Mika @ Ibiza Rocks! - August 7-8 2007

dcdeb

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all!! I’m still in cloud 9, but I think it’s about time you have my report, so here it is at least part of it. I warn you: this is gonna be hard to write, I can’t express my feelings with words! I've posted it on my MySpace since the forum wasn't working, but I thought you'd like to read it here too, so here it goes. Next part will come soon, people, don't get impatient...

First of all, thank you girls, Queenie, Mirtilla, Mellody, Allegra, Blanca and Paloma (and Bowie!!) for making the best day of my life even better. I will love you always, you know!

The whole thing started at a shabby hotel (you can’t imagine just how shabby it was, no words) where Queenie and I were staying. Mirtilla phoned us to say Allegra had told her the band was already at the Bar M doing the sound check, so we three run like mad to get there in no time. We did indeed! We almost kill ourselves on the way, we were sweaty and dressed with the first thing we found (after thinking so carefully what to wear for such a long time) and our hair like a lion’s. But our faces were brilliant with anticipation.

So, we finally got there and we saw the band doing the sound check and all, Queenie wearing her bunny ears (hiyya, Horny Bunny!!) and all of us with our badges and our flashing hearts (thanks a lot, Mirti, you’re sooooo nice!!!). The moment Mickey saw us with the ears and singing along with the music they were playing, he started laughing like mad, pointing at us and waiving. Soon we saw the rest of the band except for Mika himself, who came later on. Time went so fast we didn’t realize we actually spent over two hours on our feet waiting in the street, peeping at the guys inside.

Then Mika came… I think I was the first who saw him, but then again I’m not that sure. Anyway, he said something like “Hi girls, how’re you doing? Nice ears!†(pointing at Queenie, who else). We stayed like we were paralized, just saying “Hi Mika! Great! Thank you.†We even forgot to tell him about the gifts we had for him!! He stayed there for a few seconds like waiting for us to say or do something, but as we were just smiling at him and actually eating him with our eyes, he said “Ok, I’m gonna do the sound check now. See ya later, girlsâ€. We said “See ya Mika!†and he entered the bar. We kept peeping at the inside, of course, and taking pics of everybody and giggling like children, and singing along as loud as we could (OMG, I can’t believe I did all the things I did). People looked at us as if we were nuts, and they often said things like: “Oh, Mika fans, freaks!†Well, what can I say? I’m a freak and proud to be!

We felt so stupid about not having told him we had some gifts for him that I asked a guy at the door if we could come in and give them to him and the band during the checking. He went in and a few minutes later he came out again saying “ok, girls, come on in!†We could not believe our luck, we were actually at the sound check!!! The man who let us in was filming us as we entered, and it was so weird… We were kindda embarrassed and we didn’t know what to do next, so we approached Mika slowly and saying “I can’t believe it, I can’t believe it!†Well, the dream was soon over… Some creepy guy threw us out before we could talk to anybody, so it was waiting outside again, c**p!!

After the sound check Mika came out and actually stayed with us and talked to us and took a few pictures with us. Queenie and I finally gave him the presents and he was soooooo thrilled about them, Queenie left him speechless with the Harry Nilson extremely rare Spanish edition single and all the other gifts she, Harabel and I gave him. He laughed like mad when he saw the cow in its green “Sweet Dreams†shirt, and when we asked him to press the hand and it started snoring and moving its body he was so happy,like a baby with a new toy. I loved the moment. The he saw Harabel’s Rosalía, a very special sheep that blushes and says “I love you†in such a funny voice. He read the message she was carrying in her hand, Harabel, don’t worry, and he will take very good care of her for sure. He said something about every day being Christmas for him, he was really pleased, bet he loved us in that moment, hahahaha (wishful thinking…)

I asked him to wear my autographed braces in the show, but he told me he wouldn’t because he sometimes throws them to the public and he didn’t want to lose these. I hope he liked them, I’m not that sure, and Queenie’s present was so amazing that everything else was soooo small. We also gave him the letters we had written for him and he promised to read them afterwards. I hope he did, mine and Queenie’s were really important to us. He was so nice to us, although he was very tired, you could tell by looking at his face. He even told us so, but I think you already know that part. About that, all I can say is he was certainly exhausted and worn out, I guess also sick, but definitely nothing as serious as some people seem to think (or make us think). I’m sure all he needs is a long rest doing nothing but relaxing and spending some quality time with his family. And we should show some support in these moments, I could tell he needs that more than anything else. He tried to justify himself for all the cancellations even before we asked him, he grabbed his eyes and said in a very tired tone: “Oh, I’m so dizzy and so tired, I’ve touring for a year you know I’m exhausted, you don’t know what that is†We were so worried about him on that moment, he really looked like he needed our support and understanding in spite of the way he’s handling the whole thing, which I think it’s not the right one. About the reason why he didn’t cancel this one, I think it’s clear: this venue means so much for him and the band, it’s where everything started, and he needed to do it, I’m so sure he did. You could see the excitement in his face before, during and after the show, he was having a better time than us! But this is not the place for this, so I go on with the report.

Anyway, he looked hot in his blue shorts white shirt, white sneakers and white sun glasses (wow!). Oh, he’s so lovely… And he smells soooooo good!!! Feeling him that close was like heaven, but you all know that already. It was all so natural and easy, and he seemed really pleased to be with us. But then came some really hysterical Spanish fans and suddenly he was in a big hurry, guess why… He paid no attention to them at all, it was only us all the way, but they followed him to the car and all… I didn’t like that, and I’m sure he didn’t either, he showed!

After he left in his Mercedes van, we reached the front door, just in case there was a long queue outside already. We were amazed to find only two girls sitting there, we were the first!!! We started talking about the meeting and the MAN, giggling again like teenagers, when one of the waiting girls came to us and said “Do you speak Spanish?†Queenie and I said yes and she introduced herself. She was Blanca!! I bet she recognized Queenie by her ears, hahaha.

We all sit there by the door looking at the sea and peeping inside (the band was there), laughing singing and shouting with the excitement of the moment when suddenly Luke came in his swimming suit, ready to take a shower at the beach and then a swim at the sea. We were thrilled to see him, he said hi to us, so nice and happy to see us he seemed, and he told us he was going to swim a little and then to talk to us more. Well, he kept his promise alright! He came back, Queenie gave him his presents and he was so thrilled to get them. He was all wet (ha had just had a shower to get rid of the sea salt in front of us, wow) and he had hairs all over his face because he had just had it cut… He was sooooooo hot!! I think I should join those of you Luke fans, wow! We all took pics with him and chatted a little. He made us feel so comfortable, like he knew us for a long time.

Then it was Mickey’s turn to take a swim. He was given his gifts as well, and was as surprised as Luke to get them (later in the night he told Queenie he loved them so very much). We forgot to take any pic with him, and I regret that very, very much, but it was all so normal that we just didn’t think about him: he was not a famous person, he was a nice guy, a friend getting presents from a friend. He didn’t open them then though, he was kind of embarrassed to get so much affection from us. He is such a nice guy he really is.

Cherisse also had her beach part of the day, although she didn’t swim (wise girl, I guess she didn’t want to spoil her lovely make up right before the show). She was so nice, so fun to be with and so beautiful, she’s a cute! We took pics with her and chatted a bit, again like we were friends. Queenie gave her gifts to her and she was shocked to get them, she didn’t expect anything I think, and I’m sure Queenie made her happy at that moment.

And finally Martin came to have his relaxing swim before the gig. He had his shower alright (didn’t he, Mirti?) and had his gifts as well (he loved them too, they all did and you could tell they really appreciated them). We chatted a bit with him too, asking him whether he’d go to the after party in Pacha. He said he would for sure and he’ll meet us there.

When they all went in the venue to dress up and we stayed outside drinking coke after coke (we certainly did not need alcohol that day to do crazy things, hahaha, we were drunk with Mika!!!) until they told us to make a queue in the beach. We couldn’t believe we had to lose our first place after we had been there for more than 4 hours!! Come on! Luckily, we got our first row (you’ve all seen us there, I’m the one besides Queenie with the adoration look in my face, hehehe). I never realized that pic was taken, I think it’s when Mika comes on stage (well, look at our faces, you can tell that much, can’t you?).

cool bq, thanx a lot for your report, i didn't know/had forgotten some of it, and esp. pix! :biggrin2: haha the button mika's wearing on the pic you took with him after the show, what does it say, finger lickin's good?? :roftl: i didnt even notice he was wearing it, and i didn#t notice the patterns on his shirt, thought it was plain white. i just looked at his face, eyes, smile! :wub2:

oh and so he DID stop when he arrived?! :shocked: i guess i was lucky then that you didn't know what to say, otherwise he might not have stopped again later when he left! so you have been standing there for 2 hours already when i arrived??

Hi Mellody!!!!!! So good to read you again!! Thanks a lot for the pic, he looks soooooooo hot in it I can't believe it's me with him, hahaha. Yeah, the buttom reads "fingers lickin' good!", I noticed in Allegra's car on our way to Pacha, def. not when we were with him, gosh, he can't be that hot!!!!!!! We did have the time of our lives, didn't we?

cool bq, thanx a lot for your report, i didn't know/had forgotten some of it, and esp. pix! :biggrin2: haha the button mika's wearing on the pic you took with him after the show, what does it say, finger lickin's good?? :roftl: i didnt even notice he was wearing it, and i didn#t notice the patterns on his shirt, thought it was plain white. i just looked at his face, eyes, smile! :wub2:

ha ha ! it does say finger lickin's good , isnt that what it say in the kentucky fried chicken adds ? this could be his way of saying " chicken " like the word used for friday nites in the oldling threads !

theblackqueen you're report is really amazing! i smiled like a fool when i was reading it..and laughed too! :naughty: it's always so great to read your reports girls!! and i bet you had the time of your life! :thumb_yello:

YAY for you!!!

oh and your pic with mika is so sweet! you must be very proud of it!

Oh my god..People who knows me KNOWS the review & all that stuff is so difficult to me to do it... I put so much illusion in all of this: the gifts, the previous cancellation, the effort...Sorry...It´s like i realize that everything is over.

My 1st Mika´s gig, all the feelings i felt with Mika & the band, the bright eyes of Mika when i gave him the single, the illusion of all the members of the band with their gifts....Gosh, i can´t express with words all i felt this Tuesday.

I know now it´s not over. It´s the beginning of everything :)

Thank you guys: Mika, Cherisse, my Luke, Martin & Mickey for make me feel so special with you, really.

theblackqueen you're report is really amazing! i smiled like a fool when i was reading it..and laughed too! :naughty: it's always so great to read your reports girls!! and i bet you had the time of your life! :thumb_yello:

YAY for you!!!

oh and your pic with mika is so sweet! you must be very proud of it!

Thanks a lot JenyJen!!! I'm so glad my report had that effect on you! And it's only the first part, hehe. I did have the time of my life, and I thank not only Mika and the band (they made us feel so at home with friends I couldn't believe it), but you gals. I'll never forget you, LOVE YA SO MUCH!!!!!

BTW, yes, I'm soooo proud of my pic with Mika. Thanks Mellody for taking it, it's lovely (except for my face, of course).

Why can't I use my smilies?

Hi Mellody!!!!!! So good to read you again!! Thanks a lot for the pic, he looks soooooooo hot in it I can't believe it's me with him, hahaha. Yeah, the buttom reads "fingers lickin' good!", I noticed in Allegra's car on our way to Pacha, def. not when we were with him, gosh, he can't be that hot!!!!!!! We did have the time of our lives, didn't we?

oh yeah, we certainly did!! :biggrin2:

ha ha ! it does say finger lickin's good , isnt that what it say in the kentucky fried chicken adds ? this could be his way of saying " chicken " like the word used for friday nites in the oldling threads !

:shocked: do you wanna tell us he wanted chicken this night and we could've had a chance?!? :roftl:

My 1st Mika´s gig, all the feelings i felt with Mika & the band, the bright eyes of Mika when i gave him the single, the illusion of all the members of the band with their gifts....

oh yeah the single, he really was speechless about it, he suddenly became all quiet cause he was so amazed! :wink2:

okay, so let's start:

here's a video i took from the soundcheck: you can hear us singin along with them!:naughty:

(no mika, sorry)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15870161

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Mirtilla, this is great! I can hear us all singing along, what an unforgetable moment... Thanks a lot for posting it. It was wonderful to spend these days with you, my dear sis!:huglove:

thanx for the video, mirtilla! :original:

i just looked at the pic of mika & me again (hmm, i love how his curls rest on my head, i didn't even notice this during taking the pic! :wub2: ) and i noticed there is some text on the necklace that he's always wearing. i cut and turned it, and i think it says "Da la la Lollipop" or "La la la Lollipop", or "By la la Lollipop"? or what do you think it says? do we know whether he got this from a fan?

necklace.jpg

thanx for the video, mirtilla! :original:

i just looked at the pic of mika & me again (hmm, i love how his curls rest on my head, i didn't even notice this during taking the pic! :wub2: ) and i noticed there is some text on the necklace that he's always wearing. i cut and turned it, and i think it says "Da la la Lollipop" or "La la la Lollipop", or "By la la Lollipop"? or what do you think it says? do we know whether he got this from a fan?

necklace.jpg

I was wondering what that tag was when I saw him on the pics wearing it!

He also wore one which read 'Ibiza Rocks'...

I wonder what this one has on it...I can't see it properly:sneaky2: