2007 - Mika Birmingham Carling Academy 17th May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They both look fine - The 1st one is as central as you can get really. It's about a 5 or 10 minute walk from the Academy. I don't think I've ever actually seen it in person though!

The 2nd one is quite a walk - would probably take about...20/25 mins? and is on the busiest/noisiest street in Birmingham (Thursday's student night too)

I have to find out about disabled seating ... my other half has broken his foot - he will be in plaster for 6 weeks and when we went back to the fracture clinic today they have advised that he must not put any weight on it at all for the next four weeks :thumbdown:

I suggested that if I find out about seats that perhaps my mum could be his 'carer' for the evening and have a seat with him. She was most indignant and told me she wanted to stand and dance! So looks like I'll have to sit with him (unless I make him sit on his own :boxed:)

At least it will make us easy to spot ... I'll be the one with the eejit on crutches :roftl:

I have to find out about disabled seating ... my other half has broken his foot - he will be in plaster for 6 weeks and when we went back to the fracture clinic today they have advised that he must not put any weight on it at all for the next four weeks :thumbdown:

I suggested that if I find out about seats that perhaps my mum could be his 'carer' for the evening and have a seat with him. She was most indignant and told me she wanted to stand and dance! So looks like I'll have to sit with him (unless I make him sit on his own :boxed:)

At least it will make us easy to spot ... I'll be the one with the eejit on crutches :roftl:

Isn't it all standing (apart from your mate - obviously!) I think there is a balcony level possibly disabled access to there - better view from a wheelchair position

Yes, it is all standing, but there's a tiny disabled section on the balcony for wheelchairs and chairs. But I don't want to sit down ... I want to stand :bleh:

I'm thinking maybe some sort of prop-up arrangement. What about strapping your bf to one of those appliance trolleys (like hannibal lecter):naughty: Ok not nice for your bf but it is his own fault for getting legless before the party has even started!! LOL:stretcher:

I'm thinking maybe some sort of prop-up arrangement. What about strapping your bf to one of those appliance trolleys (like hannibal lecter):naughty: Ok not nice for your bf but it is his own fault for getting legless before the party has even started!! LOL:stretcher:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I like your thinking ... but I'm in enough trouble already for not showing any sympathy! My initial response when he was rolling on the floor in agony saying, "I've broke my foot!" was, "don't be so stupid of course you haven't broken your foot. Can you move it? Yes? Well it's not broken then is it?"

Other downside is that I will have to drive there and back, so I can't have a drink either :thumbdown:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I like your thinking ... but I'm in enough trouble already for not showing any sympathy! My initial response when he was rolling on the floor in agony saying, "I've broke my foot!" was, "don't be so stupid of course you haven't broken your foot. Can you move it? Yes? Well it's not broken then is it?"

Other downside is that I will have to drive there and back, so I can't have a drink either :thumbdown:

hey.

you have been very good to me about directions, and i never came back to you, i'm sorry, i had so much to sort out and work on...tjanks, i'm still worried...

:roftl:

:naughty:

A girl after my own unsympathetic heart - anyway he's a man, it's probably only one of those insignificat breaks (us girls would struggle on with a paracetamol!:roftl: ). He should count himself lucky - I would have ranted at him about how selfish he was breaking his foot before the most important night of my life - I mean, the depths some people will go to to get our attention away from Mika!!!

:naughty:

A girl after my own unsympathetic heart - anyway he's a man, it's probably only one of those insignificat breaks (us girls would struggle on with a paracetamol!:roftl: ). He should count himself lucky - I would have ranted at him about how selfish he was breaking his foot before the most important night of my life - I mean, the depths some people will go to to get our attention away from Mika!!!

HES A MAN A MAN!!!! , yes yeassss yeassss how dareeee youuuuuu:shocked:

<drinks coffee>

Yes, it is all standing, but there's a tiny disabled section on the balcony for wheelchairs and chairs. But I don't want to sit down ... I want to stand :bleh:

It's right next to the stage!!! You get a really good view from there so It won't be too bad if you have to . It's really tiny though.

Has everyone booked the hotel yet if so where? - please tell me so I can book - a am a mother of 4 so I need to organise (it's in the job description!),. If I don't book, the hotel might run out of rooms and if I do book I might find the real party is in another hotel - arrrggggh, it's just amazing I'm not medicated to the hilt with this whole control freak thing I've got going on!! :boxed:

Cathi XX

Oh and while I'm being extremely demanding, do we know what time the meet up is yet - so I can make sure I get the right train!

Ok I'm off now to plan, in detail, Christmas (2010) :biggrin2:

Has everyone booked the hotel yet if so where? - please tell me so I can book - a am a mother of 4 so I need to organise (it's in the job description!),. If I don't book, the hotel might run out of rooms and if I do book I might find the real party is in another hotel - arrrggggh, it's just amazing I'm not medicated to the hilt with this whole control freak thing I've got going on!! :boxed:

Cathi XX

Oh and while I'm being extremely demanding, do we know what time the meet up is yet - so I can make sure I get the right train!

Ok I'm off now to plan, in detail, Christmas (2010) :biggrin2:

I booked mine 3 weeks ago,Nitenite-cheapest option in the centre,£55 for 2 people

Bumpity bump

My and my friends bought our outfits today :P We literally walked around the shops in Birmingham for about 5 hours to get them!

I'm gonna wear my purple swirly wirly lollipop top, neon pink tights with my neon pink wig, pink sparkly belt, neon pink, purple and yellow glowing face paints, huge pink eyelashes, fluffy flashing pink bunny ears (not to mention all the glow sticks and of course my flashing heart :P )

So just keep an eye out for the walking pink blob

My (male) friend is wearing a bright green wig hahahah and his bf is wearing a black afro wig too... We're gonna get some funny looks onthe taxi ride home.... :punk:

Bumpity bump

My and my friends bought our outfits today :P We literally walked around the shops in Birmingham for about 5 hours to get them!

I'm gonna wear my purple swirly wirly lollipop top, neon pink tights with my neon pink wig, pink sparkly belt, neon pink, purple and yellow glowing face paints, huge pink eyelashes, fluffy flashing pink bunny ears (not to mention all the glow sticks and of course my flashing heart :P )

So just keep an eye out for the walking pink blob

My (male) friend is wearing a bright green wig hahahah and his bf is wearing a black afro wig too... We're gonna get some funny looks onthe taxi ride home.... :punk:

I don't have a special outfit:blink: :boxed::blink: I'll look so boring:boxed: Maybe I should get at least some big eyelashes:blink: