2007 - Mika Birmingham Carling Academy 17th May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

I don't have a special outfit:blink: :boxed::blink: I'll look so boring:boxed: Maybe I should get at least some big eyelashes:blink:

Theres a shop that's kinda attatched to the Academy that sells loads of weird gothic clothes and stuff but It's really good for glowsticks, glowing facepaints and hair spray and eyelashes and glitter and stuff! We went there today to get most of our stuff!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theres a shop that's kinda attatched to the Academy that sells loads of weird gothic clothes and stuff but It's really good for glowsticks, glowing facepaints and hair spray and eyelashes and glitter and stuff! We went there today to get most of our stuff!

COOL! nice one:biggrin2:

Cool.... :thumb_yello:

*thinks what to DO??*

Omg.... panic...:shocked: :shocked:

The glitter gets EVERYWHERE. I tested it a little bit on my face today to check I wasn't allergic to it (I'm usually allergic to stuff like that) and it's kinda spread everywhere!!! Anyone standing near me will end up covered in pink glitter - you've been warned.

Nice one Jennie...i want to be stood next to you in the queue then :naughty: :naughty:

Bumpity bump

My and my friends bought our outfits today :P We literally walked around the shops in Birmingham for about 5 hours to get them!

I'm gonna wear my purple swirly wirly lollipop top, neon pink tights with my neon pink wig, pink sparkly belt, neon pink, purple and yellow glowing face paints, huge pink eyelashes, fluffy flashing pink bunny ears (not to mention all the glow sticks and of course my flashing heart :P )

So just keep an eye out for the walking pink blob

My (male) friend is wearing a bright green wig hahahah and his bf is wearing a black afro wig too... We're gonna get some funny looks onthe taxi ride home.... :punk:

Jennie - it all sounds brilliant :thumb_yello:

I haven't got anything ... didn't even get round to getting a flashing heart. I will be wearing the t-shirt I bought from the Barfly gig ... but that's it.

Ohh this is fancy dress too , damn my pirates outfit hasnt arrived!

Should have got a pirate outfit for hop-a-long! I phoned the Academy today and have booked him a seat in the disabled area. But we still can't agree which of us will sit with him :naughty:

hey.

you have been very good to me about directions, and i never came back to you, i'm sorry, i had so much to sort out and work on...tjanks, i'm still worried...

No need to be worried Steph - the drive in'll be fine. Do you know where you're staying yet?

Should have got a pirate outfit for hop-a-long! I phoned the Academy today and have booked him a seat in the disabled area. But we still can't agree which of us will sit with him :naughty:

I'm pretty sure the disabled area is here...

75727524_c4558d59af_o.jpg

At the end of the balcony level directly over the stage. Having to stand there wouldn't be too bad!

Thanks Jennie - that's what I thought too.

The Academy were really helpful. Unlike Wolves Civic Hall (we also have tickets to see Pet Shop Boys on 25 May) who have said that they have seats in the disabled area - but their disabled area is a really restricted view and they wouldn't recommend it :shocked:. Their advice, since he is on crutches, is to stand at the back! He's been told not to put any weight through his foot at all ... so standing on one leg even with crutches for any length of time is simply not an option:thumbdown:. PSB gig anyone?

Eeeeek 4 days!!!

We never did agree on a meeting time did we?

I'll get there early (about 1pm?) since I don't have to travel much. My friends are meeting me about 2 or 3 I think. I'll just go to a few shops or something while I wait for anyone else to turn up.

Thanks Jennie - that's what I thought too.

The Academy were really helpful. Unlike Wolves Civic Hall (we also have tickets to see Pet Shop Boys on 25 May) who have said that they have seats in the disabled area - but their disabled area is a really restricted view and they wouldn't recommend it :shocked:. Their advice, since he is on crutches, is to stand at the back! He's been told not to put any weight through his foot at all ... so standing on one leg even with crutches for any length of time is simply not an option:thumbdown:. PSB gig anyone?

I don't think I've even seen a disabled area at the Civic :blink: I don't really like it there though. The Academy's better :)

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!

ARE YOU ALL OVEREXCITED YET!

I DIDN'T GET THE T SHIRT MADE UP THAT I WANTED, I MIGHT SEE IF I CAN GET IT DONE TOMORROW, BUT I DID BUY ONE THAT I THINK IS QUITE APT, AND IF MIKA SEE'S IT I THINK HE WILL LIKE IT.

ALSO I FINALLY TRACKED DOWN A PAIR OF TURQUIOSE JEANS (YAY!) AND SHOULD HAVE THEM BEFORE THURSDAY.

AS IT GETS CLOSER, I GET MORE EXCITED, I HOPE IT DOESN'T AFFECT MY DRIVING:roftl:

Right, my train gets into Birmingham @ 10.45 (I hope!!) - booked!

Hotel - Comfort Inn - booked!

Mika Tickets - check!

Pink wig - check!

Flashy whistle thing - check!

Now to find a map so I know where I'm going and remember to get dressed on Thurs morning and you can stick a fork in me, I'm done!

God I hate being old -I used to just wing it, now I have to make lists -what is wrong with me!!!!!!

Is there anyone going to the meet up who would consider giving me their mobile number for emergencies (i.e I get very lost!)? and let me know when we have decided a meet up place. Thanks a million see you all on Thursday - ooohhh very excited now.

oh and I still have spare ticket if anyone wants it!