REPORTS, PICS, VIDS: MIKA in London - Free show @The Bloomsbury Ballroom (21-9-2009)

Miro

Hello :bye: I'm back :biggrin2:

:biggrin2:

Got a ticket from tiibet - thankyou tiibet :huglove:

I think there were plenty of tickets on the door, and I think everyone got in who wanted to :thumb_yello:

The stage was very small - too small for his keyboards, so he didn't play keybord at all - just sang - which was quite enough for me :wub2:

He sang at full pelt for over an hour, without pausing for breath :shocked: I think he may have to learn to pace himself a bit :teehee: He sounded supurb and gave us plenty of "dancing" including some nice bum-wiggles - much appreciated, Mika, thank you :blush-anim-cl:

He split his trousers in the opening number - Relax - and messed up on Blue Eyes - i think he sang the wrong verse, but i wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't commented. He also started to sing Billy Brown when the band started to play Love Today :floor: But really, he was superb - great descant in Happy Ending :thumb_yello:

Good M&G at the end - they were a bit slow to make us line up, so that was a bit chaotic, but it settled down and it was fine when he came out.

That's my report for now - I can't remeber much - it happened so fast :shocked:

Hello I'm back

Got a ticket from tiibet - thankyou tiibet

I think there were plenty of tickets on the door, and I think everyone got in who wanted to :thumb_yello:

The stage was very small - too small for his keyboards, so he didn't play keybord at all - just sang - which was quite enough for me :wub2:

He sang at full pelt for over an hour, without pausing for breath :shocked: I think he may have to learn to pace himself a bit :teehee: He sounded supurb and gave us plenty of "dancing" including some nice bum-wiggles - much appreciated, Mika, thank you :blush-anim-cl:

He split his trousers in the opening number - Relax - and messed up on Blue Eyes - i think he sang the wrong verse, but i wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't commented. He also started to sing Billy Brown when the band started to play Love Today :floor: But really, he was superb - great descant in Happy Ending :thumb_yello:

Good M&G at the end - they were a bit slow to make us line up, so that was a bit chaotic, but it settled down and it was fine when he came out.

That's my report for now - I can't remeber much - it happened so fast :shocked:

Thank you so much for your report, Nectar!:thumb_yello:

Glad you had so much fun!

So those were the gaffes Rosie was talking about on tweetah an hour ago!:naughty:

Thank you so much for your report, Nectar!:thumb_yello:

Glad you had so much fun!

So those were the gaffes Rosie was talking about on tweetah an hour ago!:naughty:

yep :teehee: they were nothing really - most of it was perfect -he sounded really good, although I think he might have been having problems as he kept touching his neck :sad:

Just came back! It was the best gig I've been to so far!!! And not only thanks to Mika but all the amazing MFCers (and not only) I met. I loved the atmosphere! Although some people were complaining in the first thread about bad timing of this show, eventually it turned out to be a fantastic celebration from the very beginning (ice cream):wub2: till the m&g.

The setlist was the same (I guess) as at Scala but Mika said it was his first show without him playing the piano - too little space.

There were no barriers so we were actually almost on the stage:wub2:

He tore his trousers which made me feel really sorry for him (and at m&g he said they were Dior's:wink2:) but continued singing and was making fun of it many times - e.g. he stuffed them with the silver confetti and let it fly down through the hole:roftl:

The eye contact we were getting (first row) was amazing! Yuo could see throughout the show that it was a special day for him and he was in great mood, very playful with us and just lovely. Someone already mentioned him touching his throat - I guess it was sore as he WAS touching it quite a lot, especially towards the end but he sounded just perfect and didn't allow himself breaks.

At the beginning of Grace Kelly he just lay on the floor and started singing. That was just:mf_lustslow: (well, not for my camera which decided to stop working there and then:sneaky2:)

I was standing next to Sariflor and Daz and we had a lot of fun there!

Wow, what a day, evening, night!

I'll try to upload a few photos and more tomorrow.

Sorry if this was too chaotic but you know....:teehee:

Edited by Kasia_xxx