REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Waterfront, Belfast, 2010-FEB-13

lollipop_monkey

Thanks everybody for sharing your things :D

it looks really cool! I wish I could see his show :blush-anim-cl:

but I have some doubts, first, did the lollipop girls had as the big inflatable lollipop also skull faces?

and second, did he sing One foot boy and Suck in the middle? :)

A couple of words about queuing now...

It was one of my coolest queuing experiences so far because of the circumstances. Sienna and I turned up rather ’early ’ by ’London standards’, partly to collect my ticket from the box office. There were 2 fans already there and we added our names to the list then left shortly afterwards . We intended to go back so that the others could leave to have breakfast but we got text message that more fans arrived, so we decided to take a sightseeing tour instead as we bumped into this service on our way. We did not return until after lunch and it was decided that we cross our names on the original list and move to the end. It was absolutely fair although made no real difference yesterday as it was only 15 fans queuing until 4pm. (So we basically had a 99 per cent chance of ending up front row – which we did :wink2:) . However, then we all started to think about how we should probably implement a similar system at the forthcoming gigs...

The idea basically is that the first ones arriving should start a list (without writing numbers on hands) and check the queue every half an hour. If you are not there two times in a row, you will automatically lose your original place on the list and get signed up again when you return. Then the numbers will only be written on your hand at a later stage (2-3 pm?) so that we wouldn ’t need to deal with crossing the numbers off on the hands of people whose names have been moved further down the list.

This is just an idea and might need to be refined to be as fair as possible when we are queuing. I think it really can happen to anyone that you arrive early but for some reason –e.g. the weather, tiredness or friends suggesting different programmes – you decide to take a longer break than an half an hour... So it wouldn ’t be against people leaving the queue. Rather, it would be a system to ensure that we are as fair as possible with people queuing without any longer break.

I like this idea. Some of us had a problem with the system at the show I attended last year. There were MFCers who got there around 7am and gave those of us who arrived next numbers. After this they left, saying they were going to their hotel for a nap. It was a good four or five hours they were gone. To me, that's taking advantage of the system. I had flown in overnight and I sat in the queue for 10 hours, only leaving twice for bathroom breaks, so it was a bit frustrating to see a group of five or six people who only spent a grand total of a few hours in the queue get the front row center spots. :blink: The number thing can work, but only if people are fair to one another. :thumb_yello:

Thanks to you and everyone else for your reports/pics/vids!!

Hi everyone,

Short report here from me as my net time is limited...

I would like to leave the reporting on the stage and clothes design and onstage actions to others and write only about some main impressions...

To begin with, it was a cool audience and he was in top form, despite the fact that he did not play the piano because of a sore thumb.

I was really pleased with the new elements in the show, like he played some music before Happy Ending that sounded like a 18th century violin concerto to me, and it kind of glorified the song. Besides Rain, Relax also got some 90s sound treatment, as far as I remember, and Good Gone Girl had effects that perfectly fitted the band acting like wind-up toys....

I also loved Toy Boy played as the first song of the encore with David on the keyboard but I have to add that I did not like at all how the audience was singing it with him loudly for I don’t think it is a sing-along song. ... However, that is just my opinion and I was miming along, too, at parts so that I don’t stand out :teehee:

...all in all, I cannot wait to see him again tomorrow... :fangurl:

:shocked:

I can't wait to see the video!!!

before i'm off to bed (really need some sleep...), i quickly uploaded the new drum intro for lollipop - a bit out of sync at times, but still really fantastic! :wub2:

after thinking a lot about yesterday and watching my videos, i think the main reason why this show wasn't as magical to me as usual might've been because of the venue. maybe i'm just so used to those small gigs meanwhile. :naughty: nah, seriously, that venue somehow felt like a university auditorium, it was huge, although it was just 2200 people - but it was all spread so widely. well whatever. i'm really looking forward to tomorrow's gig in that fab old theatre, and am curious whether my feeling from the first gig will stay or whether i'll wonder what the hell i was thinking when writing that. :lmfao:

btw, something which i found quite funny but also a little bit creepy... the night before the gig i dreamt about a mika gig with the other mfcers (though i kinda missed the gig in my dream, and mika was late for it and he was really p*ssed off about that but that's not relevant here... :naughty:), and after that gig in my dream, christine got a present from mika, an envelope with a game inside that mika had drawn himself, consisting of different parts of figures and faces which you put together - like, the head, the torso and the legs, and you can combine them in different ways. and if you look at tiibets biotg video and notice the background, what was projected on the huge book... i f*ing dreamt about that the night before!!! i really was like :shocked: when i saw that at the gig and remembered my dream!

ok really off to bed now, let's see if i have another preview dream on tomorrow's mika gig! :lmfao:

That was amazing!!:fangurl: I like that one so much better than the other one:roftl:

I love his little butt wagging at the end:das:

ugh!

god, that looks amazing!

does anyone know if he'll be touring this summer?!

aka, if there's any possible chance that he'll be doing another U.S. tour this year?!

you don't even have to know just tell me what you think!

because honestly, i'm desperate.

Mika himself said the other day that this tour is going to last until

next winter -- I think it's safe to assume that the US is going to

get a few dates later this year, never fear. :thumb_yello:

We could have these discussions until the cows come home - and probably will. But the MFCers were there first. We were told not to wait by the door as we would get in the way so to just stay where we were. later (like about four hours later) some people came in and sat by the door so naturally thought they were first. But the sercuity guy assured us that we would be able to take our place - we were simply doing as instructed.

That sounds about right to me. I've been to gigs with many of the MFCers who were in Belfast, and none of them strike me as the type who would arrive at a venue and demand that those who had already been there waiting move all the way down to number thirtysomething. :blink:

I also loved Toy Boy played as the first song of the encore with David on the keyboard but I have to add that I did not like at all how the audience was singing it with him loudly for I don’t think it is a sing-along song. ... However, that is just my opinion and I was miming along, too, at parts so that I don’t stand out.

I agree with you. I'm all about singing and having a little party on songs like We Are Golden, but I think people should just let him sing on songs like Toy Boy, Over My Shoulder and PUTOF. :dunno:

The idea basically is that the first ones arriving should start a list (without writing numbers on hands) and check the queue every half an hour. If you are not there two times in a row, you will automatically lose your original place on the list and get signed up again when you return. Then the numbers will only be written on your hand at a later stage (2-3 pm?) so that we wouldn ’t need to deal with crossing the numbers off on the hands of people whose names have been moved further down the list.

This is just an idea and might need to be refined to be as fair as possible when we are queuing. I think it really can happen to anyone that you arrive early but for some reason –e.g. the weather, tiredness or friends suggesting different programmes – you decide to take a longer break than an half an hour... So it wouldn ’t be against people leaving the queue. Rather, it would be a system to ensure that we are as fair as possible with people queuing without any longer break.

The only problem I see with that is the group at the front actually making the effort to check the queue on a regular basis. I think the idea is on the right track, though. I don't think anyone should be into self torture and skip bathroom breaks, meals, or short runs back to their hotel, but if someone wants to go sightseeing, etc I think you're right they shouldn't attempt to get an early number and then just disappear. Someone mentioned people queuing and then disappearing for five hours; that's not appropriate, IMHO.

That first pic looks really quite devilish.

And wow, his hair got long! Suits him really well.

Doesn't it? :fangurl:

I think we need to start a petition to make sure he keeps it long for the Scandinavian gigs. :mf_rosetinted:

after thinking a lot about yesterday and watching my videos, i think the main reason why this show wasn't as magical to me as usual might've been because of the venue. maybe i'm just so used to those small gigs meanwhile. :naughty: nah, seriously, that venue somehow felt like a university auditorium, it was huge, although it was just 2200 people - but it was all spread so widely. well whatever. i'm really looking forward to tomorrow's gig in that fab old theatre, and am curious whether my feeling from the first gig will stay or whether i'll wonder what the hell i was thinking when writing that. :lmfao:

Another thing - how was the sound? Two things I find that leave me with that slightly anticlimactic feeling after a Mika gig are 1) if the sound is off and his mic is at all drowned out by the other instruments on stage, and 2) if he doesn't chat much with the audience and build that rapport. I know y'all are saying he didn't chat much, so it makes me wonder how the sound was, too.

in my dream, christine got a present from mika, an envelope with a game inside that mika had drawn himself, consisting of different parts of figures and faces which you put together - like, the head, the torso and the legs, and you can combine them in different ways. and if you look at tiibets biotg video and notice the background, what was projected on the huge book... i f*ing dreamt about that the night before!!! :shocked: i really was like :blink::shocked: when i saw that at the gig and remembered my dream!

:lmfao:

That's kind of awesome. Make sure to let us know if you dream about, say, an MFC secret gig. :teehee::roftl:

and Happy Ending

Ooh, what a great video. He's so dreamy! :fangurl:

before i'm off to bed (really need some sleep...), i quickly uploaded the new drum intro for lollipop - a bit out of sync at times, but still really fantastic! :wub2:

Haha, I like that a lot. It looks like it was fun :naughty:

The poor guy :no:

-----------

Interesting how in the intro to WAG, he sings "I'm gonna kill myself." I guess that's like when he sings "whore" in Lollipop instead of "bore."

Just making an observation. :naughty:

Looks like it's going to be a great tour! Hopefully it makes it's way over to Australia sometime soon. =P

Interesting how in the intro to WAG, he sings "I'm gonna kill myself." I guess that's like when he sings "whore" in Lollipop instead of "bore."

I noticed that too...

I really liked the intro to WAG. It was quite dramatic. =]

i noticed that too! I think he's talking from his perspective now instead of his teenage self cause he says: "many years have gone by" :blink:

maybe i thought too much about this :lmfao:

THANX: They're swell.

Dr. JOHN?

You are welcome, everyone :blush-anim-cl: I have more vids, but can't upload them now, don't have a proper connection. I'll upload them later, but I'm sure many other fans filmed too.

We could have these discussions until the cows come home - and probably will. But the MFCers were there first. We were told not to wait by the door as we would get in the way so to just stay where we were. later (like about four hours later) some people came in and sat by the door so naturally thought they were first. But the sercuity guy assured us that we would be able to take our place - we were simply doing as instructed :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

This was exactly how it was. Any of us who were there would never take places from anyone :blink: We were there hours before these girls.

Hi everyone,

Short report here from me as my net time is limited...

I would like to leave the reporting on the stage and clothes design and onstage actions to others and write only about some main impressions...

To begin with, it was a cool audience and he was in top form, despite the fact that he did not play the piano because of a sore thumb.

I was really pleased with the new elements in the show, like he played some music before Happy Ending that sounded like a 18th century violin concerto to me, and it kind of glorified the song. Besides Rain, Relax also got some 90s sound treatment, as far as I remember, and Good Gone Girl had effects that perfectly fitted the band acting like wind-up toys....

I also loved Toy Boy played as the first song of the encore with David on the keyboard but I have to add that I did not like at all how the audience was singing it with him loudly for I don’t think it is a sing-along song. ... However, that is just my opinion and I was miming along, too, at parts so that I don’t stand out :teehee:

...all in all, I cannot wait to see him again tomorrow... :fangurl:

I agree :thumb_yello:

Im a bit late, but im just starting to dig into these reviews/pix/vids and it all looks amazing! :mf_lustslow:

Cant wait for more from tonights show!

o0o I love this! :thumb_yello: fuuuun!

I found another video of Rain,where you can see the set from afar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=B_odAUKQn7w&v=gh6y3Tzg6Dg

dang, it looks sick! :biggrin2:

A couple of words about queuing now...

There were 2 fans already there and we added our names to the list then left shortly afterwards . We did not return until after lunch and it was decided that we cross our names on the original list and move to the end. It was absolutely fair .

:thumb_yello:

The only problem I see with that is the group at the front actually making the effort to check the queue on a regular basis. I think the idea is on the right track, though. I don't think anyone should be into self torture and skip bathroom breaks, meals, or short runs back to their hotel, but if someone wants to go sightseeing, etc I think you're right they shouldn't attempt to get an early number and then just disappear. Someone mentioned people queuing and then disappearing for five hours; that's not appropriate, IMHO.

Just wanted to reiterate both these points. Also - a photograph or short video of people in an earlier queue might also be slightly helpful as evidence of being there before others.

I'm not gonna read this thread (want to keep it a surprise for May) but I managed to watch the YT-vid of WAG: OMG, did he really sing: "I'm gonna kill myself."??:shocked:

that's harsh.

Yes he did! I love the new WAG intro, it's brill. But I really do hope Mika doesn't want to kill himself!! Perish the thought!!!

I can't wait for the North American tour:mf_rosetinted:

I can't wait until Mika tours an actual country that isn't spoiled with the luxuries of seeing him contstantly, make some others happy. :mf_rosetinted:

I know I'm an Aussie and by definition I should be whinging about lack of gigs (and with you girls posting about wanting Mika gigs it would be an opportune time), but you know what?

I can't be arsed.

Yes, that's right. I can't be bothered whinging. I'm not even going to bother making some sly comment about how Mika should come to Oz soon, because it's not really the time or place to do it. He'll get here in his own sweet arse time as he usually does.

I'm just going to enjoy other people's experiences with Mika and wait patiently for him to return to the great land Down Under... which I know he will.

It doesn't really matter where he is or what he's doing ... it's never ever enough .... I'll go and see these 6 or 7 gigs ... and by the end of it ... I'll want more .... and more ... and more :aah:

*glares at purse*

I agree totally!

Yeah that's probably true for a lot of you, but I cherish my 1 gig I had with him because I thought it would never happen, :emot-sad: So, if I never get to go see him again, I'll die a happy person. :blush-anim-cl:

I'd be a very very very happy fangurl if he did an actual tour here, but I'll live with being a happy fangurl... :naughty:

:bow:

we're waiting for him, for more than 2 years!!!!!:tears:

I hope we can see this new tour very soon!!:wub2:

I hope for your sake that he does tour near you!

We could have these discussions until the cows come home - and probably will. But the MFCers were there first. We were told not to wait by the door as we would get in the way so to just stay where we were. later (like about four hours later) some people came in and sat by the door so naturally thought they were first. But the sercuity guy assured us that we would be able to take our place - we were simply doing as instructed :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Hmmmm... that's very interesting... Obviously they weren't told that and thought you were pushing in...

:thumb_yello: it seems a fair good thing to me!

it sounds very fair in theory, and i guess in most places it'd work very well, but it isn't going to work in all countries.

I love love love it!!!

:wub2: It looks amazing, it sounds awesome and I seriously want to try something similar with a pipe band :teehee:

ugh!

god, that looks amazing!

does anyone know if he'll be touring this summer?!

aka, if there's any possible chance that he'll be doing another U.S. tour this year?!

you don't even have to know just tell me what you think!

because honestly, i'm desperate.

No tour dates have been announced... North America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand and South America as desperately awaiting dates though :fisch:

I'm starting to think dates for the rest of us will be sometime August/September/October *hopes for September/October dates as they fit with school holidays* :teehee:

Looks like it's going to be a great tour! Hopefully it makes it's way over to Australia sometime soon. =P

Subtle much? :teehee:

Least you're not whinging...