2024 - Mika @ Zénith Strasbourg, France, 10 March REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

I uploaded some of my videos on IG & Tiktok, more will follow when I'm back home (& maybe I can write a report again on the train)

Any other world (whole song) https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4XnnaZtAln/?igsh=MTQyeGhiMnV0bzByeA==

Talk during BG, in the audience https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4XoLvNN0kM/?igsh=dnNtaHQ1d2ZheGo5

A clip of Jane Birkin / talk I uploaded on the MFC Tiktok 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL8vr3Xh/

Some more clips in my IG stories, will upload these here later, together with the rest.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Ok, so. Strasbourg. My first experince in the sitting area, because I really wanted to make the two gigs, and I also absolutely knew I couldn't physically make the two in the standing area. Well, I also was sitting in Colmar in 2010, but since this time was followed by the Meet and Greet, I just don't remember the concert itself at all. Basically, I'm now absolutely certain I'm made for the pit :naughty: but being in the sitting area wasn't as frustrating as I was afraid it could be.

This time, I came with my parents, my teenage brother and my little sister. We had places front row, so we relaxed before the concert and took all the time of the world, I took my time for buying my limited tour book (and I'm very happy to have it :wub2:). It was very strange to go at a concert without the stress of the opening of doors, to the point my body started to stress without any reason at the hour I habitually stress :lol3: 

Entering the venue, seeing again the curtain some hours after Nancy, was a strongly strange feeling. It was like a wonderful dream, a dream without end, and a dream I didn't want to see ending. Yeah, I was a little away, but nothing could replace this feeling : I was at home again, for the second time in two days.

Clearly, being in family was pretty nice. It was an occasion to share a part of my life with them. What was annoying was in our area, people were just like, static. They seemed to attend a classical concert, and so for the first songs, there was, in our area, only five people dancing : us. :annoyed: And in those people, there was three women of different ages who were absolutely crazy : my mother, my sister and me. But we totally ignored that and enjoyed ourselves like we always do, and after some songs, fortunately, thanks to Mika's words about "singing with our ass", the other finally joined us, and we felt less alone, so we danced even more like crazy. At different points of the concerts, Mika looked in our direction, and it seems he told (I didn't hear it, though, my mother told me, maybe she heard wrong) there was also some crazy people in the sitting area :lol3:  For once, we were together (usually, they  go sitting and I go standing alone) so basically, we just enjoyed : we improvised some choregraphies for most of the songs and there was a moment where my sister and I finished jumping our arms around the other's shoulder, all of that as the others were "only" dancing and singing normally, so it would not be that surprising. That's why I'm definitely made for the pit, at least, we're all crazy. That and the fact I was too away from Mika, excepted during his speech for Big Girls, where he was sitting not away, with just the stairs between us. :wub2:

But the concert was great. Once again, Mika wasn't as well as we would love to, and once again, he gave everything he had anyway. He told us he had a nearly sleepless night before, but then, he felt better, but cough finally got him again on stage.  Strangely, being more away, I noticed more easily his instants of weakness in his voice. At Nancy, I was in a corner where everybody sang, so even if I noticed it, there were also instances where I noticed only in videos. Anyway, he offered us a great show once again. 

One of the advantages to be in this part of the sitting area is that, being the only crazy people there, we could concentrate better on the purely musical aspects of the concert. So I could really feel all the emotions of more moments, especially in the slow-paced songs, and I noticed some musical developpements I didn't notice the first time, being too much in the instant. Same thing for the decors, since I got a better general view of the scene. I enjoyed the thing entirely differently, but enjoyed it anyway. 

For Jane Birkin, the crowd sang the "la, la, la" in a very spontanous way, and so, he told us this touched him a lot because, when he was writing his last album, he wanted to write a song the crowd would sing like that. That was a nice moment. Also, in "Moi, Andy et Paris", he sang "Je reviendrais vous voir, Strasbourg", and I don't think he sang that at Nancy, (maybe on other dates, since I didn't look at videos before the concerts, I don't know), and it made me smile. If that's the case, I'll be there. :wub2:

I don't know what I can write more, since essentially, the concert was the same, except there was no fan on the stage this time, and some speech differences I don't remember well enough (I definitely must rewatch some videos). But a thing is true, it was as amazing as always. The proof : my sister came home with merch, so I'm definitely pretty happy.  :cheer:

Really, all of that was like a dream and this time, after Strasbourg, I couldn't help to feel a little sad. This week-end was absolutely crazy for me, too good to be true, and the return at normal life is hard today. The fatigue of the last two days fell on me and I can't walk normally because of my poor legs, but how great it was ! It was just incredible, and I'm already longing for the next... 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Well, that’s was really freaking amazing. I can’t get over what a true explosion this was. Not just for the eyes, but also in my heart. I have seen every video so far from the previous shows and I didn’t mind at all to see spoilers, because I knew it wouldn’t take away from the live experience. And for anyone wondering if that was true: yes, it was still mind blowing and surprisingly different (in the best way!) to see the show live!!

The intro of Bougez is just WOW. To see the birdcage and the wings like that, I think my heart skipped a beat. 

Talk About You was a happy contrast after that, because Bougez is more dark and heavy and there comes Talk About You all happy, light and melodic. Having both contrast within 8 mins makes it a Mika concert pur sang, in my opinion.  

He then sang Feels Like Fire, which I had the privilege to see (so far) the only time live with Nomfundo in Cheltenham last year. I was curious to see how he would transform it to with the screens to still make her feel present. I have to say it worked out perfectly. The visuals in combination with his suit and the light were amazingly chosen.

Strasbourg was very interactive and loud, but especially from Underwater and Relax on it became very noticeable! Moments like this give me shivers and you could clearly see it made Mika very happy as well. It energized him tremendously, knowing he had been sick (and still was, honestly). For perspective: the normal spectator would not have noticed at all, because he gave his 300% like he always does. For us as fans who see him regularly, we knew he wasn’t 100%, but it didn’t take away from his energy and eagerness to perform and make sure he would give it his 300%, despite everything.

(But the mum in me did think at the end “GO TO BED!!!” And not because he looked like it, but because I was worried for him.)

The whole gig I was between being in complete awe with stars in my eyes looking at the stage, or dancing like crazy. There was no in between, I was experiencing the gig in extremes. I know I will see and feel more nuances once I’ve seen the show more times, can’t wait for that. 

We heard Yo Yo in the Remix version. You just have to jump up and dance with that song. No questions asked. 

Elle Me Dit is always amazing in France, as well as Grace Kelly. What I didn’t expect, was that for 30 secondes and C’est La Vie the public was there in the same ferocity and boy, that felt good!! Energy was amazing. 

For Happy Ending he sat down in the smoke and he changed up the lyrics. The part where he goes to instrumental and often speaks, he sang this time: 

“This is the way that we’ve been 

I’m not pretending 

No hope, no love, no glory 

No happy ending 

This is the way that we love

Like it’s forever 

Living the rest of our lives 

For what?

We cry

For what?

We fight….and scream….

For what? 

For a little bit of love”

It was very intimate and vulnerable… And very beautiful, because from that moment on the venue would slowly sing along “a little bit of love” and it gave me chills.

Love love love the instrumental intro of Love Today. But now with the feather suit it really made him look like a rockstar. I also believe he feels like one! I would say for this show Mika is a rocking popstar, but for this song in particular he was a popping rockstar!

Any Other World actually made me cry from the inside. It was so moving, the world stood still. 

But don’t worry! The world was upside down again when We Are Golden came up! And he was wearing the BLOOM necklace again, the one MFCer Camilla gave him in Catollica last year! And the pink cape from the Yo Yo Music video. Honestly, it was perfect way to end the gig. The cape flowed perfectly and gave it a flowery yet dramatic ending it deserved. 

We waited for Mika to come out, because well, we were there anyway. From previous times after the concerts last week, we knew he would stay in the car. And him still recovering from illness, we wanted him to go rest ASAP, so we didn’t expect anything other than maybe seeing his car drive by.
He came out after maybe a little over an hour after the show and waved from the car, he was beaming and smiling widely! Clearly very happy. It was beautiful to see and such a nice bonus after a really really amazing gig. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I started writing a report on the train, but too tired now to finish it today. Really no idea how Mika can do a tour like that, especially if he doesn't sleep well... I'm knackered after just a weekend! 😅 :shocked:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Well, that’s was really freaking amazing. I can’t get over what a true explosion this was. Not just for the eyes, but also in my heart. I have seen every video so far from the previous shows and I didn’t mind at all to see spoilers, because I knew it wouldn’t take away from the live experience. And for anyone wondering if that was true: yes, it was still mind blowing and surprisingly different (in the best way!) to see the show live!!

The intro of Bougez is just WOW. To see the birdcage and the wings like that, I think my heart skipped a beat. 

Talk About You was a happy contrast after that, because Bougez is more dark and heavy and there comes Talk About You all happy, light and melodic. Having both contrast within 8 mins makes it a Mika concert pur sang, in my opinion.  

He then sang Feels Like Fire, which I had the privilege to see (so far) the only time live with Nomfundo in Cheltenham last year. I was curious to see how he would transform it to with the screens to still make her feel present. I have to say it worked out perfectly. The visuals in combination with his suit and the light were amazingly chosen.

Strasbourg was very interactive and loud, but especially from Underwater and Relax on it became very noticeable! Moments like this give me shivers and you could clearly see it made Mika very happy as well. It energized him tremendously, knowing he had been sick (and still was, honestly). For perspective: the normal spectator would not have noticed at all, because he gave his 300% like he always does. For us as fans who see him regularly, we knew he wasn’t 100%, but it didn’t take away from his energy and eagerness to perform and make sure he would give it his 300%, despite everything.

(But the mum in me did think at the end “GO TO BED!!!” And not because he looked like it, but because I was worried for him.)

The whole gig I was between being in complete awe with stars in my eyes looking at the stage, or dancing like crazy. There was no in between, I was experiencing the gig in extremes. I know I will see and feel more nuances once I’ve seen the show more times, can’t wait for that. 

We heard Yo Yo in the Remix version. You just have to jump up and dance with that song. No questions asked. 

Elle Me Dit is always amazing in France, as well as Grace Kelly. What I didn’t expect, was that for 30 secondes and C’est La Vie the public was there in the same ferocity and boy, that felt good!! Energy was amazing. 

For Happy Ending he sat down in the smoke and he changed up the lyrics. The part where he goes to instrumental and often speaks, he sang this time: 

“This is the way that we’ve been 

I’m not pretending 

No hope, no love, no glory 

No happy ending 

This is the way that we love

Like it’s forever 

Living the rest of our lives 

For what?

We cry

For what?

We fight….and scream….

For what? 

For a little bit of love”

It was very intimate and vulnerable… And very beautiful, because from that moment on the venue would slowly sing along “a little bit of love” and it gave me chills.

Love love love the instrumental intro of Love Today. But now with the feather suit it really made him look like a rockstar. I also believe he feels like one! I would say for this show Mika is a rocking popstar, but for this song in particular he was a popping rockstar!

Any Other World actually made me cry from the inside. It was so moving, the world stood still. 

But don’t worry! The world was upside down again when We Are Golden came up! And he was wearing the BLOOM necklace again, the one MFCer Camilla gave him in Catollica last year! And the pink cape from the Yo Yo Music video. Honestly, it was perfect way to end the gig. The cape flowed perfectly and gave it a flowery yet dramatic ending it deserved. 

We waited for Mika to come out, because well, we were there anyway. From previous times after the concerts last week, we knew he would stay in the car. And him still recovering from illness, we wanted him to go rest ASAP, so we didn’t expect anything other than maybe seeing his car drive by.
He came out after maybe a little over an hour after the show and waved from the car, he was beaming and smiling widely! Clearly very happy. It was beautiful to see and such a nice bonus after a really really amazing gig. 

Just realized I totally forgot to write about Jane Birkin!

The public was so eager to sing along, they hummed the “la la la” melody completely spontaneously along to the music. Mika clearly showed and said how happy this made him. He said while in the studio recording (a different song that didn’t make it on the album), he said that he wished for a song where the public would spontaneously and voluntarily sing along. And that is exactly what happened - and it moved him very much. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What a show in Strasbourg! Pure magic from the beginning to the end. Incredible energy on stage and in the audience. Mika and his band were so so so amazing! :cloud:

My pics and videos:

Screenshot_20240311_170721_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_170743_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_174622_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_174216_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_174823_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_174730_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_173228_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_173159_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_172614_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_170934_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_170814_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_170148_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_165052_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_164953_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_164257_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_163307_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_163634_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_154339_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_161628_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_154011_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_153949_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_153419_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_153515_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_152821_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_152546_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_102406_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_102303_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_102322_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_084440_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_183126_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_190212_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_183248_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_092244_Gallery.jpg

Polish_20240308_181735199.jpg

20240308_140630.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Thank you @Gabry74for the photos and videos! Do you maybe have a video where he thanks the public (by himself) right after WAG? I see you have a picture of that moment, but do you also have a video?

You're welcome Michelle! Yes, I have the little video. :mikadas:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This concert in Strasbourg was just fantastic, great and mindblowing. Mika was simply phenomenal, considering the circumstances.  :cloud:Sure, you could hear at one point or another that he was still sick and his voice wasn't at 100% , but he completely made up for it with his energy and dedication. 
I didn't take many videos or photos because I just wanted to dance and party and enjoy the moment. But the best moment of the evening for me had to be captured on video of course - when he climbed over the chairs exactly where we were sitting and then sat on the railing for almost 2 minutes more or less right in front of us. :blush::wub2:

It was an incredible evening at the "Club Apocalypso" 🌈🔥

20240310_195701.thumb.jpg.3d7ebc162c3290a9c45e4e28244a3df0.jpg

20240310_195839.thumb.jpg.13e15d829cc19054f5b594c281a5a915.jpg20240310_211212.thumb.jpg.569fa8307b926ea29736f4c5188391dc.jpg20240310_195554.thumb.jpg.c61fad192e636475dcd9330e0f9fef8f.jpg

I'm already looking forward to the next concert in Amsterdam :cloud: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

It's really lovely reading people's reports and more of you are sharing pics and videos without spoilers now, I'm at a point where I have to watch things as soon as I find them because I just can't get enough of this tour!

Love the pics that capture the background images and animations I'm really fascinated by them, so please keep them coming!

• Like 3

Hi ! Firstly thank you to everyone who shared pictures and videos, it was a real pleasure watching them after the concert to live again the moment haha !

I wanted to know if anyone had a video of the moment he talked to the pit and said that he would take the energy of a little group there to give it to the rest of the fans ?? He kept saying that they were crazy and stuff like that.

So if anyone has a video (or even a picture) of one of these moments, I would love to see it :) Thanks by advance 🫶🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Laurine said:

Hi ! Firstly thank you to everyone who shared pictures and videos, it was a real pleasure watching them after the concert to live again the moment haha !

I wanted to know if anyone had a video of the moment he talked to the pit and said that he would take the energy of a little group there to give it to the rest of the fans ?? He kept saying that they were crazy and stuff like that.

So if anyone has a video (or even a picture) of one of these moments, I would love to see it :) Thanks by advance 🫶🏻

Yes, I filmed that: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/12/2024 at 10:36 AM, Nessaja said:

This concert in Strasbourg was just fantastic, great and mindblowing. Mika was simply phenomenal, considering the circumstances.  :cloud:Sure, you could hear at one point or another that he was still sick and his voice wasn't at 100% , but he completely made up for it with his energy and dedication. 
I didn't take many videos or photos because I just wanted to dance and party and enjoy the moment. But the best moment of the evening for me had to be captured on video of course - when he climbed over the chairs exactly where we were sitting and then sat on the railing for almost 2 minutes more or less right in front of us. :blush::wub2:

It was an incredible evening at the "Club Apocalypso" 🌈🔥

20240310_195701.thumb.jpg.3d7ebc162c3290a9c45e4e28244a3df0.jpg

20240310_195839.thumb.jpg.13e15d829cc19054f5b594c281a5a915.jpg20240310_211212.thumb.jpg.569fa8307b926ea29736f4c5188391dc.jpg20240310_195554.thumb.jpg.c61fad192e636475dcd9330e0f9fef8f.jpg

I'm already looking forward to the next concert in Amsterdam :cloud: 

beautiful !!! wonderful Mika 

• Like 2

Finally got over my post gig depression phase and ready to finish the report that I had started writing on the train on Monday. :lol3:

So, Strasbourg... my expectations were high, and in fact the gig was fantastic! At the beginning of the show, while still in the cage, Mika said that he wasn't ill anymore - I needed @Prisca next to me to translate, to be able to understand what he said, but was very glad to hear that! :wub2: And wow, those wings! They're sooo fluffy! :lustslow: Mika accidentally looked at me during the first moments when he started singing - he randomly looked at different people in the front at that point, but when our eyes crossed, he quickly turned his head. I think he knows that his deliberate looks are a lot more meaningful than these random ones, especially to those of us who have been following him for a long time ... when he looks at you during a gig in a certain way, and for these 2 seconds that feel much longer, like time is standing still, you have the feeling that it's only you and him in the room and as if he transfers some of his stage superpowers onto you. Well, I didn't have this at this gig and I missed it, could have needed some Mika superpowers to fight all those viruses, haha! :lmfao: But that, and my still-not-optimal health were the only downsides. Dunno how it was for Mika, he looked a bit angry with his crew and band a few times, guess the lack of sleep might have made him a bit grumpy and less tolerating with their mistakes - but apart from those few annoyed looks, you couldn't tell. He was sweet as always to his audience.

The crowd was really into it, as always in Strasbourg, and of course Mika loved that. It was so funny when he told and showed how he had slept last night (not much, apparently 🙈) and, like in Nancy, told the seated area during Underwater that they have to sing with their butts and that's not possible if the butts are in the chairs. :lmfao: Great way to make them stand up, haha! I haven't looked whether people in the seated areas were dancing for Bougez, was busy dancing myself, but the next few songs after that aren't that uptempo, so if they had gotten up, they sat down again by the time of Underwater. No fans on stage or reading signs this time. I think he commented on one further in the back, they wrote him like a whole letter on a poster, and obviously that was impossible to read from the stage.

30 Secondes, still my absolute favourite song from the setlist, as he doesn't sing Tiny Love anymore and JSQJT not (yet) either. He didn't sit down at the piano for it this time at all... I think it was because the piano was turned in a way that he would have turned his back to most of the crowd if he had sat down. Some time during the first verse I thought he looked at me, I was very proud of getting the lyrics right, it's the only French song I learned just by listening to it often enough, without practising it... :lol3: - but he was too far away (and the light not good enough) to be sure where exactly he looked, and in Michelle's video later I saw that indeed he had looked somewhere into the distance behind us. I bet when he ever does actually look at me, I'll mess up the lyrics. :lmfao:

The show actually felt quite long. It probably was because I was tired from getting up early, travelling, queueing for hours and especially jumping and dancing more than would have been good for me 2 days after an infection (but it's impossible to sit or stand still at a Mika gig, haha!), but let's say I was very glad that AOW gave me a moment to relax. I didn't have much energy left for WAG. Still I wouldn't have minded if he had played OOL as well, or even instead of Golden. I like We Are Golden, but I think at this point I'd have preferred to feel the energy of love than the energy of movement. 😅 I'm curious how it'll be at the next gig, when I'm hopefully feeling better (tho somehow my cough is back since last weekend, when it was almost gone already... it really is annoying with all those infections! :facepalm: ) - but it's much better if a gig feels long than if it feels too short - guess I just feel guilty to see Mika still giving his everything on stage, jumping and dancing, and me not being able to move much anymore and give him back the energy he deserves from the crowd.

Something else I noticed, both in Nancy and Strasbourg, is that many people seem to think he's not coming back when the curtain closes after WAG, and they already leave. In Nancy some people in the back even already left when the curtain closed before CLV. I guess it's this crossover to theater, where the cast comes in front of the curtain after the show to bow, that people don't expect at a concert. Also I still have to get used to it, somehow it feels weird with that curtain, which is hiding the set and the instruments... Hard to say why, but it's like there's no connection to the show anymore, like you're back in reality and this face screams at you "it's over!". At the one gig where he played OOL as an additional unplanned encore I suppose it must have felt different, or the crowd just didn't accept it... but maybe that's one reason why Mika did it that way, to prevent the crowd and himself from making the show even longer and not accepting that the last song is the last song. I like the feeling of possibility, of hope that there might be more... but for Mika's health it surely is better if he puts a specific stop point and makes it hard for himself and for others to ignore that. :dunno_grin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched some of the videos from this gig (thank you everyone) and when he took his shirt off I was very concerned about how thin he looked. I am hoping it is because of this intense and long tour he has been on, but there is more to go. Feel protective of the boy. Feel a great urge to overnight him some chicken soup.🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

I just watched some of the videos from this gig (thank you everyone) and when he took his shirt off I was very concerned about how thin he looked. I am hoping it is because of this intense and long tour he has been on, but there is more to go. Feel protective of the boy. Feel a great urge to overnight him some chicken soup.🤷‍♀️

And keep in mind that what you see in videos and pics it's not the reality, in reality he is way much thinner :original:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, krysady said:

And keep in mind that what you see in videos and pics it's not the reality, in reality he is way much thinner :original:

Ohmygod I didn't even think about that! :no:

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:47 AM, mellody said:

I uploaded some of my videos on IG & Tiktok, more will follow when I'm back home (& maybe I can write a report again on the train)

Any other world (whole song) https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4XnnaZtAln/?igsh=MTQyeGhiMnV0bzByeA==

Talk during BG, in the audience https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4XoLvNN0kM/?igsh=dnNtaHQ1d2ZheGo5

A clip of Jane Birkin / talk I uploaded on the MFC Tiktok 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL8vr3Xh/

Some more clips in my IG stories, will upload these here later, together with the rest.

Thank you for your great report! 😍 

I am so looking forward to Sunday in Brussels and also Tuesday in Berlin. 🤩