MIKA @ HMV Oxford Street

Yoppappop

Mika will be making an in-store performance at HMV Oxford Street on Tuesday 24 April to help mark the release of new single 'Love Today'. The time of the appearance will probably be around 5.30/6.00pm although this will be confirmed nearer the time. As Mika's in-store performances tend to be very popular affairs, we advise anyone intending to go to get there as early as possible to avoid possible disappointment. In the meantime, have a wonderful Easter! Love Mikasounds

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely going and hopefully be able to deliver the cards that Nel sent over from South Africa for Mika and the band, if anyone knows how I can do this without making a big fuss, as I promised Nel I would get pictures for her of me handing Mika the cards. Do I ask someone at HMV or try to get someone with Mikas party to help me?

Guest vuyk@telkomsa.net

This one shouldn't be too hard for you. Just pretend (not even that) that you have a special delivery for Mika from South Africa. You are after all a courier.

Just do what you always do - deliver (and maybe let him sign for it????? Get an extra autograph like that?)

Nel

HMV Website does say that there will be signings.. but am curious as to how this will go down as they have not mentioned wristbands... could be chaotic without them!

Anyone contacted HMV to check? I'll pop in there first thing tomorrow I think... The last HMV gig.. no one in the store knew anything.. and I was told different things by different staff!!

This one shouldn't be too hard for you. Just pretend (not even that) that you have a special delivery for Mika from South Africa. You are after all a courier.

Just do what you always do - deliver (and maybe let him sign for it????? Get an extra autograph like that?)

Nel

It's funny you should mention that Nel, as I was driving up to London on a job today that exact thought crossed my mind. Can't believe I didn't think of it before. Although if there are signings I should be able to get them to him easily.

Hey everyone!!! Fingers crossed, I'll see MIKA tomorrow FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

I'm already trembling with excitement, as does everyone else here probably....

I don't think I'll be able to get any sleep tonight, I'm so nervous!

BTW, wristbands were mentioned here... If we DO need them , how do we get them?!?! I've never been to any events like that, so I haven't got a slightest clue!

I've just checked the HMV website, and it does say he'll be doing signings, but nothing about wristbands, like it does for The Lost Prophets above his entry.

The last time he was there we didn't have wristbands and he was due to do a signing session initially, but because of the double booking with the T Mobile gig, he couldn't, which is when when said next time he would be signing to make up for it.

Now the crowd was quite small and manageable then, so I'm thinking that HMV are assuming that it will be the same again, which is why they haven't made it a wristband event, so I would advise anyone going to get there early to get a good place. I wished I had called them like I did the last time now (although no on seemed to know what was happening then, so I'm not holding my breath now).

Hey everyone.. have just been out to HMV and back.. it is not wristbanded and there will be signings after the performance.. the staff seem to think that it may not be as busy as the last in store performance as its just a single release...

I think they may be in for a suprise!! :) I will be heading back out there later

Hey everyone.. have just been out to HMV and back.. it is not wristbanded and there will be signings after the performance.. the staff seem to think that it may not be as busy as the last in store performance as its just a single release...

I think they may be in for a suprise!! :) I will be heading back out there later

I think you're right Meimei!

It should be starting right about NOW!!! Wish I could be there!

Hope you all have (are having?) a good time, and I'll be anxiously awaiting your reports when you get back! :)

dcdeb

I AM....and i can't stop smiling...I actually talked to him i thought i was going to faint on the spot but i actually managed to not stammer, and i got his autograph :thumb_yello: BEST DAY OF MY LIFE lol

I AM....and i can't stop smiling...I actually talked to him i thought i was going to faint on the spot but i actually managed to not stammer, and i got his autograph :thumb_yello: BEST DAY OF MY LIFE lol

WOW!:biggrin2:

Hey i'm back, he sang 4 songs on his own (Martin 'had' a baby yesterday). MY Interpretation, Love Today, Grace Kelly, Billy Brown. He did a signing, seemed as lovely as always.

Also where everyone was queing he just walked in and no one seemed to notice him!!

oooo what dod he say?

soooo pleased 4 you, did u get photos? tell us all your stories!! dont leave anything out, wot was he wearing etc wot did he say? Your sooo lucky!! :thumb_yello:

soooo pleased 4 you, did u get photos? tell us all your stories!! dont leave anything out, wot was he wearing etc wot did he say? Your sooo lucky!! :thumb_yello:

Aww, Tia! I know what you're thinking. I do, I do, I DO! :huglove:

Just keep in mind, 18 days left :)