Leeds May 13th Meet Up

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We made our way down the side to get near the front but it was heaving, real sardines. If any of you get the chance to go, can I suggest that you go to the left (as you look at the stage) if you can't get to the middle. I was in a similar position to the person who posted 'Want You Back' and 'Big Girl.' It's not bad; I'm not complaining, but I think it would be better from the other side, he seemed to look that way more.

Pull Tiger Tail were great, I recommend - they're on YouTube, their best song is Animator. They sounded like their recordings which I think is a good sign.

Then Mika.

Oh, he is just amazing. He seemed to relish the volume of our singing and let us do loads. We were SO loud. It's great being part of that.

He did some particularly brilliant (and knowing) hip wiggles. The boy can 'move', if not 'dance'. His underpants were indeed very visible and grey, his pants nearly fell down and he wore a plain white T shirt and he ended up as wet as that photo of him from Friday's gig in Brighton.

I've got a photo of the gig list - if the girl who got it off the stage is on here, thanks for letting me take a photo. I think the rest of my photos are dire but I'll look more calmly when I've finished this epic.

My daughter thought the lollypop finale was wonderful - costumes, play-acting, characters, big balloons, confetti cannons and bubbles. I just kept thinking 'that's it -finished'

(more....)

So we had drinks and admired Andi's shoes. Robertina they are just beautiful and so suitable for Mika. So there was Andi and her husband, Freddie's double Kata and another girl dressed up. Then Hannah-Spanner and her friend joined us. We took picture and talked. They had been drinking and carried on but I got twitchy as I thought the doors would open at 7 and, even in the rain, the queue was huge. We all went to look but decided to wait till the doors opened. I stayed near the S.U. doors but Freddie and friends went back to the bar and the noise was fairly loud. I can imagine security people sending messages to warn the staff at the Refectory. In the end the doors opened nearer 7:30 and I went to join the back of the queue. I assumed that Freddie etc had got in before us, by meeting up with Tia perhaps.

It was mad, people were dropping their brollies outside like so much rubbish. The best thing for me was that I swiped the flyer off the door which said that Mika WAS supported by Pull Tiger Tail. I don't know if you've followed any of my posts but I don't like music the first time I hear it and I had been learning the PTT songs. It turned out to be time VERY well spent.

There was a huge queue for the toilets and cloakroon but buying a tee shirt wasn't too bad, although their idea of large is pretty jolly small to my eye. It was all cash and no receipts so I don't know how you could exchange.

(more.....)

thanks for report Ruth....:blush-anim-cl:

i'm so sorry andi could not get them in Mika's eyes!!!

As soon as Mika went off security moved everyone away from the stage and then put partitions screens across the room which they moved backwards to 'push' us out of the hall. They were very professional and are obviously used to dealing with people who want the moment to last rather than rushing off. I had the words to Hips Don't Lie - it would have been what I would have requested (there's a YouTube vid of him not knowing the words) and I gave it to the most friendly looking security man, asking him to give it to Mika. (but I doubt if he did)

We saw Hannah-Spanner and her friend and they told us about the other 5 not getting in. And all that time I'd thought they'd been at the front.

Anyhoo, there was a tour bus at the front, big, sleek, German and with its engine running. We waited there thinking if we just kept there and didn't think about how wet and cold we were getting, we would see him. Lots thought the same but most dwindled away. It really was grotty weather. Then a security woman told us that Mika had gone out of the back. We didn't believe her but more people left. In fact it was just my daughter and me like a pair of drowned rats. Another woman with a long-suffering husband came to join us. (Hi if you're reading this.)

Then a larger group of people came round the corner where the queue had been before the show. They said that Mika was round at the back and had been signing autographs and posing for photos. They were so happy. So we went round too. When we found the back of the building Hannah-Spanner and her friend and about 6 more people were coming away from the coach (identical to the one parked at the front) They said he'd just got on the coach. I went to chat to the driver. I asked if he would ask Mika to come out for us as we were absolutely the last fans left. He went into the back but I don't know if he asked. To be fair, Mika has to draw a line somewhere and the fans would never let him get a break, but I admit to being really disappointed. Lots of you on here seem to have met him more than once; this was my one and only chance, so, yes, I was disappointed.

Anyway the driver said No Mika wouldn't come out. He also refused to take my flashing heart for him.

So we waved the coach off into the night and went to find the car to drive back home.

I was a bit low, but today....

I'm grinning and cheerful, full of happy memories and delighted to have been to the show.

So, my regret is that I didn't find the back of the building.

How did other people know to go there and ignore the coach at the front? I wish I knew. And if it hadn't been so wet I'd have walked round in the afternoon.

Regarding the members that were refused enrty, I feel I must speak out. They WERE very drunk, but that wasn't the sole reason for refusal. a number of the group were abusive to some of the students in the University bar..this was reported by the students to security in the bar which was then communicated to security on the door. To be honest they were not doing themselves any favours and the security were correct in refusing them as they had thousands of other people to think about.

Yes it is sad that they did not get to see the gig but you can NOT go around in a drunken state being abusive to people and hope to get away with it.

Perhaps this is a lesson learnt for future gigs?!

im sorry but *as* one of those members i should also speak out and ask if you can tell me who was rude as it must have happened while i was at the toilet...the only people we spoke to were people who spoke to us and who is the rudest myself who speaks sensibly asking why people cant come in or the security guy who swears at me because he cant think of an excuse?

I think the lesson to be learnt is if you are security you dont rule the world.

So, my regret is that I didn't find the back of the building.

How did other people know to go there and ignore the coach at the front? I wish I knew. And if it hadn't been so wet I'd have walked round in the afternoon.

awww ruth i saw u, i was with hannah. We just guessed he wouldnt come out of the front and were lucky to find the other coach. i didnt know it was u cos i wasnt in the pub with the others.

Anyone know who is brumming and how does he/she knows this, why sis they phone him, her/you?

I am brumming I am

I am male I am

Kata is my friend she is

She phoned me cause she was annoyed and well knew that I was awake, oh and she had to curse in Danish instead of English :blink:

(We know eachother in real life)

Hello to all!!

Just thought i would stop by as promised!!

What an amazing night it was, despite all of what had gone on and all was dealt with in a reall awful disrespectful manner, from what i experienced aside that, we all had an immense time!!

Was great to meet you all and Yes Jodi, we managed to make it home!! :D

Thanks to all of you for making me feel so comfortable and apart fo you all!!

Andi, Ali, Freddie, jodi, Tia, Bexi, Cata, daisy!! you were al immense!!

Sorry if i have forgotten anyone else. . i do appologise i were trying to remember names off the top of my head!!

So hear you have it little me on the Mika page! lol

x x x x x x x x x

Hello to all!!

What an amazing night it was, despite all of what had gone on and all was dealt with in a reall awful disrespectful manner, from what i experienced aside that, we all had an immense time!!

Sorry if i have forgotten anyone else. . i do appologise i were trying to remember names off the top of my head!!

x x x x x x x x x

Hey , thanks for dropping in:biggrin2:

Hello to all!!

x x x x x x x x x

hellloooo, and welcome i was just coming over to myspace and ask if u where doing this!!!

Hey great to have to here, yr fab and i love ya! and Hannah!! well everyone really but u made me laugh and cuddled me all the time!!! your now an offical mika lover!!

hellloooo, and welcome i was just coming over to myspace and ask if u where doing this!!!

Hey great to have to here, yr fab and i love ya! and Hannah!! well everyone really but u made me laugh and cuddled me all the time!!! your now an offical mika lover!!

Tia!!!

How could i forget to do this! this was my thought all the way home!!

and i'm glad i was able to amuse you haha!! and thats me i hug everyone all the time and even more so when a little tipsy.

had a fab night and was great meeting you! i think oyu were the first that i met!1 and proud to say that as your soo awesome!!

x x x x x x:thumb_yello:

Tia!!!

and i'm glad i was able to amuse you haha!! and thats me i hug everyone all the time and even more so when a little tipsy.

had a fab night and was great meeting you! i think oyu were the first that i met!1 and proud to say that as your soo awesome!!

aww thx hunnie u and hannah were the first me and bexx meet and u made us feel so at ease, we where like everyones gonna be great and we were rite. it wasnt just about mika yesterday it was about making all u lovely new friends!!!:biggrin2:

Tia!!!

when you *eventually* got home lol...ooooh i took the breathaliser btw, it said i had 0.0 units in my system woooooooooo

BTW i called u sharon all nite why didnt u tell me!! Lol

tel you what??

My name is sharon haha! sharona is jsut a nick name!!. . ever heard of the son 'my sharona' . . thats my song acording to my friends!! hehe!

but you can cal me what ever you wish soo!!

x x x x x x:biggrin2: