Mika @ V Festival - Weston Park, Staffordshire

Yoppappop

I'm glad Bexxy got home ok, I'm only just at the services at Birmingham having a cuppa and resting my poor feet before I carry on home.

The concert was brilliant, and Mika managed to do the drum jump during Love Today without falling on Cherisse this time, and made a point of having a dig at a certain paper about it. Me and Bexxy got it,but I think it went over everyone elses head. I had to be a bit restrained during LT cause I didn't want to get in Bexxys way while she was taking photos, but she told me later that I wouldn't have got in the way as the camera was high enough to take the shots.

It was great that we sang Happy Birthday to him, 'cause when we finished he came to the front of the stage and took a bow. That's when Martin, Luke and Mikey started playing it again, and Mika attacked Luke with something, it was quite funny, as they were all laughing about it.

They all seemed in good spirits all the way through, Mika even started by saying the weather wouldn't get him down, 'cause it was his birthday. They didn't do Lollipop though, it ended with Grace Kelly, and when all the animals came on, a little girl came on with a bee outfit on, and went straight to Martin, who picked her up and carried her over to Mika, who held her up over his head and then walked her off.

It was brilliant and I guess Mika had to dash off quickly as he'd already gone when we managed to get through the crowd, (I don't blame him, if it were my birthday I'd have been out of there too) so me and Bexxy decided to call it a day and go home (I've been up since around 5 this morning so I'm a bit tired now).

So I'm just finishing my tea and heading home. Might be back later, see how I feel.

Woo - Birmingham :P

Glad you both had a great time! Can't wait for pics/vids.

:biggrin2:

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay Bexx and RAK!

glad u guys had fun!!!:punk:

hope we get some reaction from mika about the gifts!

cant wait to see pix and stuff! woohoo!

and dont remind me about festivals toilets... coachella was ICKY to! lol

im glad at night we slept in a motel! we were SPOILD lol

HA ha, not gone just yet.

Yeah the toilets were something special alright, Bexxys description I think was spot on, although the ones in the arena, were quite posh, they had a sink and a seat!

Funny you should mention staying in a hotel, Bexxy was saying she's getting a camper van for the next festival she goes to.

Holla! Mika showed up to V Festival! A miracle unto itself! And on his own birthday, no less!!! :happybday:

Cheers to avoca, aude and Bexxy for all their diligence and hard work in organizing, creating, producing and finally delivering the home-made fan birthday cards and sequinned shirt! And please -- let's NOT forget Cazgirl and her happy helpers in their "Relax, Take It Easy" card endeavor.

We Mika fans are an incredible bunch. Today I eat my words - we are NOT JUST FANS! I believe we are a force to be reckoned with. And I highly doubt that the average pop star has a fan following remotely close to the intesity of Mika's.:mf_lustslow::wub2:

It is SOOOOOOO time for MFC to rise up and take its place as Official Fan Site.:thumb_yello:

GOOOO MIKA !!!!!!:punk:

Girls, was there something on luke´s keyboard? Just curiosity...:wub2:

Are you talking about the thing that looks like a flower?

I think it was his mic stand, it seemedto be attached to it.

glad you had so much fun!! must have been great to see live when the crowd sang happy bday to him! would have wished I was there too!

thanks for bringing him the presents! and I hope that some day we'll hear a reaction to it...

Part 1

Ok well i went to set up camp on friday afternoon got stuck in traffic 5 mins away from weston park and was stuck there for two hours!!! Eventually i got parked up in west car park two and made my way into the venue with my tent and sleeping bag...this walk was MURDER it must have been atleast 3 miles trek and then the trouble was once in there with my wristband on i couldnt find a spot to set up my tent....evetually i did though BUT it was at the top of this hill.

Anyway i had a quick breather before making the 3 mile journey back to my car to get the rest of the stuff which was my clothes and the Mika presents.

Clever me i lost my car i couldnt remember where i had parked so i aimlessly walked around a field of cars until i found it ...so then back to the tent i went this was the hardest walk i have ever done every few paces i had to stop i was overloaded...Ohh but then once i got back in...1. i got my helium confiscated Grrr and then i forgot where i had set up my tent o_0

Dont worry i found it eventually LOL

By this time it was getting on past 10pm so i went for a drink then settled in to my tent...ive never been so scared in my life all i could hear outside was people screaming and yelling ...i just lay there shivvering thinking OMG what am i doing?!?!?!

I did eventually drop off to sleep and was awoken the next morning by a text from Rak1 saying she had just got into the site. I fumbled around getting dressed and washed the best i could then joined the queue for the toilet....Discusting theres no way i was letting any part of my body touch the toilets today i was nasty!!!

So i met up with Rak1 outside of the red campsite first we went back to my tent to collect the mika presents then we set of to try and get vip bands....it was worth a try but we failed.

then we went to a place that loads of tinted glass vans were entered and chatted with the sec guards there for a while who were lovely and told us to try by the channel 4 stage.

So then we queued up to get into the main areana...this is when some photographers grabbed me and wanted me to pose for them with the presents and my ladybird outfit....after explaining to them our situation they said they could get backstage...so i asked if they could help in anyway and they said the same just to go by the channel 4 stage and maybe get lucky. They took my name down - but i think that was just for the photographs they had taken.

We got into the areana it was raining really heavily by this point and we went straight over to the channel 4 stage - another LONG walk...i think my arms may have dropped off :-S

i was getting loads of people pointing at me at this point smiling and saying Look a ladybird but im used to that by now hehe:naughty:

Soo we got over to the front of the channel 4 stage and asked another lovely security guy about getting stuff to mika and then we had to explain to him about the project had to make sure i mentioned it took months to organise and its from all over the world and its mika's birthday TODAY!! He told us to go over to the production guys who were on the other side of the stage so we did..Then some random guy from the crowd came over and started to ask me why i was dressed up as a ladybird so i had to explain.

we had to ask yet another security guy who we had to explain everything to a second time. This time we were told our best bet was to go back over to the main V festival; stage and get one of the security guys to place it into mika's dressing room.

So off we went more walking in the rain ...sigh....

we got over to the side door of the main stage and i boldly walk right upto the door and knock on it ...this sec guy comes out and instantly says your not getting in ...so then it takes ages to explain to him about the birthday project and relax card and how it must get to mika today if he could put it into his dressing room...and he was like Pier?!?! Noooo MIKA i had to get the relax card and show him Mika's name - i said i dont want to go into mika's dressing room i just want you to make sure it gets to mika.

He took it all off us and said he would get someone to take it down to his dressing room. and i believe him when he said that.

For the rest of the day i walked around feeling as if i had left something behind LOL

we hung around the area we thought Mika + crew would be walking across to get to the channel 4 stage but we saw no one except a load of guys stood up by the fencing peeing

This is where i got interviewed again and photos taken of me in my costume ...and this was a proper interview she was taking loads of notes i explained about Mika + his birthday and the mikafanclub and dressing up and about all the concerts we had been to - she must have written loads it was very funny

It was about 3.30pm so we decided to try and get a good place in the audience of the channel 4 stage we started out on the outer edges of the audience and somehow by the time the Guillemots came on we were front row literally right next to where Mikey would be - i have Nooo idea how we managed that one but we did so we got the MFC flag and placed it over the railings the people around us im sure thought we were crazy...Anyhow we got our photo taken AGAIN by the official photographers and then the traditional dolly parton started playing...oh and they erected the big girl inflatable right infront of our perfect view of cherisse!!!

Part two

Set list was...i will get back to you on that one its on my mobile phone audio

i did however Notice Mikey keep on looking our way and smiling i waved a few times - Mika did mention it was his birthday today he put some groovy shades on then performed Big Girl - which i have a video of. At the end of Big Girl we started to sing happy Birthday to him the whole crowd joined in eventually also have this on video so hopefully you will be able to see for yourselfs.

Oh and then Love today he jumped up on Cherisses drums and when he jumped down he yelled F*** you londonpaper i didnt fall this time - me and Rak1 agreed this is a comment not many people in the audience would have understood LOL

he threw the drumsticks into the audience again we were in completely the wrong position for this

His last song was Grace Kelly and this is when the lollipop girls and animals came on stage, there were big balloons aswell the usual thing and we think there is a possibility one of Martins children came onstage aswell but we cant be sure as when they went offstage Martin picked the little one up ...shrugs...who knows

So offstage they went and i litterally barged through the crowd to get out to the side stage door..we were only a few minutes and they had said mika was going out the other door...so we went to the other door and was told he and all the band had already left - that was a little bit depressing

But like Rak1 said if it was my Birthday i wouldnt have wanted to hang around either!!!

The only sad thing is we didnt get a reaction from him over the Birthday Gifts that is something we will have to imagine although im certain it would have been a positive reaction.

Sooo after the blowing news they had all left we went back to my tent to pack up and then do the 3 mile trek back to my car...it was a killer!!!

But got to listen to Manic street preachers for a bit of the walk back and this is where i end the story im back my feet hurt my hair is a mess but over all it was a Fantastic day - i definately wasnt gonna spend another night in my tent thats for sure!!!!

Holla! Mika showed up to V Festival! A miracle unto itself! And on his own birthday, no less!!! :happybday:

Cheers to avoca, aude and Bexxy for all their diligence and hard work in organizing, creating, producing and finally delivering the home-made fan birthday cards and sequinned shirt! And please -- let's NOT forget Cazgirl and her happy helpers in their "Relax, Take It Easy" card endeavor.

We Mika fans are an incredible bunch. Today I eat my words - we are NOT JUST FANS! I believe we are a force to be reckoned with. And I highly doubt that the average pop star has a fan following remotely close to the intesity of Mika's.:mf_lustslow::wub2:

It is SOOOOOOO time for MFC to rise up and take its place as Official Fan Site.:thumb_yello:

GOOOO MIKA !!!!!!:punk:

I totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

No tiger there? Bad Luke!!! :thumbdown:

Thanks for the report, Bexx!

yes the little soft toy ginger cat thing was there but not for long as mika grabbed all the stuff off Lukes keyboard and threw it at him :naughty:

Ladybird & Penguin, thanks for your reports! You did an awesome job today! I am glad to hear that you had a great time despite the weather and stuff. You managed to hand the Project over anyway!

Martin's little boy on stage dressed as a bumble bee... That sounds cute! :blush-anim-cl:

How do you mean down size?

I know you can't do more than 10 mins on youtube, but that's all I know

no i mean reduce the quality of something its only 4 mins long but it says the file is too big :boxed:

no i mean reduce the quality of something its only 4 mins long but it says the file is too big :boxed:

Oh I don't know, I have never had that problem.

I know when you go into windows moviemaker,when you go to save it to your computer it does ask you something about that I think, but I just click to save it at the best quality for playback on my computer, which is set at default. I assume that means there are other options at that point, but I have never tried it, I don't know if that would help? Or indeed if I have a clue what I am on about! :mf_rosetinted:

Try PM ing Sou, she might be able to help Bexx.