MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

So I decided to join this page because last night's concert was AMAZING. And the MFC is awesome. I truly appreciated the number system!

I didn't realize there was going to be a line, but once I saw Mika tweeting about it during the day, I knew I had to go directly there after work. Picked up some takeout food in the area, and got in line (numero 72! still inked on my hand!).

Got some YUMMY ice cream, and met some cool people while in line. Mika has some kickass fellow fans. :)

The show? Incredible. All I could ever ask from Mika, and more. The energy, OMG. I wish I could have gotten closer - I was about 5 people back from Mika - SO CLOSE to being able to reach him when he was reaching over the crowd during the songs, but not quite. I'm also a shorty, so it was hard to see at times.

I really can't put into words how amazing it all was. And how EXCITED I am for his new CD! For the last song, I missed out dancing, but I got right up to the stage. Touched his hips! (Haha)

I had heard word of the meet and greet post-concert, so I definitely waited around for it (even though I had 6:30am wake up call today!). I unfortunately didn't really get a picture "with him" but I got a picture, and his signature on my ticket. I told him it was the best concert I had ever been to, and that got an earnest smile out of him, which made me haaaappy! It really was the best live music experience I've had to date. I feel blessed to live in NYC finally!

Mika is so damn deliciously cute. As if that's not an obvious sentiment.

I have pictures and (probably very crappy) cell phone videos. When I get them posted, I'll share the link for fellow fans. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I decided to join this page because last night's concert was AMAZING. And the MFC is awesome. I truly appreciated the number system!

I didn't realize there was going to be a line, but once I saw Mika tweeting about it during the day, I knew I had to go directly there after work. Picked up some takeout food in the area, and got in line (numero 72! still inked on my hand!).

Got some YUMMY ice cream, and met some cool people while in line. Mika has some kickass fellow fans. :)

The show? Incredible. All I could ever ask from Mika, and more. The energy, OMG. I wish I could have gotten closer - I was about 5 people back from Mika - SO CLOSE to being able to reach him when he was reaching over the crowd during the songs, but not quite. I'm also a shorty, so it was hard to see at times.

I really can't put into words how amazing it all was. And how EXCITED I am for his new CD! For the last song, I missed out dancing, but I got right up to the stage. Touched his hips! (Haha)

I had heard word of the meet and greet post-concert, so I definitely waited around for it (even though I had 6:30am wake up call today!). I unfortunately didn't really get a picture "with him" but I got a picture, and his signature on my ticket. I told him it was the best concert I had ever been to, and that got an earnest smile out of him, which made me haaaappy! It really was the best live music experience I've had to date. I feel blessed to live in NYC finally!

Mika is so damn deliciously cute. As if that's not an obvious sentiment.

I have pictures and (probably very crappy) cell phone videos. When I get them posted, I'll share the link for fellow fans. :thumb_yello:

Welcome to the madness that is the MFC. Glad you had such a great time :)

Oh boy! :naughty: I've just read the following line of the review the man himself posted a few hours ago:

The whole thing shimmered more than Edward Cullen sunbathing, really.

I can't stop laughing! How can I possibly go to bed? :roftl::roftl:

Mana, as long as I read your report I could see a movie in my head. Your way to write about it is so special. Thank you very much.

Thanks to all who wrote reports for let us being part of this gig :thumb_yello:

Oh boy! :naughty: I've just read the following line of the review the man himself posted a few hours ago:

I know, that was my favorite part :lol3:

:bow: @ the journalist

haha, i loved these review :roftl:

I knew Mika is much better than Edward :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl: W the journalist

I have already told you in Paris, Mana, but I have to tell you again and again: I JUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR GIG REVIEWS!!! :wub2:

They just really make you feel like you were there.

Thank you!!! :groupwave:

And of course I'd also like to thank everybody else who has shared their impressions, pix and vids! :wink2:

Dear Mana. You are the 8th wonder of the world. Really, truly.

It’s what I said after my first gig, it’s what I said after the secret gig at the Roxy, and it’s what I’m saying again because I really, truly feel it, more and more strongly each time I see him perform. I mean, I hope and pray that Mika’s career spans decades, and if I have the chance I will be there to support him, getting on planes to cheer him on 20, 30 years from now. I hope to take my future children to his shows, even when said future children are college graduates. I am so “in” this, and I’m in it for the long haul, baby. But even if Mika makes music until he’s old and grey, in the grand scheme of things, that’s still a very short while for something so…what’s the word to use? Magical, precious, special, beautiful. None of those words seem quite right. Look at it this way. Fifty, 150, 300, 500 years ago – at no point in history prior to 2007 was there Mika music. And even if Mika makes music and performs until he’s 80 years old – a stretch, obviously – that’s still only a 50-some year period in the entirety of human history that this brilliant performer is active, creating new amazing things and taking his art around the world. And we get to be there, watching him, loving him, immersing ourselves in everything he has to offer. We are so, so fortunate.

It's great to see that everyone had a great time and that the show was nothing short of amazing, as usual!

I was thinking about all the MFCers yesterday and following the news on twitter.

I thought the Ice Cream Truck was really an amazing gesture. It shows how much he cares about his fans!

DARN! I wish I had been there too! But work...

NEXT TIME I will be there, provided school and works allow me.

Part 4B

Before passing out under my duvet, I just want to make a note of some of the things he said. In Amsterdam he made an "I'm not supposed to talk, but I'm going to" comment - not sure what the "not supposed to talk" bit is about, but heaven knows we love it when he talks to the audience. :wub2:

At one point, he picked up his crumpled setlist, made an attempt to smooth it out, made an adorable face and said something like "My setlist was under my piano, and it's been stepped on. Well, it's useless now!" :roftl:

After another song - one of the hits, Big Girl, I think? He looked at the audience with a great half-smile on his face and said "You're all...slightly mad!" And we're thinking "Sorry hun, there's no 'slightly' about it!"

He can be sooo self-deprecating on stage. Something happened - I think he missed a note or something - and he said "One week out of the tour and I'm already f*cking things up!"

He came back after the first encore, and couldn't find his mic, being it was black and silver against the black stage and silver confetti. The stage hand had to pass it to him, and he giggled something like "Wow, I can't say I've ever misplaced my mic before!"

Other little bits...

Christine, Sara and I fashioned a dance to the chorus of Blue Eyes that involves a wave-like hand motion. So much fun.

At one point, I was having so much fun that I turned around, grabbed Sara, and squeezed her. *blush*

The confetti was different from the stuff in London and Paris. Shaped like little flowers or something instead of rectangles.

Oh, and a few pics. The last one is my favourite. Sivan :wub2:

IMG_0689b.jpg

IMG_0684b.jpg

IMG_0688b.jpg

IMG_0708b.jpg

Before passing out under my duvet, I just want to make a note of some of the things he said. In Amsterdam he made an "I'm not supposed to talk, but I'm going to" comment - not sure what the "not supposed to talk" bit is about, but heaven knows we love it when he talks to the audience. :wub2:

Mana, your gig report is so amazing, I actually copied it to my computer. :teehee: 9 pages, nice work love.

And the pictures are excellent ! Love the confetti and that smiling boy.

I still want to hear about Andrew's queuing story. :rolls_eyes:

I did. That's why I posted it. :naughty:

I wasn't kidding about practically being in his lap. :teehee:

Oh snap! Damn, that's a really good photo :bow:

I love how you can see the rainbow spectrum in the silver confetti :wub2:

What camera do you use again? :teehee:

Oh snap! Damn, that's a really good photo :bow:

I love how you can see the rainbow spectrum in the silver confetti :wub2:

What camera do you use again? :teehee:

Thanks. :wub2:

This one is a Canon PowerShot SX100 IS. It's actually my friend's camera. It takes amazing still photos, but not so great video. I have one of my own which takes amazing video, but not such great still photos. :bleh:

PS: The first page of this thread has been a little better organized to help us find stuff. :biggrin2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18855

Thanks. :wub2:

This one is a Canon PowerShot SX100 IS. It's actually my friend's camera. It takes amazing still photos, but not so great video. I have one of my own which takes amazing video, but not such great still photos. :bleh:

PS: The first page of this thread has been a little better organized to help us find stuff. :biggrin2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18855

Okay, thank you :huglove:

Just got back from flight! I don't even know where to start.....Just to mention this was my first gig and first concert...so it was altogether an insane expericence! I think the best part of the entire concert was the stage invasion. I have a minute and a half video of me jumping next to mika. I'll try to upload it ASAP...i just need to get settled in first:naughty: I have some pics as well, but i'm sure there are loads of good ones already. At the M&G Foalbaby and I gave Mika the jacket we made him and we have a vid of that as well....He absolutely loved it and he was very kind and looked right into everyone's eyes and really appreciated everyone. Well...i'll try to upload later:thumb_yello: