2010 - Mika @ Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona 18 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Christine

Morning everybody! I just woke up from a well deserved long sleep after my Mikadventure (and I'm still tired!!). I've uploaded a few vids already (of course, I couldn't make so many in Barcelona, as I was part of it:aah:

Intro 1:

Intro 2:

SITM:

First and foremost I want to thank everybody that made the whole experience possible: my sisters Queenie and Mici, Yulia & friend and pufpuf (it was more than great to meet you, nutties:naughty:), Sariflor,Mr Sariflor and her mum(it was short, woman, but really worth it!!! ¡¡Tenemos que vernos más, porfa, porfa, porfa), John (I love that guy, I want to be in the JFC!!!), Anna, Marie and everybody backstage, and olf course, the Boy. Forgive me if I left somebody out, I am still far too overwhelmed by the whole thing.

I have to say this has been probably the most surreal days of my life, starting with me and Ana looking for a pharmacy for her fever, followed by utter despair due to the closing of the airport (now I know I can handle any situation for what I managed to do). We went from one place to another, making every phone call we thought would help us (we were lucky to be in our country after all) and having a good cry in despair.

After getting our gold-priced train tickets, everything slowly started to turn right: John came out looking for BGs and Lollypop girls, so we offered ourselves (I have to say I was there mainly because I didn't want to be left aside alone in the crowd, for I thought I was too big to be a lolly and too small to be a BG) and surprisingly we were in!!!:biggrin2: The corset was far too big on me, but I am so grateful I was chosen. Everybody backstage is so nice and caring, they make you feel at home (even after being told off by Mamma P :roftl:).

We managed to see most of the show from a very good spot and enjoyed to the last drop. I was so full of energy after the ****ty morning me, Ana and Mici had had that I simply had to let it all out.

The BG experience was interesting: I loved to see how it all worked and how everybody had their particular part in the show. The only complaint I have is the masks we had to wear: you hardly see anything at all, and as I told someone (maybe Yasmine? As I said, I couldn't see!!): how can I dance or march if I don't see where I put my feet???? I was the happiest person that night to share it all with sis Ana and sis Mici: girls, I love you is not enough:wub2:

Mika lost his voice after the show, so he couldn't speak in the meet & greet, but he was smiling all the time, listening to what everybody had to say and posing for a group pic (I won't say it, gals, you had way too much of it already:roftl:).

The show. Well, I think it's a visual marvel. I am so proud of the boy! The songs worked perfectly as usual, but this time the visuals are brilliant! I hadn't seen any vids or pics of the previous shows because I wanted to be surprised, and I was alright! Mika's entrance is astonishing, and so is the whole set, with Ian McGillan and all (one of my favourite actors in the show of one of my favourite musicians!!!). The band is utterly perfect, I think it took him a while but now he has found the musicians he deserves, I felt it was actually "MIka & Band", if you see what I mean. He was very nervous in this gig, I'm sure partly because he knew most MFCers couldn't make it and also because it was the first gig of the tour, but everything turned out fine (of course, we were in it too!!:roftl:).

So, all I can say is a huge THANK YOU

Thank you so much TheBlackQueen!

I really enjoyed reading your report & your vids are kewl.

Now OMS has been posted by you.

Mika's voice is absolutley beautiful!

Thank you so much TheBlackQueen!

I really enjoyed reading your report & your vids are kewl.

Now OMS has been posted by you.

Mika's voice is absolutley beautiful!

Well thank you! I'm glad you did, but I tell you: no words can describe how mad that day was:naughty:

Yes, it's me, I'm AsunTheBlackQueen on YT (pretty obvious, lol). His voice was wonderful beyond words:wub2:

Morning everybody! I just woke up from a well deserved long sleep after my Mikadventure (and I'm still tired!!). I've uploaded a few vids already (of course, I couldn't make so many in Barcelona, as I was part of it:aah:

Intro 1:

Intro 2:

SITM:

First and foremost I want to thank everybody that made the whole experience possible: my sisters Queenie and Mici, Yulia & friend and pufpuf (it was more than great to meet you, nutties:naughty:), Sariflor,Mr Sariflor and her mum(it was short, woman, but really worth it!!! ¡¡Tenemos que vernos más, porfa, porfa, porfa), John (I love that guy, I want to be in the JFC!!!), Anna, Marie and everybody backstage, and olf course, the Boy. Forgive me if I left somebody out, I am still far too overwhelmed by the whole thing.

I have to say this has been probably the most surreal days of my life, starting with me and Ana looking for a pharmacy for her fever, followed by utter despair due to the closing of the airport (now I know I can handle any situation for what I managed to do). We went from one place to another, making every phone call we thought would help us (we were lucky to be in our country after all) and having a good cry in despair.

After getting our gold-priced train tickets, everything slowly started to turn right: John came out looking for BGs and Lollypop girls, so we offered ourselves (I have to say I was there mainly because I didn't want to be left aside alone in the crowd, for I thought I was too big to be a lolly and too small to be a BG) and surprisingly we were in!!!:biggrin2: The corset was far too big on me, but I am so grateful I was chosen. Everybody backstage is so nice and caring, they make you feel at home (even after being told off by Mamma P :roftl:).

We managed to see most of the show from a very good spot and enjoyed to the last drop. I was so full of energy after the ****ty morning me, Ana and Mici had had that I simply had to let it all out.

The BG experience was interesting: I loved to see how it all worked and how everybody had their particular part in the show. The only complaint I have is the masks we had to wear: you hardly see anything at all, and as I told someone (maybe Yasmine? As I said, I couldn't see!!): how can I dance or march if I don't see where I put my feet???? I was the happiest person that night to share it all with sis Ana and sis Mici: girls, I love you is not enough:wub2:

Mika lost his voice after the show, so he couldn't speak in the meet & greet, but he was smiling all the time, listening to what everybody had to say and posing for a group pic (I won't say it, gals, you had way too much of it already:roftl:).

The show. Well, I think it's a visual marvel. I am so proud of the boy! The songs worked perfectly as usual, but this time the visuals are brilliant! I hadn't seen any vids or pics of the previous shows because I wanted to be surprised, and I was alright! Mika's entrance is astonishing, and so is the whole set, with Ian McGillan and all (one of my favourite actors in the show of one of my favourite musicians!!!). The band is utterly perfect, I think it took him a while but now he has found the musicians he deserves, I felt it was actually "MIka & Band", if you see what I mean. He was very nervous in this gig, I'm sure partly because he knew most MFCers couldn't make it and also because it was the first gig of the tour, but everything turned out fine (of course, we were in it too!!:roftl:).

I'm happy you had a great time!:wub2:

So he did miss us? Mwahahahaha:roftl:

Well thank you! I'm glad you did, but I tell you: no words can describe how mad that day was:naughty:

Yes, it's me, I'm AsunTheBlackQueen on YT (pretty obvious, lol). His voice was wonderful beyond words:wub2:

I have now watched quite a few vids of the show - but being there must have been ********* I don't know what words to use.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I'm happy you had a great time!:wub2:

So he did miss us? Mwahahahaha:roftl:

We all missed you!!!!! The show was uncomplete without you :sad:

I have now watched quite a few vids of the show - but being there must have been ********* I don't know what words to use.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Hahahahaha, THANK YOU!!! I'm uploading the Madrid vids. They are supposed to be better, for I was front row:thumb_yello:

Hey! ^^

Well finally I decided to explain my experience in my first Mika concert, I wasn’t sure because my English is not really good,, but I’ll try..

I arrived at 11 to the venue, 60 people had arrived before me and were in the list so I was the 61, but the list finished in 60. Ok,, at that moment it was not a problem for me.

During the morning me and my friends went to see the trucks of the stage and we saw the drummer (I don’t know how to write her name) so we started to follow her to take a photo with her.. but suddenly I saw a taxi approaching us… and OMG.. he was there.. the taxi stopped and he said: Holaa, que tal? ^^ (hello, how are u?) we melted! And we didn’t say anything, we were completely speechless… >_< so the taxi entered to Palau Sant Jordi. As Mika has left we continued following the drummer, finally we talked with her and took the photo.. so we return completely crazy to our place:mf_lustslow:

But, at the afternoon security told the first 60 people to enter to the venue T_T I couldn’t believe it,, Mika was inside and I couldn’t enter there because one person.. so I was really nervous…but well finally I relaxed and I waited until the doors were opened,, in that time I had only 3 people in front of me.. (Although inside were already 60 people)

So at 20:00 (more or less) they opened the doors,, I run, and what was my surprise? I was alone in the venue, there where only 2 people (I suppose the ones who won the meet and great) and those 60 people next to the stage, but not in front,, (i'm sorry for that 60 >_< and please tell me what happened) so I continued running and my friends after me (it was like i was alone in the venue), screaming: Mariaaaaa! And me aaahhh! OMG!!!! Look at it!!! OMG! So I arrived the first.. it was so amazing! I’ll never forget that feeling of entering the first in the most famous venue in Catalonia..

So well… the concert started.. and u can imagine seeing Mika there.. so beautiful, so a great concert… and I’m Catalan and I’m really proud of it :) xD.. so when I heard Mika saying: Sé un poco de español, castellano, pero intentare hablar en catalán (I know a little fo Spanish, but I’ll try to talk in catalan)… bff was so amazing, for every catalan people that were there.

And then, well if u see a Love today video, Mika made us close our eyes,, and first he didn’t remember how to say in Spanish, so we said (well we screamed) him, he didn’t hear us and he approached us to listen better, we interacted, laughed and then joking he said: Tu!!! (you!!!) and it’s me *O*cause I didn’t want to close my eyes xDDD I melted again.

Then well,, I have to say that it was the best concert I’ve ever been, so amazing! Here i upload 3 of the best photos ^^ (sorry for the signs)

humm Sorry,, cause it’s really long and for the mistakes (I u want tell me some mistakes to correct them the next time xD) .. thanks for reading I hope u liked!

post-13535-142983683804_thumb.jpg

post-13535-142983683826_thumb.jpg

post-13535-142983683873_thumb.jpg

@Mici: I were so worry about you as you haven't replied me. Worry about that you can come or not. But so glad to hear that you can come and have such a great experience. Thanks for your sharing. Great report! :thumb_yello:

Sorry i did not contacted you last Friday, i got to Barcelona later then expected and did not do a lot of sightseeings in the end.

Hope your trip was good, are you back home already?

Intro 1:

Intro 2:

SITM:

I agree with everything you wrote here about Mika's show, and it was such a fun time to spend it with you and Queenie.

Love you girls soooooooooo much!!!!!! :huglove:

I also forgot to say to Allegra, it was an utter pleasure to be with you and meet you again after a long time. you are fantastic. :wub2:

Also, Sariflor, i was extremly shocked and suprised you remembered me after sooooo long! It was so nice to see you again and meet your family. :huglove:

Edited by Mici

Hi everyone :bye:

I've been reading the thread i and have seen that there are many people wainting for reports and pics. I just can say that we were only a few Mfcers in Barcelona, and the day after Barcelona we traveled to Madrid's gig. In my case i stayed in Madrid till Wednesday, so i haven't been able to connect to the internet till today. But finally this afternoon i've uploaded all my vids and pics!

Well, my report... :

I first must say that, after so many weeks waiting for Barcelona I couldn't believe I was there when I arrived at Palau Sant Jordi. Had lunch and chat with a few spanish fans, and met mfcer MissLollipop54 (thank u for the Coke bottle, it was nice to meet u and have that chat in French :wink2:) and later, I was chosen for Biggirl ! :biggrin2: I wanted so much to be a Biggirl or Lollipop and dance on stage! But i wasn't sure if i was to be chosen cos i am between a 14-16 Uk size. So when my dream came true i was happiest than ever! I'll never forget it and I will never forget when I met Queenie, Mici and TheBlackQueen. We had such a great time with the other Biggirls, Yul$, the spanish Lollipops and the two boys also chosen to go on stage with us! Missed Freddiesdouble and Sarina! We were supposed to meet there but that stupid volcano...! Well, that stupid volcano isn't gonna stop us mfcers cos there are more and better gigs coming! :wink2:

The show: we couldn't see part of it, we were backstage most of the time, so i've only made a few vids (I'm sorry about the sound... my camera is just crap). I took also some pics and i'm posting them here too. The show, the show was...was...WOOOOW! Mika and the band were just great. When Mika appeared dressed as an astronaut and the crowd realized it was him, the Palau St.Jordi went mad! People was shouting so loud u nearly could hear the music. And we mcfers were so happy to be part of it! The band was as good as usual, I just love them, they get better, if possible, with every gig. I was moved by Imma's voice at OMS, well, I always am when they play that song. The sound was perfect and the idea of including videoscreens was very useful. We BG were in a corner, near the screen on the right side of the stage, so as Mika was a bit far i did some vids of the screens. Being backstage was a nice experience too, cos it gives u the opportunity to see how it all works. And wearing those masks was just hilarious. :roftl: I thought I was going to stumble on the way up/down the stairs. But everything went ok. What I enjoyed the most was the end of the concert. I went crazy dancing and jumping. Imma who was near to me gave me her hand and danced toguether. Also danced with Jimmy and felt as if he was just playing guitar only for me! And when the song ended we all bowed, and Jimmy grabbed me round the waist to bow! :boing: Then came Kick Ass and we danced like monkeys! I think it was the energy of the audience that made me jump ! I just felt happy because the crow were happy! Later we took a group pic with Mika. It was a pity he couldn't speak, it was a bit sad. Though he was attentive with us. And that's all. Next day I was in Madrid gig, but i'm talking about it at Madrid's thread....

My vids... :

Dr.John

Touches You

OMS

Mika speaks in Catalan + beginning of Toy Boy

(Mika says in Catalan that he was very nervous about coming back to Barcelona... and he feels welcome)

Trumpet Solo

Pics... :

http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/pufpuf11/barcelona%202010%20gig/

Well...These are not spectacularly close :naughty:, and are definitely different to my usual front row videos, but I quite like the fact that one can see the reaction of the audience, and the full set.

I still need to upload a few more, but here is the first batch:

Mika - intro @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Relax @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Big Girl @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - talking @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Dr. John @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - start of Blue Eyes @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Billy Brown intro in Spanish & Catalan @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Touches You @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Over My Shoulder @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Rain @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Mika - Love Today @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

Hi everyone :bye:

Well, my report... :

I first must say that, after so many weeks waiting for Barcelona I couldn't believe I was there when I arrived at Palau Sant Jordi. Had lunch and chat with a few spanish fans, and met mfcer MissLollipop54 (thank u for the Coke bottle, it was nice to meet u and have that chat in French :wink2:) and later, I was chosen for Biggirl ! :biggrin2: I wanted so much to be a Biggirl or Lollipop and dance on stage! But i wasn't sure if i was to be chosen cos i am between a 14-16 Uk size. So when my dream came true i was happiest than ever! I'll never forget it and I will never forget when I met Queenie, Mici and TheBlackQueen. We had such a great time with the other Biggirls, Yul$, the spanish Lollipops and the two boys also chosen to go on stage with us! Missed Freddiesdouble and Sarina! We were supposed to meet there but that stupid volcano...! Well, that stupid volcano isn't gonna stop us mfcers cos there are more and better gigs coming! :wink2:

The show: we couldn't see part of it, we were backstage most of the time, so i've only made a few vids (I'm sorry about the sound... my camera is just crap). I took also some pics and i'm posting them here too. The show, the show was...was...WOOOOW! Mika and the band were just great. When Mika appeared dressed as an astronaut and the crowd realized it was him, the Palau St.Jordi went mad! People was shouting so loud u nearly could hear the music. And we mcfers were so happy to be part of it! The band was as good as usual, I just love them, they get better, if possible, with every gig. I was moved by Imma's voice at OMS, well, I always am when they play that song. The sound was perfect and the idea of including videoscreens was very useful. We BG were in a corner, near the screen on the right side of the stage, so as Mika was a bit far i did some vids of the screens. Being backstage was a nice experience too, cos it gives u the opportunity to see how it all works. And wearing those masks was just hilarious. :roftl: I thought I was going to stumble on the way up/down the stairs. But everything went ok. What I enjoyed the most was the end of the concert. I went crazy dancing and jumping. Imma who was near to me gave me her hand and danced toguether. Also danced with Jimmy and felt as if he was just playing guitar only for me! And when the song ended we all bowed, and Jimmy grabbed me round the waist to bow! :boing: Then came Kick Ass and we danced like monkeys! I think it was the energy of the audience that made me jump ! I just felt happy because the crow were happy! Later we took a group pic with Mika. It was a pity he couldn't speak, it was a bit sad. Though he was attentive with us. And that's all. Next day I was in Madrid gig, but i'm talking about it at Madrid's thread....

My vids... :

Dr.John

Touches You

OMS

Mika speaks in Catalan + beginning of Toy Boy

(Mika says in Catalan that he was very nervous about coming back to Barcelona... and he feels welcome)

Trumpet Solo

Pics... :

http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/pufpuf11/barcelona%202010%20gig/

Sounds wonderful Pufpuf!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Well...These are not spectacularly close :naughty:, and are definitely different to my usual front row videos, but I quite like the fact that one can see the reaction of the audience, and the full set.

Mika - Billy Brown intro in Spanish & Catalan @ Palau St Jordi in Barcelona 18-04-10

thx for posting :flowers2:

and btw, whats "Copenhaguen"? :naughty:

So at 20:00 (more or less) they opened the doors,, I run, and what was my surprise? I was alone in the venue, there where only 2 people (I suppose the ones who won the meet and great) and those 60 people next to the stage, but not in front,, (i'm sorry for that 60 >_< and please tell me what happened)

weouw, what happened there?! :blink: does anyone know?

thanx everyone for the reports+pix+videos! :biggrin2:

I will post a few more videos, bu for the time being this is the full list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8aFKAIUybw

Thanks Sara!

I have alreadu watched some of yours.

I like them!!

Here are my videos: :thumb_yello:

Mika's Intro- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpXmgHPutOM

Big girls you are beautiful - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHb4bpAjQc

Mika talking in Spanish & Catalan, and the start of SITM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bbzih8pcXE

Mika doing his trumpet solo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obc_A7mxrgY

Dr. John- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkG33vDVsE

I got one more video to upload which is WAG..i will post it tomorrow as it takes ages to finish upload.

Thank u for posting Sara! Nice view of the stage from the stands too! :thumb_yello: