The UK Promotion Of Mika thread.

Marilyn Mastin

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

I've bumped the thread because now might be a good time to get Radio One to play Mika's songs. I've already tweeted them, using

#NoPlaceInHeaven to ask them to play Mika's new songs and I said that the new album is awesome (which it is)

So if more people do the same thing, it might do some good and won't do any harm, because people following Radio 1 will read the tweets and might check out the album

It's @BBCR1 and here is, also, the Radio 1 website. I can't figure out how to make contact through the site though, so if someone else can figure it out, let us know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1

Remember, anyone tweeting, use #NoPlaceInHeaven in the tweets. Get the name of the album out there. Ask your friends to also tweet, as we need lots of tweets, and RT anyone's that you see.

Let's try and do this for Mika, while the ball is rolling in his favour.

Edit: I've realised that there's a row of contact details on the homepage of the Radio One website. You just click the one you want.  

I tweeted, good idea  :thumb_yello:  :naughty: !!!

I'm not on twitter now because, for some reason I can't get into the one I had with Alan. Something is wrong with it, but I'll write to Radio 1 on the site.

But I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you newbies who haven't tried before.

We've tried lots of stuff before and R1 take absolutely no notice. These days they play rap-with-a-capital-C, so they are not interested in Mika's music.

What you all, on twitter and fb could try, we've done it before, is a Trending Day on Twitter

At a certain time, everyone tweets, and uses a hashtag like #NoPlaceInHeavenByMika. Or, if you do it on New Years Eve, before the show on R2, you could use something like #HappyMikaNewYearOnRadio2 The idea is to get the topic trending and let the people know it's about Mika.

But it needs lots of people so it needs organisation if you all do it.

There's a great review of Mika's double album on the UK Press thread, to keep UK spirits up.

• 2 months later...

BUMP

This is an idea.

I've read in the papers in the UK, that Nick Grimshaw has left X Factor UK and Simon Cowell is planning a re-vamp to get ratings.

Does anyone agree that it might be a good idea for people from the UK, to tweet Simon, to ask him to get Mika onto the UK X Factor?

Okay... I know the ratings haven't been good, but that could change if people could only see Mika.

I know it's a reality talent show. But Mika has done well out of reality talent shows in other countries.

If people from the UK, who have seen Mika in the show in Italy and know how good he is, tweet Simon Cowell (or get in touch some other way) it may just encourage him to realize that people do want Mika on the show.

It's a long-shot, but what have we, and Mika, got to loose.

WE just need him to be visible in the UK again.

Our twitter keeps playing up and Alan is going to get on to them about it. When it's fixed I'm going to tweet

The twitter is @SimonCowell

I think that's right.

We could have a hashtag. I can't think of anything snappy. Maybe someone could come up with something.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 2

BUMP

This is an idea.

I've read in the papers in the UK, that Nick Grimshaw has left X Factor UK and Simon Cowell is planning a re-vamp to get ratings.

Does anyone agree that it might be a good idea for people from the UK, to tweet Simon, to ask him to get Mika onto the UK X Factor?

Okay... I know the ratings haven't been good, but that could change if people could only see Mika.

I know it's a reality talent show. But Mika has done well out of reality talent shows in other countries.

If people from the UK, who have seen Mika in the show in Italy and know how good he is, tweet Simon Cowell (or get in touch some other way) it may just encourage him to realize that people do want Mika on the show.

Our twitter keeps playing up and Alan is going to get on to them about it. When it's fixed I'm going to tweet

I think that's right.

We could have a hashtag. I can't think of anything snappy. Maybe someone could come up with something.

Good idea! This might be like the "big chance" for him to get well known in UK again, and then hopefully that will influence other countries in Europe as well  :fisch: Should we plan a specific date, so that everyone tweets at the same time? Maybe then there will be a bigger chance of him noticing it....

As for the hashtag, I don't have any good ideas myself.... maybe something simple, like #mikafactor, or something that also mentioned the UK  :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1

BUMP

This is an idea.

I think that's right.

YOU'RE A GENIUS MARILYN, YOU LITERALLY READ MY MIND WITH THIS IDEA AGH YOU LEGEND I'M SO DOWN FOR HELPING <3!!!

BUMP

This is an idea.

I think that's right.

This is a great idea!  I was thinking the exact same thing actually.  I would definitely watch X Factor UK if Mika was a judge.  :)

Only thing is, I don't know if Mika would actually be available to judge on the show, considering he probably has commitments in other countries. :/

I´m not sure if it is a good idea to bring Mika to a dying TV Show in UK. XF seem to go down in UK

Mika could save the show. Imagine the publicity if he was on it. Especially since atm, people are talking about GK again.

Mika has put off commitments in other countries to do Italian X Factor and The Voice France, so surely, with enough notice, he could do X Factor UK. It's only the final twelve weeks that are live anyway, and he could still squeeze in the odd gig between the shows.

The thing is, it's no use asking Mika to do it. It's Simon Cowell who would have the decision. So he needs to know the UK wants Mika, BEFORE Mika decides to sign for Italy again.

Anyway, I'm so glad people have replied to my idea and that people want to help. I'm sure Italian fans would be okay with Mika doing our show in the UK. He's a big star in Italy now, thanks to their show. 

A hashtag could be something like

#UKwantsMika

#Mika4XFactorUK

#SimonPleaseChooseMika

So let's get thinking.

That's just some ideas to get the brain-juices going.

We could certainly have a date for the hashtag. However it would be good to just do it as well, whenever we want to. The more things get onto Simon's twitter, the more they can be re-tweeted and he might take notice.

X Factor's twitter is, I think,  @XFactor

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

Mika could save the show. Imagine the publicity if he was on it. Especially since atm, people are talking about GK again.

Mika has put off commitments in other countries to do Italian X Factor and The Voice France, so surely, with enough notice, he could do X Factor UK. It's only the final twelve weeks that are live anyway, and he could still squeeze in the odd gig between the shows.

The thing is, it's no use asking Mika to do it. It's Simon Cowell who would have the decision. So he needs to know the UK wants Mika, BEFORE Mika decides to sign for Italy again.

Anyway, I'm so glad people have replied to my idea and that people want to help. I'm sure Italian fans would be okay with Mika doing our show in the UK. He's a big star in Italy now, thanks to their show. 

A hashtag could be something like

#UKwantsMika

#Mika4XFactorUK

#SimonPleaseChooseMika

So let's get thinking.

That's just some ideas to get the brain-juices going.

We could certainly have a date for the hashtag. However it would be good to just do it as well, whenever we want to. The more things get onto Simon's twitter, the more they can be re-tweeted and he might take notice.

X Factor's twitter is, I think,  @XFactor

Well I went on a twiuter spree yesterday tagging Meeks and Simon so guys please retweet @Jazzy_Fizzle_16 is my tag.

Marilyn those hashtags are great and I couldn't agree more with what you said!!! The sooner the better I say kuz we could even do it on multiple dates to show we're persistant and we mean it and we're not backing down till we get SOME kind of response from either/both of them!!!

There's been rumours already that Mika and Fedez are doing Italian xcraptor again and there's no smoke without fire. Personally I would hate for him to do it in the UK (as I do xcraptor Italy and voice France) and all these shows are going down in ratings they have had there day, it's time to move on.

I couldn't think of anything worse!

Like Sabine says , bringing him onto a show that is going down in the ratings, especially as it is done how Simon and ITV want it done, it's not like it is in Italy.

The Voice is changing channels, and I wouldn't be surprised if he might be poached for that.

Though I would much prefer him to do a documentary like Perspectives, where famous people do an episode on a particular subject in the arts that they are interested in. THAT I would watch.

I couldn't think of anything worse!

Like Sabine says , bringing him onto a show that is going down in the ratings, especially as it is done how Simon and ITV want it done, it's not like it is in Italy.

The Voice is changing channels, and I wouldn't be surprised if he might be poached for that.

Though I would much prefer him to do a documentary like Perspectives, where famous people do an episode on a particular subject in the arts that they are interested in. THAT I would watch.

look, the way I see it is that, at-the-end-of-the-day, it's up to Simon, or Mika. No one is tying them down and forcing them into anything. But look at it this way. Even if a twitter campaign does not result in Mika doing XFUK, the campaign itself may give him some publicity and let people know we still love Mika and want him in the UK.

This is just a great opportunity to do a Mika campaign and, who knows, he might end up doing the show. At least, if he doesn't, he would know UK haven't given up on him, so if he doesn't do XFUK, for whatever reason, it might encourage him to do another UK show. Perhaps, The Voice.

I agree that he'd be fantastic in a documentary, but at the moment he hasn't said he's doing one. It would be a good thing if he did one.

All I know, for the moment, is, if we sit back and do nothing we could loose this opportunity to do some fan-promotion using the X Factor vacancy as a theme.

If he did announce that he was on XFUK, I would be so thrilled I would practically take off and fly, as he would be on TV every week while XF was on the air.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 2

look, the way I see it is that, at-the-end-of-the-day, it's up to Simon, or Mika. No one is tying them down and forcing them into anything. But look at it this way. Even if a twitter campaign does not result in Mika doing XFUK, the campaign itself may give him some publicity and let people know we still love Mika and want him in the UK.

This is just a great opportunity to do a Mika campaign and, who knows, he might end up doing the show. At least, if he doesn't, he would know UK haven't given up on him, so if he doesn't do XFUK, for whatever reason, it might encourage him to do another UK show. Perhaps, The Voice.

I agree that he'd be fantastic in a documentary, but at the moment he hasn't said he's doing one. It would be a good thing if he did one.

All I know, for the moment, is, if we sit back and do nothing we could loose this opportunity to do some fan-promotion using the X Factor vacancy as a theme.

If he did announce that he was on XFUK, I would be so thrilled I would practically take off and fly, as he would be on TV every week while XF was on the air.

I agree with you. It's Simon, Mika and his managers who actually will have to do something and make the decision. Whatever happens, I'm quite sure it will not make him less popular  ;)

Just to let everyone know I've set up a new twitter account. It was hard, because I get so confused with computer stuff, but my twitter is @AlansGoodWife

Lots of usernames were already taken.

To set it up I had to follow 40 people, but I don't want to follow them. How do you unfollow people on twitter?

I'll do some tweets tomorrow for our campaign.

Have we decided on a hashtag yet? In order for it to be a bit more generic and not just about X Factor, would it be better to use something like

#UKWantsMika. Then it can be for anything in the UK?

What do we all think?

Just to let everyone know I've set up a new twitter account. It was hard, because I get so confused with computer stuff, but my twitter is @AlansGoodWife

Lots of usernames were already taken.

To set it up I had to follow 40 people, but I don't want to follow them. How do you unfollow people on twitter?

I'll do some tweets tomorrow for our campaign.

Have we decided on a hashtag yet? In order for it to be a bit more generic and not just about X Factor, would it be better to use something like

#UKWantsMika. Then it can be for anything in the UK?

What do we all think?

If you go to their page, you'll see a blue button that says "Following" on the right of the screen.  Just click it and you'll be able to unfollow them.  Hope that helps.

I followed you btw. :)

#UKWantsMika is fine, because it shows the UK public are desperate for more Mika in general. :wub:

If you go to their page, you'll see a blue button that says "Following" on the right of the screen.  Just click it and you'll be able to unfollow them.  Hope that helps.

I followed you btw. :)

#UKWantsMika is fine, because it shows the UK public are desperate for more Mika in general. :wub:

I just tweeted Simon Cowell to ask for him to get Mika onto the UK X Factor. I used #UKWantsMika, so whatever people ask for, regarding Mika in the UK, that hashtag is generic enough and speaks the truth. Thanks for following me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm from Australia but I'd love for Mika to do xfactorUK!! I'll tweet him! 

You guys should post about this in more threads!  :thumb_yello:

I tried to start a campaign about it. I even opened a new twitter account so I could. But only a couple of people tweeted and the campaign never got off the ground. The trouble is, we don't have enough UK fans here anymore. They've all gone their seperate ways and I don't blame them. I said in the Australian Petition thread, that I don't come on here as much, as I've been so disappointed with Mika and his neglect of the UK and other countries that arn't France and Italy. I actually, don't think he'll do the UKXF. Someone said he'd already said he was going to do Italy again with that guy Fedez (Is that his name?) the one he sang with on Beautiful Disaster.

I'd be thrilled if he did do XFUK. I really would, but I very much doubt he will.

Good luck with the Australian petition, but as I already said on the thread. A world tour, should be a world tour, not multiple gigs in Italy and France, and only one for the UK, and none in countries, in which he would benefit greatly from touring in, like Australia, UK, and USA.

I tried to start a campaign about it. I even opened a new twitter account so I could. But only a couple of people tweeted and the campaign never got off the ground. The trouble is, we don't have enough UK fans here anymore. They've all gone their seperate ways and I don't blame them. I said in the Australian Petition thread, that I don't come on here as much, as I've been so disappointed with Mika and his neglect of the UK and other countries that arn't France and Italy. I actually, don't think he'll do the UKXF. Someone said he'd already said he was going to do Italy again with that guy Fedez (Is that his name?) the one he sang with on Beautiful Disaster.

I'd be thrilled if he did do XFUK. I really would, but I very much doubt he will.

Good luck with the Australian petition, but as I already said on the thread. A world tour, should be a world tour, not multiple gigs in Italy and France, and only one for the UK, and none in countries, in which he would benefit greatly from touring in, like Australia, UK, and USA.

Yes, it's Fedez and I'm so sad to hear this :( 

I feel like there are many UK fans who are still very invested in him yet they don't come on the MFC (as you said) because of his recent endeavours. 

Seeing him on XFUK would be so awesome..

I wish there was a way we could get him to do more US and Australia and UK shows; I asked him in the livestream last month if he can come to Australia, but he said the issue is money and he needs promoters :/ so that's the problem. I don't see how he can't do more UK and US shows atleast, considering how fast his tickets sell out! 

Yes, it's Fedez and I'm so sad to hear this :(

I feel like there are many UK fans who are still very invested in him yet they don't come on the MFC (as you said) because of his recent endeavours. 

Seeing him on XFUK would be so awesome..

I wish there was a way we could get him to do more US and Australia and UK shows; I asked him in the livestream last month if he can come to Australia, but he said the issue is money and he needs promoters :/ so that's the problem. I don't see how he can't do more UK and US shows atleast, considering how fast his tickets sell out! 

But surely if his people knew there was a demand, they could make it happen. I just said, on the Australian Petition thread, that I'd tweeted Mika to ask for another UK gig, and for him to also go to Australia and tour USA. On that thread, people from South America also said they want to see him. I said, maybe the countrymen and women of each country, who want to see him, need to seriously get tweeting, and rt the tweets they see. That way, he, and his people will know that he's wanted in other countries, not just Italy and France.

I'm @AlansGoodWife on Twitter, if anyone wants to rt my tweet

• Like 1