Fave Mika Lyrics

jsap10690

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the way you left me, I'm not pretending, no hope no love no glory, no happy ending.

Then Billy Brown fell in love with another man.

Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in.

You take your girl, and multiply her by 4, now a whole lotta woman needs a whole lot more!

KACHINGGGGA! :D

You talk about life, you talk about death and everything in between like its nothing.

I love every single word of "Any Other World"...

...the part that mainly touches my heart is

...So I smile and try to mean it

To make myself let go

My best music part, instead, (notes' sequence, I mean) is in "My interpretation", at the step(i.e in the first part):

"i dont need an alibi or for you to realise

the things we left unsaid

are only taking space up in our head

make it my fault win the game

point the finger place the blame

it does me up and down

it doesnt matter now "

...I love the sequence of the chords in this passage :wink2:

hmm.. at the moment?

hey girl, you are beautiful

diet coke, i'm my knees screaming "big girl you are beautiful"

billy brown you are a victim of the times

the last thing on my mind is to leave you, i believe that we're in this together

mama told me what i should know, too much candy's gonna rot your soul

pretty much all of grace kelly :)

Mine would be...

"Smile like you mean it and let yourself let go..."

from Any Other World, a song which means a lot to me :thumb_yello:

Yeah, this is my fave too, I love that line. Love that song too. I guess it is my favourite song on the album even if it is very different from the rest of the songs.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the bit near the end of lollipop where he says:

'mamma told me well i should know too much candys gonna rot your soul'

it's just the best part of the song! :bleh:

My words exactly. The entire Stuck in the Middle, especially because it's so personal.

haha.. here we get to the point.. please see my newely posted thread about it. is it then autobiographical?

sorry if this has been previously discussed, I am a new comer to the forum and the man..

I have my thoughts about the meaning of this song. I think it's about family things and growing up. But actually I won't go too deep with it, for me personally it feels a little 'voyeuristic' to speculate about the meaning of such personal words in a public internet forum. :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

i love...

Erase, my love. I bet you can't erase my touch. You're trying to replace a feeling without a name with somebody else's face

just so sad :( From "Erase" ofcourse.

Sucking too hard on your lollipop hey love's gonna get you down....mama told me what I should know, too much candy gonna rot your soul

Lollipop

Dum-da la di da di dum - da la di da di dum - da la di da di dum- da la di da di doo doo la di da di doo doo - la di da di doo - da la di da di

Love Today - because it's so much fun to sing to!

This is the way you left me, im not pretending, no hope no love no glory, no happy ending. This is the way that we love, like it's forever, and live the rest of our lives, but not together

And I...feel as if I'm wasted...and I...wasted everyday

Happy Ending

Say what you want to satisfy yourself (HEY!) But you only want what everybody else says you should want

Grace Kelly

The ones I find insightful, spot-on, nuanced, overall beautifully written:

Stuck in the Middle: "I look at you, you look at me, we bite each other/And with your bitter words you kick me in the gutter/But my troops are bigger than yours/You'll never stand my fight/(...)/But with my careless words I tread upon your vision" ...

"This ain't a plan to break your heart of me"

(yes, I do think this song's about family; no, i don't believe it's too personal for us to talk about its meaning, since he's released it and it now belongs in a way to the world)

Billy Brown: "Unto religion that he said and duty found/ They didn’t know his faith was earhtly bound" (wonderful) and of course, "cautionary wife"

Love today T: "Tries to tell you life has just begun/But you know she's gettin' something other/Than the love from her mother"

Happy Ending: "If anything should happen/I guess I wish you well/A little bit of heaven/But a little bit of hell"

My Interpretation: "This is my interpretation/And it dont dont make sense"

Any Other World: "In any other world/You could tell the difference"

... and of course...

GK's "I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple I could be anything you like, gotta be green, gotta be mean, gotta be everything more"

He's a great writer! :mf_rosetinted:

All of Stuck In The Middle for me as well (think I've said that in like 20 other threads, but never it this one :blink: ), in my opinion it's one of the best songs ever written :mf_rosetinted: It still seems I disagree with others on what he actually says in some parts of the song though :blink:

And the same goes for my favourite part of Happy Ending actually, I hear it as: I feel as if I'm wasted and I'm wasting every day :blink: I could relate to that :boxed: