Leeds May 13th Meet Up

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Yay Tia you got back safely then :biggrin2:

I know he was really lovely wasnt he:thumb_yello:

what time did you guys leave the hotel eventually?

not to long after u i dont think thou i dropped of 2 sleep 4 half an hour and u were gone!! when i found your note i laughed :bleh: i had a wonderful time, bexx you were the best mika/travel person in the world, iv not giggled like that for ages. Iv never known too ppl. get stuck in lifts or go wondering the wrong way b4!!! It was the best time and im smiling from ear to ear cant wait til next time!!! Mika was lovely we did it girlie we said we would!!!!

hopefully daisylou will come and tell her story soon!!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH Gawd yes it was just hilarious the highlights have to be creaping around the first floor knocking door to door whispering "freddie" to try and find the party when there was a ^%%^%^ huge sign Partys here as we walked around the corner

Orr

Perhaps it was both of us showing a huge amount of clevage fishing for The streamers we had collected by accident at the concert and then the lift door opens and this poor woman gets an eye Full

It was just an Hilarious Day over all :naughty: :naughty:

OH Gawd yes it was just hilarious the highlights have to be creaping around the first floor knocking door to door whispering "freddie" to try and find the party when there was a ^%%^%^ huge sign Partys here as we walked around the corner

Orr

Perhaps it was both of us showing a huge amount of clevage fishing for The streamers we had collected by accident at the concert and then the lift door opens and this poor woman gets an eye Full

It was just an Hilarious Day over all :naughty: :naughty:

or the first time in the lift!!! ud think we had never used one b4!!! Lol

OMG the whispering at every door on the 1st floor was sooo funny!!

there is so much i cant remember it all im scared im gonna 4get things. It went so quick, i loved every minute of it!! Even standing in that cold rain 4 2hours everything and everyone was amazing!!! I managed to lose my mika silver foil!! think it ended up somewhere on the party floor.

My mouth is hurting cos i havent stopped grinning!!! I have to pop out ill catch up with u in a hour or so!!

:biggrin2: me grinning!!!

Yeh I have handwritten notes :

Mika "To Freddie , I am so sorry you didnt get in , you were missed .love mika"

Cherisse "To Freddie Ill see you at the next gig !! Lots of love Cherisse"

Mika has drawn a heart with Cherisse and me and an arrow through!

Wow!!! That's really cool of them I think!!! :thumb_yello: After all, you missed the gig! :biggrin2:

Your so lucky.. :thumb_yello: Bad luck turns into something good!

And the Cherisse heart! Seriously! I hope that will help on your addiction!

or the first time in the lift!!! ud think we had never used one b4!!! Lol

OMG the whispering at every door on the 1st floor was sooo funny!!

there is so much i cant remember it all im scared im gonna 4get things. It went so quick, i loved every minute of it!! Even standing in that cold rain 4 2hours everything and everyone was amazing!!! I managed to lose my mika silver foil!! think it ended up somewhere on the party floor.

My mouth is hurting cos i havent stopped grinning!!! I have to pop out ill catch up with u in a hour or so!!

:biggrin2: me grinning!!!

Yeh I dont think that banner on the door could be much bigger!:biggrin2:

Regarding the members that were refused enrty, I feel I must speak out. They WERE very drunk, but that wasn't the sole reason for refusal. a number of the group were abusive to some of the students in the University bar..this was reported by the students to security in the bar which was then communicated to security on the door. To be honest they were not doing themselves any favours and the security were correct in refusing them as they had thousands of other people to think about.

Yes it is sad that they did not get to see the gig but you can NOT go around in a drunken state being abusive to people and hope to get away with it.

Perhaps this is a lesson learnt for future gigs?!

thats absolute rubbish, i was refused entry as was my friend for apparantly being drunk along with all the others! however after sobbing for nearly an hour the security man let me in and said that i wasn't drunk and that i wasnt rude etc, i even made him go to the bar and check what i ordered, which was 2pints!! i was even talking to the bar staff and having a joke, we spoke to most ppl in the bar most of whom were mika fans! so to say that we were very drunk and abusive is a lie, nobody was abusive to any students, i never opened my mouth to argue, shout or anything, hence the reason why they let me in after listening to my story. And another thing when i spoke to mika about it he said what do you class as drunk then as i was fine and the bouncer said no that was a total mix up with the student union and us, which is bull sh*t. :mad:

thats absolute rubbish, i was refused entry as was my friend for apparantly being drunk along with all the others! however after sobbing for nearly an hour the security man let me in and said that i wasn't drunk and that i wasnt rude etc, i even made him go to the bar and check what i ordered, which was 2pints!! i was even talking to the bar staff and having a joke, we spoke to most ppl in the bar most of whom were mika fans! so to say that we were very drunk and abusive is a lie, nobody was abusive to any students, i never opened my mouth to argue, shout or anything, hence the reason why they let me in after listening to my story. And another thing when i spoke to mika about it he said what do you class as drunk then as i was fine and the bouncer said no that was a total mix up with the student union and us, which is bull sh*t. :mad:

it all sounds so ridiculous and pointless:blink:

I agree , nobody was abusive to any students and we were not VERY drunk ....

No I still need to sort that .... :shocked: ...where did you get one?

The Comfort Inn, down the road from the Bullring, which isn't far from the Academy. I drove round there Last Friday when I had a run to Birmingham, to get my bearings.

Its soo easy to find the Carling academy though you cant miss it :biggrin2: Me and my sister are parking in the NCP carpark 2minutes away from the venue..

you just watch this my famous last words as i probably will get lost in Birmingham :naughty:

Its soo easy to find the Carling academy though you cant miss it :biggrin2: Me and my sister are parking in the NCP carpark 2minutes away from the venue..

you just watch this my famous last words as i probably will get lost in Birmingham :naughty:

The one opposite the Academy? THe NCP Albert Street I think it is?

there is a question in my mind...i know it will sound odd and not so popular, but....

WHY DO YOU DRINK? running the risk of having problems of some sort?

i don't need an answer, i'm just wondering by myself....:boxed:

oh i have londonderry road NPC car park written down:blink:

ok so right away im off to a bad start LOL

Oh..I'm not even sure where that is. But I don't drive so i'm not really in check with car parks. Where did you find that one? on a map?

EDIT: actually Ithink Londonderry is the closest according to the Academy website.. I'll check it out if I go inton town before Thursday

Have you got a pic of them??? Lucky you! But i'm so annoyed that you didn't get in! :sneaky2:

Hi.

I went to Leeds with my daughter and we got there VERY early so we walked round in the rain to get our bearings. We heard 'one, two, one two' so headed towards the sound and realised that it was a sound check. we crept up the fire escape and found a spot where we could squint in. We heard the band that supported and then Mika's band singing without him, then he joined in and we heard a snatch of Want You Back. I knew from this site that there wasn't a support band in Brighton on Friday but Mika did that Jackson 5 number.

Suddenly they did a burst of Love Today and several students appeared from no-where, jostling round the fire door so security came and shut it. But we had had our first glimpse. Then we went down to the student union bar. It was pouring down so we weren't in a hurry to carry on finding our way round.

A group of peoplecame in, dressed up, boisterous and cheerful. When I heard the accent I asked if I was speaking to Freddie's Double. All very exciting so we went for a drink with them.

(more in a min)

So we had drinks and admired Andi's shoes. Robertina, they are just beautiful and so suitable for a Mika gig. So there was Andi and her husband, Freddie's double Kata and another girl dressed up. Then Hannah-Spanner and her friend joined us. We took picture and talked. They had been drinking and carried on but I got twitchy as I thought the doors would open at 7 and, even in the rain, the queue was huge. We all went to look but decided to wait till the doors opened. I stayed near the S.U. doors but Freddie and friends went back to the bar and the noise was fairly loud. I can imagine security people sending messages to warn the staff at the Refectory. In the end the doors opened nearer 7:30 and I went to join the back of the queue. I assumed that Freddie etc had got in before us, by meeting up with Tia perhaps.

It was mad, people were dropping their brollies outside like so much rubbish. The best thing for me was that I swiped the flyer off the door which said that Mika WAS supported by Pull Tiger Tail. I don't know if you've followed any of my posts but I don't like music the first time I hear it and I had been learning the PTT songs. It turned out to be time VERY well spent.

There was a huge queue for the toilets and cloakroon but buying a tee shirt wasn't too bad, although their idea of large is pretty jolly small to my eye. It was all cash and no receipts so I don't know how you could exchange.

(more.....)