Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

Once he is finished, I’m going to go there and give him a big kiss!:aah: Because, maybe the other Mika is the perfect partner for me. I wouldn’t be lonely anymore with him. I’m going to bring him home, put him in my bed and say, ‘Ah it’s okay, let’s get married, we’ll be just fine!’ :teehee:

i agree with him there... an extremely goodlooking guy who won't cheat on you or run away or anything like that? perfect! :naughty:

the problem is just that i like it warm in my flat, so wax mika wouldn't last long with me. :lmfao: another way of "running away" - dammit! :sneaky2::roftl:

btw, in that english interview when you see both mikas from the side, i really think the wax mika nose looks bigger than real mika's ... weird though if they made a 3d scan of him. :blink: maybe he moved during the scan. :teehee:

btw, in that english interview when you see both mikas from the side, i really think the wax mika nose looks bigger than real mika's ... weird though if they made a 3d scan of him. :blink: maybe he moved during the scan. :teehee:

Yeah it looks slightly bigger to me too :naughty:

After a while Mika joined us all. At first I felt a bit sorry for him 'cause obviously people started crowding him, but I suppose it was ok because it was all really civilised and calm. However, he was singing stuff for quite some time. Iain then „saved“ him by deciding to split the room in two. Well, the big hall (with Hollywood stars wax statues standing in every corner) actually already consisted of two rooms. There was no door. So some security stood there and seperated the „real VIPS“ and the fans. But that was totally ok. We could still get a glimpse on what was going on and still „breathe freely“.

I think Mika left around 10:15 or s.th (turned in the fan direction before and waved us goodbye), maybe a bit later...so that after that, most people were leaving, too.

Since it was that early Axie and me decided to have a hot beverage afterwards in the café nearby, met some of the other girls afterwards (e. g. Mine,...), and I then took the metro back home (arrived around 00:30 AM).

It's 5:30 AM now, been awake for quite some time, but I wanted to write this report right away, would have forgotton many of the details by tomorrow.

I am really really happy that a not-so-good December day eventually ended so great!

What a great experience that was. I guess I might go to the Musée Grévin sometime in the following months again and take a pic with WaxMika :)

See, I'm pretty much in my post-Mika-height state right now...hope it lasts a few days...

It was great meeting you all (again) sharing this great experience!

Special thanks to Axie again!

th_P1080787.jpg

X mariposa

PS: Oh, and Mika said that he would love to do a gig in this venue. And I believe it's a brilliant idea! Wow! That would be just amazing.

THANK YOU !!!!!! :thumb_yello:

i have a pic of mika and wax mika in my phone now... and i was staring at it,and hubby came...

me: look dear... what do you think about mika´s statue?

husband: oh god!! it´s creepy!!

me: i think so too

husband: they even failed at the hair. real mika has it longer...

me: :mf_rosetinted: dear... that is the statue :mf_rosetinted:

husband: really? THEN THEY´VE DONE A GREAT JOB!! HIS STATUE LOOKS BETTER THAN HIM!! :aah: :aah:

:mf_rosetinted:

husbands :shun:

Here are my pics:

diapo76291e6b4275e6f6d6a70b6852f99d42.jpg?32

Thank you for all pictures Justine! This is my fave....sweet :wub2::wub2:

and, of course, I love those ones too!!!

Last ones:

diapo486973d18a8cc54667c91aa1272a4340.jpg?24

diapocc78e2d7d79c8c6989b8e281b415a85f.jpg?27

diapofa022401317b01f58db0b38eb70c33c6.jpg?27

p1000599gq.jpg

Thank you for the pic!

Look here...Mika and his Queen :teehee:

I'm with Robertina, I wouldn't mind one standing in my hallway :biggrin2:

I think as waxworks go it's not at all bad - I have seen a lot worse in Madame Tussards. The pose is definately weird - I am sure they could have made it more true to life by putting him in a different pose but I don't think it's at all bad. I guess it's the clothes that seal it though.

i have a pic of mika and wax mika in my phone now... and i was staring at it,and hubby came...

me: look dear... what do you think about mika´s statue?

husband: oh god!! it´s creepy!!

me: i think so too

husband: they even failed at the hair. real mika has it longer...

me: :mf_rosetinted: dear... that is the statue :mf_rosetinted:

husband: really? THEN THEY´VE DONE A GREAT JOB!! HIS STATUE LOOKS BETTER THAN HIM!! :aah: :aah:

:mf_rosetinted:

husbands :shun:

:roftl:

I like wax Mika. It looks fake but it's fake, so. And it looks a lot better than some wax statues I have seen. I like the oufit he has chosen for the statue.

I will go to Paris in a few weeks and I will definitely pay a visit to the Grevin Museum. I want to see the statue in real life.

x610.jpg

:aah:

I'm just about catching up with things now, but I must say that I think they did a good job...The figure looks a LOT like Mika :blink:. The only thing that I think is wrong is the look in his eyes, and the eyebrows and hair. Real Mika's hair is not that flat, his eyebrows are more arched, and he has a different look in his eyes.

I may not be popular with what I will say now, but to me, the first thing that this statue made me think of when I saw the look in his eyes was Sunshine :lmfao: Seriously, look at a picture of Sunshine and then compare it to Wax Mika; They have the EXACT SAME look in their eyes :shocked:.

Oh, and I also think that Wax Mika is prettier than Real Mika. Sort of more soft and feminine. But overall I think that it's a great job, and I think that the pictures of Mika hugging his Waxie are very cute :wub2:

Sorry I can't connect to MFC with my computer, it's internet connexion problem, MFC and Twitter doesn't work on my computer >.< Thanks God I have an iPhone :)

I posted on twitter the link to the first video of yesterday inauguration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr9XKBro part 1 of the inauguration of Mika's wax statue

40 mins ago from TweetDeck

Edited by Sephira

and a video:

http://www.virginradio.fr/#/Programmes/Bruno-Guillon/News/La-Chronique-de-Sarah-Galland-Mika-au-Musee-Grevin

A little bit of translation about the next album at 3:40 (to end)

Journalist: - When the 3rd album released?

Mika: Now I work on the 3rd album and I start intensely, and probably record in March. And I start right now because I just finish my tour 2 weeks ago in South America, in Brasil and Buenos Aires.

So now it's over. We never stop for 18 months, it's over.

I don't know what to do, I wake up in the morning and scratch becouse I'm bored, I need to work and need to create another world because I want to tour another time, I am addict!

Journalist: Another world?

Mika: Another world!

It will be really different. I got freed from the 2 albums.

With this latest tour and everything, I got freed from everything but... yeah

I am totally ready to get lost in the music another time.

I am delighted/happy

Edited by skiwi

I'm just about catching up with things now, but I must say that I think they did a good job...The figure looks a LOT like Mika :blink:. The only thing that I think is wrong is the look in his eyes, and the eyebrows and hair. Real Mika's hair is not that flat, his eyebrows are more arched, and he has a different look in his eyes.

I may not be popular with what I will say now, but to me, the first thing that this statue made me think of when I saw the look in his eyes was Sunshine :lmfao: Seriously, look at a picture of Sunshine and then compare it to Wax Mika; They have the EXACT SAME look in their eyes :shocked:.

[/color]

i'm so sure i had a Ken barbie doll that had that gaze in his eyes & looked like Mika. :naughty:

Oh, and I also think that Wax Mika is prettier than Real Mika. Sort of more soft and feminine. But overall I think that it's a great job, and I think that the pictures of Mika hugging his Waxie are very cute :wub2:

Well, i agree a bit, but I definitely think Mika is prettier than wax statue!

I think wax statue looks like too much photoshop, eyebrows different, nose has a little different form for me (i dunno if it´s right word :teehee:) , I think his lids (again not sure ´bout word) are too small 4 me, and i dunno, wax statue looks so .. cold.. I prefer real Mika :thumb_yello:

and a video:

http://www.virginradio.fr/#/Programmes/Bruno-Guillon/News/La-Chronique-de-Sarah-Galland-Mika-au-Musee-Grevin

A little bit of translation about the next album at 3:40 (to end)

Journalist: - When the 3rd album released?

Mika: Now I work on the 3rd album and I start intensely, and probably record in March. And I start right now because I just finish my tour 2 weeks ago in South America, in Brasil and Buenos Aires.

So now it's over. We never stop for 18 months, it's over.

I don't know what to do, I wake up in the morning and scratch becouse I'm bored, I need to work and need to create another world because I want to tour another time, I am addict!

Journalist: Another world?

Mika: Another world!

It will be really different. I got freed from the 2 albums.

With this latest tour and everything, I got freed from everything but... yeah

I am totally ready to get lost in the music another time.

I am delighted/happy

what it means? is the 3rd albums name is another world ?? :SSS

After a while Mika joined us all. At first I felt a bit sorry for him 'cause obviously people started crowding him, but I suppose it was ok because it was all really civilised and calm. However, he was singing stuff for quite some time. Iain then „saved“ him by deciding to split the room in two. Well, the big hall (with Hollywood stars wax statues standing in every corner) actually already consisted of two rooms. There was no door. So some security stood there and seperated the „real VIPS“ and the fans. But that was totally ok. We could still get a glimpse on what was going on and still „breathe freely“.

I think Mika left around 10:15 or s.th (turned in the fan direction before and waved us goodbye), maybe a bit later...so that after that, most people were leaving, too.

Since it was that early Axie and me decided to have a hot beverage afterwards in the café nearby, met some of the other girls afterwards (e. g. Mine,...), and I then took the metro back home (arrived around 00:30 AM).

It's 5:30 AM now, been awake for quite some time, but I wanted to write this report right away, would have forgotton many of the details by tomorrow.

I am really really happy that a not-so-good December day eventually ended so great!

What a great experience that was. I guess I might go to the Musée Grévin sometime in the following months again and take a pic with WaxMika :)

See, I'm pretty much in my post-Mika-height state right now...hope it lasts a few days...

It was great meeting you all (again) sharing this great experience!

Special thanks to Axie again!

th_P1080787.jpg

X mariposa

PS: Oh, and Mika said that he would love to do a gig in this venue. And I believe it's a brilliant idea! Wow! That would be just amazing.

Thanks so much for the report, Marion, and I'm SO glad that you made it in!!! Very nice of Axie to take you and of Lilibet and co to try so hard!!

I'm really happy to hear that you got to experience this :huglove: Lovely picture too.

One thing that really bothers me about what you said though, and by saying this I don't wish to start any controversy or anything of the sorts but I feel the need to say it, is that people were asking him for autographs and that he spent a while signing stuff :shocked:.

This was not the place nor the time, IMO, and the fact that Iain had to come and rescue him and separate fans from other people deeply embarrasses me as a fan. I hope that I will never be involved in a similar situation where my face will be associated with that sort of behaviour, to be honest, because I find it very sad :boxed:. I don't understand why (some) people can't get it into their heads that there are certain behaviours which are not polite or respectful, and that they only give every other fan (the ones who behave properly) a bad name.

It just REALLY gets to me :sneaky2:.

i'm so sure i had a Ken barbie doll that had that gaze in his eyes & looked like Mika. :naughty:

Yes, that's true, it also reminded me of a Ken doll :roftl:.

Well, i agree a bit, but I definitely think Mika is prettier than wax statue!

I think wax statue looks like too much photoshop, eyebrows different, nose has a little different form for me (i dunno if it´s right word :teehee:) , I think his lids (again not sure ´bout word) are too small 4 me, and i dunno, wax statue looks so .. cold.. I prefer real Mika :thumb_yello:

Yes, of course, you're right, it doesn't look exactly like him, but I think that it's still a very good job. It would never look exactly like him :dunno: but this is IMO as close as it can get....And no, I totally think that Wax Mika is "prettier" and Real Mika is more manly looking :aah:.