2011 - MIKA in Compiègne, France - 9 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

i'm not sure,... but maybe it's not a bad idea to talk about this q-ing thing in a separate thread too? :dunno:

That's exactly what I wanted to suggest right now. This is a gig-report-thread after all :aah:

So who and where is starting a thread? :biggrin2:

Edit: I started a thread in the before the show - section. I hope that place is okay...

Edited by Statue_of_Liberty

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:bow: :bow:

This queuing thing is getting too mad, IMO.

I even read people saying the queuing for Porto gig would be a disaster without the numbers. WTF?

I mean...you don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand the "normal" queuing system, are you? :blink: I only got to use the numbers at Mika gigs, and never EVER had a problem in a queue, and didn't even need to start at stupid o'clock.

The thing is, there are a number of people who WANT to start the list, no matter what, WANT to take care of eveything (must be a very empowering position :naughty:). And this is a snowball effect, if you want to start the list, you need to get there first. If you hear someone's going at 6 am, you get there at 4. But then someone knows that, and go at 2... And so on... It got to the point of people not trusting each other ("ooh they say they're going at 9, they want to fool us, let's go at 7!" :boxed:) Seriously??

Pretty idiot, if you ask me, but who am I to tell people what they should do, I leave it to common sense.

I won't even comment on the "patrol" thing. It's way too stupid for my understanding. :aah:

+1 :mf_rosetinted:

A little bit late, here's my 3 last videos and all my photos.

Before "Karen":

During "Love Today" :

Before "BIOTW"

All my pics are here (you can clik to make them larger :wink2:)

http://liveinglitterlikeyou.blogspot.com/2011/07/compiegne-9-juillet-2011.html

16.jpg

18.jpg

26.jpg

52.jpg

54.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

71.jpg

73.jpg

Voilà :wink2:

Thks for those gorgeous pics and vids :wink2:

Cant believe that it's already been a week since Compiegne!

What an incredible gig that was!! It felt more than amazing hearing the new songs for the first time:wub2:

The duet with Ida was so beautiful and I somehow think that this song fitted perfectly the Marie Antoinette theme of this concert. Karen was equally brilliant. It was magical for me hearing this song for the first time!!!

Elle me Dit is also really powerful live, it made everyone want to sing along. It was so clear and obvious that the audience loved all the new songs.

I was really impressed by the new set and costumes too! Both Mika's and the band's clothes were fantastic.

Oh and hearing Kick Ass live again was a great surprise as well. I was afraid that we might not get to listen to it on the summer gigs and I'm so glad I was wrong :biggrin2:

Another fantastic surprise was getting to hear the soundcheck while queueing. It was amazing getting to listen to the new songs, even for a little bit, before the gig had started. When they played Rain and Relax everyone at the queue was singing along. There were some really young kids from one of the houses that were very near the Chateau that were at their window watching the people in the queue. At one point they went back to their house and a bit later on they came back with a drawing that said we love Mika, which they managed to stick to their window. I thought that was really sweet.

It was also great meeting some lovely MFC-ers :)

I feel really lucky to have been able to attend this concert, it was really special indeed:wub2::wub2:

Ok, really late I know, but this Oldling has never uploaded anything to youtube before. Sorry it's sideways (couldn't figure out how to rotate it), the sound isn't brilliant but I think it looks good.

Blue Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkPGEH_Yepc

:wub2:really nice video!i will try to edit your video and i will send you a download link :wink2:

:mf_lustslow:Louiza!You have seen Mika Live!!!:wub2::wub2:

Okay, not gonna do a report for this one because...well, blegh. The two hours Mika was on stage were perfect though, and it was amazing seeing all my old MFC friends again, and making new ones too! I'm uploading videos right now, but unfortunately there is a lot of cameraman arse featured in them.

For now, here's my facebook photo album with the pictures I took. They're not fab (the lighting didn't agree with my position, etc etc) but there are a few good ones.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150246304667012.323473.580672011&l=13a6479094&type=1

Oh, the only thing I will tell you guys about, which you probably won't have heard from anyone else is about the fight I got into in the hectic crush before we went in. Mostly I'm relaying this story because I feel you all deserve to know how badass I am. (Like you didn't know already :mf_rosetinted:)

Anyway, quick version.

Very short woman with seven year old child: Excuse me, you're crushing my son.

Me: I'm being crushed, I don't have much choice in the matter I'm afraid.

Very short woman with seven year old child: But your arm is on him.

Me: I can't move my arm anywhere else, there is literally no room. You shouldn't bring your child to a place this crushed if he can't handle it. It's dangerous.

Very short woman with seven year old child: *attempts filthy look* Can you apologise?

Me: I could, but I'm not going to.

Very short woman with seven year old child: =O Bloody English!

Me: Bloody French!

Very short woman with seven year old child: Actually, I'm Australian.

Me: Bloody criminal!

BOOM.

No offence to any French/Aussies here, she started the whole racism thing, which was unwise, because she should have known by then that I would finish it. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed that little drama. There's another for Liege which I'll tell you all about later, but I'm going to write a proper report for that one because it was the bessssssst show everrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway, quick version.

Me: I can't move my arm anywhere else, there is literally no room. You shouldn't bring your child to a place this crushed if he can't handle it. It's dangerous.

Very short woman with seven year old child: *attempts filthy look* Can you apologise?

BOOM.

:roftl: Glad you made me laugh about that. I was SO furious! And still am. Celine Evano promised an explanation. But I have no idea if that one will ever see the light so I keep bitch slapping her on twitter... :sneaky2:

:roftl: Glad you made me laugh about that. I was SO furious! And still am. Celine Evano promised an explanation. But I have no idea if that one will ever see the light so I keep bitch slapping her on twitter... :sneaky2:

Well if you get tired of bitch slapping I know Ingie is very adept at it - she can cover for a while. :roftl:

I think no explanation will come from her or...errmm...anyone else...they kinda disappered (of course :sneaky2:)

Oh, the only thing I will tell you guys about, which you probably won't have heard from anyone else is about the fight I got into in the hectic crush before we went in. Mostly I'm relaying this story because I feel you all deserve to know how badass I am. (Like you didn't know already :mf_rosetinted:)

Anyway, quick version.

BOOM.

:floor: :floor: :floor:

BOOM.

This made my day. Period. :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Ha, I'm glad my run in amused you guys. And Christine, we all know they're a useless pile of sh*tehawks, but there is some satisfaction in hearing them admit to it themselves, don't you think?

Anyway, at long last, after youtube and I had a bit of a fight, then sat down and talked things through, and resolved some of the issues that we had with each other, I have managed to upload all my videos for your enjoyment.

Except a good portion of it is cameraman arse. But you know, whatevs.

Happy Ending -

Karen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXGlvfrl1P8

Elle Me Dit -

Blue Eyes -

Blame it on the Weather - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5XpoF1jms

Ha, I'm glad my run in amused you guys. And Christine, we all know they're a useless pile of sh*tehawks, but there is some satisfaction in hearing them admit to it themselves, don't you think?

Anyway, at long last, after youtube and I had a bit of a fight, then sat down and talked things through, and resolved some of the issues that we had with each other, I have managed to upload all my videos for your enjoyment.

Except a good portion of it is cameraman arse. But you know, whatevs.

Happy Ending -

Karen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXGlvfrl1P8

Elle Me Dit -

Blue Eyes -

Blame it on the Weather - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5XpoF1jms

Yay! New vids from Compiègne! :original:

Thanks for posting, I'm glad you and Youtube talked things through :biggrin2:

Well if you get tired of bitch slapping I know Ingie is very adept at it - she can cover for a while. :roftl:

Indeed. :mf_rosetinted:

tumblr_lmtzy4G58u1qem26lo1_500.gif

I'm not sure what there is to explain. They are inexperienced and disorganized so it was a disaster. :dunno:

That is quite the understatement:mf_rosetinted:

Anyhow, my report: http://ingridchant.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-trip-part-1-compiegne.html