REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Waterfront, Belfast, 2010-FEB-13

lollipop_monkey

I'm hoping it's just because he's still a little bit man flu-y and he wanted to keep his chest all nice and warm.

I'll have to have words if he doesn't get at least a little bit naked at Sheffield.

I hope thats the only reason why..... i know wont/cant keep my mouth shut at the London gigs... HAVE to make him do it :naughty:

Maybe we'll have to give him a bit of encouragement ie screaming 'Get your kit off!' VERY loudly and persistently, lol! :wink2:

Thanks guys for the pics and reports from last night!

Hahahaha but then he might think we only love him for his body.

Which is true, but still, you know. He'll be less inclined to get naked.

I say we tell him that WAG should be done in his boxers because it empowers the message and makes the song that much more accessible. It's a very important message and he should be prepared to sacrifice his clothes for his art. :mf_rosetinted:

I hope thats the only reason why..... i know wont/cant keep my mouth shut at the London gigs... HAVE to make him do it :naughty:

Let's keep our fingers crossed eh? I'll be seeing him a fair few times before London so I'll start work in Sheffield and by the time he gets to London he'll be starkers. :biggrin2:

Hahahaha but then he might think we only love him for his body.

Which is true, but still, you know. He'll be less inclined to get naked.

I say we tell him that WAG should be done in his boxers because it empowers the message and makes the song that much more accessible. It's a very important message and he should be prepared to sacrifice his clothes for his art. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't want him to undress, actually. :no:

After watching the vids i realised why he did change the Lisbon venue from Coliseum to Campo Pequeno...

The whole stage concept and the notebook height wouldn't fit the first place chosen for sure...

I'm sure my portuguese sistahs will agree with me...

Hello

I thought the gig was great. After a year or so of watching more or less the same show, then the acoustic tour .................it was great to see an entirely new show. OK, so obviously there were some LICM songs included.......and it was good to hear them..............but the 'show' was something new entirely. I loved the set. I understand there are two versions to suit the different size venues and this was clearly the large one. I thought the intro - with David, was very imressive and hearing Mika start to sing whilst off stage just built up the anticipation - which was already sky high. I haven't read the whole thread, just the reports, but I see that Melody has more or less given the set list. I was desperate to see 'Touches You' live as I haven't seen it before.............and I loved it :mf_lustslow:.

Toy Boy was a particular highlight for me I think...........it isn't one of my favourite tracks - well, it wasn't until last night.........but as Mika stood by the piano or sat on it for the whole of the song and was right in front of me it felt like a private performance :naughty:

Waiting all day to get the front row was DEFINATELY worth it. It was ok as it was indoors and it was all very pleasant really.

Mika gave a great performance in my opinion. I felt that no piano meant that we got much more of Mika at his flambouyant best. It must have taken a lot more out of him as he didn't get to sit down at the piano.

I am sure that everyone who gets to see the show will be blown away by it - well, maybe not everyone - but I certainly was :wub2:

Tiibet, even after reading that your vids are fantastic I was stil AMAZED- they're absolutely fantastic!

I hope you're not in prison for throttling that cameraman in front of you between BIOTG and TY though!

:annoyed_h4h:

i'm hoping for more reports and less considerations on his nakedness...

where are the reporters???

there are points of view on the gig that i would like to read....:wink2:

you know who you are, come here and report! :aah:

Yeah, I hope people are just really busy enjoying themselves and there's no hard feelings after the 4 AC tickets thread

The set looks absolutely terrific- so original- I'm proud of our boy- and really hope he does a "making of"- though if anyone deserves a rest he does!

Edited by Soaring Simpson

Hello

I thought the gig was great. After a year or so of watching more or less the same show, then the acoustic tour .................it was great to see an entirely new show. OK, so obviously there were some LICM songs included.......and it was good to hear them..............but the 'show' was something new entirely. I loved the set. I understand there are two versions to suit the different size venues and this was clearly the large one. I thought the intro - with David, was very imressive and hearing Mika start to sing whilst off stage just built up the anticipation - which was already sky high. I haven't read the whole thread, just the reports, but I see that Melody has more or less given the set list. I was desperate to see 'Touches You' live as I haven't seen it before.............and I loved it :mf_lustslow:.

Toy Boy was a particular highlight for me I think...........it isn't one of my favourite tracks - well, it wasn't until last night.........but as Mika stood by the piano or sat on it for the whole of the song and was right in front of me it felt like a private performance :naughty:

Waiting all day to get the front row was DEFINATELY worth it. It was ok as it was indoors and it was all very pleasant really.

Mika gave a great performance in my opinion. I felt that no piano meant that we got much more of Mika at his flambouyant best. It must have taken a lot more out of him as he didn't get to sit down at the piano.

I am sure that everyone who gets to see the show will be blown away by it - well, maybe not everyone - but I certainly was :wub2:

Thank you as well Kath! :flowers2:

Okay, I've decided, I will watch pics, read reports, but am NOT gonna watch any videos :teehee:

Looking forward to more reports... :fisch:

Tiibet and Mellody, I don't know what I would do without you! Thank you so much! Mika is becoming more perfect every year :)

I glad the Astro theme is in the past. Now it is amazing! I wish I were here so badly!

I'm quite agreed with you here with his Astro phase.:naughty:

Hello

Thank you Kath! I'm glad you liked it, must have been amazing. :thumb_yello:

Do you have any videos from the night? :teehee:

thanks kath

Can't wait- but I wanted to see the astroboy set too!

Yes, I know. Allegra and I were saying this morning that it seems really weird that there a lot of us that are never going to see that :shocked:

Thank you Kath! I'm glad you liked it, must have been amazing. :thumb_yello:

Do you have any pics or videos from the night? :teehee:

Just posted a few pics but I don't do vid I am afraid. I rely on my daughter snd she wasn't there :blink:

thank you kath! our reporters are coming home (home = MFC)!!!

:wub2:

The taxi driver thought I was clearly mad, flying home this morning to fly back to Dublin tomorrow.

Obviously doesn't know me. Seems perfectly ok to me:naughty:

Thanks Tiibet,Mellody and Kath for your amazing reports,pics and videos!!!!!!:huglove: you were great, and I'm really happy you spent a wonderful night!!!

damn my battery's leaving me and if i go inside my room again where i can charge, that girls gonna kill me if i keep typing+clicking. might try to upload a vid without commenting, but not sure if i can.

heres the pic of the inflatable lollipop girl: http://twitpic.com/134coy

aww!!I can see his visit to Mexico's influence!!! I love it!!!:fangurl:

I uploaded a few vids:

Rain (+ the beginning)

Blame it on the Girls:

WAG

Touches You

Uploading some more, can't sleep...

THAAAAANKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

your videos are amazing!!!:flowers2:

P.S: it's really hilarious, at the first video, to see the photographer next to the stage, running to the left and to the right, trying to get some Mika's pics!! Mika was dancing so much, and running from one side to the other one, and the photographer was running as well!!!!:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl: too funny!!!!!!

I think that may be a bit strong - I need someone to explain my camera to me as I don't think it is on the right setting. But they are ok.:biggrin2:

To someone whose last Mika gig was 2 years ago and will only seem him in April your pics are heavenly, Kath...:mf_lustslow:

To someone whose last Mika gig was 2 years ago and will only seem him in April your pics are heavenly, Kath...:mf_lustslow:

Or for someone who has never seen him live :sneaky2::tears:

Thank you Kath, I'm always grateful to people who share their Mika experiences with others.