The UK Promotion Of Mika thread.

Marilyn Mastin

From twitter:

WeekendWireless - If you follow we will play your favourite song on Sundays show.

:mf_rosetinted:

WeekendWireless - @bunny_boiler I am opening it to other requests rather than just mika. Ha

so much for that... :blink:

Edited by Dark Angel

• 2 months later...

Please email Jo Whiley on the Radio One link below. Caz and I have already emailed and asked why KA (WAY) is not on Radio One's playlist and have asked her to play it!

This is the last weekend before the release and Mika just HAS to have a hit!

We have been patient with Radio One but now it's time to prove that Mika fans do (tactfully) kick ass!

Jo has always been good to Mika, so let's see if she will help us and play the song. Radio One is the biggest station in the country with a lot of influence where the charts are concerned. :thumb_yello:

Please email other djs or radio stations as well

• 1 month later...

It was suggested on the UK Team thread on Mika's Secret Society, that we have a thread on here to help keep us all together.

I started this thread a while back, so why not use this one as it's already up and running and was started by me, for the exact same purpose of promoting and supporting Mika.

Here's an idea I've had. Why not try and start some kind of Twitter campaign to get Mika's songs onto Glee! I have already tweeted that I wish the cast would perform his songs, and I asked if anyone else agreed? It is surely worth a try. What do others think?

• 3 months later...

I wonder if everyone is aware that Kick-Ass (the movie) is released on DVD on Monday.

I wonder if this could be a platform for some Mika promotion, as interest in the movie re-surfaces?

I'm thinking of using the #mikakicksass trend from Monday. I'm actually hoping that the DVD has Mika's video on it, but if it doesn't, at least the song might get heard on the credits because no one will be running out of the cinema to catch the bus this time. Does anyone have any other ideas?

• 5 months later...

1254086455.png

They are at it again!

twitter_48.pngWeekendWireless

I want to get to 400 followers by the time I go on air at 5pm.

All new followers can have a song playing and mention on the radio.

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Follow at

WeekendWireless 103.6 FM

WeekendWireless (WeekendWireless) on Twitter

and promote the Boss!

http://twitter.com/WeekendWireless

WEB =

http://weekendwireless.co.uk/index.html

Edited by A. Clay

• 2 months later...

What is everyone listening to??

about 2 hours ago via web by DJJazzy

MIKA FANS:

Everybody tweet @IslandRecords &

tell them you are listening to @mikasounds music . . .

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 year later...

BUMP!!

I wanted to bump this thread to encourage fans, especially UK fans, to contact @BBCR1 to try and get Celebrate played on that station. R2 is great, but their listeners don't download singles as they are older.

I have already tweeted them a few times and asked for RTs aswell. But we need LOTS of people to contact them, or they will take no notice.

If people wish to, you could post links or twinks to other radio stations on here too.

This single HAS to be a hit. We can't have it stopping at 72 as the previous 3 singles did. So please let radio stations know we need to hear Mika again.

I also want to pass on the information about a twitter trending day for #TheOriginOfLove on the 16th September. Let's all join in and get TOOL trending worldwide.

My new twitter account can be accessed under my avvie, if you wish to follow me.

That's all for now... Over to you all.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Just tweeted BBCR1!

I know this is the UK thread but as there's no point in an Irish one as there are only 2 active Irish MFC'ers! It'd help if people could tweet @Spin1038, they had it on their playlist but took it off!

Well I bumped this as it's one I'd started ages ago. I didn't want to be cluttering up the forum with another thread for promoting Mika.

Of course, anyone from Ireland or anywhere else could put a link or twink to a station. We can all help eachother and ultimately help Mika to get a hit

Even if we'd have prefered another single than Celebrate, the fact is, it IS the single and really needs to be a hit, to help Mika get back on top where he belongs, and it's a whole lot better than most of the rubbish they're playing atm.

I'll send a tweet to the Irish station, deffinately.

Just tweeted BBCR1!

I know this is the UK thread but as there's no point in an Irish one as there are only 2 active Irish MFC'ers! It'd help if people could tweet @Spin1038, they had it on their playlist but took it off!

I tweeted spin a good few times last week they always ignored it! I'm not going to give up though!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I'm not sure that it has many listeners in the UK. We need to get him noticed on stations like R1, R2, Capital FM, Absolute and Heart FM.

R1 is a lost cause, not worth the bother.

I'm not sure that it has many listeners in the UK. We need to get him noticed on stations like R1, R2, Capital FM, Absolute and Heart FM.

The problem is, they take no notice, and there aren't enough UK people requesting his music. That's why Mika needs to do something here in UK, like he has in Italy and France.

This would spark more interest in him again, and get the radio stations playing his music.

I hope that car ad comes on TV in UK, as Overrated is a stunning song, and should have been a single, instead of Celebrate, which was disastrous in the UK.

There have been some foolish moves by the record company, that's why I'm glad Mika is talking control of his own promotion. I really hope he comes back to do what he has to, in UK, to get his career back on track.

Until he does, I don't think any strategy of ours will work, as we UK people who remember him and love him, are too few at the moment.

Hello UK friends! :bye:

That's why Mika needs to do something here in UK, like he has in Italy and France.

This would spark more interest in him again, and get the radio stations playing his music.

Here in Italy is a superstar thanks to XFactor and he sold quite well his "greatest hits" album (i use this name on purpose even if he does not like it :tongue2:) anyway his music was not always in all radio stations... recently they launched Popular, we will inform you about...)

.... as we UK people who remember him and love him, are too few at the moment.

You are few but you are the best! :thumb_yello:

Hello UK friends! :bye:

Here in Italy is a superstar thanks to XFactor and he sold quite well his "greatest hits" album (i use this name on purpose even if he does not like it :tongue2:) anyway his music was not always in all radio stations... recently they launched Popular, we will inform you about...)

You are few but you are the best! :thumb_yello:

Thank you for saying that. It makes me so sad that the UK aren't even aware of his success in Italy and France. Neither are the radio stations playing Popular Song, even though it has millions of hits on YouTube, and is way better than Gangham Style.

I just hope that soon Mika will reveal some plan to capture the UK again. Until then, we will probably have to be patient and hope for better times in UK soon.

• 1 year later...

BUMP

I've bumped the thread because now might be a good time to get Radio One to play Mika's songs. I've already tweeted them, using

#NoPlaceInHeaven to ask them to play Mika's new songs and I said that the new album is awesome (which it is)

So if more people do the same thing, it might do some good and won't do any harm, because people following Radio 1 will read the tweets and might check out the album

It's @BBCR1 and here is, also, the Radio 1 website. I can't figure out how to make contact through the site though, so if someone else can figure it out, let us know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1

Remember, anyone tweeting, use #NoPlaceInHeaven in the tweets. Get the name of the album out there. Ask your friends to also tweet, as we need lots of tweets, and RT anyone's that you see.

Let's try and do this for Mika, while the ball is rolling in his favour.

Edit: I've realised that there's a row of contact details on the homepage of the Radio One website. You just click the one you want.  

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

• 5 months later...