The UK Promotion Of Mika thread.

Marilyn Mastin

But surely if his people knew there was a demand, they could make it happen. I just said, on the Australian Petition thread, that I'd tweeted Mika to ask for another UK gig, and for him to also go to Australia and tour USA. On that thread, people from South America also said they want to see him. I said, maybe the countrymen and women of each country, who want to see him, need to seriously get tweeting, and rt the tweets they see. That way, he, and his people will know that he's wanted in other countries, not just Italy and France.

I'm @AlansGoodWife on Twitter, if anyone wants to rt my tweet

I saw it and retweeted it!  I agree with everything you said. :thumb_yello:

• dcdeb unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

OK UK fans - Mika has actually said that he wants to do more gigs in the UK but it is up to us to get on to his promoter, Metropolis Music.  He gave a contact name of Alex Hardy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, silver said:

OK UK fans - Mika has actually said that he wants to do more gigs in the UK but it is up to us to get on to his promoter, Metropolis Music.  He gave a contact name of Alex Hardy.

I think it's actually Alex Hardee

https://www.paradigmagency.com/music/mika/

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

Mika has asked us to do it, so we have to! 😃

Yes let's message every contact we can, as much as we can!

I've mentioned Mika to so many people in the UK this year, friends, family, people visiting my campsite, random people I've met anywhere!  (yes they definitely think I'm a bit nuts!). 

But seriously I have only had one person say they didn't like his music. If I had a pound for every person who has said to me this year "Oh yes Mika, I really liked him. Why did he retire? What happened to him?" I would be rich enough to follow Mika on your everywhere 😂😂

I emailed a venue earlier this year where I saw Mika in 2010, I got quite a positive response.

Anything is worth a try isn't it?

We should get contacting the BBC Two Ken Bruce show I guess. Let them know that we are delighted that Mika is on the show this Thursday. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, silver said:

I tried contacting Metropole Music and Alex Hardee, but neither has bothered to reply

Not entirely surprising, but still disappointing. Good on you for trying though. Perhaps more of us should try, maybe they would have to notice then?? 🤔

• 1 year later...

Hi all

So, I'm not expecting a response, but I've just emailed Alex Hardee asking how we can get Mika in the UK again, and if there's anything we (the fans) can do to help achieve it. If I do get a reply I'll share it here. If I don't get a reply... try, try again, I can be a pleasant but persistent thorn if needed. 😈 

Edit: have also emailed Metropolis. 

Edited by Hero
Added update.
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Um. I'm confuzzled. Mika said his UK promoter is Metropolis and agent Alex Hardee at Paradigm, but in the faq thread it says his UK rep is YMU, which seems to have an active contact:  https://music.ymugroup.com/people/mika

Anyone able to clarify? 

It looks like he has changed agencies again.  YMU seems to be the most recent information.

Thanks Silver! I've emailed the listed contact at YMU as well - can't hurt to cover all bases. 

Following on from Vicki's post above about contacting venues, I had a thought - do we know which Mika's favourite or preferred venues are in the UK? I'd love to see a full UK tour, but it might not be practical with his schedule. If we can gather a list of preferred options, we could all contact the venues to let them know and ask if they could help in any way. 

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

Thanks Silver! I've emailed the listed contact at YMU as well - can't hurt to cover all bases. 

Following on from Vicki's post above about contacting venues, I had a thought - do we know which Mika's favourite or preferred venues are in the UK? I'd love to see a full UK tour, but it might not be practical with his schedule. If we can gather a list of preferred options, we could all contact the venues to let them know and ask if they could help in any way. 

I admire your enthusiasm, but with the Covid situation the chances of getting a gig in the UK are about nil.

Maybe when the music scene gets going again, we might try contacting venues again.

tbh the chances of a UK tour are pretty slim anyway, he's appeared in London in the past few years, but the last full UK tour was back in 2010.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hero said:

Following on from Vicki's post above about contacting venues, I had a thought - do we know which Mika's favourite or preferred venues are in the UK?

Just to add my 3 cents.

I tried the same approach in Poland and I contacted Alex. And then I contacted venues.

But generally it's not venues are organizing concerts but the event agencies (as Alex call them "the promotors").

So someone has to take a risk to invest a lot of money into a concert or a tour and then it becomes possible.

So money is the key of success :huh: In the current situation nobody will take any risk to invest money in a project that can be cancelled from one day to another.

We have to be patient. Old Mika fans know it very well :bleh:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

Yes, I meant when Covid isn't such a restriction - certainly not expecting it to happen this year, maybe a couple of years, and of course it depends on his schedule - if the Revelation Tour is restarted he'll be out in Asia and South America for a while. But, vaccines and road maps are being gradually rolled out, so venues might like to know demand is there to prepare and plan for reopening. 

15 minutes ago, Hero said:

if the Revelation Tour is restarted he'll be out in Asia and South America for a while

There will be no more the Revelation Tour. It's over.

Mika is in a different place of his life.

For sure one day he will go to Asia and South America and many other places but it will be something new.

• Like 2