2007 - Mika Birmingham Carling Academy 17th May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Look I really wanna be a part of the team, but I'm not gonna wear a pink top okay :blush-anim-cl: I'm all for lollipops and flashing hearts and wands and whatnot, but I decide my own clothes...sorry for eh...hope I can still be in :emot-sad:

of course, no worries, let's forget the idea of same colouered tops

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wonder what time is a good time to start queue up to get into the venue LOL

You can never tell with the Academy... When we saw Lily Allen there last year it was freezing cold and we presumed people wouldn't be queing till quite late because no one would be stupid enough to stand in -3 degrees for more than a few hours. BUT we went early and planned to go shopping for a bit first (this was at 1pm) and there were already some people waiting!!!! about 15 of them :S which in the Academy is the length of the stage :S

You can never tell with the Academy... When we saw Lily Allen there last year it was freezing cold and we presumed people wouldn't be queing till quite late because no one would be stupid enough to stand in -3 degrees for more than a few hours. BUT we went early and planned to go shopping for a bit first (this was at 1pm) and there were already some people waiting!!!! about 15 of them :S which in the Academy is the length of the stage :S

the doors open at 7? you canjudge this much better than we can, need to be there early to get to the front though

Ive never been to the Academy before so i dont know what to expect from it you see

but at least in may the weather should be fine :thumb_yello:

but at least in may the weather should be fine :thumb_yello:

True - but that also means people will be more likely to start queuing earlier!

Ah well we'll soon find out. I'll just get there about lunch time and if any actually gets there i'll try and hold down the fort until you lot arrive hah. I doubt people will start arriving till at least after 3.30/4pm though

When I went to see Basement Jaxx about two years ago at an outdoor gig in Bristol, people where queuing from about 5pm when the doors opened at 7pm. I suppose the weather will be a bit nicer by then (touch wood) so it won't be too bad if we get there early.

I am still on a quest to get a pair of turquoise jeans to replace my old pair, and probably made a complete fool of myself in New Look the other day asking if they were getting any in, but I'm determined to get a pair somehow, so if anyone knows anywhere that is selling any I would be incredibly grateful.

When I went to see Basement Jaxx about two years ago at an outdoor gig in Bristol, people where queuing from about 5pm when the doors opened at 7pm. I suppose the weather will be a bit nicer by then (touch wood) so it won't be too bad if we get there early.

I am still on a quest to get a pair of turquoise jeans to replace my old pair, and probably made a complete fool of myself in New Look the other day asking if they were getting any in, but I'm determined to get a pair somehow, so if anyone knows anywhere that is selling any I would be incredibly grateful.

i shall look out for you, try tk max maybe..

Are you the one that's going to london?

oh,there you are lot!:naughty: My internet connection was playing up yesterday:thumbdown:

Do I understand that we're meeting at 4p.m next to the statue of Bull? Is that near Selfridge's cause I can't remember if there's a bull there??

I will get to Birmingham around 12 p.m so I will get down to Academy around 1 p.m and check what's going on.

I can wear pink,I am going shopping on Tuesday:naughty: My New Look card is already stretched but who cares:naughty: I need a nice bag too!

What if there was two meet up places onme for those arriving early and one for those who will be later....then we can all join up ??

yeah!brilliant idea! shall the earlier one meet around 1.30 then? We could go down to Carling,have a look,then go shopping or something

What if there was two meet up places onme for those arriving early and one for those who will be later....then we can all join up ??

i think that's a brill idea, the early team can check out things first..

we'll for sure be on the late team, I might even have to drop the idea of stopping in the new forest, which i really wanted to do..

yeah!brilliant idea! shall the earlier one meet around 1.30 then? We could go down to Carling,have a look,then go shopping or something

yeah i will be in the early team we will scout out the exits of the carling academy then go for a wander around town and something to eat :thumb_yello:

great! I will see you there! same place as the late one?next to that Bull thing?

Oh,if someone is looking for a place to stay,there is a fab hotel called Nitenite

it is in the center,and it is 4 star and it's 54 pounds for a double room which is cheap for Birmingham.A lot of hotels are already booked out for the 17th and I don't understand why as it's not even weekend??

great! I will see you there! same place as the late one?next to that Bull thing?

Oh,if someone is looking for a place to stay,there is a fab hotel called Nitenite

it is in the center,and it is 4 star and it's 54 pounds for a double room which is cheap for Birmingham.A lot of hotels are already booked out for the 17th and I don't understand why as it's not even weekend??

we can only afford about £30 have you booked yours?