The Hammersmith Apollo Thread

CazGirl

Before mods start to think about deleting it, I AM NOT CREATING THIS THREAD TO COMPLAIN.

I shall start.

So, after my dad and I had some difficulty finding the actual venue, my dad dropped me off so I could get in the queue while he found somewhere to park. Off I went, armed with my Primark bag which had the Cherisse book, and immediately found Sara and Jemma on the queue floor. I got round and got stamped as number 43 - the queue was short. Woohoo!

Also met Sivan, Summer and Suzy amongst plenty and plenty of others! You're all such LOVELY people!!!! *hug* Summer saw me and gave me a hug straight away!

So I went round to see Jemma and she was completing Luke's book. I looked through Martin's and Mikey's and they're amazing - not at all disappointing! (at the back of Mikey's book it has warped images of Jemma and Mikey as a couple :roftl:) Saranayde's book was good too. They looked through mine and they were impressed with it!

After that, my dad said that I could go and get pizza but I needed to get the money from him first. Dopey me, I went the wrong way and had to come all the way back.

As soon as I passed the queue I knew something was wrong. The bars were gone, and everyone was clumped in a group. I stood there confused, and Jemma beckoned me over. I went over there and I immediately knew what happened.

Jemma: Mika's cancelled

I said "no way!" because I didn't want it to be true. I was gutted and disappointed, but I saw it coming after he supposedly battled through last night's performance, and I was actually worried about him performing tonight.

The man who represented Mika (some American dude) had Mika on loudspeaker, and Mika himself personally apologised to the crowd.

Actually it was really funny. The man had a semi circle around him but as soon as Mika spoke everyone ran up to the phone so they could hear him properly :roftl: luckily I was at the front.

Like I said, I was disappointed, but I could understand Mika's point of view. If he sang tonight and tomorrow he would have permanent damage to his voice, so in a weird way I was glad he cancelled rather than have a poor show. Even his band members and crew are unwell. After Mika finished the crowd shouted back to him "Get Well Soon!" but I was one of the first people to speak, so I managed to shout "We love you Mika!" loud and clear.

We managed to give the Mika/Band gifts to the man because we didn't know if we could meet the band, so we figured they were safe with him.

Next thing I know, Luke is to my left. I got ready to have a picture with him and then I saw Sara just go straight up to him, hig him and kiss him on the cheek :roftl:

I managed to have a pic with him (had three pics: first was blurry, second he blinked, then it was juuuuust right!). Actually this was funny too, because he is so much taller than me so he stood on his tiptoes to show off :roftl: After he blinked on the second photo I said "You're rubbish!" and then he said "I hate photos..." and I felt really bad and guilty, and said "Oh, I'm sorry!!!"

I also had pictures with Sivan and Summer, Sparkly1 and her daughter.

I managed to see Cherisse as well. I told her that the MFC made the band gift books and who I handed it to, and that I made hers. She seemed very appreciative and said "Aww thankyou!!!" and I had a picture with her too. :wub2:

I'M SMALLER THAN CHERISSE!!!! :shocked:

Anyways, I met such a lovely bunch of MFCers, and I apologise that our meeting was short. After hearing about the cancellation, the MFC went to the pub and my dad and I would have gone too, but we didnt know what pub they were going to OR where to park (dad left instructions at home!) so off we went to leave London.

I didn't cry at the Apollo, but I did shed a few in the car. I was so looking forward to seeing Mika, and ACTUALLY GETTING IN THE FRONT ROW after being so fecking paranoid that the queue would be a mile long (i was number 43!) but I have to say...

I still got some positive things out of the trip.

- met MFCers

- met the band

- managed to hand in the gift books

- had a personal apology from Mika. This made up for so much because it wasn't as if it was just a note on the door saying "cancelled". It seemed to me as though Mika did really care.

I'm disappointed, but not hard-done by.

After hearing a drunk Jemma on the phone in the pub and said there was a new date (25th Feb), I was a lot happier. I'd much rather see Mika live and kicking rather than half dead.

(Jemma kept saying how lovely I am and started singing "SHE'S SO LOVE-ER-LY! SHE'S SO LOVE-ER-LY! :roftl:)

So...I'm not too bad.

Only two months to go!!!

ADD YOUR PHOTOS TO THIS LINK!

Instructions from Jennie:

User name: LondonMFC

password: chicken

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/LondonMFC/

Because there were soooooo many photos taken of MFCers at the venues and the bar etc over the course of the London weekend (Including Saturday!) it's easier for everyone to upload to one place!

Please make sure its all appropriate. Not interested in photos of Mika at the Brixton gig (well I am, just not in this album) or any other random uploads. They will be deleted!!!!!

If there is a photo of you on it which you really do not like try and contact the person who posted it before deleting it.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed Mika's personal apology? Damn. Oh well. It was lovely to meet the MFCers I did meet, and I'm sad I missed you Caz. I noticed you as I was getting my picture done with Luke (I think) but by the time I had done my sisters I couldn't see you, but I would have said hi. Two months and 22 days...

I missed Mika's personal apology? Damn. Oh well. It was lovely to meet the MFCers I did meet, and I'm sad I missed you Caz. I noticed you as I was getting my picture done with Luke (I think) but by the time I had done my sisters I couldn't see you, but I would have said hi. Two months and 22 days...

aww thats rotten luck that is! oh well. see ya feb 25th!!

caz its good too see everyone staying really postive about this:thumb_yello:

feb will b brill and something to look 4ward to and yr rite, no-one wants to see mika struggling and ill on stage

Before mods start to think about deleting it, I AM NOT CREATING THIS THREAD TO COMPLAIN.

As if we delete threads willy-nilly! :naughty:

I'm disappointed, but not hard-done by.

After hearing a drunk Jemma on the phone in the pub and said there was a new date (25th Feb), I was a lot happier. I'd much rather see Mika live and kicking rather than half dead.

(Jemma kept saying how lovely I am and started singing "SHE'S SO LOVE-ER-LY! SHE'S SO LOVE-ER-LY! :roftl:)

So...I'm not too bad.

Only two months to go!!!

Loved reading about your positive experiences -- anxious for your

photos, Caz! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

What a lovely report and great pics too. I am SO sorry for your (and the other MFCers) disapoinment but so pleased that you got something positive out of the experience...MFCers are just brilliant people to be with!

Awwwww thats a well sweet pic...:wub2:

I cant believe your shorter:shocked:

i think i look awful in that pic LOL!

But yeah i couldnt believe it! i stood next to her and said "we're the right size!" coz it SEEEEEEMED we were the same height, but i saw the pic and i exclaimed "YOU'RE TALLER THAN ME!!! Be proud!!" :roftl:

DSCF1151.jpg

you're smaller than cheeeeeeeerisse !! you're smaller than cheeeeeeeeerisse !! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :bleh:

i'd like to ask just one question... how come the band was there and not mika ? i mean why did they come ? to do the soundchek and learned that the gig wouldn't happen after they came, or just to be with people queuing and meet and greet (like PR for mika, sort of)... so ? does anyone know ?

you're smaller than cheeeeeeeerisse !! you're smaller than cheeeeeeeeerisse !! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :bleh:

i'd like to ask just one question... how come the band was there and not mika ? i mean why did they come ? to do the soundchek and learned that the gig wouldn't happen after they came, or just to be with people queuing and meet and greet (like PR for mika, sort of)... so ? does anyone know ?

not a clue lol. I was wondering that myself. The man asked on the walkie talkie for the band to come out...Maybe Mika WAS there but could do without the fuss. Which I totally understand. "Speaking to him" on the phone was the closest encounter I've ever had with him. I know I saw him at Shepherds Bush May 14th but to hear him speak to personally was special to me, and I was happy with that.

Luke told someone (I think it was me; the anti climax of the cancellation and the excitement of seeing the band had kicked in and my sanity left me :naughty: ) that as far as he knew the gig was going ahead, until Mika told them (I assumed at the venue). He said they were all sick and he didn't feel wonderful, but he didn't have to jump around and such.

thank caz!

i know you would behave at last! :wink2:

this is a nice report, a positive one, and we needed it!

thanks!:wub2:

did you get loads of negative ones then?

Mind you everyone was upset. Jemma was crying, I think Sivan and Summer had a few spells. I could understand everyone's grief (i make it sound like someone's died...)

But there's no hard feelings my end, and after hearing a drunk Jemma on the phone and everyone screaming HELLO to me, everyone seems to be fine as well LOL!

Thank you Caz!! and thank you jemma for the delivery too!:thumb_yello:

I'm sooooooo impressed by this man........more&more......a live message on the phone to the crown...........who else???? :wub2:

exactly. I'm glad he put his health first.