REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Amsterdam @ HMH - 7 May, 2010

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say another thing about the gig. I didn't like the way the guys who put the dragon on stage were dressed: they wore woollen hats (in Dutch:bivakmutsen). I thought it was quite scary I must say. I'm sorry but they looked like criminals. Why was that necessary?

I think its just for them to blend in as much as possible. You're not really suppose to see them, so thats why they're all dressed in black and stuff. but I agree, did look kinda scary :naughty:

I took also a few pictures! But the quality isn't really good..

IMG_1034a.jpg

IMG_1037a.jpg

IMG_1038b.jpg

IMG_1036a.jpg

IMG_1039b.jpg

IMG_1042a.jpg

IMG_1040a.jpg

IMG_1049a.jpg

IMG_1067a.jpg

My first signature! :wub2: He was quite in a hurry after the gig, but he was so nice and he said 'Hi' to me! :biggrin2:

Finally back home...

The gig in Amsterdam was...hm..so-so for me. I arrived at 13:30 at the venue after having wasted 1 hour at the tourist office at central station to get an I Amsterdam Card ( I swear I was about to kill someone from this office ...). When I arrived at the venue the list had already been closed so I had to que with the "regular" people and this sucked big time. I knew nobody, I was the only person dressed up, I couldnt leave the line for fear of losing my place, it was cold, it was raining and although I tried to start a conversation with the people around me, it didn`t really work. I felt abandoned and alone. And if you wonder why there is no Jabberwocky on any of the group pics, that´s the reason for it. At some point I just put my headphones on and listened to music until the batterries were low.

One hour before entering the venue I finally managed to get into a conversation with a nice guy from Serbia named Milrod. Thank god for Milrod! We decided to stick together throughout the gig. We were standing in the third row. Mellody suggested to move over to her place to stand in the second row but I preferred a more central position since I wanted to see more of the stage.

The gig was absolute fabulous. It was my second gig and it felt like an entire new show...actually it was...Duesseldorf had been my first MIKA gig. I wont write much more about the gig itself since that has already been done by others. Just two quick notes: 1. Milrod had not been to a MIKA gig before and it was so funny to see how he got all excited...every two minutes he said "Thats amazing, awesome...oh...balloons!!!look ballooons!!!!!..and glitter!!!!" *g 2. I think the sound quality in Duesseldorf was better. Sometimes I couldnt even hear Mika sing.

After the gig I waited like everybody else for Mika. I wanted to tell him that I really enjoyed the show. I know people on this board have pointed it out several times: the MIKA look that makes you weak in the knees. So when he finally stood in front of me I had a brain malfunction and couldnt say anything at all. It was an awkward moment: Mika looked at me as if he was waiting for something and I just stared back like a hypnotized rabbit. Finally I handed him my Alice in Wonderland book. He signed it, I managed to utter "Thank you" and he had already moved on to the next person.

Can I just say that he really has the most gorgeous eyes ever? :wub2::teehee:

Although he seemed tired and a bit in a hurry Mika signed for every single person (and it must have been at least 50 people if not even much more). I got to admire him for his patience - really.

Afterwards Nessa, Rauschendes-Bächlein and I took a cab to my hotel and we chatted for a while about the gig and so on. We developed some new interesting theories and eventually fell asleep.

Queueing was cold and great and I was being an awesome facepainter. At the drug store they thought I was pretending to be Lady Gaga and we ended up joking about it all day:roftl:

Stood on Imma's side next to the hatter. Was amazing, Mika shot us during Billy Brown and killed Freddie...mwahahaha

Now the most important thing ofcourse, the stage invasion. Completely unexpected. I saw Mika pointed at Freddie and then the stage to a security guy and I screamed: "FREDDIIEE HE WANTS YOU ON STAGE!" Freddie didn't believe it until the guy got him and we pushed him over. Then Mika looked straight into my eyes, pointed at me and then the stage. I pointed at myself mouthing: "Me?" As if I couldn't believe it and he nodded and did the gesture again so I started panicking and threw myself over the barrier. Apparently Mika already put his hand out to grab me but it was all a blur, I didn't see him and ran backstage.

I saw Freddie and he screamed: WHAT ARE YOOOUUU DOING HERE? Then we hugged and Mika came over, took Freddie's hand and dragged him to the other side of the stage as if he didn't want all of that on his stage:aah: I moved forwards and Imma immediately ran over to me, took my hand, said something along the lines of: LET'S ROCK AND ROLL and put her arm over my shoulder and I did the same and we jumped like crazy and then Lollipop was over and Kick Ass started and I just thought, feck it, I will do the flashmob and I stubbornly did it even though other things were happening everywhere:roftl:

It was over before I knew it and we went back to our friends and climbed over the barrier again. We took a grouppic and at last we managed to go outside.

M&G was nice but rushed. When he came over I gave him the Alice cd. He looked at it and said: "You know, they asked me to do the soundtrack for Alice in Wonderland" and everyone just looked like :blink: So I asked; Why didn't you do it? and he replied: "I didn't like the other songs on it. Avril Lavigne is on it" It wasn't on the cd I gave though but I just went like yeah she does suck.

Then my dear Adam Bubblespurry screamed: SHE'S LADY GAGA! And he just did the WTF face:roftl:

Then Freddie started talking to him and he put his arms around my neck and as he was talking more and more his grip got tighter and tighter and I said: "Freddie, Freddie, Freddie" and then Freddie said: Yeaaah what? and me: "You're choking me" and Mika looked at me and started laughing (Sadist!:mf_rosetinted:) and Freddie said: "I can do whatever I want, I'm the Mad Hatter!"

It was an amazing night and you could tell Mika adored the Alice theme. And it was even more special for me to be on stage, because I wasn't picked by mama p. but I was PERSONALLY CHOSEN by the man himself to be on that stage which made it even more special!

Next adventure....PINKPOP!

M&G was nice but rushed. When he came over I gave him the Alice cd. He looked at it and said: "You know, they asked me to do the soundtrack for Alice in Wonderland" and everyone just looked like :blink: So I asked; Why didn't you do it? and he replied: "I didn't like the other songs on it. Avril Lavigne is on it" It wasn't on the cd I gave though but I just went like yeah she does suck.

WIN! :lmfao::lmao:

Thank you. This just made my day. :lol3:

Great pictures, Marly! What kind of camera do you have? :teehee:

I have a Panasonic DMC-ZX3.

I only have since a month. I still have to learn how to use it good at gigs. Especially when there isn't much light. The pictures from after the gig are really bad. We weren't allowed to use flash. Should go practise making pictures in the dark.

The filming is really good. It films in HD

I have a Panasonic DMC-ZX3.

I only have since a month. I still have to learn how to use it good at gigs. Especially when there isn't much light. The pictures from after the gig are really bad. We weren't allowed to use flash. Should go practise making pictures in the dark.

The filming is really good. It films in HD

Thank you :wink2:

86671ef5.jpg

This is SO wrong.

Queueing was cold and great and I was being an awesome facepainter. At the drug store they thought I was pretending to be Lady Gaga and we ended up joking about it all day:roftl:

Stood on Imma's side next to the hatter. Was amazing, Mika shot us during Billy Brown and killed Freddie...mwahahaha

Now the most important thing ofcourse, the stage invasion. Completely unexpected. I saw Mika pointed at Freddie and then the stage to a security guy and I screamed: "FREDDIIEE HE WANTS YOU ON STAGE!" Freddie didn't believe it until the guy got him and we pushed him over. Then Mika looked straight into my eyes, pointed at me and then the stage. I pointed at myself mouthing: "Me?" As if I couldn't believe it and he nodded and did the gesture again so I started panicking and threw myself over the barrier. Apparently Mika already put his hand out to grab me but it was all a blur, I didn't see him and ran backstage.

I saw Freddie and he screamed: WHAT ARE YOOOUUU DOING HERE? Then we hugged and Mika came over, took Freddie's hand and dragged him to the other side of the stage as if he didn't want all of that on his stage:aah: I moved forwards and Imma immediately ran over to me, took my hand, said something along the lines of: LET'S ROCK AND ROLL and put her arm over my shoulder and I did the same and we jumped like crazy and then Lollipop was over and Kick Ass started and I just thought, feck it, I will do the flashmob and I stubbornly did it even though other things were happening everywhere:roftl:

It was over before I knew it and we went back to our friends and climbed over the barrier again. We took a grouppic and at last we managed to go outside.

Then my dear Adam Bubblespurry screamed: SHE'S LADY GAGA! And he just did the WTF face:roftl:

Then Freddie started talking to him and he put his arms around my neck and as he was talking more and more his grip got tighter and tighter and I said: "Freddie, Freddie, Freddie" and then Freddie said: Yeaaah what? and me: "You're choking me" and Mika looked at me and started laughing (Sadist!:mf_rosetinted:) and Freddie said: "I can do whatever I want, I'm the Mad Hatter!"

It was an amazing night and you could tell Mika adored the Alice theme. And it was even more special for me to be on stage, because I wasn't picked by mama p. but I was PERSONALLY CHOSEN by the man himself to be on that stage which made it even more special!

Next adventure....PINKPOP!

Great report! Interesting about the whole Alice In Wonderland thing lol

Thanks for everybody's reports. It nice to read how other experience the gig, espacially the m&g.

Thanks IngieVv, I liked that part about Alice in Wonderland. I don't like the song of Avril for the movie at all.