Oh my gosh!!! My friend Claire just got a text mesage from Benji! :-O He kept her number sinne Claire gave it to her at the show we went it.

His text said that he was going to be in Missouri on the 19th and he was wondering if she would be in town that day. Haha...he doesn't even know we are going to the show the next day. This is bizarre! He must have really liked her to keep her number! LOL

Oh my gosh!!! My friend Claire just got a text mesage from Benji! :-O He kept her number sinne Claire gave it to her at the show we went it.

His text said that he was going to be in Missouri on the 19th and he was wondering if she would be in town that day. Haha...he doesn't even know we are going to the show the next day. This is bizarre! He must have really liked her to keep her number! LOL

:shocked:

What did I tell you? I'm sure he's not very successful. She must have turned down his proposal in a very friendly way and he remembered her: "This one didn't slap me". :roftl:

LOL well he said he was really bummed that they didn't get to hang out longer in Chicago...which is funny, because we left the bar instead of spending more time with him. We thought he would be mad at Claire for not staying!

But he is texting her now saying he wants to meet up and hang out. And he said "xo" to her...lol he loves Claire. ;) hahahaha.

Saw Brandon's show last night and I already wrote up a review!

Kenton, Claire, and I arrived at the venue, Liberty Hall, around 1pm. There were only about 15 people in the line thus far, so that was good news to us immediately. The weather was very nice when we arrived, but as time went on it got quite a bit cloudier so it gradually got colder. Even still, lining up was still much better than our last time seeing Brandon when we were in scorching heat and dehydrated!

The waiting wasn't too bad. Thankfully, there were a lot of places to eat and places to use the restroom. We were let into the venue ten minutes until 7pm, which was nice because we were all ready to get out of the cold. We went straight to the front and were the the left a little bit against the barricade.

Fran Healy came out right around 8pm and his set was fantastic! He was witty and talkative throughout the whole set. He told several stories and talked to the crowd between the songs. Fran also dedicated "Dear Diary" to a nine year old girl that was standing next to me. It was cute. :)

I loved hearing Writing to Reach You. I have loved Travis since around 2001 and I have never had the opprtunity to see Travis or Fran live until now. It was a huge treat getting to see him and I only wished he could have performed a little bit of a longer set.

Brandon came on around 9:20pm (I think). Everyone was so ready for him to come out. I was so excited that I basically lost my voice by the third song. Hearing Crossfire live for myself again was a blast....can't get enough of that song live!

Brandon was in top form throughout the whole show. He really seemed to be enjoying the crowd, especially during Crossfire as he was smiling huge smiles when hearing the crowd sing back to him. Later in the night when he signed things for all of us he said that we were a great crowd and that it was a lot of fun, which was great to hear.

In comparison with the last time I saw Brandon (August 23rd), the show was ten times better, IMO. The stage was much more elaborate and fun to see (loved the background lights) and the band seemed air tight with their performance. Plus, for me personally, it was fun to hear the songs and to actually know them this time as opposed to the last time when I only knew Crossfire and Better Davis Eyes, of course.

After the show, we heard from some other fans that a little boy named Owen (I think he was seven years old) was removed from the general admission area and moved to the balcony because he was upsetting the other concert-goers with the amount of space he was taking up, I guess. All of us were completely outraged by this because GA means it is first come, first serve and that every ticket-buyer has an equal opportunity to be where they want. It was unfortunate that it happened, but it was the boy's dream to see Brandon and to meet him, too.

So basically, my husband and I and the group we were hanging out with got on a mission to ensure that Owen met Brandon. My husband, Kenton, went around to talk to several of Brandon's staff people to tell them what happened and to see if Brandon would make it a point to meet Owen. Eventually, Brandon came out and all of us said, "Brandon, meet him first!" and he did. Brandon shook Owen's hand, signed his things, and took a picture with him. It was perfect! And we all were so glad that Owen's experience was a good one and that hopefully the people that were being nasty to him and his family earlier was not a consideration anymore.

Benji ended up approaching Claire again and he invited her into the bus. She said she wouldn't mind hanging out with him and the group, but he made it clear he was wanting "more." She already told him she had a boyfriend, so we were shocked that he was still trying to pursue her that way. I guess he is persistent. :-|

I was able to talk to Brandon for a few moments -- I told him how much I loved Sam's Town and what it means to me. He didn't really respond, he was just kind of like, "Oh...ok." lolol :)

Thanks for your report! :thumb_yello:

I'm happy the show is getting better. The songs have great potential! :biggrin2:

Pity your friend has found a stalker! :doh: He seems a bit dumb, actually. :naughty:

BTW When is Brandon's third baby due? :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, they do have such potential! I think Brandon is giving 100% each show, which is certainly a huge reason the shows are getting better!

Yeah, Benji has some nerve. He really made Claire feel bad...she didn't like how he was trying to use her.

I can't remember when the baby is due. I would have thought winter.

Hi Amanda!:bye:

Owen: :thumb_yello:

I think the show is improving more and more because now it's quite run-in, the last shows are undoubtedly the best ones!:wink2:

Benji: :shocked::lmfao:

I think Claire should introduce her boyfriend to him :naughty:

Oh, I agree! I wonder if Brandon will be sad to end the tour. It has been such a fun time, although I will be glad to see the boys back together soon!

Haha, yes, Claire should do that. Actually, Claire it dating my brother and my brother is a physical trainer (i.e. he is one tough guy!)

Haha, yeah poor Benji. He ended up inviting Claire back to his tour bus for drinks and was shocked when she said she wouldn't go because it was so cold out. He said, "So you're going to stay out here...." And she said, "Yep!"

Get the picture, Benji??? She doesn't want you or your warm bus! lolol :)

Haha, yeah poor Benji. He ended up inviting Claire back to his tour bus for drinks and was shocked when she said she wouldn't go because it was so cold out. He said, "So you're going to stay out here...." And she said, "Yep!"

Get the picture, Benji??? She doesn't want you or your warm bus! lolol :)

Well, I can think of two reasons to explain his behaviour. Either he always manages to get what he wants and he doesn't accept a no, or he's starving. :naughty:

Anyway I really don't see why you should be sure that people want to sleep with you just because you are a musician. I mean, are there so many girls willing to accept such a proposal? :boxed:

I'm glad there are girls like your friend Claire around! :thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...