Mika @ Ibiza Rocks! - August 7-8 2007

dcdeb

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiyya everybody!! You'll have to wait for my report a bit longer, I'm so hyper now that I can't even write about it, all I do is dance around to Mika's songs and shout: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS WITH THEM!!!!! All I can say now is I felt like we were friends, all the band were lovely and Mika... Well, what can I say? I'm in love:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

I've seen the pics: I'm everywhere! Hahahahaha, love it.

Here's the video I shot at the gig. Sweet Dreams shirtless and a bit of Rinr Ring (sorry I didn't tape it all, I just NEEDED to dance and jump!! I know you understand... Enjoy!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJ6aJwwIdg

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: love that vid...

Amazing reports girls !!! and thx for the vids and pics !!! :biggrin2:

it was just sth like "wow!", and the way he said it, i'd love to hear it again, also to be sure that my interpretation of it was correct! :bleh: i didn't see his face expression in that moment, cause i looked at the girls... also would love to see that on video.

He actually said "wow?"

Dale a tu cuerpo alegría, Macarena,

que tu cuerpo es pa darle alegría cosa buena,

dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena..

Eeeeeeeeehhhh, Macarena... aaaaaaaayyy

(This is the original. Hannah translated it so well a few posts before)

(I HATE this song...)

Hi everyone! I almost forgot that Mika was playing in Ibiza Rocks...it was really nice to read all the reports and see the pics, so thank you. :thumb_yello:

I may have missed it, but how was the show itself? I remember thinking at previous shows that his Love Today and cover of Sweet Dreams were evolving in a way that would suggest he was preparing for an audience such as one typical of Ibiza. Did it exceed other performances? I know from the reports he wasn't as healthy, so maybe not? It'd be interesting to know...:wink2:

WOW!!!!

this is so intriguing to read. Thought would skip pages but ended up going back and starting again!!

You guys rawkd!

Thanks for the MIKA taken his top off vid have to say its a going on my ipod to watch later! :roftl:

and I wish one of you had got You Got the Love on vid (thanks to Mellody got a taster!) but the sound quality at SH wasn't good so was waiting for this!! Argghh Never mind you guys did soooo good!

Thanks again you lucky young things!

xx

He actually said "wow?"

sounded sth like it, yeah... but not sure, that's why i want to hear it again. :wink2:

I may have missed it, but how was the show itself? I remember thinking at previous shows that his Love Today and cover of Sweet Dreams were evolving in a way that would suggest he was preparing for an audience such as one typical of Ibiza. Did it exceed other performances? I know from the reports he wasn't as healthy, so maybe not? It'd be interesting to know...:wink2:

the show was brilliant, much better than the one i had seen in florence... but it's not really comparable, florence was huge and ibiza was tiny, so of course he could connect very well to the crowd, and as everyone there had a really good time, so did he. not sure what you mean by preparing for a typical ibiza audience?

sivan, before you ask, i'm gonna send you pix for your album as soon as i'm through with posting everything. :wink2:

daisylou, i really hope that allegra will upload her videos, she filmed quite a lot so maybe she has you got the love. i'm sorry i didn't film more of it, but i don't really like the song, i just like him dancing to it, so that's what i filmed. :bleh:

sounded sth like it, yeah... but not sure, that's why i want to hear it again. :wink2:

Hmmmm, I want to see/hear that too! Although I'll probably get a little bit mad because I'm crazy like that:wink2:

THE VIDEOS ARE AMAZING! THANK YOU, LADIES, FOR FILMING THEM! :huglove:

I would love to see more of You Got The Love if anyone has it, it's my second favourite song. I can't complain, though, as Mika not only did my most favourite song, Sweet Dreams, but did it shirtless. :naughty:

Also, thanks for the photos, Mellody, they're beautiful. :original:

I remember thinking at previous shows that his Love Today and cover of Sweet Dreams were evolving in a way that would suggest he was preparing for an audience such as one typical of Ibiza.

not sure what you mean by preparing for a typical ibiza audience?

Hi there,

I should have said a dance/techno genre (?) of music...having never experienced Ibiza I was going by TV reports and videos of the kind of music that is played in Ibiza clubs etc...I realise that I am stereo typing, so apologies for that- what I really mean is the dance scene as opposed to pop/rock.

Hope that explains it?

Hi there,

I should have said a dance/techno genre (?) of music...having never experienced Ibiza I was going by TV reports and videos of the kind of music that is played in Ibiza clubs etc...I realise that I am stereo typing, so apologies for that- what I really mean is the dance scene as opposed to pop/rock.

Hope that explains it?

i think love today and sweet dreams were the same as always, anyway i didn't see/hear a difference. you're right of course that they play a lot of house music in ibiza clubs. but i think the only thing that was related to this at the concert, was him doing "you got the love". after all, the ibiza rocks festival wants to oppose a bit to the house music, by bringing rock music to ibiza, so the festival wasn't aimed at the typical ibiza dance/house music crowd.

i think love today and sweet dreams were the same as always, anyway i didn't see/hear a difference. you're right of course that they play a lot of house music in ibiza clubs. but i think the only thing that was related to this at the concert, was him doing "you got the love". after all, the ibiza rocks festival wants to oppose a bit to the house music, by bringing rock music to ibiza, so the festival wasn't aimed at the typical ibiza dance/house music crowd.

Thanks for the reply.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at Somerset House when Mika did his cover of You've Got The Love- have you seen it? Would you say it was the same? Also you have a long after-lude usually, in Love Today (Bin Banging!!) which, to me, makes me think of dance music was that the case at Ibiza? Sorry for the all the questions- but I don't think I will ever go to Ibiza, I just wanted to know if Mika's performance had lived up to expectations...Thanks!

i then ate my burger and after that went to buy some water, which took a while cause i couldn't figure out where to buy water in this place! when i returned, the queue still hadn't processed, i think their flight was a bit delayed due to heavy rain, which started just after i had gone inside, so i was lucky that i could lie in the sun for a few hrs before it started raining! so luke was still standing in the same place, now mikey was there, too. further back in the queue i spotted martin, who was standing there on his own. me: "martin?", he turned round and was all smiley and sweet and said sth like "hi, you're ok?"... unlike mika and luke, he seemed really happy that i said hi, and i chatted with him for a while. during that, the queue started processing, so i walked next to him until almost to the door/counter while we talked. i told him i was waiting for my flight to munich and asked him whether he'd been at the afterparty. he said yeah but only very shortly because he didn't like it... by the look on his face i think he was sorry for that, cause it meant we missed him. i said yeah it was quite boring when we arrived, but it became better later, and he said yeah that's also what mikey told him. then i said hi from mirtilla, the one with the plectrum, and he looked really happy and surprised, and said he didn't know it was mirtilla. so he must've known her name but didn't know it was her... mirtilla, where did he know your name from?? i told him she was really happy about the plectrum. :wink2: he asked whether we enjoyed the show and had a good night, i told him that of course we loved the show, and that the others had a hotel but i partied the night through. also said that i liked it that the show was in such a small place and that i'll probably never see mika again in such a small venue, and he said yeah, the shows they'll do in germany later this year will be bigger and asked whether we'd come there. i told him i will, but as the others were from italy and spain, i think they'd go to the shows there. then we were almost at the door and we said bye, and i wished him a good flight. oh, and he shook my hand to say bye.

martin was so nice and sweet, sigh, i wish mika had been like that... although... better not, or i'd be totally over the moon! :naughty: mirtilla, i wanna join your martin fan club!! :biggrin2:

i returned to my waiting area and then suddenly saw mika and his sister sitting right next to the queue, i wonder if they'd been there all the time since i saw them coming out of the duty free shop?! mika must have some sort of invisibility cloak, i mean, he was in this area all the time, and i was looking for him (not to talk, but just wanted to see him again ), but didn't see him! anyway, him and his sis waited until everyone in the queue was gone and only then went through the door.

well and here are the first 2 videos:

end of billy brown, and mika singing macarena:

end of lollipop (especially for mirtilla :wink2:):

:wub2: THANK YOU!!!! :wub2: i was really waiting for that....awwwwwwwww:wub2:

Amazing reports girls!! What fun you had... :biggrin2: It must be amazing for Mirtilla that everytime she goes to a Mika gig something extraordinary happens... you are one lucky girl Mirtilla..:bleh:

Mellody, Queenie, Black Queen and the non poster Allegra glad you all had a blast!!:biggrin2:

oh please, don't say that! i don't want my luck to finish! pleease.....:wub2:

grr i just saw that the quality of lollipop didn't turn out good on youtube - so mirtilla, if you want it in a good quality, pm me your email, then i'll send it to you. :wink2:

i will as soon as i'll get home! i'm gonna watch it again and again and again!:biggrin2:

so here are the other videos i uploaded. it's always just parts of the songs, not the whole songs, sorry for that.

any other world/stuck in the middle:

end of stuck in the middle:

2 clips of sweet dreams:

holy johnny (and fooling around with martin):

you got the love:

love today drum solo:

mika talking about ibiza and splashing water on mikey and in the crowd, this is really cute!

i love how he says "i tell you, lifes change in ibiza!" before that, he said that the manumission people booked him for his first gig, also in ibiza, and sth about the money he got for this and got now, but i didn't understand it, someone has that on video?

btw, they filmed the show for channel 4 uk, so parts of it should be on tv somewhen.

oh god, Holy Johnny!! it was so funny!!! :lmao: