Picture Captions!

Zsina

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walloping you about the ears is another stereotypical Arab mother thing to do. Or Jewish or Italian for that matter. :naughty:

lol so it's not just what MY other used to do then :naughty:

Very loosely translated from Arabic to English "shway" means "a little" or "small" and "shway shway" means "slowly" or "slow down" but when coupled with the hand gesture it means more "wait a (bloody) second...". ;)

You seem to know a lot about these things, are you from the same place too?

and I thought the way it's described this it was a VERY rude gesture like over here it sounds like the w****er sign :blink: it's quite similar by the sounds of it, better be VERY careful abot THAT gesture lol.

(it's ok this site doesn't let you type the word w****er, it stars it out, well at least it did before when someone else tried it out lol).

Thank you,thank you 3I0028.100.jpg

OMG, Ioana, that killed me. Thank you for the visual. :lmao:

You seem to know a lot about these things, are you from the same place too?

I studied Arabic for 7 years (then forgot most of it when I later did French and Indonesian). :naughty:

Yeah, i only put this amount of tea leaves when i make tea..

"The water needs to be at just the right temperature and the pot needs to be positioned in just the right way... and you need to grab the tea leaves in just the right manner." :bleh:

Sanremo is a singers fest, there is an orchestra that plays for each artist and Mika loves play live, probably it were simply put on sala the background sounds (like humprey we're living at the end) for tv reason, I dunno

oh...thanks! yeah you're probably right. Did you translate that sentence yourself or by translator?

Thank you,thank you 3I0028.100.jpg

Hahah :roftl:

At least in Argentina, that's a sign of any interrogative sentence like "Where is it?", "What are you saying?". You do it when the other person can't hear you because of the distance or because you can't speak loud. You only whisper the question or just move your lips, and do that gesture.