Manchester Ritz, UK - December 14, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

From what I've heard it wasn't his crew but the venue's crew who were off and what is treated badly? It might just have been the way you've interpreted it unless they said: "You can't go in here because we don't want you near Mika."

You must realise that it's hectic after shows. Nobody came to help us after Cologne, but we just happened to be in the way of everybody working there so there was no way they could forget it. But I find it strange you automatically assume it was all one big conspiracy.

I've never said you weren't a big Mika fan. And I don't mind people sharing experiences they've considered to be bad, but when it is repeated multiple times I just kind of get annoyed about it, especially since it's not the end of the world. But that might just be my interpretation.

I already wrote in this thread that it wasn't Mika's crew but the crew at Ritz who treated me badly and I wasn't being oversensitive about it, one example of what happened was that they grabbed me, asked other crewmembers about what I was doing here, eventhough they had taken a good look at my pass, held my arm and took me to the choir room, shut the door, then stood outside it for a long while, and the other door was locked with a giant chain so I was basically trapped for a long while until the other choir members came back from dinner.

But as I said, I had the absolute time of my life onstage :wub2: It was one of the weirdest and therefor greatest Mika shows I had been to. Mika dumped my confetti over my head, it was wonderful lol

Edited by LaraMay

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already wrote in this thread that it wasn't Mika's crew but the crew at Ritz who treated me badly and I wasn't being oversensitive about it, one example of what happened was that they grabbed me, asked other crewmembers about what I was doing here, eventhough they had taken a good look at my pass, held my arm and took me to the choir room, shut the door, then stood outside it for a long while, and the other door was locked with a giant chain so I was basically trapped for a long while until the other choir members came back from dinner. Anyway, I'm not going to babble about this anymore, I'm at the emergency room and down with a horrible illness, I just don't care anymore...

But as I said, I had the absolute time of my life onstage :wub2: It was one of the weirdest and therefor greatest Mika shows I had been to. Mika dumped my confetti over my head, it was wonderful lol

Well, it sucks you had that experience, but Vicky explained why the lock was there and she asked so I assume she's right?

Don't take this as a personal attack. I'm just not the kind of person to say ooh and aaah when I question things :wink2:

Well, it sucks you had that experience, but Vicky explained why the lock was there and she asked so I assume she's right?

Don't take this as a personal attack. I'm just not the kind of person to say ooh and aaah when I question things :wink2:

The strange thing about the lock was that there was no one outside in the small bar, just lots of smoke and disco lights. I called it a disco for ghosts because it was so suprising that no one was there. Me and Karin assumed it was because they didn't want us to see into Mika & the band's dressingroom on the other side. It was only in the last hour or so that two or three people were actually there. It was really bizarre...

Just quickly - (I'm a bit upset just now as i've had to have my dog put down:sad: ) but all i'm saying is we shouldn't take it personally - it was no ones fault - ours included - but i'm sure ( i know) it wasn't intended as a snub to us.

I'm not saying you still can't feel a bit low about it but ..... we need to just be careful we keep it in the frame of so many awesome times with Mika :wink2:

Can't say much more atm :wink2:

Sorry about your dog, Vicky :huglove:

And you're right, we should just move on and treasure the good times :)

Ok - just one last word on his just now

I did make contact as suggested and have had a reply to say to this effect:

Quote -------Mika says thanks to all of you, he loved having you and was sorry not to see you after - hope you enjoyed it

I can't ask for more:blush-anim-cl:

Ok - just one last word on his just now

I did make contact as suggested and have had a reply to say to this effect:

Quote -------Mika says thanks to all of you, he loved having you and was sorry not to see you after - hope you enjoyed it

I can't ask for more:blush-anim-cl:

Where is this from? Did someone e-mail you?

The strange thing about the lock was that there was no one outside in the small bar, just lots of smoke and disco lights. I called it a disco for ghosts because it was so suprising that no one was there. Me and Karin assumed it was because they didn't want us to see into Mika & the band's dressingroom on the other side. It was only in the last hour or so that two or three people were actually there. It was really bizarre...

Well, it's more convenient to put a lock there when the place is not already filled with people.

Lara ... you had a wonderful experience because you got to be in the choir ... twice. A lot of people at MFC would have loved to be in the choir, but unfortunately they were not chosen ... not even once. So why don't you just focus on the good memories you have of this wonderful experience instead of keep complaining about the bad things that happened to you?

I agree with Ingrid ... your posts are starting to be a little annoying, so get over it and focus on the good memories ... and remember that you had the chance of your life ... a chance that a lot of people here would loved to have had ... but never got.

:huglove:

Lara ... you had a wonderful experience because you got to be in the choir ... twice. A lot of people at MFC would have loved to be in the choir, but unfortunately they were not chosen ... not even once. So why don't you just focus on the good memories you have of this wonderful experience instead of keep complaining about the bad things that happened to you?

I agree with Ingrid ... your posts are starting to be a little annoying, so get over it and focus on the good memories ... and remember that you had the chance of your life ... a chance that a lot of people here would loved to have had ... but never got.

:huglove:

Did you even read my last post? :doh: I am being positive now. Sorry for having annoyed you...

And like I said before, I am extremely appreciative of BOTH experiences.

Did you even read my last post? :doh: I am being positive now. Sorry for having annoyed you...

And like I said before, I am extremely appreciative of BOTH experiences.

:thumb_yello:

And I didn't read your last post, because I was typing this post. :doh:

Yeah I was going to post those links :) The reviews have been amazing. I like the review where they mention the Polka Dot choir and the blow up instruments I gave to my friends in the front row lol

Btw, I'd just like to add, about some people thinking I'm being negative and annoying; If you'd know me personally, you'd know that I'm one of the most positive people on this planet. I only complain about something when I truly feel it's appropriate and I've never been negative about my Mika experiences before and was always really positive about this actual show itself.

@Lara I think it is perfectly ok to talk about how you felt after the gig or how you have been treated. Others gave their perspective on how they thought it happened, so it may have even helped you. I have heard fans have similar feelings after a gig (not in the choir though), but they never said anything here and they may not see Mika again.

Ingie and others have a point in saying that one can't expect Mika to approach fans with the same level of enthusiasm after each gig but when it comes to the choir what is it that he is offering them? His care and attention. It is about nothing but being near him for hours plus having one's picture taken and album signed. It developed into an expectation so if others got it or you had it on another night you expect the same thing to happen again. That is reality and the expectation will remain the same if he keeps trying to please fans this way.

Btw, I'd just like to add, about some people thinking I'm being negative and annoying; If you'd know me personally, you'd know that I'm one of the most positive people on this planet. I only complain about something when I truly feel it's appropriate and I've never been negative about my Mika experiences before and was always really positive about this actual show itself.

I don't know you personally, but that's what I always thought of you anyway, you seem like a very positive person :teehee: And it seems I'm in a minority this time, but I don't think you were annoying at all, others like to moan much more often and even about less important things :naughty: Don't worry about it :huglove:

@Lara I think it is perfectly ok to talk about how you felt after the gig or how you have been treated. Others gave their perspective on how they thought it happened, so it may have even helped you. I have heard fans have similar feelings after a gig (not in the choir though), but they never said anything here and they may not see Mika again.

Ingie and others have a point in saying that one can't expect Mika to approach fans with the same level of enthusiasm after each gig but when it comes to the choir what is it that he is offering them? His care and attention. It is about nothing but being near him for hours plus having one's picture taken and album signed. It developed into an expectation so if others got it or you had it on another night you expect the same thing to happen again. That is reality and the expectation will remain the same if he keeps trying to please fans this way.

I totally agree with you and I absolutely think he's amazingly generous to his fans. I don't admire a lot of artists in the way that I admire Mika, the only other artist I can think of who had this close relationship to his fans is MJ.

I hope Mika doesn't feel like he absolutely has to greet the fans after each of his shows because it's sort of expected. I wouldn't had mind it if someone from Mika's team came to us and simply told us that he had left so we could go back outside to our friends who were waiting for us. Really, I think Mika is one of the most down to earth artists on the planet, which is one of the reasons I bother to admire him (mainly because of his amazing creativity though).

I don't know you personally, but that's what I always thought of you anyway, you seem like a very positive person :teehee: And it seems I'm in a minority this time, but I don't think you were annoying at all, others like to moan much more often and even about less important things :naughty: Don't worry about it :huglove:

Awww thanks Milda! :huglove: I guess I have been sort of negative these last two days, don't wanna go off topic, but my flight was cancelled and the customs police took me in and questioned me and looked through my handbag :sneaky2: So I've been sort of cranky lately lol But I'm in a better mood again now. :naughty:

Edited by LaraMay

Awww thanks Milda! :huglove: I guess I have been sort of negative these last two days, don't wanna go off topic, but my flight was cancelled and the customs police took me in and questioned me and looked through my handbag :sneaky2: So I've been sort of cranky lately lol But I'm in a better mood again now. :naughty:

Maybe they liked you and that was the only way to spend more time with you :naughty: Probably the same thing happened at Ritz with the crew members.. It's either that or you look like a serial killer :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe they liked you and that was the only way to spend more time with you :naughty: Probably the same thing happened at Ritz with the crew members.. It's either that or you look like a serial killer :mf_rosetinted:

Lol :naughty: At the airport I definitely looked like a serial killer after two days of no sleep, should've put my :mikacool: on, but I guess that would've made me look even more suspicious lol

I won't do a proper report because it's kinda late and nobody would read it anyway :naughty: But I want to use my beloved MFC to take down a few notes:

- I loved the gig. It was very relaxed, Mika was in a better mood than in London (as far as I can tell) and made a lot of silly jokes which I loved.

- The doors were brilliant. The security staff were very friendly, well-organised and helpful. When we were let in everybody stayed calm and after we had arrived in front row we wondered where the rest of the people were because we had SO much space.

- I saw Felix smiling :shocked: (sorry, couldn't resist...)

- The choir members kicked it, you guys were very entertaining! :thumb_yello:

- Everything that happened afterwards felt weird. I can't really explain why. Mika came out very quickly, seemed to rush things and didn't meet the choir. You know that already. But still I have a weird feeling about it. Even Thomas seemed to be surprised and I thought it would be a bit calmer and stuff. But I won't complain. My fault that I gave him another weird little gift instead of thanking him properly for this tour :aah:

- A special thank you goes to Laura and Prince Charming for spontanousely giving me a roof over my head for the night :flowers2:

I'd like to add that I'm overwhelmed by how quickly this tour is over (for me at least). It felt like ages until it started and was over in the blink of an eye. I loved every second of it, though (well, the freezing not so much - serious hopes for the next tour taking place in summer here!) and can't wait for the next fitting gigs to be announced. Oh, and when I went to Lovebox this June I wouldn't have imagined how much I would love 4 out of 5 new band members by now! They've done a great job becoming a proper band and not just random musicians being together on the same stage. I love the chemnistry that Mika seems to have with them but also the laughs and giggles they share with each other. It's so much fun to watch them! Plus I think they're very talented. Okay, I'll stop fangurling.

A big thank you to all MFCers that made this tour so special, the waiting in the cold bearable and the idea of being insane because of what I do vanish for a little while as you do the same! :huglove: I have no idea how I'll survive the time until I see some of you guys again - thank God for the internet. A certain Brazilian fangurl will be especially missed and I can just hope that we meet again very soon! :huglove:

Oh and my pictures of Manchester :teehee:: http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20The%20Ritz%20Manchester%2014th%20December%202012/

Mika_Manchester_41.jpg

Mika_Manchester_46.jpg

Mika_Manchester_63.jpg

He looks like a little boy in that one! Awww!

Mika_Manchester_68.jpg

Mika_Manchester_71.jpg

:naughty:

Mika_Manchester_82.jpg

I won't do a proper report because it's kinda late and nobody would read it anyway :naughty: But I want to use my beloved MFC to take down a few notes:

- I loved the gig. It was very relaxed, Mika was in a better mood than in London (as far as I can tell) and made a lot of silly jokes which I loved.

- The doors were brilliant. The security staff were very friendly, well-organised and helpful. When we were let in everybody stayed calm and after we had arrived in front row we wondered where the rest of the people were because we had SO much space.

- I saw Felix smiling :shocked: (sorry, couldn't resist...)

- The choir members kicked it, you guys were very entertaining! :thumb_yello:

- Everything that happened afterwards felt weird. I can't really explain why. Mika came out very quickly, seemed to rush things and didn't meet the choir. You know that already. But still I have a weird feeling about it. Even Thomas seemed to be surprised and I thought it would be a bit calmer and stuff. But I won't complain. My fault that I gave him another weird little gift instead of thanking him properly for this tour :aah:

- A special thank you goes to Laura and Prince Charming for spontanousely giving me a roof over my head for the night :flowers2:

I'd like to add that I'm overwhelmed by how quickly this tour is over (for me at least). It felt like ages until it started and was over in the blink of an eye. I loved every second of it, though (well, the freezing not so much - serious hopes for the next tour taking place in summer here!) and can't wait for the next fitting gigs to be announced. Oh, and when I went to Lovebox this June I wouldn't have imagined how much I would love 4 out of 5 new band members by now! They've done a great job becoming a proper band and not just random musicians being together on the same stage. I love the chemnistry that Mika seems to have with them but also the laughs and giggles they share with each other. It's so much fun to watch them! Plus I think they're very talented. Okay, I'll stop fangurling.

A big thank you to all MFCers that made this tour so special, the waiting in the cold bearable and the idea of being insane because of what I do vanish for a little while as you do the same! :huglove: I have no idea how I'll survive the time until I see some of you guys again - thank God for the internet. A certain Brazilian fangurl will be especially missed and I can just hope that we meet again very soon! :huglove:

Oh and my pictures of Manchester :teehee:: http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20The%20Ritz%20Manchester%2014th%20December%202012/

Mika_Manchester_41.jpg

Mika_Manchester_46.jpg

Mika_Manchester_63.jpg

He looks like a little boy in that one! Awww!

Mika_Manchester_68.jpg

Mika_Manchester_71.jpg

:naughty:

Mika_Manchester_82.jpg

OMG Your photos are amazing!!!:wub2: