Mika @ London Coca-Cola Secret Gig : I-Tunes Festival at ICA, London

Yoppappop

http://music.coca-cola.co.uk/gigs

Basically Coca-cola bottles are doing the itunes/ipod competitions again and when you enter a code you get 2 points. Costs 3 points (i think) to enter the competition to win tickets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i-Tunes Enters Festival Market

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article1920808.ece

iTunes enters festival market

From Times Online

June 12, 2007

Phoebe Greenwood

Digital downloads servive iTunes has announced this morning that they are launching into the UK festival market.

iTunes Festival, launching in July, will be a month-long series of concerts that will take place at London's ICA. The ambitious event will feature two artists each day, taking the tally up to 60 over the whole event.

The full line-up is yet to be revealed but headline artists announced so far include Crowded House, Travis, Mika and Amy Winehouse.

Tickets will not be sold for the event, instead they will have to be won through artist websites and various TV and radio promotions.

Speaking to The Times this morning from America, Adam Luke, the director of music programming and label relations for iTunes said: "For us it was important to do something unique. This really is a festival with a difference. It's a small intimate venue and you can't buy tickets. These concerts are really all about the fans."

Why the largesse from the world's most popular download store? All the concerts will be recorded and made available through the iTunes store within 24 hours. In a world where recorded music sales are plummeting but the live music scene is booming, the iTunes store is in a unique position to capitilise.

"For a fan, if you seen an artist live, to be able to have a live recording after the fact is powerful. With digital, you can now do that instantly," said Luke. " For an artist, an intimate concert captured in London which is then instantly released in over 22 countries can only be a good thing."

The company have been moving into the live music arena over the past few years. They launched a Live from London concert series at the Apple store on Oxford Street in 2005. They now host similar events at their New York and Tokyo stores. London, however, was the only choice for the company to launch this event.

"Your festival season is very strong. There are lots of fans routing through." said Luke. "We've only had great successes with Live from London, this is taking things to the next level."

It had been rumoured that Paul McCartney could be on the bill, and of course Prince is in town and hasn't yet announced where he is playing after his 02 arena stint. However, neither acts are on the list as yet.

"This isn't the full list by any means", explained Luke, " All I can say is, watch this space. Or rather our website. Most importantly though, we are extremely excited about those artists we have announced. It's going to be a trailblazing festival."

click for full list of artists announced to so far

http://www.itunesfestival.com/

and another article from Macworld with the same announcement

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?newsid=18270&pagtype=allchandate

to win tickets register here : http://www.itunesfestival.com/win-tickets/?date=2007-7-1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This made me laugh :lol3:

ICA is the most common shop were you buy food here in Sweden ^^ (don't know what the real English word is :bleh:)

I'd love if Mika had a gig at the Ica in my village :biggrin2:

someone ....anyone

i was just in the kitchen and overheard on channel 4 they were running a competition to win tickets to these string of concerts on their website http://www.channel4.com/t4

it was featured between the episodes of the simposons that are currently showing now

i have been to the website and cant find anything about winning tickets to this :boxed:

Oh and also apparently the venue is only 350 people :shocked:

someone ....anyone

i was just in the kitchen and overheard on channel 4 they were running a competition to win tickets to these string of concerts on their website www.channel4.com/t4

it was featured between the episodes of the simposons that are currently showing now

i have been to the website and cant find anything about winning tickets to this :boxed:

Oh and also apparently the venue is only 350 people :shocked:

Ooohhh

*Click*

well i have looked everywhere on the t4 site and cant see anything about winning tickets to the concerts ANYWHERE soo unless the competition hasnt opened yet i dont know :boxed:

well all i heard was ICA mika , some other artists i cant remember and the date 1st july and then they said about the competition on the website and the capacity of the venue and how tickets cant be brought but its ok because it will be televised on the 14th July = 1st July concert which should be Mika

Ooh - interesting.....i entered the i tunes comp the other day. (yes, sorry - the OTHER day before it was posted in here )LOL!! Ian entered it first and i had no clue about it!!! Grrrr!!!!! :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

oh what a surprise, it's not me lol, as it's computer generated, the chances of it being from someone in here is even less that farce of a one from TBA (yeah still not chuffed with their organisational skills, they're even worse than mine and mine ARE bad). :bleh:well I ain't heard yet and it says you get to hear about 4 days after the comp closes, and I think if anyone from here won they would be straight on to put us out of our misery. Mind you I would have thought at least one or two would maybe win as they need to fill this venue don't they. (just read 5 pairs of tickets were in this comp), so wonder who else is gonna be there.

7. Notification. Sponsor will notify the winner that he or she has won the Prize within four (4) days of the end of the Promotion Period. Entrants who have not won the Prize will not receive notification of same.

so I think that means today as the end of the comp was 24 June.

*ponders to herself the percentage possibilitys of getting a ticket for this concert*

its not looking good for me at the moment verryyyy Loowww chances :boxed:

*ponders to herself the percentage possibilitys of getting a ticket for this concert*

its not looking good for me at the moment verryyyy Loowww chances :boxed:

did u enter any cometitions for the tickets?:blink: