2024 - Mika @ The Piano Final Concert - recording at Aviva Studios, Manchester, 21st April.

TinyLove_CJ

If they keep the same format, Mika and LL will each play a solo song at the start, then perform together at the end. The TV people won't want any risque lyrics, so that narrows the choice. :teehee:

I could see GG as the finale, it has that uplifting group energy. But, who knows? I've learnt never to 2nd guess Mika. :lol3: :dunno_grin:

• Like 6

On 2/5/2024 at 7:02 PM, Hero said:

It would be nice, but if so, I hope they have more chance to organize it properly with security this time. Last time we got conflicting info so it was a bit of a confusing mess, which contributed to some people panicking about being front row to meet him, shoving, crowding, and generally behaving in a not very nice way. If I see similar this time, I'm going to call it out - whoever happens to be there. It's selfish, and it spoils it for other people. I haven't forgotten the old lady in the wheelchair who was hurt in the crush. Accidental, yes, but also completely avoidable. 

Oh, and if he decides to meet the performers and other presenters in the social bar afterwards, for the love of god please don't go chasing after him like a pack of wild animals. That's his downtime. He's off duty. Leave him be. If he wants to engage in that setting, he'll come to us.  It's more respectful to give him the option, rather than impose.  

Sorry, I've obviously still got some bad residual feelings from last time. But I am actually really looking forward to this! And yes, a M&G would be fantastic. :lustslow::wub2: But be aware it might not happen, don't get your hopes up to be disappointed. 

Hi there, if a meet with Mika does happen how can I found out about it please? Will it be posted on here or somewhere else?

Me and my friend would love to tell him how much we appreciate him 🫶

Edited by ClaireRose

2 hours ago, ClaireRose said:

Hi there, if a meet with Mika does happen how can I found out about it please? Will it be posted on here or somewhere else?

Me and my friend would love to tell him how much we appreciate him 🫶

We can't say if there would be a meet, especially as there may be more filming etc after the public event has finished.  However, if you make sure you are on the RSVP list here https://www.mikafanclub.com/events/event/1640-mika-the-piano-final-concert-aviva-studios-manchester/  then we would know to contact you

• Like 1

Anyone at the venue yet? I'm just chilling in my hotel for a little while before I head down there for the concert. Me and Mum did scope out the entrance and just round the side of the entrance they have a small piano! If anyone heard from inside the venue about  20-30 minutes ago that was my Mum! :lol:

Apparently rehearsals are ongoing now too :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, silver said:

We can't say if there would be a meet, especially as there may be more filming etc after the public event has finished.  However, if you make sure you are on the RSVP list here https://www.mikafanclub.com/events/event/1640-mika-the-piano-final-concert-aviva-studios-manchester/  then we would know to contact you

Thanks for your reply, can’t see anywhere to RSVP - just says event has passed😫

I'm only just arriving in Manchester in a bit. Gonna need to find something to kill time before the show, and get some food beforehand. Anyone checked out The Piano stuff at the Arndale yet?

8 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

:fangurl:

So tell us more, please!

Me and my friend were eating lunch in the cafe at the studios a few hours before doors and he just walked in❤️❤️❤️

After we spoke to him and had a pic he sat down and had lunch at the table next to us - surreal!!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

:fangurl:

So tell us more, please!

I'm gonna open a review thread (unless someone beats me to it!), but we're really not allowed to say too much about it! 🤐

19 minutes ago, ClaireRose said:

:excite::heart:

7B0CF24E-5CF5-4858-87CB-65AF4BCBB56E.jpeg

I think I recognise you! Were you sat front row to the right of the stage?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm gonna open a review thread (unless someone beats me to it!), but we're really not allowed to say too much about it! 🤐

I think I recognise you! Were you sat front row to the right of the stage?

Yes!❤️

On 4/15/2024 at 4:34 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think it should be something with a piano line.

Over My Shoulder

Tiny Love, Blue Eyes (!)

Or maybe something from his UK tour like Popular Song? Or Good Guys? Or Billy Brown?

So one of the songs Mika performed is on this list :clap:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so obviously we're sworn to secrecy until it airs, but I can say, what a brilliant night, full of emotion. The finalists were all incredibly talented performers, and each one deserved to be there. You will not be disappointed! 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So one of the songs Mika performed is on this list :clap:

More clues, please ... :hypo:

Edit: you could use Spoiler button :wink2:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

More clues, please ... :hypo:

Edit: you could use Spoiler button :wink2:

They are sworn to secrecy - no spoilers :no:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You'll find out in 7 short weeks, don't worry! 

I'm still elated from the final duet, wasn't expecting that song but it was brilliant. ❤️❤️❤️:fangurl:

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thanks to Danny I met Mika after the show.

10 seconds only but anyway 😜

Thanks too you we didn't wait for him for hours. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1