Not everything needs a thread

Guy... a question: since you in Canada seem to change the name of sports... how do you call "taekwondo"?? :aah:

:sneaky2: we do not change the name of sports... we just borrow them & make it our own :kachinga:

and "taekwondo" is still "taekwondo" Missy Moo! :sneaky2:

:aah::aah:

Seeing what you did with football I guessed you could call it karate or something :mf_rosetinted:

We have four different kinds of football... :fisch:

There's soccer (what Europeans call football).... Then there's rugby league, rugby union and Australian Rules football (or as most people that don't live in Victoria call it, aerial ping pong :teehee:)...

*hides*

As Siu was talking in another thread about Ne me quitte pas de Jacques Brel, an old french song.. well actually sung by a Belgian artist, I came across another very beautiful old french song which always gave me goose bumps and tears in the eyes.

Sorry, it's in French because the lyrics are very emotional and the interpretation is incredibly real

I thought it could find a place here

Sorry for those who don't understand a word or who are not interested :wink2:

NB: the singer is Egyptian, hence her accent and do not pay attention to the dress and hairstyle, straight out of the 70s :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]ZVqSqSc9dgQ[/YOUTUBE]

We have four different kinds of football... :fisch:

There's soccer (what Europeans call football).... Then there's rugby league, rugby union and Australian Rules football (or as most people that don't live in Victoria call it, aerial ping pong :teehee:)...

*hides*

So... how many kinds of Taekwondo have you got? :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously... football, should be foot-ball... like a foot kicking a ball... that would be easier :aah:

So... how many kinds of Taekwondo have you got? :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously... football, should be foot-ball... like a foot kicking a ball... that would be easier :aah:

50 :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously though, It's only been in the last 5-10 years or so that football has been called football by most people.

Can't explain why league, union and AFL are called football either (even though Victorians like to call AFL football... but going by the definition of football, it's not really football either)...

Anywho, I best get to bed.

so uh... i'm embarassed to ask this but... what's the deal with this smilie?> :aah: is it about to sneeze? is it laughing? is it angry? it's name is no help!

is that an aah like at the dentist? or is more like 'aah, now i understand'?

:confused:

i've been using it but i don't really know what it means :teehee: i hope people haven't been interpeting it the wrong way

Yay, what a bright idea!!!!

I'm first!

Yesterday my 2.5 year old son had a festive occasion in the kindergarten. He was in black waist, braces and a bow tie :wub2: Little gentleman :thumb_yello:

All the other boys wore jeans (while girls were in ball gowns!), so my son looked so different and stylish!

I thought about little Mika and his collection of bow ties (and of braces :naughty:)

And my son is curly, btw :biggrin2:

Oh, God, what I will do from him :aah:

edit: no, I'm not first anymore

Awwwww that sounds so cute, le petit Mikaaaaa :wub2:

so uh... i'm embarassed to ask this but... what's the deal with this smilie?> :aah: is it about to sneeze? is it laughing? is it angry? it's name is no help!

i've been using it but i don't really know what it means :teehee: i hope people haven't been interpeting it the wrong way

I think it means "aah i get it and it's kinda funny too!" at a same time :P

So my older brother is really annyoing how he mocks our boy and mocks me also. Just that I don't like him ( don't judge me alright, you don't know the stories behind the scenes)

Not judging you :huglove:

People generally don't understand Mika fandom, it's their loss :thumb_yello:

It's the equivalent of the 'XD' face.. If that helps :aah:

And hard to explain... :roftl:

It's the equivalent of the 'XD' face.. If that helps :aah:

And hard to explain... :roftl:

I think it's an "aah" of exasperation :naughty: - like a silent scream

This is so random :naughty:

Last night, my internet was not very good, so i thought i'd check out old Mika tv shows & interviews i had saved from 2009.

I happened to watch Soiree Sacree where they surprised Mika with French singer Charles Aznavour. I never knew M. Aznavour was so short! :teehee:

Mika looks at least 2feet taller! :shocked:

I also watched (again) Live at Home and i just :swoon:

Sometimes less is more Mika! :wub2:

This is so random :naughty:

Last night, my internet was not very good, so i thought i'd check out old Mika tv shows & interviews i had saved from 2009.

I happened to watch Soiree Sacree where they surprised Mika with French singer Charles Aznavour. I never knew M. Aznavour was so short! :teehee:

Mika looks at least 2feet taller! :shocked:

I also watched (again) Live at Home and i just :swoon:

Sometimes less is more Mika! :wub2:

The same was with me at the last drought. I watched all the vids that I hadn't watched since my Mika-discovering. I think I'm going to do the same the next week, if Mika won't come up with something...

I like the feeling of finding how dramatically he changed in this or that point.

I´ve listened to the song Vive le Vent for the first time (in french) and I wonder... you think is there room for falseto in that song? :aah:

let him sit in a slege for an hour in freezing december weather... there would be falsetto all the way:roftl:

Question: I downloaded some gigs, with links I found on mfc. Today I watched the Paleo gig and my hubby asked me from where I got the vid. He frightened me and said that it isn't legal...

Does anybody know if this is right?