Not everything needs a thread

What happened to the previous 700+ users online from Sept 2009 (I think)?

I think that got reset when we updated the software a while ago -- it's

a shame, because that really was a monumental figure! But... we'll

just have to work toward topping it now :wink2:

I think that got reset when we updated the software a while ago -- it's

a shame, because that really was a monumental figure! But... we'll

just have to work toward topping it now :wink2:

What a shame!

I'm sure though that in 6 months the most the old record will be broken :thumb_yello:

Yet April seems so far away :no:

i really liked this movie too - a romcom with a bit o difference...

here's the trailer nico

[YOUTUBE]EWL2TJZpWkc[/YOUTUBE]

Oooh cool! That doesn't look too bad...

Does any of you guys watch the English X factor?

Nope... but that's partly cause I live in Australia (then again, I didn't watch the Aussie X Factor either). I don't really like the judges in out X Factor anyway, we have Mel B, Ronan Keating and two Aussie singers (Guy Sebastian and Natalie Bassingthwaite)...

+1 :boing:

Yaes! Good to see someone else likes it! I think the ones we're seeing are about 3 years old though (occasionally they show one that's got some annoying woman on it, she goes and looks at the houses and the people who want to buy watch it all on a laptop. I don't like that one)...

A question for Big Girls and Lollipop Girls: How did you get picked? :teehee:

They've done a few different things. In North America in 2008 they put a call out on MySpace for lollipop girls and people had to send in photos so they were chosen well in advance.

At the start of the 2009 tour Mika actually chose one of the big girls himself and later on I think John (the tour manager) was asking people in the queue.

By the 2010 European tour they put out a call for big girls and lollipop girls on Mikasounds. At the gigs someone from the crew - could be John or Maria (who was doing the wardrobe) or Yasmine or Mrs. P herself would ask people in the queue if they wanted to be in the show. They would take people backstage for a wardrobe fitting and if they could find a costume and a place for you in the show then you could go on stage, although sometimes people were sent back because there were not enough places. But usually they would ask that the people who had already done it before would bow out so that everyone could get a chance to do it at least once.

They've done a few different things. In North America in 2008 they put a call out on MySpace for lollipop girls and people had to send in photos so they were chosen well in advance.

At the start of the 2009 tour Mika actually chose one of the big girls himself and later on I think John (the tour manager) was asking people in the queue.

By the 2010 European tour they put out a call for big girls and lollipop girls on Mikasounds. At the gigs someone from the crew - could be John or Maria (who was doing the wardrobe) or Yasmine or Mrs. P herself would ask people in the queue if they wanted to be in the show. They would take people backstage for a wardrobe fitting and if they could find a costume and a place for you in the show then you could go on stage, although sometimes people were sent back because there were not enough places. But usually they would ask that the people who had already done it before would bow out so that everyone could get a chance to do it at least once.

wahh :shocked: thank you! that's a whole lot of info for me :biggrin2:

A question for Big Girls and Lollipop Girls: How did you get picked? :teehee:

I told everyone in the queue that I want to be a LG, and when Mika's mother went to pick up people (we already took our places in the 1 row), everyone shown at me (because no-one wanted to be on stage, girls preferred to watch the gig). So she looked at me and agreed. I was with husband, and she pointed at him and said: You go too.

After the gig she asked if we can go to the stage the next day again (in Riga), but we apologised and said that we want to see the gig itself.

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

After the gig she asked if we can go to the stage the next day again (in Riga), but we apologised and said that we want to see the gig itself.

Yes this is the dilemma and for me the gig always wins out. At the start of the UK tour John tried to get a bunch of us to do it but we were all there to see the new show and didn't want to miss out. Once I found out about the masks I was not interested in ever doing it anyway but Mika trained all the girls himself that day so it would have been the time to do it. :naughty:

Anyway I prefer a good old stage invasion where I can watch the whole show from the front row and then just run around the stage with no mask, no costume and no job to do. :roftl:

Yes this is the dilemma and for me the gig always wins out. At the start of the UK tour John tried to get a bunch of us to do it but we were all there to see the new show and didn't want to miss out. Once I found out about the masks I was not interested in ever doing it anyway but Mika trained all the girls himself that day so it would have been the time to do it. :naughty:

Anyway I prefer a good old stage invasion where I can watch the whole show from the front row and then just run around the stage with no mask, no costume and no job to do. :roftl:

Wow, THAT was an experience for the girls!!!!

Luckily, I had no dilemma. I had 2 gigs in 2 days, I dreamt to use one of them for LG. I was afraid that I won't fit to LG because I'm quite tall, and I'm not chubby to be a BG :aah: And I hope Mika's mom wasn't offended because we refused to be at stage the next day. She was so amazing, and hard-working, that I feel a bit uneasy till now.

And - When I was preparing to my cancelled gig this year, I strongly decided to fight for the 1 row :fangurl: Because I wanted to feel that drive and rage of a gig.

I strongly decided to fight for the 1 row :fangurl: Because I wanted to feel that drive and rage of a gig.

Yes that's definitely more fun for me. :wink2:

A conversation in the Adele thread reminded me of this but it has nothing to do with Adele so I'll post it here. This girl is doing very well on YouTube, I think she started when she was 10 or 11.

[YOUTUBE]iCqppkGSs80[/YOUTUBE]

A conversation in the Adele thread reminded me of this but it has nothing to do with Adele so I'll post it here. This girl is doing very well on YouTube, I think she started when she was 10 or 11.

wow!! her voice is brilliant - she's 11?? that be some serious talent :thumb_yello:

That is one amazing voice. I wonder if she will stay with music when she is older

She sure does have a brilliant voice :thumb_yello:.

I wonder, how to get a kid to enjoy singing and feel confident about it? My daughter has such a good ear for music. She sings beautifully and learned to play her favorite songs on the piano independently just by listening and is now starting to do the same on the guitar. She had singing lessons at 3 and 4 years and when we moved country her singing teacher urged us to continue with her music education. But first she had a language barrier and we didn't want to push her. Now she claims she's simply not interested any more :sneaky2:.

I've always wanted to be a good singer and maybe I'm simply trying to achieve my ambitions through her :dunno:. But since she does have talent, I'd like to see her work on it. Not to gain world-wide fame :naughty:. Simply for her own pleasure and for the sake of accomplishment. She doesn't understand it now, but one day she might regret not having used the gift she has :dunno:

She sure does have a brilliant voice :thumb_yello:.

I wonder, how to get a kid to enjoy singing and feel confident about it? My daughter has such a good ear for music. She sings beautifully and learned to play her favorite songs on the piano independently just by listening and is now starting to do the same on the guitar. She had singing lessons at 3 and 4 years and when we moved country her singing teacher urged us to continue with her music education. But first she had a language barrier and we didn't want to push her. Now she claims she's simply not interested any more :sneaky2:.

I've always wanted to be a good singer and maybe I'm simply trying to achieve my ambitions through her :dunno:. But since she does have talent, I'd like to see her work on it. Not to gain world-wide fame :naughty:. Simply for her own pleasure and for the sake of accomplishment. She doesn't understand it now, but one day she might regret not having used the gift she has :dunno:

how old is she? 12? :naughty:

i would make her. i was forced to play an instrument during my teen years and i'm so grateful for it now. not that i still play it (it was the wrong instrument :aah:), but as a teenager it was such a great outlet. i would just go play whenever i needed to vent. my teacher also often served as my therapist...:naughty:

also, i was able to be in a band for a while...

i have a friend who attends her kids' violin lessons and practices with them daily for an hour. i admire her, it teaches them real discipline, plus they're getting really good.

unfortunately i don't have the time to do that with my kids. also, i have financial limits, so right now two of my kids have to alternate piano lesson each week...:(

anyways, i am sure your daughter would be grateful later!!!

i would make her. i was forced to play an instrument during my teen years and i'm so grateful for it now. not that i still play it (it was the wrong instrument :aah:), but as a teenager it was such a great outlet. i would just go play whenever i needed to vent. my teacher also often served as my therapist...:naughty:

i have a friend who attends her kids' violin lessons and practices with them daily for an hour. i admire her, it teaches them real discipline, plus they're getting really good.

unfortunately i don't have the time to do that with my kids. also, i have financial limits, so right now two of my kids have to alternate piano lesson each week...:(

I defenitly wouldn't force her, I think it's close to childabuse.

If she doesn't like it now, maybe she will later, voluntarily.

But maybe also she is going to like something completely different, like horseriding, or skating or cooking....

Goodluck with your choice!

But maybe also she is going to like something completely different, like horseriding, or skating or cooking....

She's 6. But she has a mind of her own :aah:.

I'm happy she at least agreed to taking dancing lessons this term and as for now, I don't feel I should be pushing her to start with singing lessons again, mostly because we don't know whether we will be moving back in six months or stay for another year and if we did leave the coming summer, it would only be another thing she'd have to leave behind and maybe miss.

There has to be a golden middle between forcing and letting it be :dunno:. What I have started doing is tricking her into performing to us :teehee:. She picks a song she likes, learns to play it on the piano and sings to us. We've had some nice discussions concerning what was good and what could be improved and how, and luckily, for the time being, she doesn't object :original:. Already it has has a positive impact on her confidence, so we'll keep it up.

:lmfao:

sorry, that came out a little harsh. i'm harmless which is why my kids never practice... i actually think what my friend does comes close to child abuse...but then there are people like 'tiger mom' :aah:

what i meant was gentle encouragement. maybe with some incentives. because kids/teens really often don't know yet what they'll appreciate later...:teehee:

I'm happy she at least agreed to taking dancing lessons this term and as for now, I don't feel I should be pushing her to start with singing lessons again, mostly because we don't know whether we will be moving back in six months or stay for another year and if we did leave the coming summer, it would only be another thing she'd have to leave behind and maybe miss.

There has to be a golden middle between forcing and letting it be :dunno:. What I have started doing is tricking her into performing to us :teehee:. She picks a song she likes, learns to play it on the piano and sings to us. We've had some nice discussions concerning what was good and what could be improved and how, and luckily, for the time being, she doesn't object :original:. Already it has has a positive impact on her confidence, so we'll keep it up.

jeez, you got some time!!! she's only 6?! i wouldn't worry. and yes, at that age forcing may be more likely to completely turn her off...

at an older age they definitely need to be 'gently encouraged' to get off their butts! :roftl:

What I have started doing is tricking her into performing to us :teehee:. She picks a song she likes, learns to play it on the piano and sings to us. We've had some nice discussions concerning what was good and what could be improved and how, and luckily, for the time being, she doesn't object :original:. Already it has has a positive impact on her confidence, so we'll keep it up.

Oh I think you're doing exactly the right thing and she's only 6 so I'm sure she'll get more interested in it as time goes on if it's something she's got a talent for.

sorry, that came out a little harsh. i'm harmless which is why my kids never practice... i actually think what my friend does comes close to child abuse...but then there are people like 'tiger mom' :aah:

I think there's something to be said for the Tiger Mom approach. I think Mrs. P. was a bit of a Tiger Mom. Well, still is, if Elle Me Dit is anything to go by. :roftl:

so im doing the talent show soon and i know the song by heart but i can't find the piano cords in not skilled enough for all that other jazz i don't mind buying it but i can't find one with the letters because im bearly learning

any sites you guys know ?

You can try asking in this thread. There should be someone to help you:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18276

That seems like a good way to do it :thumb_yello:

Speaking as a teenager, I regret giving up piano lessons, and wish I could sing better. But I'm glad my parents aren't pinning all their hopes on me, and just supporting me in what I personally want to do.

Oh I think you're doing exactly the right thing and she's only 6 so I'm sure she'll get more interested in it as time goes on if it's something she's got a talent for.

I think there's something to be said for the Tiger Mom approach. I think Mrs. P. was a bit of a Tiger Mom. Well, still is, if Elle Me Dit is anything to go by. :roftl:

:roftl:

But look where her approach got him. Not that he hadn't otherwise... :wink2:

@astor - It's the regretting-giving-up-piano/singing/etc-lessons that worries me a bit, but yeah, she certainly does have some time :wink2:

You can try asking in this thread. There should be someone to help you:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18276

thanks im kinda new here and im starting to get the hang of things

:roftl:

But look where her approach got him. Not that he hadn't otherwise... :wink2:

@astor - It's the regretting-giving-up-piano/singing/etc-lessons that worries me a bit, but yeah, she certainly does have some time :wink2:

The thing is, I still ENJOY piano playing and singing, so it wasn't the end of the world when I gave it up. I can play some Mika songs, and I could learn more if I wanted to. I'm glad I wasn't pressured into doing something I didn't enjoy at the time. :biggrin2: