meimei88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed.

I'm watching the rerun of The Sunday Night Project with Lily and he's getting all the close ups going in and out of the commercials.

Just one thing I noticed, the whole time he's playing you can see he's itching to jump around, like he did while playing for Mika. But it looks like he catches himself and pulls back, and it's such a shame, as he always seemed to love running around and playing to the crowd. I don't think he'll be able to do that at Lilys gigs, the crowd won't be the same.

I'm not saying he's not enjoying playing for her, just that he looks awkward in relation to the other three guys playing.

I thought that it was totally the opposite: that he looked very happy and relaxed, and that there seemed to be good chemistry between them. Mind you, there was always great chemistry between him and Mika, and it will take a while to build up to a good level with a new person, but for what I can see he's enjoying it.

Of course you can't compare playing for someone who is already 'big', than the way the band were with Mika, playing with him when he was not known yet.....The dynamics of their relationship will always be different that way.

Also the fact that Lily is a girl, and young, and he may want to keep his distance for obvious reasons :naughty:.

I really wouldn't be jumping to those sort of conclusions :roftl:

I thought that it was totally the opposite: that he looked very happy and relaxed, and that there seemed to be good chemistry between them. Mind you, there was always great chemistry between him and Mika, and it will take a while to build up to a good level with a new person, but for what I can see he's enjoying it.

Of course you can't compare playing for someone who is already 'big', than the way the band were with Mika, playing with him when he was not known yet.....The dynamics of their relationship will always be different that way.

Also the fact that Lily is a girl, and young, and he may want to keep his distance for obvious reasons :naughty:.

I really wouldn't be jumping to those sort of conclusions :roftl:

rose said:

"I'm not saying he's not enjoying playing for her"

that wasn't my feeling too,but he is just cool,play and that's all(he's job,ok)..

btw,you're right,it takes time to have strong realtionship :wink2:

rose said:

"I'm not saying he's not enjoying playing for her"

that wasn't my feeling too,but he is just cool,play and that's all(he's job,ok)..

btw,you're right,it takes time to have strong realtionship :wink2:

Yes :wink2:, but what I am trying to say is that I don't think that he looks ackward at all, just that he seems to be enjoying it a lot.

Yes :wink2:, but what I am trying to say is that I don't think that he looks ackward at all, just that he seems to be enjoying it a lot.

enjoy it ok,but don't move often,and a little solidifies,statics(do you use in english those words..i don't know sorry)..

:bye: sara,i go to sleep....

Edited by FOUCHONNERET

enjoy it ok,but don't move often,and a little solidifies,statics(do you use in english those words..idon't know sorry)..

:bye: sara,i go to sleep....

I know what you mean, yes, and he does move less than with Mika, but in my opinion he is not 'having less fun' or anything like that. They are just different styles, that's all (Mika and Lily) :punk:

Good night! :bye:

I find it sad that Martin has moved on from Mika but only in the sense that I am being reminded that the band is not what it was the last time I saw Mika on Feb 28. Unfortunately the disbandment was underway with Luke's dismissal a long time ago. :thumbdown:

I'll be seeing Martin again before Mika so I guess I won't "miss" him in that sense. It's more Mika's loss than mine or Martin's.

To the first bit: I agree. He is looking good and very comfortable. Somehow it's just all looking like 'the end of an era'.

I really hope for Mika's sake that (if) now that Luke and Martin are gone, he just gets a fresh new band. :wink2: I don't mind Cherisse, but the other two muppets are not my cup of tea at all, and now that he lost the good ones...well, probably time for a radical change and for a nice new band, IMO!

To the chickeny bit: girl, how dirty are you? :roftl:

I think they need to go with a new band... it sucks that he's constantly replacing them...

I wouldn't care too much if he replaced Sara, Sam or the keyboards guy... I have absolutely no attachment to them cause I didn't see them live... Martin, Luke, Mikey and Cherisse I do...

How dirty am I? I can turn a lot if things dirty... I think dirty... I write dirty fan fics... when I talk about Adam Clayton I usually add :das: to the end of a sentence... answering your question? :naughty:

Indeed.

I'm watching the rerun of The Sunday Night Project with Lily and he's getting all the close ups going in and out of the commercials.

Just one thing I noticed, the whole time he's playing you can see he's itching to jump around, like he did while playing for Mika. But it looks like he catches himself and pulls back, and it's such a shame, as he always seemed to love running around and playing to the crowd. I don't think he'll be able to do that at Lilys gigs, the crowd won't be the same.

I'm not saying he's not enjoying playing for her, just that he looks awkward in relation to the other three guys playing.

It was different seeing him standing still... but from what I've heard of Lily's music, it's not really "jump around like an idiot" music like Mikas...

What I find strange is that there's very little band interaction...

I find it sad that Martin has moved on from Mika but only in the sense that I am being reminded that the band is not what it was the last time I saw Mika on Feb 28. Unfortunately the disbandment was underway with Luke's dismissal a long time ago.

I'll be seeing Martin again before Mika so I guess I won't "miss" him in that sense. It's more Mika's loss than mine or Martin's.

It sure is Mika's loss... I'll miss Martin...

I don't like my chances of going to see Lily, now that I'm not getting much work... hopefully I'll be able to find something more permanent and go to concerts (I don't care what, as long as I get a lot of hours)...

I was watching "Ellen" today and when it got to the musical guest performance, Lily Allen was on. But (quite obviously), guess who I noticed? :mf_rosetinted:

Martin! Duh. :doh::naughty:

As I was watching the performance, I was thinking, "it's Marrrrrrrtin!". :naughty:

Oooooooh! Thanks for hte heads up... will have to watch Ellen over hte next few days to spot him...

I find it sad that Martin has moved on from Mika but only in the sense that I am being reminded that the band is not what it was the last time I saw Mika on Feb 28. Unfortunately the disbandment was underway with Luke's dismissal a long time ago. :thumbdown:

I feel a million miles out of the loop here.

Are you assuming - or do you know - that Martin won't be playing with Mika again?

Are you assuming - or do you know - that Martin won't be playing with Mika again?

I'm assuming. Soaring Simpson was saying that Martin played on Lily Allen's album and at the moment he's touring and promoting with her. She's got dates running into May so it seems unlikely he'll be touring with Mika IMO.

Guess we'll know for sure when Mika starts touring.

Assuming, but as Christine said, he's performing more and more with Lily nowadays...

I'm assuming. Soaring Simpson was saying that Martin played on Lily Allen's album and at the moment he's touring and promoting with her. She's got dates running into May so it seems unlikely he'll be touring with Mika IMO.

Guess we'll know for sure when Mika starts touring.

It will be a pleasant surprise if he does go back to Meeks...

As long as he makes it to Oz and I get to have a picture with him... :wub2:

@ the gig rig site Martin is still listed as guitarist for both Lily and Mika :)

http://www.thegigrig.com/

TheGigRig goes NO.1... Again!!!!

Yep, Lilly Allen's no.1 hit "The Fear" was performed on 'Friday Night with Jonathan Ross' featuring the amazing Martin Waugh on guitar. At his feet his pedal board uses The Gig Rig MIDI-8 to control his pedals and amps, and he sounds FANTASIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rD6TVjwVk8

Assuming, but as Christine said, he's performing more and more with Lily nowadays...

It will be a pleasant surprise if he does go back to Meeks...

As long as he makes it to Oz and I get to have a picture with him... :wub2:

Totally! My favourite band member. (Dithered there whether to say he is or he was, but copped out.) I have no idea who the gig rig are, but hope they're up to date.

@ the gig rig site Martin is still listed as guitarist for both Lily and Mika :)

http://www.thegigrig.com/

TheGigRig goes NO.1... Again!!!!

Yep, Lilly Allen's no.1 hit "The Fear" was performed on 'Friday Night with Jonathan Ross' featuring the amazing Martin Waugh on guitar. At his feet his pedal board uses The Gig Rig MIDI-8 to control his pedals and amps, and he sounds FANTASIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rD6TVjwVk8

Ooooooooh... interesting... though doesn't help us find out if he's with her or him... Thanks for posting Margaret!

And Martin sure is amazing!

Totally! My favourite band member. (Dithered there whether to say he is or he was, but copped out.) I have no idea who the gig rig are, but hope they're up to date.

He's defo my favourite... that Scottish accent is gorgeous! :das:

He's very closely followed by Cherisse... cause who doesn't love a girl drummer? :naughty:

See? Great minds think alike!

Lily is set to appear on Aussie tv tonight and tomorrow... tonight she's going to be on Rove (the same program Mika appeared on in 2007... with Martin), and tomorrow on So You Think You Can Dance Australia...

I'll be watching both to see if Martin makes it on, nad will you you know!

Okies, no Martin on Rove (cause Lily didn't perform), but it is defo a live performance tonight on So You Think You Can Dance... hope he's there!

So? Was he?

Nico, you are slacking off and failing us as a reporter :roftl: