The UK Promotion Of Mika thread.

Marilyn Mastin

I will be curious to hear what you think of Glee.

One of the things Mika has going for him ( as far as Glee using one of his songs ) is that a lot of the accapella groups in the U.S. & Britain are already singing his songs. We just need to bombard the production company or/and television station with a multitude of contacts to nudge them to consider doing a Mika song or two or three. I know - I am greedy.:roftl:

If you visit youtube you will find accapella groups singing Mika's songs.

Take care.

I wanted to ask whether you & everybody here in this thread if you think a "Flash Mob" could be organized in L.A.?

I know Mika has a lot of fans in L.A.

Plus Flash Mobs have fans of it's own.

Between the two sets of fans, twitter, MFC, other social media outlets it would be amazing & newsworthy if a "The Boy WHo Knew Too Much" Mika song was organized.

I am sure Mika has creative producing/directing friends in L.A. that would see it through.

I would think that the entertainment news media would pick up on it & the name Mika & one his songs would be given some good coverage in the North America. :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I think it is something we here should talk about.

What do you think??

What does everybody here think??

Yes, that's a great idea! I think to try and get them to play Mika's songs, it might be best to choose something that acapella groups are singing, rather than something like We Are Golden which the masses there are not likely to 'get'.

I'm sure there will be some good quality vids up soon, from Mika's gig with the King Singers! The ones I've seen so far arn't the best quality, but it's still obvious that Mika's voice is breathtaking, and TKS sound wonderful too. Those vids might get Americans (and others) talking and listening, so links to those vids (once they appear) on your homepage of your social networking site(s) would be brilliant.

I have advertised this thread on mikafans.net, which is a great site and very easy to use. I also advertised the other promotion thread that B!anca started for untoured and underdevelped countries, as we are all part of the same team.

http://www.mikafans.net/

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Flash Mob is a really cool idea:thumb_yello: I think it would be great fun as well. Maybe we should organise something like that in every city there are enough people close to:wink2:

I was also thinking of printing stickers... I don't think I myself could order stickers just like that (I'm not even an adult:aah:) but maybe someone has a possibility to do that. Or maybe we could print self-made posters :biggrin2: Ok I know that's not much, but... :aah:

Anyway the Flash Mob thing should be a PARTY! :yay:

Flash Mob is a really cool idea:thumb_yello: I think it would be great fun as well. Maybe we should organise something like that in every city there are enough people close to:wink2:

I was also thinking of printing stickers... I don't think I myself could order stickers just like that (I'm not even an adult:aah:) but maybe someone has a possibility to do that. Or maybe we could print self-made posters :biggrin2: Ok I know that's not much, but... :aah:

Of course! Sounds good to me!

Also, if Mika and his people have been thinking of some kind of Street teaming in America, it's good that we on this thread can make a start on it and the way to start getting him played on American radio would be to get as many people involved as possible. It's no use about 20 people asking for Mika songs, you need more than that, and the idea of having a certain day where you email the stations is a really good idea. So use twitter, myspace MSN facebook, anything to spread the word.

I am going to advertise this thread on mikafans.net, to try and get more people involved with promoting Mika.

Marilyn that is interesting what you say here, "It's no use about 20 people asking for Mika songs, you need more than that, and the idea of having a certain day where you email the stations is a really good idea."

We could certainly arrange to get twenty Mika Fans or more to email a radio station or television station on one particular day depending on what we want promoted or requested.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Yes, that's a great idea! I think to try and get them to play Mika's songs, it might be best to choose something that acapella groups are singing, rather than something like We Are Golden which the masses there are not likely to 'get'.

I'm sure there will be some good quality vids up soon, from Mika's gig with the King Singers! The ones I've seen so far arn't the best quality, but it's still obvious that Mika's voice is breathtaking, and TKS sound wonderful too. Those vids might get Americans (and others) talking and listening, so links to those vids (once they appear) on your homepage of your social networking site(s) would be brilliant.

I have advertised this thread on mikafans.net, which is a great site and very easy to use. I also advertised the other promotion thread that B!anca started for untoured and underdevelped countries, as we are all part of the same team.

http://www.mikafans.net/

I was thinking of asking you & the others here if France would be the best place to try to arrange a Flash Mob ( if we decide that is a good idea ) as Mika has so many fans there. Also L.A. California would be another great place to arrange a Flash Mob.

The thing I like about Flash mobs besides them being really kewl is that they get a fair amount of attention from bloggers, regular news outlets, entertainment outlets & lots of people like them at youtube.

Definitely an idea to discuss here.

Right on MissPie!

Now that Mika has established some credibility with acapella groups throughout the U.S. & Britain. The amazing performances with The King's Singers at the Little Noise Sessions was outstanding.

I really want to push for getting "Glee" the new very popular television show in the U.S. to feature a Mika song or two.

Mika really needs the U.S. exposure & he is perfect for that show.

We could certainly try some of the things we have discussed here to get the attention of the production company.

Ryan Murphy is the creator.

Murphy selects ALL the music featured on the show.

Fox is the television station it is on.

Once we have decided & discussed it here I can certainly get the email address, web page or whatever we need to contact them.

This is a good start isn't it?

I hope we can get others to join us here.

More importantly I hope we can create & put into action some really good & effective ideas to promote Mika.

Already started my ideas!

Requested to my head teacher that me and a few mates could put up flyers where there was room.

He said yeah.

I also printed BIG versions of the album and stuck it to my clothes.

AND walked around with rain playing loudly when I go to lessons.

Got 16 people to buy the rain single on monday but none yet for the album.

Requested to my head teacher that me and a few mates could put up flyers where there was room.

He said yeah.

Bravo! Good for you Emika!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

He said yeah.

That is great! I reminded some friends of mine to watch the RAH concert. They know Mika is on it, because they already know I'm a huge fan. I'll be grilling them about it when I see them on Sunday, when I will remind them that Rain is comming out as the new single, and getting them to buy his album!

Some amazing news which has been reported elsewhere! The Queen is going to get a huge thrill at the Royal Variety Performance. Mika has been chosen to perform! Will her heart stand it I wonder! It might go something like this...

Queenie: Phillip, one wonders who that beautiful man is who is singing like an angel and dancing, on the stage. Please would you pass one the opera glasses so one can see his rear end better!

Phillip: Stop looking at his rear end Lilibet! You are too old for such things! I think it is someone called Mika.

Queenie: I must invite him to the palace so I can see his rear end better, and I'll knight him while he is there.That name of his will sound wonderful with 'Sir' before it.

France does sound like a good place for a Flash mob btw.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I will be curious to hear what you think of Glee.

One of the things Mika has going for him ( as far as Glee using one of his songs ) is that a lot of the accapella groups in the U.S. & Britain are already singing his songs. We just need to bombard the production company or/and television station with a multitude of contacts to nudge them to consider doing a Mika song or two or three. I know - I am greedy.:roftl:

If you visit youtube you will find accapella groups singing Mika's songs.

Take care.

I wanted to ask whether you & everybody here in this thread if you think a "Flash Mob" could be organized in L.A.?

I know Mika has a lot of fans in L.A.

Plus Flash Mobs have fans of it's own.

Between the two sets of fans, twitter, MFC, other social media outlets it would be amazing & newsworthy if a "The Boy WHo Knew Too Much" Mika song was organized.

I am sure Mika has creative producing/directing friends in L.A. that would see it through.

I would think that the entertainment news media would pick up on it & the name Mika & one his songs would be given some good coverage in the North America. :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I think it is something we here should talk about.

What do you think??

What does everybody here think??

My Dad is going to get the show for my aunt, so hopefully I can see it before he sends it out.

Really!? I didn't know that accapella groups in the U.S where singing his songs! Brittan I'm not too surprised since he is popular there, though Mika does sing high.

*looks on youtube* Holy cow, the 1st result is a New York group! Though it is mostly one guy singing it. Yea, we should try and get Glee to do it.

Ehh, not sure on the L.A idea, but then again it could just be that I'm tired of everything happening relating to Mika (besides his recent concert here) being everywhere except here. Or If I got the right idea of a flash Mob I don't really like them...

EDIT: For the acapella song, it seems like Happy Ending is the most popular jugging by the video's on Youtube. Love today and Grace Kelly are second.

Edited by Buzzbuzz

Just to let you know I saw a Mika advert!

Obviously it was about his second album. It included snippets of the videos for BIOTG, Rain and WAG, and showed rating from Q and glamour (4 star and 5 stars). I saw it on Living TV.

Yay! Mika promotion!

I was thinking of asking you & the others here if France would be the best place to try to arrange a Flash Mob ( if we decide that is a good idea ) as Mika has so many fans there. Also L.A. California would be another great place to arrange a Flash Mob.

The thing I like about Flash mobs besides them being really kewl is that they get a fair amount of attention from bloggers, regular news outlets, entertainment outlets & lots of people like them at youtube.

Definitely an idea to discuss here.

Definitely good:thumb_yello:

I live close to Munich, idk about how many people there would be likely to come if there's one around here. Should I ask mellody?

Obviously it was about his second album. It included snippets of the videos for BIOTG, Rain and WAG, and showed rating from Q and glamour (4 star and 5 stars). I saw it on Living TV.

Yay! Mika promotion!

Yay :thumb_yello:

Definitely good:thumb_yello:

I live close to Munich, idk about how many people there would be likely to come if there's one around here. Should I ask mellody?

Yay :thumb_yello:

Yes ask mellody!:thumb_yello:

Wherever a Flash Mob could have the potential of being successful I think it is worth considering & disccussing here.

We are slowly coming up with some ideas.

Now we will have to get more people interested & start working out which ones we think we could make work.

I was thinking about exchanging links to the sites of radio stations where you can e-mail them to make a "song wish" so they'd get more mails at once. If necessary, we could also provide each other with messages in the language needed. Any good?

Yay! Mika promotion!

Kewl Caz!

I am so disappointed in Canada - where I live.

We are doing nothing this time out.

I don't understand it.

When Mika was here in Toronto in October there were no radio or telvision interviews.

I even had to correct the HMV web page (record store) as they had the title of TBWKTM wrong.

I mean how lame is that?

The Canadian shows were well attended but the press isn't doing anything.

Montreal did some - thank goodness.

But the rest of the country - Nothing!

alright, this made me research all sorts of info about flashmobs in the last 2 hours. :naughty: soo... if all the munich mika-fans i know of would come, we'd be 7-8 ppl... not that many, but we could try to get some flashmob-fans to join us, and maybe some could persuade friends etc. to join as well? i think if it's just 5 ppl or so, it doesn't make much sense, but with at least 15-20, it could be cool. i'm thinking of a saturday in december - maybe the 12th, 1 day after the single is out here - and of a choreography that involves umbrellas (and the "mfc rain dance" :naughty:), to about 1 minute of "rain" - whole song would be too long imo.

anyway, i've posted it on the german forum for now, let's see what response i get there, and depending on how many would take part, we can decide whether it makes sense.

a mika flashmob in munich, haha, i'd SO love it!! :biggrin2:

btw, about the uk, this doesn't help for now, but for one of the days of the london gigs in february we could do it in this hammersmith shopping centre that's right across the street from the venue. :naughty:

alright, this made me research all sorts of info about flashmobs in the last 2 hours. :naughty: soo... if all the munich mika-fans i know of would come, we'd be 7-8 ppl... not that many, but we could try to get some flashmob-fans to join us, and maybe some could persuade friends etc. to join as well? i think if it's just 5 ppl or so, it doesn't make much sense, but with at least 15-20, it could be cool. i'm thinking of a saturday in december - maybe the 12th, 1 day after the single is out here - and of a choreography that involves umbrellas (and the "mfc rain dance" :naughty:), to about 1 minute of "rain" - whole song would be too long imo.

anyway, i've posted it on the german forum for now, let's see what response i get there, and depending on how many would take part, we can decide whether it makes sense.

btw, about the uk, this doesn't help for now, but for one of the days of the london gigs in february we could do it in this hammersmith shopping centre that's right across the street from the venue. :naughty:

mellody I think it would have to be - at the very least - hundreds don't you?

I mean if we gathered enough support & made this happen it has to be decent or we will embarrass Mika.

First we have to get more support here.

I really thought other MFCers ( I mean a lot ) would have gathered here on this thread to exchange ideas, express enthusiasm & arrange some concrete plans for some Mika promotion.

I guess I am a little disappointed - so far.

But I am not giving up.

The few we have here are coming up with some good ideas.

But don't you think we would need a lot more to be effective?

Ah, you were faster with coming here than I was with asking you:roftl: Sounds good so far and I agree, I'd SO love that. But Kodes is probably right, we'd need "a few" more people. There must be a way to reach enough Mika/flash mob fans though. I'm not giving up:naughty:

Ah, you were faster with coming here than I was with asking you:roftl: Sounds good so far and I agree, I'd SO love that. But Kodes is probably right, we'd need "a few" more people. There must be a way to reach enough Mika/flash mob fans though. I'm not giving up:naughty:

No! I am not giving up either.

I think it would be interesting to see how much interest there would be in France for a Flash Mob.

Mika has the greatest number of fans there.

If that would work than we could see about Munich & L.A. hopefully.

No! I am not giving up either.

I think it would be interesting to see how much interest there would be in France for a Flash Mob.

Mika has the greatest number of fans there.

If that would work than we could see about Munich & L.A. hopefully.

Agreed!:thumb_yello:

mellody I think it would have to be - at the very least - hundreds don't you?

I mean if we gathered enough support & made this happen it has to be decent or we will embarrass Mika.

First we have to get more support here.

I really thought other MFCers ( I mean a lot ) would have gathered here on this thread to exchange ideas, express enthusiasm & arrange some concrete plans for some Mika promotion.

I guess I am a little disappointed - so far.

But I am not giving up.

The few we have here are coming up with some good ideas.

But don't you think we would need a lot more to be effective?

i think it's the idea that counts, not the number of people. here's a video of a small jacko flashmob in germany:

- it still has over 7000 views. the main thing is that it attracts attention and that ppl are like :blink: when they see it. and a group of already 10-20 ppl dancing around with umbrellas in munich city on a xmas shopping saturday certainly would have that effect.

the main idea of a flashmob is a group of ppl doing something silly and unexpected in public. thinking about how embarrassing it is for anyone is imo the wrong way of looking at this kind of thing. i think mika would find it cool. and it's not supposed to be sold as a marketing gag anyway - many flashmobbers are strictly against any sort of intention/meaning behind a flashmob, especially if it's used for advertising. so if you want any non-mika-fans to take part, sell it as a dance with umbrellas to which mika's music just happens to fit (and of course be mentioned on youtube :naughty:). if you think it makes only sense if you got hundreds of mika fans together in one place, you'd have to do it on a concert date i think, because you probably wouldn't even get that in france.

i think it's the idea that counts, not the number of people. here's a video of a small jacko flashmob in germany:
- it still has over 7000 views. the main thing is that it attracts attention and that ppl are like :blink: when they see it. and a group of already 10-20 ppl dancing around with umbrellas in munich city on a xmas shopping saturday certainly would have that effect.

the main idea of a flashmob is a group of ppl doing something silly and unexpected in public. thinking about how embarrassing it is for anyone is imo the wrong way of looking at this kind of thing. i think mika would find it cool. and it's not supposed to be sold as a marketing gag anyway - many flashmobbers are strictly against any sort of intention/meaning behind a flashmob, especially if it's used for advertising. so if you want any non-mika-fans to take part, sell it as a dance with umbrellas to which mika's music just happens to fit (and of course be mentioned on youtube :naughty:). if you think it makes only sense if you got hundreds of mika fans together in one place, you'd have to do it on a concert date i think, because you probably wouldn't even get that in france.

Okay!?

I don't agree with your reasoning:

1) 7,147 views since August 8th is not a lot of attention.

2) Without at least a hundred people it will look lame & be up for the "haters" to easily criticize.

But that is just my opinion.

It is up to everybody here as to what we do.

I want it to be a success just as much as you do.

If we went in this direction & are lucky enough to get a couple of hundred people in France to participate in a Flash Mob it would be a really good thing for Mika.

Anything less will look amateurish & put a target on Mika's back - just my opinion.