Mika's 50 Secrets - Le 50 Secrets de Mika

Posterofagirl

J’ai trouve cet article dans le magazine québécoise La Semaine, pour voir la photo de l’article en français cliquez sur la photo.

La Semaine

Le Grand Magazine Indépendant.

Vol. 3 No. 29 – 25 Août 2007.

LaSemaineMika1WebSmall.jpgLaSemaineMika2WebSmall.jpg

I fount this article on a magazine from Quebec called La Semaine, click on the pictures to see a bigger version.

It’s originally in French, I translated it, but it might not be perfect. I’m sure you will be able to understand. (If you find something that it’s not right, you can tell me and I’ll correct it!:thumb_yello: ) (I think the information here contradicts with somethings that have been said before, but I translated the information as it was.)

La Semaine

Le Grand Magazine Indépendant.

Vol. 3 No. 29 – 25 Août 2007.

Portrait of a Star

The interpreter of Grace Kelly and Love Today.

Mika’s 50 secrets.

The likable Mika makes us dance with the successful songs Love Today and Grace Kelly. His album Life in Cartoon Motion is a true anthem to the pleasures of life.

1. His name is Michael “Mica” Holbrook Penniman.

2. His family nickname is Mica. He changed the c by a k for professional reasons.

3. He was born under the sign of Leo, August 18th 1983.

4. He was born in Beirut, Lebanon, just like Keanu Reeves, that he knows well, and is his favourite actor.

5. He is 1.91m (6’3”) tall and weighs 82.8 kg (183 lb).

6. He is single.

7. His sexual orientation being unceasingly the object of questions, he answers that he doesn’t have accounts to anybody and that public must take him for what he is first and foremost, a singer and a musician.

8. He is author, composer and interpreter.

9. His mother is from Lebanon-Syrian origin and his father American.

10. His father is a banker and his mother a housewife.

11. Because of the political context of his country, his family leaves Lebanon when he was one year old, to settle in Paris.

12. He was 9 years old when his family leaves the city of light to settle in London.

13. During the Golf war, in 1990, his dad was held, for security reasons, at the United States embassy in Koweit, during 7 moths.

14. He is third in a family of five children.

15. His older sister, Yasmine, an artist with the Penname Dawack, did the booklet of his album Life in Cartoon Motion.

16. He lives in the basement of his parents 5.3 millions $ house, in South Kensigton, in London’s suburbs.

17. In Paris, he studied at The “Lycée Français Charles Gaulle” where he was described by his teachers as “a slow student.” They later noticed he suffered from dysphasia (central disorder linked to verbal communication.)

18. due to the negative attitude of his teachers and sarcasm of his classmates, his mother became his home school teacher during two years.

19. In London, he studied primary school at St. Phillips in Kensington, after he did high school at Westminster. Later, he studied at the Royal College of Music, which he left to record his first album.

20. He doesn’t like to label his music style, but he says it’s between pop, rock, power pop, dance pop and glam rock.

21. He signed a contract with Universal-Casablanca Records.

22. He plays piano, guitar and a little bit of drums.

23. His voice can reach 5 octaves.

24. Because of his vocal acrobatics and his facility to sing in high tones, he is often compared to Freddie Mercury, from Queen.

25. He had as a teacher a known Russian opera singer called Alla Ardalov.

26. He was chosen as the most popular and most promising singer by a survey done in England by “Sound of 2007”.

27. He composed his first song at the age of 7. It was called “Angry”.

28. His first single Relax, Take it easy, released in fall 2006, passed completely unperceived. It’s the song Grace Kelly that launched him.

29. On Relax, Take It Easy, it’s found the melody of I Just Died in Your Arms, by Cutting Crew.

30. He speaks French as well as English.

31. At 11 years old, he played in an opera of Richard Strauss at the Royal Opera House.

32. At 15 years old, his performance in Vaughan William’s production “The Pilgrim’s Progress” at the Royal Opera House, gave him good critiques and the first pages of musical publication.

33. In January 21st, 2007, the song Grace Kelly dominated every British chart and became the second song to attain this position, thanks to downloads only.

34. Life in Cartoon Motion, his first album was launched by Universal Records, February 5th, 2007.

35. This first album gave him good comparisons to Freddie Mercury, Scissor Sisters, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Robbie Williams and David Bowie.

36. He wrote music that was played at all British Airways planes.

37. He wrote the music for a chewing-gum commercial.

38. He has a terrible fear of water and of sharks.

39. Like author-composer he fixed and objective so that his songs are not sung at karaoke.

40. He would like to be the first singer and composer to represent Lebanon at the contest Eurovision Song Contest of 2009.

41. He collaborated with Madonna’s next album that will come out in October 2007.

42. He set up his own company “Dodgy Holiday Tours”, that has links to an Irish accountants firm, of which the Gallagher brothers are clients.

43. He is allergic to seafood and peanut butter.

44. His favourite male singers are Placido Domingo, Freddie Mercury, Tony Bennett and Sir Elton John.

45. His favourite female singers are Beverly Sills, Madonna, Aniie Lennox and Cleo Lane.

46. He promised himself to write an opera rock before his thirties.

47. On his next album he will duo with the opera singer Dame Kiri te Kanawa and the rocker Annie Lennox.

48. Recently, he hurt himself while falling from the drum set during a show.

49. He was supposed to do a show in Montreal in profit of the “Club des Petits Dejeuners” this past august 10th. But he had to cancel his visit because of his injury.

50. It was Gregory Charles that replaced him.

Pffft. Some of those are quite inaccurate, and I'm not so sure it's because of the translation.

Especially the "dysphasia" thing.

"Dysphasia is a language disorder in which there is an impairment of speech and of comprehension of speech. It is caused by brain damage, usually in the left side of the brain which is responsible for language and communication."

Dyslexia, Dysphasia, all the same to a rushed journalist, I suppose.:thumbdown:

But, thank you for posting!

• Like 1

Mmm, some verrry interesting stuff there, I like the one at the end about Canada.

:roftl: :roftl: I can only laugh...

Otherwise, I didn't know about the seafood and peanut butter allergy...

Thanks for posting!

Pffft. Some of those are quite inaccurate, and I'm not so sure it's because of the translation.

"Dysphasia is a language disorder in which there is an impairment of speech and of comprehension of speech. It is caused by brain damage, usually in the left side of the brain which is responsible for language and communication."

yeah... I don't really believe his weight either... If I look at guys I know with a similar figure... no way:mf_rosetinted:

thanx for posting and esp. for the translation! :biggrin2:

50 secrets? well, i think i knew at least 40 of them already. :naughty: and they got some stuff wrong. but what i found interesting was:

guitar? never heard of that, does anyone know if that's true?

and this stuff i also didn't know before:

43. He is allergic to seafood and peanut butter.

46. He promised himself to write an opera rock before his thirties.

47. On his next album he will duo with the opera singer Dame Kiri te Kanawa and the rocker Annie Lennox.

Yeah, I know some of them are inacurate:sneaky2: , but I translated them as they said. While I was doing it, I was thinking, "Nooo, that is not true" but left it as it was, because well, i was just translating.

They should have asked any MFCer, we could have done a better job! :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: :roftl: I can only laugh...

Otherwise, I didn't know about the seafood and peanut butter allergy...

Thanks for posting!

Yeah...I didn't know that either.

50 secrets, not so secret to any MCFer...:roftl:

guitar? never heard of that, does anyone know if that's true?

I wouldn't be surprised, I mean, he did study at music college, and you have to have basic knowledge of more than one instrument to get accepted.

(well... at least in here...:blink:)

48. Recently, he hurt himself while falling from the drum set during a show.

Awww, i didnt know he got hurt :yikes:

aww, and he kept going anyway:wub2:

hes so sweet!!

and i think its awsome he got to work with annie lennox!!

i love her!!:wub2:

thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

Awww, i didnt know he got hurt :yikes:

aww, and he kept going anyway:wub2:

hes so sweet!!

and i think its awsome he got to work with annie lennox!!

i love her!!:wub2:

thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

So much of it seems a bit off to me and others, so I will wait till I hear it, then I'll believe it. :mf_rosetinted:

and is 42 no not just one of his little lies?

I don't know about the Gallagher brothers being involved, but Dodgy Holiday Tours is the name of a legitmate company in the UK, according to this:

(PDF):

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/download.asp?docId=1098529

It's alphabetical, so it's obviously with all the other "D" companies...

is he really allergic to seafood and peanut butter? i can't be sure because some of this stuff was off like the explanation for the cancelling of tha canada gig and he can not sing 5 octives :naughty: thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

If he is allergic, that would explain his aversion to fish! :biggrin2:

But seriously, if he is, ugh. My fiance is deathly allergic to all peanuts and treenuts, and avoiding allergens when we travel is a whole lot of work.

yeah the dodgy holiday tours company exists. i've just heard about it yesterday for the first time, it was in an old article in the daily mirror (here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/archive/tm_method=full%26objectid=18545057%26siteid=89520-name_page.html) and i googled the company and it came up on several websites. it's based in london and was incorporated on nov 1st last year. so i guess this one's true.

yeah the dodgy holiday tours company exists. i've just heard about it yesterday for the first time, it was in an old article in the daily mirror (here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/archive/tm_method=full%26objectid=18545057%26siteid=89520-name_page.html) and i googled the company and it came up on several websites. it's based in london and was incorporated on nov 1st last year. so i guess this one's true.

Well it is certainly true that it exists........

Thx for posting & for the translation!!

As it has already been said those 50 "truths" aren't really secrets for MFCer:naughty: but i didnt know about the allergy & the compagny & 2 or 3 other things...

I have doubt about a collaboration with Madonna :blink: & the eurovision thing is not true...

Thx for posting & for the translation!!

As it has already been said those 50 "truths" aren't really secrets for MFCer:naughty: but i didnt know about the allergy & the compagny & 2 or 3 other things...

I have doubt about a collaboration with Madonna :blink: & the eurovision thing is not true...

yeah I'm not sure whether the majority of these "secrets" are true or wrong :naughty:

the weight is wrong, that I can tell because in the interview after the Olympia he said himself he weighed 73kg...

yeah I'm not sure whether the majority of these "secrets" are true or wrong :naughty:

the weight is wrong, that I can tell because in the interview after the Olympia he said himself he weighed 73kg...

haha!! you see! I knew it!! I know too many tall skinny guys to believe he weighed 80+ kg!:mf_rosetinted:

puhhhleeeaasse

This is also the second magazine (The first one was a teen magazine called Full Fille.) that I see that has inaccurate information about Mika. the other one, I just read, I couldn't keep it, but I could totally tell all the information had been taken from Wikipedia (Which at the time was wrong).

Maybe I should write them and tell them all that they got wrong. :bleh: even if I know they won't really care.

Oh man, the rock opera thing would be amazing. I hope he sticks to that resolution. That would be so perfect for me.

They seem to misspell things (Alla Ardakov, nor Ardalov) and the dysphasia thing, but at least they got his name right!

--Jack