REPORTS, PICS, VIDS: MIKA in London - Free show @The Bloomsbury Ballroom (21-9-2009)

Miro

Relax and Big Girl should be up soon ... sorry Big Girl does have the ripped pants part ... skip it if you like .. but it's all on one vid ... so can't do much about it ....

It's still processing so keep trying it ... it's great ... or I think it is anyway :wub2:

Shall post the others tomorrow .. have to be up at 4.30am so need to be in bed now :aah:

Edit ... it seems to be working already ... enjoy it :wub2::boing:

Relax and Big Girl should be up soon ... sorry Big Girl does have the ripped pants part ... skip it if you like .. but it's all on one vid ... so can't do much about it ....

It's still processing so keep trying it ... it's great ... or I think it is anyway :wub2:

Shall post the others tomorrow .. have to be up at 4.30am so need to be in bed now :aah:

Edit ... it seems to be working already ... enjoy it :wub2::boing:

Hi Laurel! T4P! I'll have a look tomorrow. Just answering cause I had no idea someone else is getting up the same early tomorrow! 4:30 for me as well:sneaky2:. Goodnight everyone

Wow, thanks for all the wonderful reports and adorable pictures:wub2:

So glad everyone had a fab time despite some rude fans, good for those people who said something to them. Feeling kinda glad I wasn't there, i really get very annoyed but that kind of behaviour and could probably have got thrown out for decking one of them! :naughty:

Wow, thanks for all the wonderful reports and adorable pictures:wub2:

So glad everyone had a fab time despite some rude fans, good for those people who said something to them. Feeling kinda glad I wasn't there, i really get very annoyed but that kind of behaviour and could probably have got thrown out for decking one of them! :naughty:

Believe me I wanted to, after seeing them at Scala it was just building up, and seeing them SO CLOSE TO ME, trying to squish through, something just burst. I don't often lose it at all...well, even then I didn't really *lose* it as such, but I just wasn't having it. I'm glad they weren't at the front. They can suffer like the rest of us!

Or just naff off in general :naughty:

V-Log #1 - THE ICE CREAM

V-Log #2 - queueing at the venue

:shocked: caz! you speak too fast!!! i have a hard time understanding ! slow down girl!! :aah: i can understand rose & babspanky perfectly but you!!!! ouffff!!! i would need mana to make a "slowed down version" of this! rose and her sprinkles! :lmao:

:shocked: caz! you speak too fast!!! i have a hard time understanding ! slow down girl!! :aah: i can understand rose & babspanky perfectly but you!!!! ouffff!!! i would need mana to make a "slowed down version" of this! rose and her sprinkles! :lmao:

I know, I have a hard time understanding myself when I hear it back :roftl:

When I say it, it doesn't seem that fast, but when I'm hearing back...xD

I'm sorry. I'l slow down in my next VLog lol :aah: (whenever that may be!)

I want to beeeeee there and sing with you!!!!!!!!!!:tears:

Next time!:pbjt:

next time indeed!

I got pictures :boing: and one or two are quite good :biggrin2:

Photobucket here

http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af280/naectegale/Mika%20Bloomsbury%20Ballroom/?previewTheme=79&previewCancelUrl=http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af280/naectegale/Mika%20Bloomsbury%20Ballroom/

Some of the best

DSC08454.jpg

DSC08455.jpg

DSC08471.jpg

DSC08484.jpg

:thumb_yello:

Edited by Naectegale

V-Log #1 - THE ICE CREAM

V-Log #2 - queueing at the venue

Final Part

Oh lord, I wasn't aware I kept going on about chocolate sprinkles THAT much!:blush-anim-cl:

It's just my sisters icecream man has them, and I got addicted to having them, so everytime I get an ice cream, I always ask for them.

My apologies to Mika and the ice cream man.:naughty:

Great record of the day Caz, well done:thumb_yello:

Oh lord, I wasn't aware I kept going on about chocolate sprinkles THAT much!:blush-anim-cl:

It's just my sisters icecream man has them, and I got addicted to having them, so everytime I get an ice cream, I always ask for them.

My apologies to Mika and the ice cream man.:naughty:

Great record of the day Caz, well done:thumb_yello:

You're welcome :-)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2650560/Mikas-magical-Bizarre-show.html

Mika’s just magical

Published: Today

MIKA doesn't do things half-heartedly.

The singer pulled out all the stops for his special Bizarre readers-only gig on Monday - even though it was a tiny venue for just a few hundred.

The crowd at London's Bloomsbury Ballroom loved it as he powered through hits Relax, Take It Easy, Blue Eyes, Billy Brown and Rain before new single We Are Golden - when all hell broke loose.

Mika blasted the crowd with sparkly ticker tape and mist and reappeared in a sequinned jacket with a silver brolly for a lavish encore of Grace Kelly and Lollipop. Just magical.

Video #1...NOT V-LOG...listen out for my "hello Sir!" :roftl: (about halfway through when I bounce on :aah:)

the "hello sir" moment is really cute!

thanks for the vlogs caz, they're great!

Okay, to continue.

Got to studios and met up with Freddie and MikasGal_ 07, and sat with them during the show, with CazGirl on the otherside of me I was in a Caz sandwich!

Mika seemed quite at ease, and during the break, was all over the St Bernard dog, I don't blame him, he was gorgeous:wub2:

We sounded really loud singing along to WAG, but I heard that didn't come across on the tv!:blink:

Sounded deafening in the studio

After we got our nodding Olgas on the way out, really happy about that. Paul said we could get £300 on Ebay for them, but NO WAY am I selling mine!

I took the champagne and card, Freddie bought to give to Mika from us here at the fan club, and myself Bexxy, Daisy, Caz and buttonsloves you, got a cab to Bloomsbury Ballroom.

When the bands car turned up, I thought it would be a good idea to give one of them the champagne and card, so when Martin seemed to have his hands full and Dan got out the other side, I thought Cherisse was the perfect choice, so I asked her if she could give it to Mika when he got there, and it was from us, and she was very nice and said she would.

Then I got everyone to sign the flag, for the last time with this one. Feels like the end of an era, and a little sad considering the history behind it, but new album, new look forum, new flag:thumb_yello:

Mika turned up just after the band, and I could of kicked myself for not waiting to give him the gift, but I get fed up of fighting my way through people just to talk to him, and didn't want to break it, so was glad I gave it to Cherisse (at that time!:naughty:).

We heard the sound check, and were singing along VERY loudly, I wonder if he heard us from outside?:teehee:

We finally got in, while soundcheck was still going on, and walked through an area that looked like a neon tunnel (I think it was a bar area) very nice though.

We got to the hall where the stage was, and were waiting in the lounge/bar area there queueing outside the door. I was with Bexxy and Daisy, we were chatting and noticed Andy at the bar. He seemed to be talking to someone, so I didn't want to bother him, but he turned round and saw me and waved. I waved him over, and thought maybe he would be busy and say he had to get back, but he came over and we chatted for quite a while, and had quite a laugh. He asked me had I seen Bexxy and Tia, since Donny, I started laughing and Bexxy said "I'm Bexxy". The last time he saw her, her hair was red, now it's more blonde, and he didn't recognise her:roftl:

We talked about maybe another roadtrip, and he asked if I was going to the US shows, to which I said no, as no money and no passport. He thought filming me doing an American roadtrip would be a brilliant idea, to which I agreed, but not at this time, as I can't afford it. Maybe one day.

We talked about the penguin thing and dressing up in general, and that after a chat with my friend, how I would give in and let Mika call me penguin if that's how he feels comfortable, as long as he calls me Rose sometimes, and he said he'd mention it.

The doors opened and we started to move, so I shook hands with him and went in, but the people in the queue, that had bent round on itself, had got it in their heads that they could just push those of us that had queued for ages and get to the front!

I wasn't happy, but Bexxy, me and Daisy, got up on the left hand side by the speakers by Babs, who wasn't happy as there wasn't anywhere for her to lean on, so she and Daisy decided to go and sit on the comfy seats at the back.

Bexxy and I managed to get a little bit away from the speakers, but not so far that Bexx didn't get deafened by them. We had a pretty good view most of the way through the gig, we got some good eye contact with Mika, and Sara saw me from the stage during Big Girls and waved at me, I was well happy, and waved back.

It was midway through one girl came in beside us and started filming, which was okay at first as she wasn't in the way, then her friend slid in and did the same, and slowly without me realising they pushed in front and filming the whole time, started blocking my view.

Next thing this guy was being pulled in, and just as Happy Ending started, they pulled this other girl in, and that was it for me!

I tapped the first girl on the shoulder and told her not to take the piss, I let her in to film, not for her friends to push us out so we couldn't see! By this time she was starting to block Agathas view as well!

She just blanked me, and the one who had just pushed in started giving me evil looks, which was rich I thought, as I wasn't the one doing anything wrong!

Anyway, when Mika left the stage before the encore, they thought they could slip out the back to catch him coming out, but me and Bexx knew there'd be an encore, so we puhed forward, so by the time this lot realised, they couldn't get back in front of us, despite trying, we weren't having it!

After the show, we went round to Sari, Kasia and Daz and chatted and took pics, we caught up with the others at the back (Caz, Daisy, Babs, Jules, Kev and others) chatted and then started to be ushered out but security (which ticked me off, if only they'd been that strict for us going in!).

On the way out I saw John went up shook his hand and said "fantastic show", and he said "glad you enjoyed it" and I said see him next time and he said, "sure".

Outside, we just milled around chatting wait for Mika to come out, Caz and I saw Andy so went to chat again. He doesn't really like Mondays, and said he wasn't feeling great, that's when me and Caz told him about the Manic Monkeys we'd christened ourselves on Twitter, he thought this was funny, and said he wanted to see monkey costumes at the new gigs. I mentioned that Mika had talked about the new shows being like dark fairytales and that I was going to be a Gingerbread Man and Bexx said she was going to be a dragon.

It was then he said what about the penguin, and I told him I was planning to move on from there, to which he replied that they miss it!

So, I have given in, I hope I don't regret this, and said I will bring it to some shows, NOT all, just some.

He seemed to perk up at this, and started going on abouy US roadtrips again. I'll say now, I'm not planning on doing this anytime soon, but maybe one day.

We then got asked by security to move into single file against the wall so Mika could see everyone, which typically the MFCers did, but everyone else seemed to have selective hearing on.

The girls from Scala, and the ones who pushed in front on us decided to try chatting up the driver of Mikas car, thinking that meant they didn't have to take any notice, until the lady security guard told them to get in line. They tried to get in front of us, but no one would let them in and they got told to go down to the back of the queue.:naughty: Karma!

Mika finally appeared, and was speeding down the queue (don't blame him, he had to be up at stupid o'clock to go on GMTV!), and when he got to me I asked him about Milan, for Avoca, he thinks he's doing lots of promo, no details though, I don't think he knows himself yet. And the champagne, I asked idf he got it, and he looked confused, I told him I gave it to Cherisse to give to him, he said he hadn't got it and what what make was it, when I said Moet, his face fell and he said "I'm gonna kill her":roftl:

I was hoping to catch Cherisse before she went, but didn't, hope she's not in too much trouble!

Forgot to say, we saw Sara leave with her friend, and gave her a hug, always good to see her, such a lovely person.

We then just chatted for a while then everyone made their way home. I was taking Tiibet to the airport, til we discovered the train we were on went straight there, so I left her at Hammersmith. Got back to my van and finally opened my cd, and played it 3 times over on the way home.

I See You and Touches you are my favourites on there.

One thing I almost forgot in the queue, talking to Andy, we talked about his vocals on Touches You, and he said he does the ahhhhs on it, and he jokingly said it was a dunken hour in the recording studio, he didn't think he'd get a credit for it.:roftl:

lovely report rose! i was wondering what andy sung in touches you haha

it's great to hear that the penguin will be back at least for a few gigs:biggrin2:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2650560/Mikas-magical-Bizarre-show.html

Mika’s just magical

Published: Today

MIKA doesn't do things half-heartedly.

The singer pulled out all the stops for his special Bizarre readers-only gig on Monday - even though it was a tiny venue for just a few hundred.

The crowd at London's Bloomsbury Ballroom loved it as he powered through hits Relax, Take It Easy, Blue Eyes, Billy Brown and Rain before new single We Are Golden - when all hell broke loose.

Mika blasted the crowd with sparkly ticker tape and mist and reappeared in a sequinned jacket with a silver brolly for a lavish encore of Grace Kelly and Lollipop. Just magical.

Awww!! T4P!

the "hello sir" moment is really cute!

thanks for the vlogs caz, they're great!

Lol thanks :aah: and you're welcome!

Yay! 18 seconds is wicked, just to spice things up a little bit.

I NEED to see that balloon video. I haven't got any sellotape in my room so I can't re-inflate it and I don't want to tie it because once it's gone down it's gone down, but if I tape it it'll be fine.

That was actually so obscene, the way it was blowing in my face, hahaha.

Speaking of obscene, the Indian girls that nobody likes seemed to hang around our group a lot of the time and I said quite loudly when they were hanging by us out of the queue for the M&G that they shouldn't be standing there when they're not welcome, but they didn't seem to notice. And I can't believe they were old enough to get into Scala, they look about 12. And if they were trying to push down the front then that's yet another reason for me to dislike them. BAH. I hope they're not going to be a regular occurrence at Mika gigs, cos I am gonna end up flipping out one day, especially if they try and push in front of me. Do they have no manners? For real they think they can just push in and try and queue jump on the M&G? NO WAY.

:biggrin2: i will send it over to you :). Haha i would never inflate it, i would just put it in my box of other mika memorabilia.

Thanks for the videos. The edition you´ve made is great. I could live more of what was going on. I´ve seen the video of WAG and it´s great too!! I´m a photographer and documentalist an I must say that you ve got that eye!!! And it´s better when you think what you are going to shoot before because there is a concept in the whole thing. Good job. I am from South America and visited London for 9 days last June, and visited that street where the Ice Cream Van was that is great at afteroffice time! It´s was magical to see you all MFC, I remembered perfectly those tables you were seeted waiting, the pubs that were there.

Great the video, I loved the part that you stand near the poster and showed that was higher than you!!!

PS: Caz congratulations on your efford. Chears, Marcela.

Thanks for the videos. The edition you´ve made is great. I could live more of what was going on. I´ve seen the video of WAG and it´s great too!! I´m a photographer and documentalist an I must say that you ve got that eye!!! And it´s better when you think what you are going to shoot before because there is a concept in the whole thing. Good job. I am from South America and visited London for 9 days last June, and visited that street where the Ice Cream Van was that is great at afteroffice time! It´s was magical to see you all MFC, I remembered perfectly those tables you were seeted waiting, the pubs that were there.

Great the video, I loved the part that you stand near the poster and showed that was higher than you!!!

PS: Caz congratulations on your efford. Chears, Marcela.

Awwww that is HUGELY complimentary! Thank you very much!