Introducing myself!

Eli19

Hello everyone,

I am so excited to finally be part of the MFC. I have seen so many of you over the last 16 years at concerts, but never took the plunge to create an account here as I am usually quite antisocial... :D But I went to the show in Geneva two days ago, and I just thought it would be so nice to connect with the fanclub at concerts!!

I will be there on 28th July at Paleo so hoping we can meet then!

I am Swiss, have lived all around the world, am 27 years old, work in climate change policy in an NGO. 

Have been a die hard fan of Mika for about 12 years now, excited to get to know more real fans as my family and friends are tired of me talking about him :D

I am totally new on forums, I am not exactly sure how to use it so might take a while, I "followed" a few topics of interest I think it should do the trick for a start?!

Hope everyone has a lovely day,

Eli

Edited by Eli19
  • Like 12

Hello and welcome @Eli19!  Working in climate change policy sounds fascinating.

1 hour ago, Eli19 said:

, excited to get to know more real fans as my family and friends are tired of me talking about him

I can relate to this with my family :lol: Fortunately my 9-year-old niece loves Mika too, though. But joining the MFC is a great choice if you want to talk to people who really understand being a fan!

1 hour ago, Eli19 said:

I am totally new on forums, I am not exactly sure how to use it so might take a while, I "followed" a few topics of interest I think it should do the trick for a start?!

This should be a good start! I've also been telling everyone lately that I discovered the "Unread Content" feed, which is a great place to find out what everyone's talking about right now because it starts with the newest content. 

I hope you enjoy being a part of the MFC!

• Like 3

Hi Eli :bye: Hope you get to meet up with other MFCers at Paleo.

If you need any help navigating the forum just ask - someone will help you

• Like 2

@Eli19

Welcome to the MFC ! :welcomeani:

I'm Eriko from Japan.

I've seen your Profile pic with Mika at the lakeside.:mikadas:

Here is a thread about Geneva concert

2024 - Mika @ SEG Geneva Arena, Geneva, Switzerland, 28 March REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

and

here is a before thread for Paleo Festival ( you are so lucky to get a ticket ! )

2024 - MIKA @ Paleo Festival, Nyon, Switzerland, 28 July

• Like 2

Hello hello! With such an extensive Mika history, it's great that you are finally here!
And I love what you do for a living. Thank you for fighting for the planet.

• Like 1

Hello @Eli19 and welcome in MFC! :welcomeani:

Like you I have followed Mika for a few years before to arrive here, in this forum. I have thought about it  a while and ... I don't know why!  :lol3:

I understand you when you say that your family is tired to hear you to speak about Mika. Me too, with my family,  sometimes, I avoid to do it and takes a pause for them because, I think, otherwise they could become crazy with all my speech about him! :naughty::lmfao:

Me too, I'm alone and, despite you define yourself "quite antisocial", I'm sure that here in MFC you'll find new  friends to share your love for this artist! :thumb_yello:

Compliments for your interesting and beautiful job and...

See you around on the forum! :bye:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello @Eli19 and welcome in MFC! :welcomeani:

Like you I have followed Mika for a few years before to arrive here, in this forum. I have thought about it for a while and ... I don't know why!  :lol3:

I understand you when you say that your family is tired to hear you to speak about Mika. Me too, with my family,  sometimes, I avoid to do it and takes a pause for them because, I think, otherwise they could become crazy with all my speech about him! :naughty::lmfao:

Me too, I'm alone and, despite you define yourself "quite antisocial", I'm sure that here in MFC you'll find new  friends to share your love for this artist! :thumb_yello:

Compliments for your interesting and beautiful job and...

See you around on the forum! :bye:

Thank you Arianne for the warm welcome, so lovely of you!!! I hope you are having a lovely start of the week!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Hello hello! With such an extensive Mika history, it's great that you are finally here!
And I love what you do for a living. Thank you for fighting for the planet.

I am so glad to be here, thank you for the warm welcome, it means so much!!

On 3/31/2024 at 3:00 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi @Eli19 :bye: :welcomeani:to MFC :huglove:

Enjoy your time here with us :group_hug:and if you need help around the forum feel free to ask here

Thank you so so much!! I really feel so welcomed :)

On 3/30/2024 at 11:59 PM, Kumazzz said:

@Eli19

Welcome to the MFC ! :welcomeani:

I'm Eriko from Japan.

I've seen your Profile pic with Mika at the lakeside.:mikadas:

Here is a thread about Geneva concert

2024 - Mika @ SEG Geneva Arena, Geneva, Switzerland, 28 March REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

and

here is a before thread for Paleo Festival ( you are so lucky to get a ticket ! )

2024 - MIKA @ Paleo Festival, Nyon, Switzerland, 28 July

That is so great!!! How do you find the threads? There are so many discussions around I am not sure I can always find the ones that migth be important for me, any tips??

I have been going to Paleo yearly as it is next to my house, so I knew the ticketing would be so difficult as awalys so we were 12 people trying to get it :D mika came before to Paleo and it was such a good show, I hope it will be again! If you are trying to get tickets there is a very good resale market and they sell 2000 tickets on the morning of too!

thank you for your response!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 11:36 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Hi and :welcomeani: @Eli19  

I'm sure you'll get to know Mika fans really well here and make friends too 😊

Enjoy it here!

Thank you so so much for your welcome :)

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 10:37 PM, silver said:

Hi Eli :bye: Hope you get to meet up with other MFCers at Paleo.

If you need any help navigating the forum just ask - someone will help you

I hope so too, thank you so much for your kind words and your help!

On 3/30/2024 at 9:39 PM, linzijay said:

Hello and welcome @Eli19!  Working in climate change policy sounds fascinating.

I can relate to this with my family :lol: Fortunately my 9-year-old niece loves Mika too, though. But joining the MFC is a great choice if you want to talk to people who really understand being a fan!

This should be a good start! I've also been telling everyone lately that I discovered the "Unread Content" feed, which is a great place to find out what everyone's talking about right now because it starts with the newest content. 

I hope you enjoy being a part of the MFC!

The unread content is SUCH a good tip, Im going to have a look at that now! there are soooo many threads I am worried I might miss out on important discussions or meet ups in my area!

I love that you can share your love for Mika with family members, I secretly hope to have a child that will love mika as much as I do soon to share the love hahah 

I hope you have a lovely start of your week :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eli19 said:

The unread content is SUCH a good tip, Im going to have a look at that now! there are soooo many threads I am worried I might miss out on important discussions or meet ups in my area!

I apologise, maybe you already know this function, but...one of the things that I have learnt in this period is that, if you are interested in a particolar topic, you can follow it. At the end of the page, you can find two choices (sharing and follow), if you choose "follow" and give your approvation, you'll received notices about conversations and news you have fear to lose! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eli19 said:

How do you find the threads? There are so many discussions around I am not sure I can always find the ones that migth be important for me, any tips??

We have a thread,

The Looking For Something Thread

If you're looking for something at all MIKA or MFC related, you can come here and ask.

Any pictures, videos, interviews in the News section where it takes too long to search through our many pages, or you're just being lazy, or the search option isn't being too accurate, or you want to talk to a real person...

Feel free to ask whatever. :bye:

5 hours ago, Eli19 said:

mika came before to Paleo and it was such a good show, I hope it will be again!

If you'd like to know about something previous Paleo Concert,

you can search

https://www.mikafanclub.com/search/?q=paleo&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=32&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_in=titles :wink2:

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Any pictures, videos, interviews in the News section where it takes too long to search through our many pages, or you're just being lazy, or the search option isn't being too accurate, or you want to talk to a real person...

that is SO helpful, thank you so much!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

I apologise, maybe you already know this function, but...one of the things that I have learnt in this period is that, if you are interested in a particolar topic, you can follow it. At the end of the page, you can find two choices (sharing and follow), if you choose "follow" and give your approvation, you'll received notices about conversations and news you have fear to lose! :thumb_yello:

this is brilliant, thank you for taking the time to explain that!

• Like 1

Hi! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Have fun here and see you around... :cheer:

On 4/5/2024 at 11:17 PM, Gabry74 said:

Hi! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Have fun here and see you around... :cheer:

Hi Gabriella, lovely to meet you online!! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

On 4/6/2024 at 7:44 PM, Sabine64 said:

Hello and welcome Eli. Have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine from Germany 

Hi Sabine, lovely to meet you! We are not so far away I am in Switzerland!! But French speaking :D

Thank you for the warm welcome :)