Mika @ V Festival - Weston Park, Staffordshire

Yoppappop

Hey Bexx, glad to hear that you are feeling better today! :thumb_yello: You did the best you could do yesterday, well done girl! And thank you for the pics (I'll watch the videos later)!

Cute, Martin's little boy in the bumble bee suit! :blush-anim-cl:

2007_0818vfestival20070102.jpg

Grace kelly Finale

2007_0818vfestival20070103.jpg

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so what were they filming Mika yesterday for then? when will that get shown on tv?

Not sure, but according to the Sky listings they are showing highlights from the Chelmsford shows.

ive spent all morning scouting around online staffordshire paper sites to try and find pictures of me that were taken :roftl: :roftl:

But nothing...i do remember the first lot of photographers said the Sentenal or something :boxed:

a much better improvement he actually turned up ...i was still having big doubts about it until they started to bring their gear out on stage LOL

Oh gawd but if you thought the big chill toilets were bad you aint seen nothing yet .....its sooo hard to go to the loo when the loo paper is over flowing from them with a lump of poo like a cherry on top i could have been sick :boxed:

eeeewww!!:thumbdown:

I'm glad Bexxy got home ok, I'm only just at the services at Birmingham having a cuppa and resting my poor feet before I carry on home.

The concert was brilliant, and Mika managed to do the drum jump during Love Today without falling on Cherisse this time, and made a point of having a dig at a certain paper about it. Me and Bexxy got it,but I think it went over everyone elses head. I had to be a bit restrained during LT cause I didn't want to get in Bexxys way while she was taking photos, but she told me later that I wouldn't have got in the way as the camera was high enough to take the shots.

It was great that we sang Happy Birthday to him, 'cause when we finished he came to the front of the stage and took a bow. That's when Martin, Luke and Mikey started playing it again, and Mika attacked Luke with something, it was quite funny, as they were all laughing about it.

They all seemed in good spirits all the way through, Mika even started by saying the weather wouldn't get him down, 'cause it was his birthday. They didn't do Lollipop though, it ended with Grace Kelly, and when all the animals came on, a little girl came on with a bee outfit on, and went straight to Martin, who picked her up and carried her over to Mika, who held her up over his head and then walked her off.

It was brilliant and I guess Mika had to dash off quickly as he'd already gone when we managed to get through the crowd, (I don't blame him, if it were my birthday I'd have been out of there too) so me and Bexxy decided to call it a day and go home (I've been up since around 5 this morning so I'm a bit tired now).

So I'm just finishing my tea and heading home. Might be back later, see how I feel.

loved your report RAK1!! awww, i would have died to be there..:wub2:

i just feel like i want to apologise to you all

i am truely sorry

i really wish i could have given it to Mika personally

But under the circumstances im afraid its all we could do :boxed:

i apologise to you all ...now i will go and hang my head in shame :boxed:

Please don't say that!! You did incredibly well, in fact I'm sure I could have not done the same myself, and I'm sure that I speak for everyone in saying that we're all incredibly grateful for doing it!

It was amazing that you managed to deliver it at all considering what sort of event it was!!

Good job

:thumb_yello:

Was the lollipop girl holding the bee martins wife?

I reckon it was !

Well done BexxY and RAK1 and everyone for photos, present delivery, youtube vids reports the lot!!:thumb_yello:

I was on the plane last night thinking of you all, imagining it was a great show, and it really looks huge!! And fun!! The Happy Birthday was priceless!:wub2:

ive spent all morning scouting around online staffordshire paper sites to try and find pictures of me that were taken :roftl: :roftl:

But nothing...i do remember the first lot of photographers said the Sentenal or something :boxed:

Bex, I think it must have been the Stoke on Trent Sentiel, but I have been there and there is nothing much yet. Nice vid of the wet though.

Thanks for the reports and brilliant pics. My lap top is plying up and seems to have an aversion to youtube so I will have to watch the vids on my pc.

Well done, you did your very best re the birthday project, nobody could have done more...without a magic wand!

Evening all, feeling much better now. Amazing what 4 hours sleep and some tea and toast can do.

I didn't know Martins wife was the other lollipop girl, don't know what she looks like so wouldn't have realised it.

I think as it's almost the end of this run and it was the big guys birthday they were all very bouyant yesterday, a lot of great banter going on between them, I think that's what made it a great perfomance. It was fun for them and us.