Parc des Princes gig - The Paris Party Thread

Christine

Okay :biggrin2::woot_jump: I hope I don't let anyone down by massivly screwing it up. One last thing - I can make the bit rate anything up to 320, should I put it at that max setting or just keep it at 192 or something? Will it make the file size stupidly bigger without changing the quality noticably?

I really don't know. :blink:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no MFCers there??

Olga knows lots of people - from lots of sites, and places.

She has an unenviable job - I hope she does not get any

stick because of her decisions!! :thumb_yello:

That stage looks awesome!!!! :shocked:

Okay :biggrin2::woot_jump: I hope I don't let anyone down by massivly screwing it up. One last thing - I can make the bit rate anything up to 320, should I put it at that max setting or just keep it at 192 or something? Will it make the file size stupidly bigger without changing the quality noticably?

That's a difficult question. 192 is not bad, but 320 is better. On the other hand however, the file may be quite big even at 192. :blink: I don't know, really.

Aww I see Mika's mom in one of the pictures :wub2:

IMG_0011_614x.jpg

:wub2:

That's a difficult question. 192 is not bad, but 320 is better. On the other hand however, the file may be quite big even at 192. :blink: I don't know, really.

Ohh, really?

Crap.

Yeah, I found this:

32 kbit/s — MW (AM) quality

96 kbit/s — FM quality

128–160 kbit/s — Standard Bitrate quality; difference can sometimes be obvious (e.g. bass quality)

192 kbit/s — DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) quality. Quickly becoming the new 'standard' bitrate for MP3 music; difference can be heard by few people.

224–320 kbit/s — Near CD quality. Sound is nearly indistinguishable from most CDs.

I was going to go with 224 maybe, but I guess it'd probably only be broadcast at 192 at the most, so there'd be no point? :blink:

I'm here! Sort of in the front, to the side. Its taking forever...but looks fantastic. Also the line to get in was super thick and spanned 4 blocks. This show is massive!

Yay!!! Another live report - have a great time!!!!!

:punk::punk:

Olga knows lots of people - from lots of sites, and places.

She has an unenviable job - I hope she does not get any

stick because of her decisions!! :thumb_yello:

That stage looks awesome!!!! :shocked:

Ah okay :thumb_yello:

I hope they'll enjoy it this time..

I'm here! Sort of in the front, to the side. Its taking forever...but looks fantastic. Also the line to get in was super thick and spanned 4 blocks. This show is massive!

WooooootttTT !!!

have a great time, enjoy the show !!!! :punk:

Ohh, really?

Crap.

Yeah, I found this:

32 kbit/s — MW (AM) quality

96 kbit/s — FM quality

128–160 kbit/s — Standard Bitrate quality; difference can sometimes be obvious (e.g. bass quality)

192 kbit/s — DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) quality. Quickly becoming the new 'standard' bitrate for MP3 music; difference can be heard by few people.

224–320 kbit/s — Near CD quality. Sound is nearly indistinguishable from most CDs.

I was going to go with 224 maybe, but I guess it'd probably only be broadcast at 192 at the most, so there'd be no point? :blink:

Maybe it won't make a big difference. Do it at 192, the file can't be too big, it must fit our computers. :naughty:

Wow! Have fun and give lots of updates if you can!

The stage looks INCREDIBLE. So amazing and beautiful.

So have we got someone who will record it now?

I've tried about 10 programs on my computer, and none of them work, I think it's a vista thing.

Yes, it's a Vista thing. Freecorder works perfectly on Windows XP, but it's so broken on Vista. :thumbdown:

Do I need to upload it if it works? Now how do I upload big things like that? :naughty:

Um, yes you need to upload it! PM me after the show and we'll figure something out. :thumb_yello:

Back again!

We're in, and up at the front centre second row, but not bad position.

Just waiting or something to happen.

Andy was wandering around the stage a minute ago, but gone again now.

And he's back with his camera.

Stage looks good, got Yelles instruments out and Panic At The Discos big clocks!

The outside of the stage is surrounded by colourful swirling patterns and cog wheels. It's very pretty.

Yeeeaaahh!!! Love the live updates! Have fun! :punk:

I just got off the phone with Niki27, she's front row along with a couple of other MFCers (she said their names but I forgot).

Apparently Olga (I think that was her name, gah I should've taken notes) from Mikawebsite met Mika before the gig and there will be another afterparty, like they had in Brixton.

She has to make a list of about 50 people who will be let in after the gig. Since Olga is from Mikawebsite, this list will consist (mostly) of people who are on that board.

That's all for now.

Front row at a gig of 55,000? That's amazing! Go Niki!

And another afterparty, eh. Another brain breaking experience? :boxed:

*crosses fingers* Good vibes to anyone who gets into this afterparty, including our fellow Mika fans from Mikawebsite!

4 BLOCKS *passes out once again*

No, but, it's such a large crowd... D: