They cancelled their show in Amsterdam last minute :boxed:

12 Mar 2009, 20:39

Subject: March 12th Amsterdam appearance rescheduled for May 29th

Body: Due to unforseen circumstances we have been forced to postpone tonight's show at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam, NL.

The show has been rescheduled for May 29, 2009. All tickets will be honored. We are looking forward to playing the show.

Anyone knows what happened? I hope noone from the MFC was going :blink:

They cancelled their show in Amsterdam last minute :boxed:

12 Mar 2009, 20:39

Subject: March 12th Amsterdam appearance rescheduled for May 29th

Body: Due to unforseen circumstances we have been forced to postpone tonight's show at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam, NL.

The show has been rescheduled for May 29, 2009. All tickets will be honored. We are looking forward to playing the show.

Anyone knows what happened? I hope noone from the MFC was going :blink:

Oh no! I hope it's nothing to worry about :boxed: Thanks for the update Niki.

I'm pretty sure babz was going to see them, hope she lives locally..

Oh no! I hope it's nothing to worry about :boxed: Thanks for the update Niki.

I'm pretty sure babz was going to see them, hope she lives locally..

Yeah Babs lives 20' away from the center or something.

There was a bomb threat in the area earlier this afternoon so they had to evacuate it. Seems like the boys were already soundchecking when it happened.

The authorities decided to cancel the show for more safety.

Holly ****, I didn't think such a thing could happen in A'dam of all places :(

Yups the police received an anonymous call last night that some people wanted to bomb three stores including Mediamarkt and Ikea.

Because the tip was very detailed, they took it seriously and closed the shops.

They also evacuated the Amsterdam Arena and Heineken Music Hall to be safe.

They arrested 7 people and believe the threat is over now, they're still investigating though.

Apparently one of the people arrested is a relative of one of the Madrid suicide bombers.

Anyway, the concert will be rescheduled for May 29th (if I remember correctly).

That bomb affair is awful:boxed: What has this world become:thumbdown:

I've never been to this thread :blush-anim-cl:

So..I started listening to The Killers really late, I heard 'Read My Mind' last year, then I heard Human this year, looked for more songs on youtube and bought their records.. They're great:biggrin2: Though I can't say I'm a fan, I just really apreciate their work! :bleh:

They're great:biggrin2: Though I can't say I'm a fan, I just really apreciate their work! :bleh:

I would say that that is the definition of a fan! :wink2: I'm a fan of many musicians, but that doesn't mean I like them all equally or would even like to see them live. But I'm a fan. :biggrin2: The Killers are one of those few bands that I would actually like to see live. :wub2: Even though it's only their music that I like about them... I have bigger favorites, actually. I'm a super fan of them. :mf_rosetinted:

I would say that that is the definition of a fan! :wink2: I'm a fan of many musicians, but that doesn't mean I like them all equally or would even like to see them live. But I'm a fan. :biggrin2 The Killers are one of those few bands that I would actually like to see live. :wub2 Even though it's only their music that I like about them... I have bigger favorites, actually. I'm a super fan of them. :mf_rosetinted

Oh.:roftl::blush-anim-cl:

Yes, I wold love to see The Killers live too:wub2: I don't know anything about them, and I don't know anything about Coldplay for example, and I wold love to see them live..

Sometimes I think to be a fan you have to know all the facts etc:naughty::blush-anim-cl: But I see I was wrong:sweatdrop:

Then as you, I'm a fan of many bands and artists!

Yeah I was indeed going to the cancelled Amsterdam gig, me and my friend were just ready to start our mad run for the front row when they anounced it was cancelled, literally at the second the doors would've opened! Of course I was a bit sad but they rescheduled it thankfully, and I live only 20 minutes from the venue so it wasn't that horrible, but I felt SO sorry for all the people who had come from abroad for that gig!

ohhhh sorry for you all.....

I saw them at War Chid Gig on Feb 18 th and I can't wait to see them again..... I couldn't go to the Paris gig tonight but I'll be at Pinkpop Festival.... someone here coming too???? (except Niki....:wink2:)....

ohhhh sorry for you all.....

I saw them at War Chid Gig on Feb 18 th and I can't wait to see them again..... I couldn't go to the Paris gig tonight but I'll be at Pinkpop Festival.... someone here coming too???? (except Niki....:wink2:)....

I was trying so hard to get tickets for the War Child gig. The Killers, Coldplay and Bono in the same place.. You're a lucky lucky person :wink2:

Yes I know, it was the best gig I've been to! It will be impossible to see them in such a small venue again.... And I was lucky enough to meet Brandon after the show and have a picture with him....

I've posted some pics in the Coldplay thread.....

Edited by chopotte

Yes I know, it was the best gig I've been to! It will be impossible to see them in such a small venue again.... And I was lucky enough to meet Brandon after the show and have a picture with him....

I've posted some pics in the Coldplay thread.....

That sounds fantastic! Congrats!

I wouldn't say impossible. Possibilities are endless :biggrin2:

*subscribes*

Love them! I listen to their songs almost every day lately and just bought 2 posters :wub2:

They're coming in my town soon! Yay!

I don't think I have a favourite song, do you guys have one?

*subscribes*

Love them! I listen to their songs almost every day lately and just bought 2 posters :wub2:

For reasons unknown- Somebody told me- Mr.Brightside

*subscribes*

Spaceman, Human, Mr Brightside, Read my mind, All these things that i've done, Sweet Talk, Somebody told me.

After last gig - Jenny Was a Friend of Mine :wub2:

Somebody Told Me, Sweet Talk, Tidal Wave, Spaceman, It's your Life, I Can't Stay. Ok, I could go on and on, yep, can't pick just one :naughty:

That is a great song especially live!:thumb_yello: