REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Waterfront, Belfast, 2010-FEB-13

lollipop_monkey

Thank you all for the reports and pics.

I'll restrain myself from saying anything. Not that anyone would care, but if I will...they will probably just care. :naughty:

no sequins/paint make-up? :huh:

Ok, I take it back!

I saw some videos and it is purely INSANE! :aah:

I CAN'T wait till March. FACT! :aah::boing:

He's fantastic. I love love love the intro!

The taxi driver thought I was clearly mad, flying home this morning to fly back to Dublin tomorrow.

Obviously doesn't know me. Seems perfectly ok to me:naughty:

:lmfao:

Seems normal to me, too -- for you, that is! :naughty:

Thanks so much for the report and gorgeous photos, Kath! Have

fun in Dublin! :huglove:

yeah sorry forgot happy ending. obviously lorna was there, we saw her before the gig, but she didn't sing with him.

about the thumb, he didn't play ANY piano, although there was a grand piano on stage, but they put that to the side, he danced on it a few times though. he said sth after the 2nd or 3rd song, i just thought i heard something about thumb but wasn't really sure, until he said again before toyboy that he can't play piano tonight. he wasn't talking much at all though, only something like this is our first night so everything's going wrong, and the usual hellos and goodbyes. he didn't even introduce the band, or bow together with them in the end. and well a few bits+pieces in between, but compared to his usual shows, it was hardly any talking or joking with the crowd, singing competitions, the usual stuff, i missed that. guess that'll get better though when he's more used to and comfortable with it all. hope so anyway.

the sceneries in the book were nice, but i'd have hoped for more interaction with it. there was one, there was a boy doll in one of the pages, which they pulled down and kinda buried mika underneath (on purpose). again, hard to describe.

well guess i'll just post a few pix now, instead of trying to explain more. :wink2:

I've just read your report carefully. So it seems something went wrong? You're not so pleased?:boxed:

:wub2:I saved Tiibet's videos if you want them,and i hope Tiibet will not mind

Mika, @Waterfront, Belfast, 13.2.2010. The Beginning + Rain.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/?vkxzmjmqdcc

Mika @Waterfront, Belfast 13.2.2010 Touches You.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/?nobjinm2djy

Mika @Waterfront, Belfast 13.2.2010 We Are Golden.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1mtmeotmmt

Mika @Waterfront, Belfast, 13.2.2010 Blame It on the Girls.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/?gomijqyn1cm

:wub2:Tiibet's videos are speechless!:wub2::wub2:

edit:

a new video from Tiibet

Mika @Waterfront, Belfast 13.2.2010 I See You

Hi Nicoleta, can you please save I See You on mediafire too :bow:

Or for someone who has never seen him live :sneaky2::tears:

Thank you Kath, I'm always grateful to people who share their Mika experiences with others.

I'm sorry. I do usually try to be sensitive to the feelings of those that haven't seen Mika very often - or at all. I was just meaning the quality of my photos - mine are not usually very good compared to others. Sorry if I unintentionally upset anyone :huglove:

:lmfao:

Seems normal to me, too -- for you, that is! :naughty:

Thanks so much for the report and gorgeous photos, Kath! Have

fun in Dublin!

Thnks Deb. :huglove:

I know. Perfectly normal behaviour I thought :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks again for your amazing vids and picture :thumb_yello::mf_lustslow:

Sorry if the informaton has already been posted, but does somebody know the set list please ? :teehee:

Sorry but being the Oldling that I am I couldn't possibly remember the full list but I think it is more or less in Melody's report if that helps.

I know it started with Rain and ended with Lolipop if that is any help?:wink2:

I'm sorry. I do usually try to be sensitive to the feelings of those that haven't seen Mika very often - or at all. I was just meaning the quality of my photos - mine are not usually very good compared to others. Sorry if I unintentionally upset anyone :huglove:

Oh, you didn't upset me, I was just saying how grateful I am when people share their after-gig thoughts and facts with others. :flowers2: And that it's really helpful and thank you again. :wub2:

Hahahaha but then he might think we only love him for his body.

Which is true, but still, you know. He'll be less inclined to get naked.

I say we tell him that WAG should be done in his boxers because it empowers the message and makes the song that much more accessible. It's a very important message and he should be prepared to sacrifice his clothes for his art. :mf_rosetinted:

Absolutely - he needs to embrace his inner artist and be at one with his audience, and to demonstrate this he needs to bare all (well, nearly all anyway!)

Besides, if it's his poor man-fluey chest he's worried about, we 'll keep him warm with the strength of our luuurve!!! :mf_lustslow:

Oh, you didn't upset me, I was just saying how grateful I am when people share their after-gig thoughts and facts with others. :flowers2: And that it's really helpful and thank you again. :wub2:

That is good then and I do hope that you get to see Mika at some point :huglove:

Absolutely - he needs to embrace his inner artist and be at one with his audience, and to demonstrate this he needs to bare all (well, nearly all anyway!)

Besides, if it's his poor man-fluey chest he's worried about, we 'll keep him warm with the strength of our luuurve!!! :mf_lustslow:

I'll apply some vapour-rub if he needs it. :naughty:

Cor, I've been ill since I've seen him - I think it was Wednesday when I started coming down with it, and I'm blaming him. Although if this is 'man flu' that I've caught then he needs to man the hell up and get over it. :aah:

OMG I'm so excited for Thursday now, sounds like everyone had a blast.

I uploaded a few vids:

Rain (+ the beginning)

Blame it on the Girls:

WAG

Touches You

Uploading some more, can't sleep...

OK ... I'm really officially :fangurl: right now ... :aah:

Amazing vids ... thank you so so so much for posting them :boing::boing:

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

That opening to We Are Golden is freakin' awesome. :shocked:

It's like we're watching him grow as an artist before our very eyes. :wub2:

Go Mika! :yay:

And this is such a constant development. It makes me so proud and happy and scared about where this will lead.

I uploaded a few vids:

Rain (+ the beginning)

Blame it on the Girls:

WAG

Touches You

Thank you tiibet for the videos!:bow:

The opening to WAG is just :fangurl:

Hello

I thought the gig was great. After a year or so of watching more or less the same show, then the acoustic tour .................it was great to see an entirely new show. OK, so obviously there were some LICM songs included.......and it was good to hear them..............but the 'show' was something new entirely. I loved the set. I understand there are two versions to suit the different size venues and this was clearly the large one. I thought the intro - with David, was very imressive and hearing Mika start to sing whilst off stage just built up the anticipation - which was already sky high. I haven't read the whole thread, just the reports, but I see that Melody has more or less given the set list. I was desperate to see 'Touches You' live as I haven't seen it before.............and I loved it :mf_lustslow:.

Toy Boy was a particular highlight for me I think...........it isn't one of my favourite tracks - well, it wasn't until last night.........but as Mika stood by the piano or sat on it for the whole of the song and was right in front of me it felt like a private performance :naughty:

Waiting all day to get the front row was DEFINATELY worth it. It was ok as it was indoors and it was all very pleasant really.

Mika gave a great performance in my opinion. I felt that no piano meant that we got much more of Mika at his flambouyant best. It must have taken a lot more out of him as he didn't get to sit down at the piano.

I am sure that everyone who gets to see the show will be blown away by it - well, maybe not everyone - but I certainly was :wub2:

Thanks for your report and pictures Kath:huglove:

I'm glad to see Mika not being able to play piano didn't upset him:wub2:

Thank you tiibet for the videos!:bow:

The opening to WAG is just :fangurl:

Thanks for your report and pictures Kath:huglove:

I'm glad to see Mika not being able to play piano didn't upset him:wub2:

No - it was great at he danced about a lot more. Not that I want him to be injured of course and I like to see him play - but it a completely different show - in more ways than one :wink2:

No - it was great at he danced about a lot more. Not that I want him to be injured of course and I like to see him play - but it a completely different show - in more ways than one :wink2:

Oh OK I see:naughty:

I was just worried that he would be upset that he couldn't play.

I'm glad he could be his happy go lucky dancey self:naughty:

I uploaded a few vids:

Rain (+ the beginning)

Blame it on the Girls:

WAG

Touches You

Tiibet ... :bow: You're MFC's Fluffy.

Hello

I thought the gig was great. After a year or so of watching more or less the same show, then the acoustic tour .................it was great to see an entirely new show. OK, so obviously there were some LICM songs included.......and it was good to hear them..............but the 'show' was something new entirely. I loved the set. I understand there are two versions to suit the different size venues and this was clearly the large one. I thought the intro - with David, was very imressive and hearing Mika start to sing whilst off stage just built up the anticipation - which was already sky high. I haven't read the whole thread, just the reports, but I see that Melody has more or less given the set list. I was desperate to see 'Touches You' live as I haven't seen it before.............and I loved it :mf_lustslow:.

Toy Boy was a particular highlight for me I think...........it isn't one of my favourite tracks - well, it wasn't until last night.........but as Mika stood by the piano or sat on it for the whole of the song and was right in front of me it felt like a private performance :naughty:

Waiting all day to get the front row was DEFINATELY worth it. It was ok as it was indoors and it was all very pleasant really.

Mika gave a great performance in my opinion. I felt that no piano meant that we got much more of Mika at his flambouyant best. It must have taken a lot more out of him as he didn't get to sit down at the piano.

I am sure that everyone who gets to see the show will be blown away by it - well, maybe not everyone - but I certainly was :wub2:

Kath I absolutely LOVE this report! No idea why, but I've read it thrice through. I think it captures what a Mika gig is all about. Thank you for sharing this and of course the lovely pictures! :drool:

That opening to We Are Golden is freakin' awesome. :shocked:

It's like we're watching him grow as an artist before our very eyes. :wub2:

Go Mika! :yay:

:tears: Lil' Meekz all growed up. But man, he's turning out to be a fine young man

Boinging excused in the circumstances :roftl:

:bow: Thank you for the pics :wub2:

Glad you enjoyed yourself and kept your fandom in check ... the new and improved Kath and all that ... me ... I'm beyond hope at the moment ... :fangurl:

Oh OK I see:naughty:

I was just worried that he would be upset that he couldn't play.

I'm glad he could be his happy go lucky dancey self:naughty:

No - he didn't seem upset - seemed to really enjoy himself.

Tiibet ... :bow: You're MFC's Fluffy.

Kath I absolutely LOVE this report! No idea why, but I've read it thrice through. I think it captures what a Mika gig is all about. Thank you for sharing this and of course the lovely pictures! :drool:

:tears: Lil' Meekz all growed up. But man, he's turning out to be a fine young man

:naughty:

I didn't go into any real detail about the setlist or anything as I know Mellody had done that. Glad you enjoyed it :biggrin2:

:bow: Thank you for the pics :wub2:

Glad you enjoyed yourself and kept your fandom in check ... the new and improved Kath and all that ... me ... I'm beyond hope at the moment ... :fangurl:

Not sure about that...............I aren't quite sure what sort of a state I will be in by the end of the next two weeks :naughty:

Edited by kath