2007 - Mika Birmingham Carling Academy 17th May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

well done!

boden is good but expensive!!

I wasn't too worried about the price, but these jeans were only £24.99 which isn't too bad.

Has anyone found a hotel for us to stay yet or have I missed the post.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had totally missed this thread :thumbdown:

I am coming to Birmingham too - please add me to the list :toot:

There will be 5 of us;

Me

Mr Max

my sister

her hubby

and my Mum!!

I also have a ticket going spare.

My sister and Mum live in Birmingham, but I will be driving over from Northampton and have to work on Thursday and Friday, so can't stay over. Also, and this is a problem to me (though everyone else in my family reckon it's not an issue). I won't be able to get there much before 6 pm :thumbdown:

As I've posted in the Academy thread we've decided it will not be fair on my mum to try to get to the front, and will also be a long time to stand without anything to lean against. So we are going to head straight up to the balcony. However I would still love to meet up with everyone at some point - what is it I need to get to make sure you will recognise us - flashing hearts?

Steph - if you are coming up to Birmingham from the South you can get off the motorway south of Birmingham and avoid Spaghetti. Which way do the route planners send you? I'll have a look at the maps and see which way I would do it and pm you a route. The problem I have is I'm not very good at driving actually in the city centre anymore - I moved away about ten years ago and it's all changed :thumbdown:

i am so worried about this way into birmingham...i'll probably arrive when the gig is finished....:mf_lustslow::thumbdown:

I wasn't too worried about the price, but these jeans were only £24.99 which isn't too bad.

Has anyone found a hotel for us to stay yet or have I missed the post.

how are you travelling, by car or train?

I hope Steph will still hold a sign up for me. Will you help her hold it high and get Mika's attention?

Aussie :insane:

hey trust you to but in....freds will help me....sure of that, mika will spot you miles away (and he;ll ignore us!!!!!!!11

Yippeeeeee dee doo daaaaaa

I'm coming to Birmingham - hubby just told me he got me tickets for my birthday. Roll on May 17th, smiling like a cheshire cat already!

Just checking though - concert is at Birmingham Carling Academy (getting confused over Barfly bit - it the same place?)

See ya all there :punk:

Cathi XX

Yippeeeeee dee doo daaaaaa

I'm coming to Birmingham - hubby just told me he got me tickets for my birthday. Roll on May 17th, smiling like a cheshire cat already!

Just checking though - concert is at Birmingham Carling Academy (getting confused over Barfly bit - it the same place?)

See ya all there :punk:

Cathi XX

Yeh welcome to the party!!!:biggrin2::punk:

Yeh welcome to the party!!!:biggrin2::punk:

Thanks I am soo excited - bringing daughter too - I am coming down on 17th in a.m. but no trains till 5.30 next morning so going to stay. what is everone else doing - staying overnight? if so where? Searching for a decent (i.e. cheap) price hotel close to the venue, any suggestions?

Thanks

Cathi

Thanks I am soo excited - bringing daughter too - I am coming down on 17th in a.m. but no trains till 5.30 next morning so going to stay. what is everone else doing - staying overnight? if so where? Searching for a decent (i.e. cheap) price hotel close to the venue, any suggestions?

Thanks

Cathi

I'm also very very very excited!!:naughty:

I'm staying in Wales, coming from Estonia:biggrin2: So can't help you:wink2:

I'm living in Wales!!! Where abouts r u staying?

Well I actually don't know. I'm staying at Mika Mad's. She's my virtual mum here:naughty: I've never met her before. If I'm not mistaken then half an hour drive from Chepstow:blink: :blink:

I'm living in Wales!!! Where abouts r u staying?

Nicole is staying here in Monmouth (South Wales). I guess that you must be from Mid/North Wales because you said you'd be coming down, is that right?

I'm sorry, but I don't know where would be good to stay because Birmingham is a complete mystery to me! (although I do know that the Barfly and the Academy aren't the same place).

There is someone here on this thread (I can't remember who) who lives in Birmingham. She should be able to advise us all about where to park/eat/meet/stay etc.

Hopefully, we'll meet you on the night!

There is someone here on this thread (I can't remember who) who lives in Birmingham. She should be able to advise us all about where to park/eat/meet/stay etc.

Hopefully, we'll meet you on the night!

Me?

Parking - Theres a car park right opposite the Academy (Not sure about the price though...)

Eat - There's a McDonalds opposite the Academy too but there are also lots of Pubs/restaurants/cafe's near by

Meet - Erm... not sure what we agreed on now whether it was Selfridges or the Bull?

Stay - That's probably a bit tricky depending on the budget - most places in the city centre are at least £50 per night unless you venture out of the centre a bit. I've obviously never tried any of them because I don't need to but there are plenty of places available to stay if you don't mind the cost too much

If anyone wants my phone number for if they get lost on the day they can have it and I can (try to) give directions.

Oh and don't worry - the Academy is MUCH easier to find than the Barfly :)

Me?

Parking - Theres a car park right opposite the Academy (Not sure about the price though...)

Eat - There's a McDonalds opposite the Academy too but there are also lots of Pubs/restaurants/cafe's near by

Meet - Erm... not sure what we agreed on now whether it was Selfridges or the Bull?

Stay - That's probably a bit tricky depending on the budget - most places in the city centre are at least £50 per night unless you venture out of the centre a bit. I've obviously never tried any of them because I don't need to but there are plenty of places available to stay if you don't mind the cost too much

If anyone wants my phone number for if they get lost on the day they can have it and I can (try to) give directions.

Oh and don't worry - the Academy is MUCH easier to find than the Barfly :)

Thank you so much for all that info!!!

Country bumpkins like me are a bit nervous about going to a big city for an evening (I'm being serious here!!). I'll park in the carpark right opposite the Academy because I'll just get lost otherwise.

See you there!

MM

Thank you so much for all that info!!!

Country bumpkins like me are a bit nervous about going to a big city for an evening (I'm being serious here!!). I'll park in the carpark right opposite the Academy because I'll just get lost otherwise.

See you there!

MM

lalalalalalalalal alalal alalalalla-I'm being serious here!!:cool:-lalalalala lalalallaa

:bleh::roftl: :roftl: :roftl: