :lol3:

• Like 2

With the last concert when you met Mika afterwards, was that because it was organised by MFC or did you just go to the artists entrance on the off chance? 

And did anyone take gifts for Mika? I know it's not solely his concert so I'm wondering if that would even be appropriate?

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

With the last concert when you met Mika afterwards, was that because it was organised by MFC or did you just go to the artists entrance on the off chance? 

And did anyone take gifts for Mika? I know it's not solely his concert so I'm wondering if that would even be appropriate?

It was a last minute organized meet. As in, we were already sat in the theatre when we heard he'd agreed! :excite:

Gifts, yes I think some people passed over gift bags at the M&G. And Deb had the yearbook for him. :wub2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hero said:

It was a last minute organized meet. As in, we were already sat in the theatre when we heard he'd agreed! :excite:

Fingers crossed something similar might happen this time round too! :crossed:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Fingers crossed something similar might happen this time round too! :crossed:

It would be nice, but if so, I hope they have more chance to organize it properly with security this time. Last time we got conflicting info so it was a bit of a confusing mess, which contributed to some people panicking about being front row to meet him, shoving, crowding, and generally behaving in a not very nice way. If I see similar this time, I'm going to call it out - whoever happens to be there. It's selfish, and it spoils it for other people. I haven't forgotten the old lady in the wheelchair who was hurt in the crush. Accidental, yes, but also completely avoidable. 

Oh, and if he decides to meet the performers and other presenters in the social bar afterwards, for the love of god please don't go chasing after him like a pack of wild animals. That's his downtime. He's off duty. Leave him be. If he wants to engage in that setting, he'll come to us.  It's more respectful to give him the option, rather than impose.  

Sorry, I've obviously still got some bad residual feelings from last time. But I am actually really looking forward to this! And yes, a M&G would be fantastic. :lustslow::wub2: But be aware it might not happen, don't get your hopes up to be disappointed. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hero said:

which contributed to some people panicking about being front row to meet him, shoving, crowding, and generally behaving in a not very nice way.

Yes, I remember the reports about this from last time, certainly not the nicest of experiences. Security better be good at this venue!

I like to stay positive that I might meet Mika but I won't get my hopes up about it, for me it's enough to just be seeing him this year! 😊

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Oh, and if he decides to meet the performers and other presenters in the social bar afterwards, for the love of god please don't go chasing after him like a pack of wild animals.

:yeah:      I second this motion! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

🌼SOLD🌼

Hi, there 

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the recording. :crybaby:

So I will release my ticket. 

Stalls L19 

DM me if interested.

NaoMika☆

Edited by NaoMika
update
  • Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 3:10 AM, NaoMika said:

Hi, there 

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the recording. :crybaby:

So I will release my ticket. 

Stalls L19 

DM me if interested.

NaoMika☆

Did you manage to sell your ticket? If not I can move your post the the extra ticket thread to let more people see this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 10:50 AM, NaoMika said:

Thanks, I have posted in the extra ticket thread.

:fairy:

I saw you sold your ticket, I wouldn't want people to get confused with your earlier post here so you can either edit it to say it's sold or delete it. 

Shame you're not going to this, I hope you still get to see Mika on tour this year!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I saw you sold your ticket, I wouldn't want people to get confused with your earlier post here so you can either edit it to say it's sold or delete it. 

Shame you're not going to this, I hope you still get to see Mika on tour this year!

Thanks for your reminder. Edited and deleted the previous post. Oh my. Still feeling sad that I can't go there. :crybaby:

Btw, I will be attending UK and Dublin gigs, and Orange in June.

Hope to see you there :wink2:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NaoMika said:

Btw, I will be attending UK and Dublin gigs, and Orange in June.

Hope to see you there :wink2:

Oh no, I'm the opposite! I'll be at The Piano but not any of the tour gigs! :sad:

• Sad 2

On 3/27/2024 at 5:32 PM, Mayli said:

I did join any "The piano" final concert but just read your message and felt so sad that it's our society that the fans always be mad when see their idol lol 😆 I appreciate MIKA's talent but seriously I can't understand why do so many fans need to scream and chase him etc. when see him haha 😂

If I were the idols, I must ask my fans stop doing such annoying behaviours but maybe they don't think so?🙌

There are some fans out there that don't seem to show any respect for an artist when they see them coming out after a show. All they see is the "idol" and not the human being that just spent the last few hours entertaining them.

I don't understand it either when some fans go a bit over board and do start acting like animals to get to Mika. I've seen videos of it happening before, both during and after a concert. People seem to want to touch him or hug him at the most inappropriate times and I'm sure Mika must get annoyed when this happens.

Hopefully at The Piano concert this won't happen. I have a feeling entering and leaving the venue will be quite calm :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

Just to make everyone aware that the day before the concert (April 20th), that there is a Manchester United game happening, anyone coming on that day bare in mind that public transport may be busier than usual as football fans head to Old Trafford. It's likely there'll be more taxis around (especially to and from stations) but you might have to wait a little longer for them too. Big football matches allays attract large crowds so I thought it best to let you all know! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Travel and accommodation is booked and knowing I'll be seeing Mika in 3 weeks is starting to feel a little more real! 😁

Concert outfit is also sorted, but guys I have this lovely piano scarf I got for my birthday last year (yes, blame the Keep it Simple mv!), do I wear it or is it too on the nose for this event?! 😆

20240316_083623.thumb.jpg.a17b88bd9794a8a8da371e6cc279199d.jpg

I will however have a rather special badge on my jacket on one side and also a little rose flower brooch on the other side too. I saw @Anna Ko Kolkowska idea about wearing large flowers for Mika's tour, I'm not seeing him on the AC tour so this will be my own little nod to feel like I'm still taking part! 😊

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Travel and accommodation is booked and knowing I'll be seeing Mika in 3 weeks is starting to feel a little more real! 😁

Concert outfit is also sorted, but guys I have this lovely piano scarf I got for my birthday last year (yes, blame the Keep it Simple mv!), do I wear it or is it too on the nose for this event?! 😆

20240316_083623.thumb.jpg.a17b88bd9794a8a8da371e6cc279199d.jpg

I will however have a rather special badge on my jacket on one side and also a little rose flower brooch on the other side too. I saw @Anna Ko Kolkowska idea about wearing large flowers for Mika's tour, I'm not seeing him on the AC tour so this will be my own little nod to feel like I'm still taking part! 😊

You can wear the scarf! 😍 You might not want to keep it on once inside though, as it can get warm with so many people around. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Getting very excited about this now!!! I'm beginning to wonder what Mika might perform, I imagine it will be towards the end again. I'm thinking either SITM or Billy Brown. Or both!!! :biggrin2:

I doubt he'll sing one of his new French songs (shame, but also understandable) but maybe something from MNIMH would also work 🤔

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Getting very excited about this now!!! I'm beginning to wonder what Mika might perform, I imagine it will be towards the end again. I'm thinking either SITM or Billy Brown. Or both!!! :biggrin2:

I doubt he'll sing one of his new French songs (shame, but also understandable) but maybe something from MNIMH would also work 🤔

I think it should be something with a piano line.

Over My Shoulder

Tiny Love, Blue Eyes (!)

Or maybe something from his UK tour like Popular Song? Or Good Guys? Or Billy Brown?

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Over My Shoulder

Tiny Love, Blue Eyes (!)

Any of these and I think I'd cry! 💙

It would be lovely to see the WING piano there but sadly I doubt Mika will bring it to this :(

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It would be lovely to see the WING piano there but sadly I doubt Mika will bring it to this :(

Yeah I mean as beautiful as it is, I'm pretty sure they're gonna have a real piano for a show like this :D

I've also been thinking about this. My guess would be he'll go with some classics that also sound good in an acoustic version like Relax or Love Today. Personally I think Origin or Tiny Love would also fit the occasion. Or over my shoulder, yes!!

Well we'll have to wait and see I suppose. Not long now :heart:

• Like 4