believe in yourself and you'll fly, high,

and it only matters how true you are

be true to yourself and follow your heart

CHORUS

So I won't give up, no,

I wont' break down,

sooner than it seems life turns around,

and I will be strong even if it all goes wrong

when I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe...

That I won't give up, no,

I wont' break down,

sooner than it seems life turns around,

and I will be strong even when it all goes wrong

when I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe....

that someone's watching over

someone's watching over

someone's watching over me

yeah yeah oh-OH

Someone's watching over me

:tears::no:

Some of us have become "friends" through this forum. Some of us have been lucky enough to even meet these friends! But I've wondered how sad it would be, if something drastic happened to someone, and we never hear from them again...and had absolutely no other contact information....

I suppose that would only be the case for very few since many have swapped personal e-mails through PMs and have communicated through Facebook or MySpace.

Still...if it ever happened that you all of a sudden never hear from someone again - how sad that would be. :blink:

Some of us have become "friends" through this forum. Some of us have been lucky enough to even meet these friends! But I've wondered how sad it would be, if something drastic happened to someone, and we never hear from them again...and had absolutely no other contact information....

I suppose that would only be the case for very few since many have swapped personal e-mails through PMs and have communicated through Facebook or MySpace.

Still...if it ever happened that you all of a sudden never hear from someone again - how sad that would be. :blink:

:shocked: Suzy I was thinking the same thing yesterday!.......It's a sad subjects but it could happen for real & it would be very drammatic, but in that case I think there's no way to communicate the fact here (IF something bad happen to one of us)....

I have thought of this too. That would be terrible. No, I don't even want to develop this topic further, but I see what you mean.

I was thinking the other day, that Mika's the first person I've ever heard refer to themselves as American as part of their heritage, like it's a culture.

For example, though I was born in America, if someone were to ask me, I would tell them I'm mostly German, Irish, and Scottish.

So what does it mean for someone to be half-American? Or whole, for that matter. For someone who's always lived here, I'm surprisingly drawing a blank because it seems to me that the inheritence of America is that it's one big gooey melting pot of peoples, their cultures, and mixing them up and seeing what happens. Not that it's a necessarily bad thing, it just suddenly seems unusual to me.

So how do you, other people born and raised in a different country, perceive America from an outside view, as well as your own cultures and heritage?

I was thinking the other day, that Mika's the first person I've ever heard refer to themselves as American as part of their heritage, like it's a culture.

For example, though I was born in America, if someone were to ask me, I would tell them I'm mostly German, Irish, and Scottish.

So what does it mean for someone to be half-American? Or whole, for that matter. For someone who's always lived here, I'm surprisingly drawing a blank because it seems to me that the inheritence of America is that it's one big gooey melting pot of peoples, their cultures, and mixing them up and seeing what happens. Not that it's a necessarily bad thing, it just suddenly seems unusual to me.

So how do you, other people born and raised in a different country, perceive America from an outside view, as well as your own cultures and heritage?

I really don't want to cause an uproar, but America is not my most favourite country. I don't want to travel there and I know I could never live there. The few Americans I have met have been really loud and obnoxious and narrow minded and I know not all of you are like that and every country, especially mine, has people who create a bad name for the others, but I've just been put off.... *braces for attack, please no*

I really don't want to cause an uproar, but America is not my most favourite country. I don't want to travel there and I know I could never live there. The few Americans I have met have been really loud and obnoxious and narrow minded and I know not all of you are like that and every country, especially mine, has people who create a bad name for the others, but I've just been put off.... *braces for attack, please no*

im an american, and i agree withyou. im pretty loud and obnoxious, but only around friends. i can be quiet, whatever the moment calls for. i blame my loudness on the angry german in me:naughty:

but yeah, most americans are very narrow minded, i dont care for it here. everyone says were better cause we got a democracy. im happy to not be in iraq or anything, but if a monarchy is run well, theres nothing wrong with that.:biggrin2:

im an american, and i agree withyou. im pretty loud and obnoxious, but only around friends. i can be quiet, whatever the moment calls for. i blame my loudness on the angry german in me:naughty:

but yeah, most americans are very narrow minded, i dont care for it here. everyone says were better cause we got a democracy. im happy to not be in iraq or anything, but if a monarchy is run well, theres nothing wrong with that.:biggrin2:

Yeah, that's what I thought. *sigh of relief*:biggrin2:

Oh, not everybody has to like everybody else. I trust enough that the majority of people on this forum have the sense to say what they think without being insulting- otherwise I never would've posed the question. I think we all understand from our own diversities that some similarly distasteful (and I'm using the term lightly, should anyone who have had any seriously horrible encounters think it's not nearly enough emphasis) people don't represent every other single person in a foreign country as a whole.

... Personally, I don't think I've actually met a British person I got along well with, but I know there's plenty of good ones out there, so it doesn't really sour my whole outlook. I just hope I have the pleasure of meeting the more pleasant ones someday.

What about your own places you come from? What's it like there and what traditions and things do you have?

I felt like bumping this thread:fisch:

it sucks i dont have time to be hear that much at the moment:thumbdown:

and eir :sorry: for the lack of mika updates..no time really :no:, and then the forum didn't work.

Wuuu i just found my eraser:punk:

two people want my drawings as tattos:shocked:

I hope this cold passes soon

i have a ton of work ahead:boxed:

This just in!!!!

It has been scientifically proven that when you listen to Mika you do things better. By who you may ask? Me.

Example: my college had an insomnia bowl that goes from midnight until 4am (it used to be 6am.) I got there about 3:10am since my friends bailed on me last minute and bowled four games since I was on a lane by myself.

The first two games without listening to Mika:

The last two games listening to Mika:

There you have it. Mika improves whatever you're doing. :wink2:

*i'm really tired...

*that exam is killin me..seriously..dunno if i pass it (don't think so)

*have to find another job.soon.

*i wish i already were on 15th sept

*i dreamt that on of my friends was pregnant: if she knows it,she'll gonna kill me :naughty:

You know Suzy, it's a bit eerie that you mentioned this, because the other day when I was driving back home from work I thought that exact same thing.

I thought 'if I was to have an accident now and die, people that I hve met through the MFC and so, and have no contact with others in my real life, would never know what happened. They would probably assume that I had just disappeared without manners, etc.'

It is a bit frightening to think how in today's day and age we can have these 'cyber lives' that to a point run parallel to our 'regular' lives, and they sort of co-exist yet never totally meet.

What an interesting thought!!

Anyway, on a more positive note, I hope that we will never have to face a situation like that :punk: