Mika's Mascot's

CazGirl

You know, I was talking to my dad about Mika.

In the car, he picked me up from the station, was a nice day and we were just talking casually.

A conversation that could change my life?

Maybe.

We were talking about how I couldn't go to Mika's shooting of Big Girl (You are Beautiful) and I don't quite know how we got onto it, but my dad said:

Dad: Why don't you write to Mika asking to be a Mascot?

Me: ... A MASCOT?!

Dad: You know like a lollipop girl or something. Dress up and hand out lollipops or whatever. [bearing in mind my dad actually had no idea Mika already does this]

Me: Oh he already has those.

Dad: Does he? Well, it must have been a good idea as he already does it!

And I just stopped and thought for a moment.

Why not?

Let's think of the reasons why I'd love to do it, and why I think I would be good for the part. Not only am I a huge fan of Mika, BUT;

I love to travel, seeing different places

I love mixing with new people

Am not afraid to dress up, and I won his dress up competition

I act, so I can get into character

I have been dancing since I was 4, so I am used to bizarre and wacky outfits

Luckily i Know Ophelia Bitz on MySpace, one of his Big Girl Mascots, so I have sent her a message asking what agency she works for etc.

I talked to my mum about it also and she was like "oh I don't think it's a good idea, think of the travelling, getting there and back" etcetc (she's so weird, everytime an opportunity like, being an extra comes up, my mum always wants me to do it but I turn it down. Soon as I think of something I want to do she dismisses it).

So. I am asking everyone's opinion here.

Do YOU think it's a good idea?

I have a lot of experience with theatres and stages etc as I come from a creative family and would love to give this a shot.

But, I was thinking, with all this travelling wouldn't the agency pay for like, hotels and stuff since they're always on the road?

I'm so confused. Hopefully I'll get a reply from Ophelia soon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was talking to my dad about Mika.

In the car, he picked me up from the station, was a nice day and we were just talking casually.

A conversation that could change my life?

Maybe.

We were talking about how I couldn't go to Mika's shooting of Big Girl (You are Beautiful) and I don't quite know how we got onto it, but my dad said:

Dad: Why don't you write to Mika asking to be a Mascot?

Me: ... A MASCOT?!

Dad: You know like a lollipop girl or something. Dress up and hand out lollipops or whatever. [bearing in mind my dad actually had no idea Mika already does this]

Me: Oh he already has those.

Dad: Does he? Well, it must have been a good idea as he already does it!

And I just stopped and thought for a moment.

Why not?

Let's think of the reasons why I'd love to do it, and why I think I would be good for the part. Not only am I a huge fan of Mika, BUT;

I love to travel, seeing different places

I love mixing with new people

Am not afraid to dress up, and I won his dress up competition

I act, so I can get into character

I have been dancing since I was 4, so I am used to bizarre and wacky outfits

Luckily i Know Ophelia Bitz on MySpace, one of his Big Girl Mascots, so I have sent her a message asking what agency she works for etc.

I talked to my mum about it also and she was like "oh I don't think it's a good idea, think of the travelling, getting there and back" etcetc (she's so weird, everytime an opportunity like, being an extra comes up, my mum always wants me to do it but I turn it down. Soon as I think of something I want to do she dismisses it).

So. I am asking everyone's opinion here.

Do YOU think it's a good idea?

I have a lot of experience with theatres and stages etc as I come from a creative family and would love to give this a shot.

But, I was thinking, with all this travelling wouldn't the agency pay for like, hotels and stuff since they're always on the road?

I'm so confused. Hopefully I'll get a reply from Ophelia soon.

If you like it ... and if you are talented and creative - and his BIG FAN , WHY NOT ? :thumb_yello:

If you like it ... and if you are talented and creative - and his BIG FAN , WHY NOT ? :thumb_yello:

exactly my thought but my mum thinks so LITERALLY in EVERYTHING.

Considering they're on the road, surely they'd provide shelter and shizz, right? I mean if they're performing in Scotland or some place they can't exactly expect me to travel all the way back home - at night - to ickle essex in south east england can they LOL.

Really need to find out more details.

Was wondering if anyone could help...?

Yes, of course, if you get hired then you travel with the tour--sleeping arrangements and stuff are provided as part of the job! :-)

--Jack

Ooooh how do you know? Or are you assuming?

why not? i say go for it.. at least give it a try ya know.... i mean yeah, you'll have to think about all the traveling and everything, and think about if mika will even let you, but i mean, who doesnt wanna be one of his "mascots"?! if you have the chance, then take it. i desperately wanna be one, but i cant. i can try, but it is NOT very likely. now you have a better chance, so go for it girl!

It's an entirely new dream of mine. I mean, look at how many lollipop girls he already has lol! One more...can't hurt...right?

Looks like I shall have to persuade my mum (and with every opportunity SHE sees, she always says "this could be the making of you!" ..well, THIS could be the damn well making of me!...whatever the hell she wants me to be I've no clue!)

I just need Ophelia to message me back aaaaaa.ssssssss.aaaaaaa.pppppp!!!!

What a great idea! You would be really cute as a lollipop girl ^^

I have no info or advice or anything, since I don't know anything about this kind of stuff ^^ But I wish you good luck!! :biggrin2:

Caz, go for it :thumb_yello:

I have expericenced you as one of the most obsessed (in a friendly, funny and crazy way) and dedicated Mika fans. Everybody should listen to their hearts and have the opportunity to do what makes them happy at least once in their lives. If that means travelling around with Mika dressed up as whatever mascot for you then you should jump at the chance. The odds are good for you have already proven your qualification for the job by your fan video :biggrin2:

I don't know much about your everyday life but that you're currently attending college, right? I don't know either what your alternative (original) plans were but I think you should at least try to live your dream, you are young and you can return to pick up your plans again anytime in the future.

But please keep in mind that it maybe doesn't work out for whatsoever reason and if that's the case, please don't be too disappointed for the world will still be open to you. But as long as you don't know - go for it :thumb_yello:

Oh, and maybe your pink friend can apply too? Please send him my regards and tell him that I really LOVE his style:thumb_yello:

Mika, and his entourage, all seem to be well looked after!! If you were part of the team then you would be looked after too. If you get the chance then go for it CazGirl - you have the talent, and the desire for success so why not. Everyone has to start somewhere!! :thumb_yello:

Mika, and his entourage, all seem to be well looked after!! If you were part of the team then you would be looked after too. If you get the chance then go for it CazGirl - you have the talent, and the desire for success so why not. Everyone has to start somewhere!! :thumb_yello:

lol thanks. ive spoken about it to my dad and he and my mother have had ... rather BAD...experiences with pop stars and their groupies.

i.e making them do incredibly horrible stuff and if they disagree...force is used.

I showed an interview of Mika to my dad (everyday objects) and my dad said it shows nothing but Mika being interviewed and being on his best behaviour. So i asked him for his personal opinion and he said "he seems like a nice guy, but he could well be an actor too."

and then after that, everytime I saw Mika, all I saw was a sex crazed rapist O.O

ROFL. But my dad said that he most likely isn't, and that it's not just him I have to watch out for, but the other members.

so I was like EEEEK.

But he does seem very genuine. "so long as you go in with your eyes wide open to what may be expected, forewarned is forearmed" -- my dad.

A warning is to be expected I suppose.

But still, with the scary thought aside - I'd still totally love to do this!

And Violet_Sky, thankyou for your amazing words! Yes, I am in college right now.

BUT.

The plan is as follows:

Finish college

If I get this lollipop job, I could perhaps start in september

I wanna do this NOW, because right now it feels like. I want to do it at this specific moment. Give it a couple of years and I may have moved on.

Not only that I hope to be married early 20's and to be pregnant/have first child at 24, so I wanna travel a bit before then!

I'll be turning 18 in July...so...will I be given a chance i wonder?

thats what my dad told me too O_O

as in the good behaviour part XDD

Caz....do it while you have the chance!!!!! :D

We'll totally support ya XD

lol thankyou :)

but now i am especially wary after that father to daughter talk...over msn. haha!

i completely understand my dad's point of view...and my mum dated a drummer from a band for several years before meeting my dad and her experience wasn't...great, so I totally understand why they will be worried.

But I really do think Mika is a genuine person. Will still go with eyes wide open though...you can never be too sure.

Thankyou all for your kind words, means a lot!

still needs to find out more details though from the mascot I know.

Hey Caz,

That job sure does sound like fun but ya gotta be smart and look beyond the obvious. You should interview people who do this sort of work and see what THEY REALLY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEIR JOBS -BEHIND THE SCENES. Things aren't always what they're cracked up to be. You can never have too much information. Granted, Mika would probably be a fabulous employer, but it's all very new and there are also many other players in this endeavor. So let's suppose the project appears above-board, you can always opt to do this part time just to get your feet wet and see how you really like it. No pressure, just make sure you have options and are free to make knowledgable and well-informed choices.

But I gotta say, Caz, knowing what I do know about you from this forum - your videos, competitions, bubbly personality, lovely fun extrovert - you are a shoe-in for this type of work - or any position that requires creativity, mingling with people, making them feel welcome, happy, very much at home and have loads of fun, to boot. :biggrin2:

I'm a bit confused here, are you applying for a job that there is an opening for, or hoping to create one? And will you be old enough, because I am not sure how the law stands if your under 18, though you may be 18 by September.

As I said to you earlier, My daughter vix kinda suggested the same thing as she mailed someone on Tuesday I think it was about it, but they told her that Lollipop girls frock is tailor made and they didn't need anyone at the moment or something like that, maybe she didn't mail the right contact but lol...it's not the kind of job vacancy you see in the job centre is it lol.

I can understand your parents concern especially as your mum has had 1st hand experience sorta thing, but if anything comes of it, you could give it a go and if you didn't like it you don't HAVE to stay do you. (maybe you and vix could do it together and be each others body guards lol, she will look after you ha ha she can be ICE GIRL.:naughty:

calicojasmine and Sparkly1, I completely understand the both of you.

Viv, what I have done, is message Mika's "Big Girl" mascot for her agency. When she replies I shall ask further details about what it's really like behind the scenes.

But again, the whole dad-daughter conversation...

You just got to be careful sometimes.

I'm sure I'd be safe with Mika, as Mika is Mika (or so we see) but again...can never be too sure. My dad really expresses some valid points, and despite the things I have written in the girls thread, this msn conversation really shows my innocence and naivety.

and Viv, I'd love to do it with your daughter lol! maybe they'll do a cast switch sometime soon hehe!

hey caz. i just read your blogs, hope you don't mind me voicing my opinions. i think your idea is great, go about it with a clear mind, don't get your hopes up too much! if its meant to happen it will, however you have just thought of this yourself, its not as if there is a job opening etc. the girls doing lollipop girls are all known by mika, and his entire crew are friends or family. he would probably love to have hundreds of lollipop girls, but i work in the industry and i understand that he is very lucky to even have the four girls and the big girls every night. but i really think you should go for it, and whatever happens happens you know? and you won't regret trying will you?

As far as what your dad has been saying to you, i think he's just being the worrying father, which of course we can all understand. mika and his crew work on a very tight basis, he doesn't really hang around to much with the band etc after gigs, he mainly likes to be with his family or relax from what i can gather. He entered this proffesion to be a musician right? not to take advantage of girls so no, i don't think him or any of his band/crew are 'good actors'. he loves what he does and wouldn't want to put anything in jepordy, you know what i mean??

hope this helps and isn't too confusing! pm me if you want to talk more.