2011 - MIKA in Compiègne, France - 9 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feels like ages since my last report, feels good to be able to write another one :teehee:

Me, my parents and my sister went to Compiègne because I graduated from high school

(maybe that’s why I studied so hard, because I wanted to see Mika so bad). We arrived in

Compiègne around 15:00, I felt hopeless about the queuing/getting a good spot because my

parents didn’t want to go there early (I heard the queuing went badly anyway, I feel really

sorry for you all :boxed:). We arrived at le palais around 19:00 and there were so many people. We

got through security at 20:00. I did the magic bottle cap thing I always do at concerts: I take a

second bottle cap with me and hide it somewhere so I can close the water bottle anyways :teehee:

I was quite happy with the spot I got, even though we got there kinda late.

I’ll keep the DJ part short, because I didn’t like it. :mf_rosetinted: Then Mika came on! I really really really

loved the stage and the outfits (made me think of Queen’s ‘Killer Queen’) (She keeps Moet et

Chandon in a pretty cabinet, ‘let them eat cake’ she says, just like Marie Antoinette). In the

beginning, I thought I had some kind of connection with Mika: while singing I put two fingers

in the air (peace sign) and right after that Mika did the same thing! :wink2:

I will randomly post some pictures and vids now, like I always do, because I don't know what to say :teehee:

They are not the best quality. The sound is alright, though.

Karen:

(still uploading)

Blame it on the weather:

http://imageshack.us/f/231/img6529q.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/32/img6537yr.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/39/img6553j.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/651/img6557kc.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/23/img6562k.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/215/img6570q.jpg/

In my opinion the crowd could have been more... enthusiastic. But that’s just my opinion :blush-anim-cl:

Overall I had a great time, dancing, jumping, singing, (laughing when Mika fell on his butt,

iMMa fell too: she really did a Jimmy). My parents didn’t want to wait for Mika afterwards

(to my disappointment :sneaky2:). The next day we went to Paris and I got a pic with wax Mika at the

Grévin museum. Which was nice. I can’t wait for the new album and the new tour (I think I’ll

go on my own next time so I can come whenever I want and do whatever I want :thumb_yello:).

Feels like ages since my last report, feels good to be able to write another one :teehee:

Me, my parents and my sister went to Compiègne because I graduated from high school

(maybe that’s why I studied so hard, because I wanted to see Mika so bad). We arrived in

Compiègne around 15:00, I felt hopeless about the queuing/getting a good spot because my

parents didn’t want to go there early (I heard the queuing went badly anyway, I feel really

sorry for you all :boxed:). We arrived at le palais around 19:00 and there were so many people. We

got through security at 20:00. I did the magic bottle cap thing I always do at concerts: I take a

second bottle cap with me and hide it somewhere so I can close the water bottle anyways :teehee:

I was quite happy with the spot I got, even though we got there kinda late.

I’ll keep the DJ part short, because I didn’t like it. :mf_rosetinted: Then Mika came on! I really really really

loved the stage and the outfits (made me think of Queen’s ‘Killer Queen’) (She keeps Moet et

Chandon in a pretty cabinet, ‘let them eat cake’ she says, just like Marie Antoinette). In the

beginning, I thought I had some kind of connection with Mika: while singing I put two fingers

in the air (peace sign) and right after that Mika did the same thing! :wink2:

I will randomly post some pictures and vids now, like I always do, because I don't know what to say :teehee:

They are not the best quality. The sound is alright, though.

In my opinion the crowd could have been more... enthusiastic. But that’s just my opinion :blush-anim-cl:

Overall I had a great time, dancing, jumping, singing, (laughing when Mika fell on his butt,

iMMa fell too: she really did a Jimmy). My parents didn’t want to wait for Mika afterwards

(to my disappointment :sneaky2:). The next day we went to Paris and I got a pic with wax Mika at the

Grévin museum. Which was nice. I can’t wait for the new album and the new tour (I think I’ll

go on my own next time so I can come whenever I want and do whatever I want :thumb_yello:).

I'm really happy for you and congrats for the graduation :winner_third_h4h: !! Your report sounds really enthusiastic and so much fun for us to read.

Will write a very brief report.

This gig comes for me on no.3 in my top 3 Mika-related moments EVER.

Won a ticket on thursday and I just decided I should go after all.

Compiegne is such a beautiful city and I'm glad I've discovered it. Think I'll always add 2 days in Compi to my future Paris trips.

Went to queue at 6 something even though I had a ticket for Cat.2. Was lovely meeting all the MFCrs again Nezza, Jazzy, Ingie, Nico, Luke, Rose, Saskja, Sara and the French MFCrs.

The surprise of the day came when I figured at about 12pm that I have to queue on a different street for Cat.2. That's when the lovely YulsMcFuls said she had an extra Cat.1 ticket. I literally felt like Charlie when he found the golden Wonka ticket. :aah:

So basically, I ended up from being bound to see the gig from afar, to being front row.

Yuls, once again: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The concert was mindblowing and I felt so lucky to be there. Like literally lucky. Had the time of my life!!

Here are my pictures (there are some from Paris aswell, but they won't hurt your eyes, trust me) :lol3: : http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewhitefeather

And here are my 2 great videos:

The Weather:

Karen:

B!anka

Will write a very brief report.

This gig comes for me on no.3 in my top 3 Mika-related moments EVER.

Won a ticket on thursday and I just decided I should go after all.

Compiegne is such a beautiful city and I'm glad I've discovered it. Think I'll always add 2 days in Compi to my future Paris trips.

Went to queue at 6 something even though I had a ticket for Cat.2. Was lovely meeting all the MFCrs again Nezza' date=' Jazzy, Ingie, Nico, Luke, Rose, Saskja, Sara [/b']and the French MFCrs.

The surprise of the day came when I figured at about 12pm that I have to queue on a different street for Cat.2. That's when the lovely YulsMcFuls said she had an extra Cat.1 ticket. I literally felt like Charlie when he found the golden Wonka ticket. :aah:

So basically, I ended up from being bound to see the gig from afar, to being front row.

Yuls, once again: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The concert was mindblowing and I felt so lucky to be there. Like literally lucky. Had the time of my life!!

Here are my pictures (there are some from Paris aswell, but they won't hurt your eyes, trust me) :lol3: : http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewhitefeather

And here are my 2 great videos:

The Weather:

Karen:

B!anka

I'm really glad to hear you had such a great time in France!! Also, thanks for the DM on Twitter, I've received it and I love the pictures :naughty:. Also, did he introduce his duet with Ida as "The Weather"? Just because it's the first time I hear it being called this way. However, they are sooooo sweet together I can't take my eyes off.

I'm really glad to hear you had such a great time in France!! Also, thanks for the DM on Twitter, I've received it and I love the pictures :naughty:. Also, did he introduce his duet with Ida as "The Weather"? Just because it's the first time I hear it being called this way. However, they are sooooo sweet together I can't take my eyes off.

Actually, he did not introduce the song with a specific title, I've given it this name.

Something tells me this song will not be called "Blame it on the Weather" to avoid confusions, yet again this is not the thread to discuss it and I'm not the one to decide that, I've just given it a different name. :naughty:

B!anka

Won't really write a proper report as most of what had happened is already said.

Just a few thoughts:

- the 'singer' of the last DJ set got actually pulled off stage :naughty: I usually find it unfair if people are booing and shouting them off. But in this case... He was just very... unappealing... So after a while a man came on the right side of the stage and gestured this 'cutting off your head'-thing to the singer and afterwards literally pulled him off. The guy looked really p***** afterwards :aah:

- no, Mellody, I don't like his hair :bleh:

- I loved the show, the set, seeing happy Mika and hanging out with you guys

- The new songs were all great in my ears, but I fell especially for Blame it on the Weather. Have been listening to it constantly since I saw it in Compiegne :wub2:

- if wanted I'll upload pics tonight (haven't checked them yet, only if there are good ones :wink2: )

About the organisation:

Many things have been said already. I heard somewhere that it was the first time Rocksquare organised such a big event. But imo that's no excuse. They made many stupid mistakes. I know that our numbers system is always a bit risky and it always depends on the security working there. There was hardly a gig that made me feel safer about the system working, though. Rose told me in the morning that they had already spoken with some of the girls of team Mika who already knew about the system. We talked to one of the girls later on again. I explained it again. They showed us that they understood. Then I saw French Deb talking to one of the security guys who asked his boss to come. He came, she explained, he understood. Then I saw how he explained it to every single(!) other security guard. I saw him showing his hand for where the numbers would be and which entrance we are standing at. So I'm very sure everybody knew about it. But it was chaotic. I don't know if they were responsible for the late soundcheck as well but I wouldn't be surprised. Apart from the missing barriers and garbages I saw them building up the scanners for the ticket barcode only at the time we already should have been inside. I wonder why :blink: They stood around during the soundcheck and did nothing :aah: The plan was to make us go through several checks. They wanted to control our numbers (not in order), they wanted to check if our identities on the ticket would match with those on our passports, they wanted to check the barcodes and our bags and ourselves :aah: That are five steps! I can't imagine that working out even with very organised and patient fans :aah: In the end the only thing that got checked was my passport btw :aah:

So all in all it was a mess. Just wanted to sum up observations. And I tweeted to Celine Evano about it. I think they don't really care about what the fans think. But maybe there is a little bit of hope that team Mika give them an honest feedback as well, maybe even including our thoughts.

However, it was a great gig and I'll try to keep that in mind instead of the stupid things around that fabulous time!

Edited by Statue_of_Liberty

I bet you do!:roftl:

Thank you for a fantastic report!:wub2:

:freak:

You are welcome!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: SEATED VENUES PLEASE!:biggrin2:

Here, here! :thumb_yello:

Not just your opinion I'm afraid... I had this boring woman on my left who didn't even clap ONCE during Mika's performance! :shocked: She would stare at me and the others who had fun every now and then. I felt like asking her something like: "What the hell are you doing this close to the stage if you don't like the show?" But I didn't, because that would have been rude, and I doubt she understood English anyway. :biggrin2: What a waste of a good ticket! :doh:

Oh, and I heard that some people took photos of the garbage heaps! There were tons of garbage where people had queued because there were no bins anywhere! Unbelievable. :shocked: I wish I had taken pictures too, because some people I know would never believe that. :lmfao:

We thought everything would be better but we forgot another element: our neighbours. We were next to people who must have never been to Mika's gigs before because they were angry at the people in front of us because they were taking pictures of the stage or were filming (their heads prevented them from watching) and those people hit me in the back and shouted at me because I was jumping on 'relax' :shocked: OMG what a day! As they were agressive people I could not answer back and advise them to attend funerals or classical music concerts or operas :sneaky2:

Ha, that's always my thought too - if you want to stand there like a statue, go to an opera instead. Not a Mika gig. :shun:

what I can't get (and what REALLY upsets me actually) is that in the Rocksquare team, there are actually "real" Mika fans who made a lot of gigs, know every french and international forums and moreover perfectly know how the system of number works...

and they are the ones who told to other fans that they have to come at crazy o'clock in the morning because others would do so (perfectly knowing that some people would be afraid of arriving too late and would actually really come in the middle of the night...), and they are the ones too who promised the system would be respected...

I'm confused...are you saying that people from Rocksquare actually told Mika fans to queue stupidly early???

Ha, that's always my thought too - if you want to stand there like a statue, go to an opera instead. Not a Mika gig. :shun:

I'm confused...are you saying that people from Rocksquare actually told Mika fans to queue stupidly early???

That's definitely what I heard too, and for me is the major reason why some of us went there very early.

:shocked:

Seriously, who is behind that team? A bunch of high-school students?

It was pretty scary really. After a few days now I wonder how we even managed to get to see Mika on the scheduled night.

I'm really happy for you and congrats for the graduation :winner_third_h4h: !! Your report sounds really enthusiastic and so much fun for us to read.

Thank you! :biggrin2:

Not just your opinion I'm afraid... I had this boring woman on my left who didn't even clap ONCE during Mika's performance! :shocked: She would stare at me and the others who had fun every now and then. I felt like asking her something like: "What the hell are you doing this close to the stage if you don't like the show?" But I didn't, because that would have been rude, and I doubt she understood English anyway. :biggrin2: What a waste of a good ticket! :doh:

Exactly!!! :boxed: I always want to kick those people to the back of the venue!

:shocked:

Seriously, who is behind that team? A bunch of high-school students?

you have no idea how right you are with this statement :aah:

As far as I know, most of them are around 20-23 years old... including their "big boss".....

Edited by Nanou