Yep. It's happened to me now.

born4mika

Hi All

Well, i have always read the threads about Mika fans getting excited in public when they hear Mika, and always thought it was a bit OTT. :mf_rosetinted: And then it happened to me. I was at the supermarket and had bought some shampoo and conditioner (at the hope my locks might some day be as lucious as Mika's :blush-anim-cl:)

Anyway, i was just walking along, minding my own busines when i heard: "I can be brown, I can be blue, I can be violet sky" in the voice of an angel... it was none other than our Mika. I squealed out 'Mum' and I was beaming like this --> :biggrin2: She heard Grace Kelly on the radio, by now i was bright red i was that excited :blush-anim-cl:. In true Mika-Maniac fashion i started lip-syncing the words and doing every facial expression Mika does on the film clip. Yes, people were watching me.

My mother was so embarrassed. I admit, it was no "Control Yourself" moment I have seen posted before, but i thought, 'That's it. I've done it. Maybe I am really obsessed?' :naughty:

I hereby propose that we start a new 'club' if you will, for all us girls and guys that have publically embarrassed themselves because of Mika.

If anyone likes the idea, just post your comment (and a name for the members- I can't think of one :thumbdown:) and we can start an official thread for all us red faced fans.

Looking forward to some feedback :thumb_yello:

born4mika

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done that before too!! In TKMaxx the other day they were playing Grace Kelly and I started lip syncing - 'twas VERY cool! And then they played My Interpretation!! Of course I then continued to squee to my mum who just acted as if she didn't know me (but she didn't mind really because she loves Mika too!!)

A club for public lip syncers sounds great although I'm not sure we should be embarrased about it!?!?!?!?!?! We should sing out loud and proud I say! :thumb_yello::punk:

dont worry love we've all done it. welcome to the club!

like, yesterday, my mum and I were on our way to see Spiderman 3 and she was talking to me, and then I heard the dj on the radio mention Mika so i said "MUM!" and pointed to the radio. she got really confused and so I turned the radio up LOUD...

Grace kelly started and my mum was like "whats this?!" XDDD

"do i attract you, do i repulse you wuth my queasy smile..."

mum: ohhhhhhh

LOL! And i started singing at the top of my lungs! :D

I do that all the time!:blush-anim-cl: i have to say its a little embarrassing when i finally realise that its me that everyone is looking at and that maby skipping and dancing down the street to lollipop is not quite considered 'normal'

:naughty:

ahaha

I do sometimes when I am driving and i am listening him, I started to sign and when I am stop in a traffic ligth sometimes I start to move my hands(specially with lollipop!!) and the people in the other cars look at me as i am crazy or something!!If I go in the car with my mum or my friends they always say c'mon...:biggrin2:

OH - I've embarresed myself alright! I almost always sing along with him and it doesn't matter if he appears on the radio in my doctors office or in the mall - I sing!!! and I move...weel yeah, that's fun...

but one of the most embarissing things was when I was listening to "Ring ring" on my iPod and at one moment I had to wait for my friend and he was late(about ten minutes or so...I had some time to do my own stuff:roftl: ) and then I listened it the second time in a row and started to sing quietly..on the third time I started to sind louder a bit and on the fourth time I started to sing loud and move...when my friend arrived I pushed the button on my iPod and he asked "Are you insane?? people are watching you" and then I looked over my shoulder and one gang (about 10-15 people) was wathcing and laughing...:blush-anim-cl:

sorry for all the spelling mistakes...

I don't think I embarrass myself, because I like to think I'm wonderfully elegant in everything I do (:roftl: ), but I love riding my bicycle while listening to LICM... and miming along with the lyrics. I try to be a bit restrained in overly public areas, but I've definitely noticed people looking at me when I mouth "get out the door!" and point to an imaginary exit, stick my hand in the air for "violet sky," or pump my fist for "gotta be everything more."

Oh ehh...when I'm on the bus or in the school with my friend my mp3 player is always in my ears and I'm listenning to Him.

We were just walking through the school coz we had to go to another classrom..and my friend was walkin next to me...I was singing and making the same faces like Mika.Everyone was staring at me and all my classmates were looking at me like I was fool.Only my friend was laughing coz she likes when I make a fool of myself.It happens almost every day.Even on the bus. LOL.

And the other story....I was in the car with Mom and on the radio was the Grace Kelly.I was like ohmygodddd yeee!

And I was singing in the car like an insane.Uhm...At the red lights too....when we stopped.I guess anyone could hear me but I just ****in dont care!

And guys why do you care about others?If you feel good like that and I know you really do why not?

Its great!I dont mind it!I enjoy it and I dont feel embarassed! MIKA RULEZ!

If they dont know this they are the losers.... :D

hahaha, everytime I hear Mika somewhere I start smiling and singing along, or at home I ran at the radio ortelevision to get it louder:blush-anim-cl:

When my mom noticed I like Mika's music she bought me his album:roll1:

i havnt embarassed myself in public yet by singing hiw songs, because i havnt heard them anywhere yet, but i gaurentee once i hear him playing while im shopping ill drop everything and lip sync, i do randomly sing along and lip sync to him on my ipod in public tho...

Unfortunately, I still haven't heard Mika on the local radio yet *sigh*

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT........

I WATCHED GRACE KELLY FOR THE FIRST TIME ON TV TODAY!!!!!!!! I jumped up and down like there was no tomorrow...I even took a pictures of my TV to document the first time I watched GK on TV...yeah, I'm crazy, I know :D

mikavh12av0.jpgmikavh1mw8.jpg

mikavh13sk7.jpg

When we were on holiday in Singapore at the end of March, I heard Relax in one of the shopping malls and I was like "Kids, kids! listen! Mika is even in Singapore!!" (my kids know I am crazy anyway) and my next thought was I must tell MFC...but then I forgot after we got back...

My most embarrassing moment so far was walking through Tokyo (where I live) and trying to find the big poster of Mika on the building so I could show you all, and when I eventually found it , I shrieked out (I was by myself)

OH MY GOD THERE HE IS!!!:shocked: :shocked:

It was huge. CIMG0104.jpg

Then I was sheepishly looking round to see who noticed, but everyone in Japan is very good at ignoring strange outbursts, luckily!!!

OH - I've embarresed myself alright! I almost always sing along with him and it doesn't matter if he appears on the radio in my doctors office or in the mall - I sing!!! and I move...weel yeah, that's fun...

but one of the most embarissing things was when I was listening to "Ring ring" on my iPod and at one moment I had to wait for my friend and he was late(about ten minutes or so...I had some time to do my own stuff:roftl: ) and then I listened it the second time in a row and started to sing quietly..on the third time I started to sind louder a bit and on the fourth time I started to sing loud and move...when my friend arrived I pushed the button on my iPod and he asked "Are you insane?? people are watching you" and then I looked over my shoulder and one gang (about 10-15 people) was wathcing and laughing...:blush-anim-cl:

sorry for all the spelling mistakes...

I like this...you got lost in the Mika world!!

I, too must admit that I lose my sense of self and surroundings just at the mention of Mika by name...Yesterday when Mika was doing the Radio 1 Takeover, I was shopping with my sister and her husband. We were in Asda and my sister took forever trying to work that damned digital photo print-it-yourself machine (Some things are better left to the professionals!!! No offense sis!!) and I suddenly realised that there was 15 minutes left until he was to come on....I panicked and wandered off in search of a radio that I could buy- I found it!!- a pocket one that I could also use my headphones on aswell....and then my sister lost me for an hour- every time she looked at me to say something she'd give up and roll her eyes and tried on several occasions to lose me as, apparently I was laughing and giggling at "nothing" in particular!!

Despite my age, I end up squealing and running on the spot whenever I hear him on the radio...and I don't care!! For anyone who knows me this is out of character completely...

When we were on holiday in Singapore at the end of March, I heard Relax in one of the shopping malls and I was like "Kids, kids! listen! Mika is even in Singapore!!" (my kids know I am crazy anyway) and my next thought was I must tell MFC...but then I forgot after we got back...

My most embarrassing moment so far was walking through Tokyo (where I live) and trying to find the big poster of Mika on the building so I could show you all, and when I eventually found it , I shrieked out (I was by myself)

OH MY GOD THERE HE IS!!!:shocked: :shocked:

It was huge. CIMG0104.jpg

Then I was sheepishly looking round to see who noticed, but everyone in Japan is very good at ignoring strange outbursts, luckily!!!

If I had such a picture in my town I'd go and see it every day until....until I don't even know when...

I like this...you got lost in the Mika world!!

I, too must admit that I lose my sense of self and surroundings just at the mention of Mika by name...Yesterday when Mika was doing the Radio 1 Takeover, I was shopping with my sister and her husband. We were in Asda and my sister took forever trying to work that damned digital photo print-it-yourself machine (Some things are better left to the professionals!!! No offense sis!!) and I suddenly realised that there was 15 minutes left until he was to come on....I panicked and wandered off in search of a radio that I could buy- I found it!!- a pocket one that I could also use my headphones on aswell....and then my sister lost me for an hour- every time she looked at me to say something she'd give up and roll her eyes and tried on several occasions to lose me as, apparently I was laughing and giggling at "nothing" in particular!!

Despite my age, I end up squealing and running on the spot whenever I hear him on the radio...and I don't care!! For anyone who knows me this is out of character completely...

Yeah I atleast don't have that age-thing because altough I'm 19 and almost everybody else is normal by now I have quite weird temperament so I'm usually when I heam Mika on the radio : "OH!!! Listen, that's mika(jumping up and down at that moment) He's so good! I love him! He's amazing(pointing at the radio)"

And I usually talk loud too(I don't even know why) and when I get exited I get more louder too so I'm very noticiable by everyone around in those situations...but atleast I'm happy :biggrin2:

Well I know exactly what you mean about doing things like that. I am older than you and I did the same thing last week.

I go swimming once a week and when I am there they have the radio on in the background. I was swimming along and all of a sudden I heard Love Today. Well I went silly, I was grinning and smiling like this.:biggrin2:

I have no idea whether I got any funny looks

:blush-anim-cl:

You are not alone!!!

it was in my local garage was havin an MOT on my car and LOVE TODAY was on the radio in the waiting area.....i started singin full volume along to it whilst readin a VERY old hello magazine!! unaware that the technician was standing in the doorway with my keys!!!!!!..........:blush-anim-cl: ......i looked up and went bright red (i could blinkin feel my cheeks flush!!!).....and he said you like this song do you???!!!.......Umm yes i think i managed to babble....as i paid........and drove off rather sharpish!!!.......:blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

Well I know exactly what you mean about doing things like that. I am older than you and I did the same thing last week.

I go swimming once a week and when I am there they have the radio on in the background. I was swimming along and all of a sudden I heard Love Today. Well I went silly, I was grinning and smiling like this.:biggrin2:

I have no idea whether I got any funny looks

:blush-anim-cl:

You are not alone!!!

Yeah! That's the best part about it - when I hear Mika somewhere else then in my computer or iPod I start smiling and just feeling so happy and cheerful :thumb_yello:

Oh dont worry i do it aswell i have a really stupid griun on my face everytime i hear a mika song in public :biggrin2:

Although my parents take advantage of this and whenever they want to speak to me they just play Mika really loud so i can hear it and i come a running:blush-anim-cl:

I have done it so many times lol I will be at our local theme park and like freak out! haha When it's time to "KA-CHINNNNGA!!!" i have jumped and pumped my fist in the air...i am pretty sure I scared several small childern lol jk. When ever I hear the songs or hear someone talking about him or his music i go off and just like start talking non-stop. It has actually got a few people into his music lol I am surprised I havent annoyed them away. I like the idea of a little club as well! If we start one count me in!

Oh that is funny BexxY!

And mel you really cried!?Oh this is so sweet....ahh...If I was Mika I would hug you!Or theres no matter who I were, I would hug you.Oh I know the feeling how happy and strage you could feel.Very sweet.Thanks for tellin. :)