• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So? Was he?

Nico, you are slacking off and failing us as a reporter :roftl:

Ooooh... oops! :blush-anim-cl:

Sorry... I've been a very slack little Martin fangirl... :naughty:

It was indeed (as you've seen from the video)... the camera was obviously too far away to get a very clear shot, it was him... I could definitely tell it was towards the end of the song...

Mum asked if I could tell cause of his hairline :naughty:... it stood out ot her for some reason...

And yes, I did jump around like a fangirl when I realised it was probably him... and it didn't help that I was already hyped up for U2... but that's another story....

Soooo... Martin's made it back to Oz... and will very likely make it back here in June when she tours here (which I won't be going to, cause I refuse to go to all ages gigs at the Hordern Pavillion in Sydney... They suck!).. Kelzy, soangel and deconstruction are going to the gig in Melbourne, so I'll have to ask them to stalk Martin there and if we don't have a definitive answer from team Mika, then I'll get them to ask if he's going back to him or not...

Soooo... Martin's made it back to Oz... and will very likely make it back here in June when she tours here (which I won't be going to, cause I refuse to go to all ages gigs at the Hordern Pavillion in Sydney... They suck!).. Kelzy, soangel and deconstruction are going to the gig in Melbourne, so I'll have to ask them to stalk Martin there and if we don't have a definitive answer from team Mika, then I'll get them to ask if he's going back to him or not...

I should hope that by June we will know exactly who Mika's guitarist is and we won't have to make inquiries with Lily Allen's guitarist. I know Mika is a little slow moving but jeez June is halfway through 2009. How much longer can he faff around? :roftl:

I should hope that by June we will know exactly who Mika's guitarist is and we won't have to make inquiries with Lily Allen's guitarist. I know Mika is a little slow moving but jeez June is halfway through 2009. How much longer can he faff around? :roftl:

A very good question!:roftl:

Ummmmm... this IS Mika we're talking about :naughty:...

I mean, has he even properly acknowledged that Luke was fired/left of his own accord?

I like the word faff... it's cute... I shall use it now! :naughty:

I mean, has he even properly acknowledged that Luke was fired/left of his own accord?

That depends what you call proper acknowledgement. I think at least one MFCer had a discussion with him although I doubt much information was forthcoming.

I think this changing of musicians is perfectly normal. Lily Allen had a different guitarist to support her first album and she will probably have another for the next album.

Considering that "Mika" is not a band, I think fans have had extraordinary interaction with his musicians and he probably didn't expect to have to address it publicly.

I'm thinking a lot of people learned a lesson here and many won't be getting attached to new band members.

Considering that "Mika" is not a band, I think fans have had extraordinary interaction with his musicians and he probably didn't expect to have to address it publicly.

I'm thinking a lot of people learned a lesson here and many won't be getting attached to new band members.

sadly,you're right:shocked:

i was thinking that mika was a band at first....in my depend:thumbdown:

I think this changing of musicians is perfectly normal.

that's right.

and also i hope Mika learned a lesson and won't let his musicians to have that much interacion with his fans,he put them under the spotlight in the first place! he better keep them faceless this time.

that's right.

and also i hope Mika learned a lesson and won't let his musicians to have that much interacion with his fans,he put them under the spotlight in the first place! he better keep them faceless this time.

How would that happen, I mean it's not exactly Mika's decision….:wink2:

I've always said that, ultimately, it's Mika's fault/responsability that fans got so attached to the band. He has put the band out there at the forefront of the show, spoken about them, included them in everything...

I mean, come on, even recently he posted a vlog where he is sledging with Luke as if they are great buddies, after Luke had looong been booted off the band (and if that alone wasn't odd enough under the circumstances, let's remember the post-Luke-departure drama cum meltdown on MFC when that happened. The Lukegate was quite something :roftl:)

Perhaps now, after all these headaches, he will take a diffferent direction and use a more 'impersonal' band, just a few hired musicians for a tour and that's it, not people with whom he has a relationship with, but until now it's been the opposite, so he is IMO a big factor in this whole 'fans loving the band' scenario.

That depends what you call proper acknowledgement. I think at least one MFCer had a discussion with him although I doubt much information was forthcoming.

I think this changing of musicians is perfectly normal. Lily Allen had a different guitarist to support her first album and she will probably have another for the next album.

I guess that would be some sort of acknowledgement... not what I would call proper though...

I agree that it is normal to change musicians, but considering the attachment the fans have to Mika's musicians it seems a bit soon to be getting rid of someone that quickly... then again, Mika is the first singer I've been a real fan of, so I'm not used to band members changing and I'm not really used to it...

I won't be getting attached to any of the band members again...

I've always said that, ultimately, it's Mika's fault/responsability that fans got so attached to the band. He has put the band out there at the forefront of the show, spoken about them, included them in everything...

I mean, come on, even recently he posted a vlog where he is sledging with Luke as if they are great buddies, after Luke had looong been booted off the band (and if that alone wasn't odd enough under the circumstances, let's remember the post-Luke-departure drama cum meltdown on MFC when that happened. The Lukegate was quite something :roftl:)

Perhaps now, after all these headaches, he will take a diffferent direction and use a more 'impersonal' band, just a few hired musicians for a tour and that's it, not people with whom he has a relationship with, but until now it's been the opposite, so he is IMO a big factor in this whole 'fans loving the band' scenario.

With this whole Martin playing with Lily thing (:das:), I have found it very strange that there is little interaction between Lily nad her band and Mika and his... I know that Mika's the weirdo and interacting with his band, but I find it so strange to see The band as actually being treated as just that... people to play the music, not like it's Mika the band (if that makes sense)...

If you look at other bands, the singer has a fair bit of interaction with band members (Okay, so I'm thinking of U2 in particular here!), and then you look at Mika and he has that same kind of interaction with his band, even though they're only paid to play the music...

I think for his own sake (and to not piss the fans off too much), he's better off not getting too interactive with the band... I don't think I would be half as much interested in Martin if Mika practically ignored him... He'd just be the guitarist...

well he could lock them up and avoid them meeting with fans after gigs :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked::roftl:

i don't what that,sorry...i love interaction with the band and mika and us....

yes,it's difficult afterwhen someone left,but it's just life:wink2:

and U2 isn't mika,bono is a singer of a band;mika is mika,not a band....:wink2:

no?

I suppose having the band become so friendly and interactive with us (the fans) was a mixed blessing. When he didn't appear after gigs but they did, it gave us a good feeling. Having them around at meet and greets meant there were more people and it spread the load when fans were clamouring. And I think it's clear that Mika himself formed a very strong bond with them. I know I don't feel attached to Sara or the Luke-replacement, David, in the same way.

Having Luke on the winter vlog was strange indeed, yet nice. Well, I liked it anyway. I hope hope hope that some of the band members are available for the next tour. Mikey is the muical director isn't he? Or was that just a temporary post for the last tour? Oh, there's so much we just don't know.......

With this whole Martin playing with Lily thing (:das:), I have found it very strange that there is little interaction between Lily nad her band and Mika and his... I know that Mika's the weirdo and interacting with his band, but I find it so strange to see The band as actually being treated as just that... people to play the music, not like it's Mika the band (if that makes sense)...

I think for his own sake (and to not piss the fans off too much), he's better off not getting too interactive with the band... I don't think I would be half as much interested in Martin if Mika practically ignored him... He'd just be the guitarist...

I think it is in Mika's make up to form strong relationships with people around him. Especially on tour, they are together so much it's not enough just to have a professional working relationship. I think.

Edited by Ruth

i don't what that,sorry...i love interaction with the band and mika and us....

yes,it's difficult afterwhen someone left,but it's just life:wink2:

and U2 isn't mika,bono is a singer of a band;mika is mika,not a band....:wink2:

no?

But...:roftl: What do U2 and Bono have to do with this?

I suppose having the band become so friendly and interactive with us (the fans) was a mixed blessing. When he didn't appear after gigs but they did, it gave us a good feeling. Having them around at meet and greets meant there were more people and it spread the load when fans were clamouring. And I think it's clear that Mika himself formed a very strong bond with them. I know I don't feel attached to Sara or the Luke-replacement, David, in the same way.

Having Luke on the winter vlog was strange indeed, yet nice. Well, I liked it anyway. I hope hope hope that some of the band members are available for the next tour. Mikey is the muical director isn't he? Or was that just a temporary post for the last tour? Oh, there's so much we just don't know.......

I think it is in Mika's make up to form strong relationships with people around him. Especially on tour, they are together so much it's not enough just to have a professional working relationship. I think.

As far as I have been told (bored crew members can get quite chatty while waiting for hours before and after shows :naughty:), he used to be the musical director, but is not anymore :thumb_yello:.

I understand that by the Paris gig he had already been replaced as MD and was only playing bass again.

In fact, this would tie with the fact that in the DVD credits they list a different person as the MD.

As far as I have been told (bored crew members can get quite chatty while waiting for hours before and after shows :naughty:), he used to be the musical director, but is not anymore :thumb_yello:.

I understand that by the Paris gig he had already been replaced as MD and was only playing bass again.

In fact, this would tie with the fact that in the DVD credits they list a different person as the MD.

Is that where the info comes from?

I absolutely hadn't read the dvd credits. I am such a bad fan :doon: :(

and U2 isn't mika,bono is a singer of a band;mika is mika,not a band....

I was simply pointing out that the way Mika interacts with the band is like how Bono interacts with his bandmates... there's a big difference to how a singer interacts with the backing band to how a band interacts, and I was highlighting that he's more like a band than just a singer...

From what I've seen, most singers don't have as much interaction with their band, and I was pointing out that it was strange that he does...

I suppose you're right, though it still seems strange...

But...:roftl: What do U2 and Bono have to do with this?

*points to first answer*

Sort of relating to how close Mika is to the band...

Edited by nico_collard

Flippin' heck. You bolded my sentence and it had a typo!!!!

:lmfao: Sorry Ruth, I didn't even realise, haha! :roftl:.

I was simply pointing out that the way Mika interacts with the band is like how Bono interacts with his bandmates... there's a big difference to how a singer interacts with the backing band to how a band interacts, and I was highlighting that he's more like a band than just a singer...

From what I've seen, most singers don't have as much interaction with their band, and I was pointing out that it was strange that he does...

Oh, yes, I agree 100%, and this is why I've always said that it's really Mika's 'fault' how close people got to his band.

The type of interaction and relationships that he established with them were more like a 'band' acts than how a singer acts with their band, and that was exactly how I meant that. He also put footage of him going around shopping and mucking about with his band on his DVD- Surely all this makes them all appear like 'one, big, happy family' rather than the usual singer/band divide.

Oh, and not to mention how he's always gone on in interviews about hand picking his band, etc etc...

I do get the feeling as well that next time around things will be very different.

Oh, yes, I agree 100%, and this is why I've always said that it's really Mika's 'fault' how close people got to his band.

The type of interaction and relationships that he established with them were more like a 'band' acts than how a singer acts with their band, and that was exactly how I meant that. He also put footage of him going around shopping and mucking about with his band on his DVD- Surely all this makes them all appear like 'one, big, happy family' rather than the usual singer/band divide.

Oh, and not to mention how he's always gone on in interviews about hand picking his band, etc etc...

I do get the feeling as well that next time around things will be very different.

Okay, I have nothing to really add, but you explained it so much better than what I tried to do... especially with the interaction bit...

This got me to thinking about Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. I'm not sure how it started with them, but Bruce, as far as I know was a solo singer and they were his backing band. But for years, they were together, played all over the world and people identify with them as being a whole band, but it's not the case, as if you look at the records it's only Bruces name on the cover. And they had a great rapport, much like Mika has with this band.

In fact, I think some of them still play with him, I know Little Stevie does.

So maybe, Mika wants to make his own "E Street Band":naughty: